View Full Version : PS2 or X-BOX

PortuguesePilot
12-26-2002, 10:13 PM
i'm seriously considering the hypothesis of buying a DVD-based console. but, allas, i'm not sure of wich one to get. the Sony PS2 is a huge comercial success here in Portugal, it's got lot's of accessories and games on sell and it's cheaper. on the other hand, Microsoft's X-Box is techonoligically more advanced and the list of games and accesories is also impressive. i adore racing games. PS2 has the phenomenal GT3 (wich i already played and find almost divine) but the X-Box has SEGA GT 2002 and Project Gotham 2 is on the works (and it features the mighty Mercedes 300SL Gullwing). i also want the console to read DVDs, because i only have one DVD player (in the living room) and i want to see DVDs in my room as well. the PS2 comes with a built-in DVD reader, but the X-Box needs the DVD playing kit in order to read movie DVDs (i know there's a hack around that, but i dislike hacks).

so, to sum this up, i ask you guys to give me your opinions on this matter. tell me why should we choose one and not the other. please, don't just vote and leave. write here why you voted in that console. thanks!

Anonymous
12-26-2002, 10:25 PM
as it stands right now, I favor PS2 over Xbox. it has the considerably larger game library (both PSX and PS2) and has the DVD support built in. I strongly prefer the PS2 controller over the Xbox one as well. although Xbox may have the more advanced hardware, take note a majority of its games SUCK.

the console I speculate to win this generation's war (PS2 vs. Xbox vs. GameCube) is the PS2, because it has the best combination of quantity and quality of games and has a ton of accessories available.

also make note of this, if you get Xbox, you have to lug a "VCR" around, and the GameCube is a friggin BOX, so I'd venture to say the PS2 is the most convenient of the bunch to transport around. the vertical stand option helps out if you're looking for a tight place to stick your PS2, hehe.

verdict: get PS2. ;)

Drift Freak
12-26-2002, 11:05 PM
ps2 cuz the best racing games out there right now for consoles is only for ps2 :beer:

Venom
12-26-2002, 11:55 PM
I say PS2 because you don't have to buy a DVD kit for it, accessories cost less, better games like GT3, GTA:VC, and Ace Combat 4, online play is free, and the controllers are more comfortable.

JethroK
12-27-2002, 12:41 AM
There should be no doubt about this...get the PS2. You wouldn't be able to see yourself jacking some car on the street in GTA:VC if you get the xbox.

insomniac
12-27-2002, 12:42 AM
i would say a PS2 cuz it's smaller and there is a DVD already pluged in so you don't have to buy any kits like Xbox.

PortuguesePilot
12-27-2002, 12:49 AM
those are all very valuable points. thanks guys. still, i would like to read more opinions. for now, the PS2 is leading with a perfect beat, but... does any of you "push" for the X-Box? leave your opinions here.

Anonymous
12-27-2002, 01:44 AM
XBOX!!!

hehe...
The Xboxs are really, really, better than the ps2. They have better gfx, better sound, in my opinion, better games and it has built in hdd and stuff so u can get some really cool stuff happening with it.
Sure, the PS2 has a lot of games to choose from, but most of them are a load of... well u know...

Catch ya later :wink:

Fordlover
12-27-2002, 04:50 AM
XBOX!!!

hehe...
The Xboxs are really, really, better than the ps2. They have better gfx, better sound, in my opinion, better games and it has built in hdd and stuff so u can get some really cool stuff happening with it.
Sure, the PS2 has a lot of games to choose from, but most of them are a load of... well u know...

Catch ya later :wink:

I AGREE!!!!! I HAVE AN XBOX....ITS AWESOME!!!!! BETTER VISUAL EFFECTS, SOUND EFFECTS! IT HAS A 8GB BUILT IN HARD DRIVE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO FORK OUT FOR LITTLE SPACED- MEMORY CARDS.

The reason why there's not much games for xbox is that the xbox was launched last year...so it is a starter for Microsoft in the gaming arena.

So get XBOX...its freaking better than PS1 or PS2.

