Announcing the Need for Speed World Create-A-Porsche 959 Contest Need for Speed is very excited to announce the Need for Speed World Create-A-Porsche 959 contest!
We are asking the NFS community, to model a car for the launch of Need for Speed World. Weâ€™ve seen some of the amazing work youâ€™ve done with our PC games once theyâ€™ve shipped and weâ€™d like to showcase some of that work in World. Our good friends at Porsche have agreed to give players the chance to model the 959 for inclusion in the game and get credit for their creation. The car that wins will be available in Need for Speed World as a drivable car when the game launches.
The competition opens today, April 8, 2010, and will close on April 25, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM PST.
Please refer to the complete RULES & REGULATIONS for details on participation restrictions, winner selection criteria and other important information. Participants must submit their creations in the following file formats in order to be considered:
- 3D Studio Max
- Autodesk Maya
File requirements must follow:
High Res LOD:
14,000 triangles for bodywork, glass, trim, headlights, taillights
1,000 triangles for interior
1,400 triangles per wheel
200 triangles per brake caliper/rotor
6,000 triangles for base car
600 triangles per wheel
600 triangles for interior
25 triangles for brakes
2,500 triangles for base car
200 triangles for interior
200 triangles per wheel
1250 triangles for whole LOD
400 triangles total
Texture Size: *Note ALL textures should be created at double resolution to the requested size.
To submit your entry, email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach (2) screenshots (1280x720 resolution) that best show your submission as well as complete 3D files. Only include:
â€œNeed for Speed World Create-A-Porsche 959â€ in the subject line.
Emails must also contain the submitters:
- First and Last Name
- User or Screen Name
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
Regardless of format, all Submissions MUST be your original work, not the work of a team or other entity.
In other words no conversions of other people's work either.
All Submissions MUST NOT (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion):
- Contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Contain material that is unlawful, sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or be inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- Disparage Sponsor or any other person or entity;
- Have been previously published or entered into any previous contest or competition; or
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
The contest is officially open so get busy and start submitting your cars. Weâ€™re looking forward to seeing the NFS communityâ€™s creativity at work!