I made some changes to the frontpage, but you probably saw that already:
- The Latest Cars and Weekly Top Downloads list has been increased in size from 10 to 15 cars, mainly because of the huge amount of new cars coming in lately (10 a day is not unusual!).
To keep the size of the frontpage within limits, I removed the Random 5 and Latest Comments for now, maybe Ill put them back in later.
Let me know what you think!
For a long time I have not done much against First Posts (except removing them where I see them), but it is time to do something about it!
If I see someone posting something like First Post or I am first! or something like that, that person will get banned!
These posts are VERY annoying and does not contribute ANYTHING to the site, so stop them!
A big change has been made to the site today, something that Ive been planning for a long time:
- The messageboard has been replaced by a new one, namely phpBB, which has a lot more features than the old board and has a better moderator system
- A result of the new messageboard is also that the registration system is different now. I didnt want 2 different registrations for NFSCars (1 for the site, 1 for the board), so I decided to use the boards system for the site as well. This means that all registrations are no longer valid! Everyone will need to register on the board again and this registration will also be valid for NFSCars.
This is quite a big change. Chances are that there are still bugs in it, if you get errors or anything, please be so kind and let me know!
The site seems to be running fine, and I managed to restore about 16000 of the 22000 car comments. The rest is lost…
I noticed some small bugs and missing files & screenshots, I will fix them as soon as possible.
Also, you will see popup ads on the site now. I hate them, and I know a lot of you hate them, but it is either GameSpy/FilePlanet or popup ads and I think you agree with me that the current option is the best of these 2.
I am working on the upload script, it will be working again some time tonight I hope. The 24 hour delay of cars appearing on the site is gone now, as soon as a car is approved by an admin, it will be on the site available for download!
Update on the new design:
- It is going to take a few weeks before that is ready.
- With the new design, a new messageboard will be used, namely the phpBB2 (same as used at NFSCheats).
- A lot of scripts will be looked at and updated where needed.
- The site will use the registration system of the messageboard and everyone will need to register for a new account.
Thats it for now.
As you can see, the move is complete, we are at our new host now!
Unfortunately, the database move didnt go too well… We lost:
- Messageboard posts
- Car comments
- News comments
Maybe I will be able to restore it within the next few days, but dont count on it :(
Oh well. Lets look at the bright side: FilePlanet is HISTORY!
I am quite tired now, after all the problems, so it could be that there are errors on the site. If you find any, let me know, so I can fix it!
The time has finally come! NFSCars is moving to a new host, away from GameSpy and, most importantly, away from FilePlanet!!!
Moving the site will take some time, and during the move, no new cars will be added. So please be patient, as soon as the site is up and running at the new host, updates will come again!
I live in Zimbabwe, and today and tomorrow we are having the most important presidential elections in 20 years.There has been a lot of political violence so far, as well as allegations of rigging, and I am asking the people of the world to pray for a truly free and fair election in Zimbabwe.Thank you, and may Zimbabwe once again live in peace. FCD
Yesterday, NFSCars passed the amount of 1700 cars in total. This is once more a great milestone in the rich history of NFSCars.
Id like to thank all those that have uploaded cars to the site, and I hope you keep doing that!
Im also working on a new design (finally…), as the current design is too old in my opinion. I dont know yet when it will be implemented, it could take well over a month, or maybe even more as I dont have all the time of the world to do it.
So stay tuned!
A new affiliate has arrived :):
Need For Speed Live!
The site has a small and growing track database. It also gets community
views and comments of NFS and other downloads for NFS. People also get to
show off their best track times against each other. Its all happening at
Well as some of you may know there hasnt been any updtes to my site www.scaretuning.cjb.net lately.
Well thats becouse my modem broke and there is no way i can upload new things etc. :(
So i can hardly check my email and if i do it costs me.
But I will try to get this fixed soon.
SITE ADMIN AT NFSCARS
AND WWW.SCARETUNING.CJB.NET (My site)