XBOX ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :beer: :beer:

HsV_CoUpE
12-27-2002, 05:16 AM
ok i own a ps2 and an xbox...and pesernaly i like the ps2, mainly cos of gt3 and the grand theft auto games ( gtA3 gta"V.C ) ... racing games on xbox start to hurt ur hand...the controllers fat and un comfortable and the graphics....i dont see a difference in the same games but halo is kool :beer: but.... PS2 ROCKS!!!! :wave: ( or wait till theres emulators out and get both :twisted: )

T®u3no G+ Ap3x
12-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Ps2... still waits for one :standsproud:

DJC
12-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Ps2... still waits for one :standsproud:

lol, ditto

aldend123
12-27-2002, 10:12 AM
If i were to buy one, it would be the ps2. the x-box has a hard drive and an internet connection, making it possible for it to crash and get viruses, and I really hate Microsoft! Plus I like the controller, games, look, and size of the ps2. both the controller and acctual x-box are way to big.

PortuguesePilot
12-27-2002, 10:18 AM
the X-Box also has a few cards up it's sleeves. the internal HD is a major one, the connectivity and interface potencial is bigger than that of the PS2 and the games library is growing at an allarming rate. practically every game that's avaliable for PS2 is now also avaliable for the X-Box.
the hardware advantage of the X-Box makes it have a bigger potencial than the now 3 year old PS2.

i remember that back in the 1995's, the SEGA Saturn was, at least here in Portugal, winning in the sales department. the only oponnent SEGA had back then had a premature death (the now infamus Commodore CD32) and so SEGA seemed supreme. there were a lot of games and periferals for the Saturn and the PSX had just arrived, unknown and unheard of. i remember that people went: "Sony makes good discmans, hi-fis and televisions, but what do they know about consoles and videogaming entertainment? SEGA's got all the expertise and experience, the Saturn has got the best games and this Sony freakster is going the way of the Dodo in no time". but, gradually, the techonoligically more advanced PlayStation grew stronger, so strong that it took the entire Portuguese country by storm. the PSX became the ultimate 32bit console that rendered the Saturn useless. those SEGA people that already had a Satrun felt forced to buy a PSX and resign their SEGA loyalty.

now people treat the PS2 like they treated the Saturn back on those days. "Sony's got the expertise. after all, they built the best selling entertainment console ever! they know what they're doing." but if the X-Box fulfills it's potencial, then it's going to overthorw the PS2. but, what if it does not fulfill it's potencial? what if it becomes a flop much in the likes of the Panasonic 3DO or the Atari Jaguar? and rumors are that say that the PlayStation 3 is already projected and is estimated to get on-sale in december 2003. i wonder if i should wait? but i can't wait forever, because if i do, i'll still be unable to play games and DVDs on my bedroom TV. and when the PS2 (and the sucessor of the X-Box) comes out, people will be talking about the PS4 already. one can't wait forever.

as it stands, i'm leaning towards the PS2, but the X-Box has got it's charm as well. althogh many people diss the "monopolized emperialist and capitalist philosophy of Microsoft's marketing", it's not the same as saying that the X-Box isn't a good machine. i'm still in doubt and i'm relying on your opinions. for now, the PS2 leads. lets read more of your opinions. thanks to those who already voted and posted and thanks to those of you who're still gonna vote.

Tritoch
12-27-2002, 11:39 AM
PS2 all the way. It's digital already. I had an xbox (for less than a week), and it totally sucked beans :censored: . It froze often(win2k sucks), and It's not compatible with anything but an analog tv. I kniow I've heard people say they've hooked it up to HDTV's and other big screens, but I really doubt thier stories. Microsoft even says in thier manual and on their help line, not to hook it up to anything but an analog set, as it will destroy the digital components of more advanced TV's. Microsoft had the right idea, but totally lost it when planning for the future or knowing microsoft, maybe they planned for their own console to be obsolete in two years, so all the suckers that bought the first one would have to go out and buy xbox 2 or a digital upgrade component. I won't touch another xbox as long as microsoft has anything to do with it (that means never). And like Portuguese Pilot said, - almost all the titles available for PS2 are available for the xbox-, and vise-versa. As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse to buy into microsofts big swindel.

