The VW Scirocco is closely related to its platform mate, the VW Golf, but it is just so much more than that. The 2.0l engine in the Scirocco R produces north of 260hp, and nearly the same in pound feet of torque.
Dressed for show as well as go, this Golf sports a blue and black two tone livery inspired by dazzle camouflage. There is a red key line picking out the color break on the body, as well as color matched wheels, matching the title sponsor of the car.
Recently upgraded by the development team with more power and precise handling, this purpose built tarmac racer is ready to race. Get yours in the Car Dealer today!
To celebrate the holiday weekend, Easter Packs are now available for purchase - for limited time only. Each pack contains a full set of Aftermarket Parts (Neon, Window Tint, Wheels, License Plate, Lowering Kit), including special items not found in the Store. You can access them from the same Card Pack store in your Safehouse or from the SpeedBoost store in game.
There are 23 different types altogether, so collect them all today!
Lamborghini has a tradition of naming its cars after breeds of fighting bull, both fast and powerful. The Diablo Sport Veloce (SV) is no exception and is equipped to challenge your fastest Tier 2 rivals.
With its electronic suspension removed for even more weight savings, rear-wheel drive and packing a punch at 510hp, this mid-engine sports car virtually guarantees high performance.
Leave your competitors in the dust with this V12 â€œDevilâ€. Get your Diablo today in the Car Dealer!
With only 652 ever built, the Barracuda is an extremely rare and sought after big block model, with appraisal values fetching north of $150K USD. Car fanatics love this American car for its tire-shredding power, as well as the aggressive sound of its legendary engine. Other feature goodies include rally wheels, hood pins and E body doors equipped with side-impact protection beams. For visual street cred, you canâ€™t beat the Barracuda in high impact colours and hockey stick sport stripes.
Get your very own collectable Barracuda today and rule the roads of NFS World! This Tier 1 muscle car is now available in the Car Dealer!
Building on the excitement from last week's Spot the Devs event where we featured the BMW M1 ProCar, we'll be holding Spot the Devs 6!
Join us on Thursday April 5 for the Dev chasing! Find a Dev member, take a clear snapshot of their car and submit it to be entered into a random draw for your chance to win one of 50 promo codes for the not-yet-released car. Youâ€™ll know the car when you spot the Dev (identifiable with the Hammer of Awesomeness)!
Spot Producer Marc De Vellis and double your chances of winning, as heâ€™ll have 25 promo codes to also give away.
Spot the Devs 6 will take place on Thursday April 5 between 10am â€“ 12pm PST.
The Devs will be starting their engines at the following locations: Time Square, Little Italy, Chinatown, Golf Course and Silverton.
The team will be on the European server from 10am â€“ 11am PST and then switch over to the North American server from 11am â€“ 12pm PST.
Photos are to be submitted by email to [email]email@example.com[/email] by 1159pm PST April 5 in order to be entered into the random draw. Be sure to put "Spot the Devs 6â€ in the subject line of your email.
ONE PHOTO PER CONTESTANT. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday April 18.
Event will be live-tweeted on Twitter, so follow along for all the action. Good luck!
Springtime brings about thoughts of bunny rabbits and chocolate eggs. Luckily for us, it also brings about a new edition of the ultra-fast BMW Z4 GT3.
Tossing out the 6 cylinder engine from the standard Z4, the GT3 car uses a 4.4l V8 pulled from the nose of the BMW M3. Producing a little over 500hp and with a weight of a little over 2600lbs, this translates into stunning speed and agility.
Nowâ€™s your chance to get this custom BMW with the fresh spring livery, Easter themed neon, and license plate! Get yours today in the Car Dealer!
To celebrate the release of the BMW Z4 GT3 Easter Edition and this weekendâ€™s holiday, weâ€™re holding an Easter Customization Contest! Using your vinyls, decorate a car of your choice in an EASTER THEME and submit it for your chance to win 1 of 10 Amazon Gold Starter Pack!
The Amazon Gold Starter Pack includes:
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R34) â€œUndergroundâ€ edition
Uniquely skinned â€œV3NMOU5â€ License Plate exclusive
Contest begins Tuesday April 3, 12pm PST and ends Sunday April 8, 12pm PST. Email your ONE photo submissions to [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]. Be sure to put â€œEaster Customization Contestâ€ in the subject line of your email. All submissions are eligible to win, however only ONE PICTURE / ONE VIEWPOINT will be accepted, so choose your best angle. Multiple submissions will be automatically disqualified.
The top 10 winners will be determined by a panel of NFSW judges and announced on Wednesday April 18.
The purpose of this maintenance window is to deploy server / a game patch to Need for Speed World. Please see Release Notes below.
April 3rd, 2012
Start: 1pm (13:00) PDT – 4pm (16:00) EDT – 8pm (20:00) UTC
End: 5pm (17:00) PDT – 8pm (20:00) EDT – 12am (00:00) UTC
During the maintenance window, the servers will be offline and users will not able to log in and play Need for Speed World. Players who are already logged in and playing NFS World will be disconnected from the server and therefore, disconnected from the game.
- For a limited time only, an Easter Aftermarket Card Pack is available for purchase and includes exclusive Easter themed Neons and License Plates
- A new BMW Z4 GT3 (Easter Edition) has been added to the game and is available for purchase from the Car Dealer
- Improvements to the clientâ€™s stability have been made
- The last active tab is now shown whenever the News Feed is opened during a session
- The ability to click on a Driver name in the Rankings and bring up the context menu has been restored
- Position numbers have been added to the Rankings
- The Volkswagen Scirocco has undergone re-tuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- The Toyota Supra has undergone re-tuning to increase the carâ€™s top speed and enhance its handling
- Fixed an issue that caused the Porsche 911 Turbo to disappear after a certain distance on other playerâ€™s screens when equipped with certain Visual Packages
- Fixed an issue which caused the Lotus Evora (Cop Edition) to clip with objects in front of or behind the car
- A missing license plate has been added to the Lamborghini Countach 5000 quattrovalvole
- Fixed a vinyl wrapping issue on the Nissan Silvia when equipped with certain Visual Packages
- Fixed a vinyl wrapping issue on the Lamborghini MurciÃ©lago (Cop Edition)
- Fixed a vinyl mirroring issue on the Toyota MR2
- Fixed an issue that caused damage to appear black on the BMW M3 GTS while in Minimum or Low level of detail when equipped with certain Visual Packages
- Some missing exhaust effects were added to the BMW M3 Sport Evolution when equipped with dual exhaust Visual Packages
Pre-Release Platinum Packs Are Now Available In NFS World!
March 31st 2012
For the first time ever, NFS World will have pre-release Platinum Packs available for its community! These Platinum Packs contains 5 reward cards, one of which is always a guaranteed Ultra Performance part. There are 3 Platinum Packs, one for each car tier and players can win multiple performance parts from a single Platinum Pack.
Platinum Packs can be purchased in the Card Pack store in the Safehouse or from the SpeedBoost store.
Be the first to get Ultra Performance Parts and push your carâ€™s performance to new levels of awesomeness!