Microsoft keeps killing us with two bit products, and laughable polycies. :finger:

Drift Freak
12-27-2002, 11:43 AM
If i were to buy one, it would be the ps2. the x-box has a hard drive and an internet connection, making it possible for it to crash and get viruses, and I really hate Microsoft! Plus I like the controller, games, look, and size of the ps2. both the controller and acctual x-box are way to big.
ps2 hv an internet connection too..lol
and u can get a 20~40GB hard drive for it

Mini Mouse
12-27-2002, 12:16 PM
K well my thought is that Ps2 is better then x box because smaller, grafix, controller size, built in dvd player... the one thing x box has on the ps2 is that its got a built in hard drive and i think modem..... Sony has released a linux kit that makes it the same as x box....another thing is the only came out or have seen that comes close to ps2 grafix wise is splinter cell. another thing is that i honestly think Xbox is more like a computer then a gameing console......... yea the specs might be better.... but right now Ps2 is a better overal system. i think that u having to buy a dvd kit to be able to play dvds is just a money crap..... yea Bills hots lots money........ so why could he just not though the dvd standerd in in the first place........ well u should buy ps2 cause its got a better backround in the console instustery and with the linux kit you get:

The Linux Kit (for PlayStation 2) includes:

Linux Kit (for PlayStation 2) release 1.0 software

Monitor Cable Adaptor (for PlayStation 2) (with Audio Connectors)

Internal Hard Disk Drive (40 GB) (for PlayStation 2)

Network Adaptor (Ethernet) (for PlayStation 2) [10/100 Base-T]

USB Keyboard (for PlayStation 2) & USB Mouse (for PlayStation 2)

now with this out i think sony will even out the comp.......but then again they already have beatin xbox in sales
just my thought

Peace

The addy for the linux kit specs and more info
http://www.us.playstation.com/hardware/more/SCPH-97047.asp#

S.h.o.r.t.y

telecaster1248
12-27-2002, 12:35 PM
i get a lot of electronic magazines, and from their point of view, PS2 reigns supreme. it's games are much better, for example, nfs hp2 on the PS2 is the cleanest game out of the 4 versions. also, PS2 does have the game selection area completely dominated. plus, i have a lot of friends who have gotten severe cramps in their hands and arms by using the X Box controller. on another note, microsoft has already announced that the next X Box will probably be a "family computer". its funny, everything microsoft does turns into a computer. anyway, sony toshiba and i believe ibm are working together to create the PS3. also, they have developed a DVD with 19 GB on each side, it doesn't work for games yet, but the possibilities are endless.

TheFerrariman
12-27-2002, 12:36 PM
XBOX ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT!!! ITS WAY BETTER THE PS2!
whew! I got a little to worked up that time! :lol:

conscars1
12-27-2002, 12:48 PM
i prefer PS2 because u can dvd and music aswell as games, X box may have better graphics but the playstation2 has way more games i think.

TheFerrariman
12-27-2002, 12:51 PM
i prefer PS2 because u can dvd and music aswell as games, X box may have better graphics but the playstation2 has way more games i think.

Didnt you just look at my post u have wasted $200 on a junk system!

NFSGamerUSA
12-27-2002, 12:56 PM
What a stupid question, everybody knows the PlayStation 2 is way better than the Xbox.

P.S. Read my new signature. :mrgreen:

TheFerrariman
12-27-2002, 02:10 PM
It looks the same to me.

TheFerrariman
12-27-2002, 02:18 PM
It looks the same to me.

Oh nevermind! :lol:

NFSGamerUSA
12-27-2002, 02:19 PM
It looks the same to me.

No it isn't.

Pround not to be the Web Manager of Need For Speed - Public Safety Department!!!

TheFerrariman
12-27-2002, 03:17 PM
It looks the same to me.

No it isn't.

Pround not to be the Web Manager of Need For Speed - Public Safety Department!!!

Exacly thats why I put nevermind!

PortuguesePilot
12-27-2002, 06:29 PM
What a stupid question, everybody knows the PlayStation 2 is way better than the Xbox.

why is this such a stupid question? are you so sure of what you claim? if yes, why? my intention with this threat is for people to state WHY one system is better and not just to say it's better. my question isn't stupid, at least not as stupid as your answer.

i see that the PS2 is hugely popular and that may indeed be it's "major ace in the card game" against the X-Box. the Gamecube isn't DVD based so it's not a contender here. i'm more and more leaned towards the PS2, does any of you have anything to say in favour of the X-Box? keep writing your opinions here. thanks!

NFSGamerUSA
12-27-2002, 06:35 PM
Well, way more games, plus more (PSOne games), and PlayStation has been existing far longer than the XBox, so in other word's Sony's more experienced in the video-game area than Microsoft.

Drift Freak
12-27-2002, 06:36 PM
the Gamecube isn't DVD based so it's not a contender here.
gamecube's disc IS actually based on a smaller version of DVD
and if u can find a Panasonic Q (which is just a gamecube that can play DVD)..u can watch DVDs too.

PortuguesePilot
12-27-2002, 08:00 PM
@ NFSGamerUSA: i already debated the possibilities of that "experience and expertise" stuff somewhere above.

@ Drift Freak: the GameCube may indeed be a very nice console, it has good specs and is made by a good company, but it's just out of the lot, i never considered to buy the Nintendo box. the only Nintendo i would buy would be the phenomenal GameBoy Advanced.

anyway, we are lead to conclude that hardware specs aren't the most important things. i do belive that, in the end, games are what consoles are all about. sure, the Neo Geo was better than the Nintendo Super Famicom (SNES), but it was waaay too expensive. but in the battle between the X-Box and the PS2, the Sony's product seems to have the advantage in the gaming level and there is no huge pricing difference. is it an ephemerous advantage? probably. will the PS3 come in a near future? maybe. will it be worthy? i don't know...

all i know is that i'm probably getting myself a PS2. at least if no-one convinces me otherwise.

OZ
12-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Look, I haven't read all the posts, so my opinion my look strange a bit...

Once, on a interview, a famous Sony CEO answering a question about the new microsoft console, said that the gaming industrie had steped into a level were the graphics, sound and other related things are no more important, cus the important thing is the game fun factor. I believe in him, cus nowadays is not the graphic or sound how keeps you playing, is the fun factor... At this point, even though I've already played all the consoles avaiable on the market, I would go for the PS2, most of the games with great fun factor are avaiable to it, even though they aren't PS2 games (well I keep on playing old PS1 games like Rage Racer and Marvel Super Heroes)

I think that the major aspect tha led me to buy a PS2 is the next version of it (probably called PS3) which I heard as a rummor, will be compatible with both PS1 and PS2, which will give me the satisfaction of keep on playing my favorite games from all generations.

Well, I could say more, but I don't think is needed...

PortuguesePilot
12-28-2002, 10:32 AM
the compatibility issue (PSX to PS2 and the possibility of compatibility with PS3) is a huge advantage of the PS2, even though i sold almost all my PSX games when i sold my PSX (i only kept GT, GT2 and Tekken 3 because i loved them and Dargon Ball Final Bout because no-one wanted to buy that game).

the X-Box seems to have poor marketing and bad costumer support. i've seen it happen before (DreamCast) and it may bring a console down. also, those episodic "freezing" events are vicious and unwanted, giving the impression that the X-Box is an unpolished piece of hardware.

i'm more and more leaned towards the PS2, i guess i'll myself buy one as soon as i get the chance.

Hicks
12-28-2002, 11:42 AM
imo what happen with the dreamcast will not happen with the xbox because microsoft is a big company (with a lot more money than sega, nintendo and sony together) they really want the console market, they will do anything to stay in the market, that why the xbox had better hardware and that the reason lost money on every xbox console

TheFerrariman
12-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Well, way more games, plus more (PSOne games), and PlayStation has been existing far longer than the XBox, so in other word's Sony's more experienced in the video-game area than Microsoft.

I would agree in some of what you said, like how Sony made one of the first best systems, but Microsoft makes computers and some graphics cards. Think about that! They make software, computers, mice, keybords, etc. They make alot of stuff related to graphics!

imo what happen with the dreamcast will not happen with the xbox because microsoft is a big company (with a lot more money than sega, nintendo and sony together) they really want the console market, they will do anything to stay in the market, that why the xbox had better hardware and that the reason lost money on every xbox console

I agree with that too :lol:

Drift Freak
12-28-2002, 12:05 PM

I would agree in some of what you said, like how Sony made one of the first best systems, but Microsoft makes computers and some graphics cards. Think about that! They make software, computers, mice, keybords, etc. They make alot of stuff related to graphics!
microsoft doesn't make gfx cards..
lol
they make games and stuff..
but they never make gfx cards..
the gfx card inside the XBOX is made by nvidia
also..
they don't make comps..

TheFerrariman
12-28-2002, 12:06 PM

lol
also..
they don't make comps..

They dont hmm. weird. Then who made what your using now?

Drift Freak
12-28-2002, 12:15 PM

lol
also..
they don't make comps..

They dont hmm. weird. Then who made what your using now?
if ur talkin about my comp..
i build it myself..
microsoft only make softwares (games...apps...windows)..keyboard..mouse...racing wheels..trackballs...etc.

oVerdRive
12-28-2002, 02:01 PM
Ok,
Well I would say get a PS2 because, not only did Sony invent CD's and CD players (which makes them the fore most authority on anything having to do with CD's) but they have always beaten thier competition. There was a lot of "hype" about the Nintendo Game Cube and it has yet to beat the PS2 in sales. The X-Box made my microsoft (which is a company i really dislike but have to put up with) is much more advanced..... but IMO they have not really done anything spectacular with its capibilites. IMO is just a expensive box with great capibilites and no future. PS2 can play PS games, also can get a H/D, internet connection and can stand on the vertical position. Will the X-Box improve... most likley.. but so will the PlayStation. I would say get one of them and you wont regret it.

OZ
12-28-2002, 03:53 PM

Do you really beleive on what you're saying??? being a big company doesn't mean that you will not suffer from failures, Who here doen't remenber that interview where "Uncle Bill" was showing off the Windows XP and It frezzes right on the middle of the presentation? As Drift Freak said, microsoft now only makes softwares and peripherals, so you won't find anything important on your hardware made by they. After all, I still go with sony, their policie of constant improvement on their systems take ours opinions as rules, and most of the major softhouses are working with they

Jayboi
12-28-2002, 04:06 PM
8) PS2. XBOX I Really Dont Like. The Only Thing I Like About XBOX Is that U Can Play Online Wit Other PPL. PS2 Got GTA,GTA VC, HP2, GT2, GT Concept, Midnight Club, NBA Street Hoops, The NBA Live Series & More Games. TOOOOO Bad You Cant Put Downloaded Cars From This Site To A NFS Game 4 PS2. :(

PortuguesePilot
12-28-2002, 04:55 PM
Ok,
Well I would say get a PS2 because, not only did Sony invent CD's and CD players (which makes them the fore most authority on anything having to do with CD's)

as far as i know, Philips invented the CD and the CD players. but you're probably right about the X-Box, though...

my mind is more set on the PS2. i've been reading about the so called PS3 and when it's expected to arrive. when i draw my final conclusions, i'll buy a console. it will be a PlayStation (so i guess that the X-Box is out of the lot) but i'm not sure if i'll get the PS2 or wait for the PS3.

Drift Freak
12-28-2002, 04:58 PM
Ok,
Well I would say get a PS2 because, not only did Sony invent CD's and CD players (which makes them the fore most authority on anything having to do with CD's)

as far as i know, Philips invented the CD and the CD players. but you're probably right about the X-Box, though...

my mind is more set on the PS2. i've been reading about the so called PS3 and when it's expected to arrive. when i draw my final conclusions, i'll buy a console. it will be a PlayStation (so i guess that the X-Box is out of the lot) but i'm not sure if i'll get the PS2 or wait for the PS3.
if u're waiting for ps3...
then u still hv a long way to go.. :lol:
it's not expected to be out until like 2005

PortuguesePilot
12-28-2002, 05:01 PM
the most recent i heard was december 2003. but 2005 seems to be the most frequent possible date and the most realistic. maybe i'll buy the PS2 now and say "oh! what a heck, screw the X-Box and the PS3"

LambosportFordmuscle
01-04-2003, 12:59 AM
I have a PS2 and it just best consol out there. DVD player, wide range of better games and a lot of them only on the PS2. Also a lot of the PS2 big game frachises or about to go online...

Final Fantasy
Grand Turismo
Ace Combat
Resident Evil
etc...

Only down side is that it's online hardware is sold sepretly...

Besides, only good verson of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is on the PS2. IT'S NOTHING THE THE PC VERSION. I got it for x-mas and it kick sbutt. To me, way more competitive than GT3 (which I also have), smart AI and great grahpics. No simulator though, thats for sure. It's basicly NFS 3:HS updated and improved upon amazingly!!! Been rated from 8 to 9 out 10 by IGN, Gamespot, and PSM.

But whatever you do, DON'T GET A GAME CUBE! Been many rumors that Nintendo is slowly heading towards kicking the bucket just like how SEGA did...

LambosportFordmuscle
01-04-2003, 01:09 AM
About Phillips created the CD...

@ PortuguesePilot: I think it was a joint venture with Sony and Phillips creating the CD... I remember hearing that like on "Modern Marvels: Boys Toys" on the Discovery Channel or something... Hmmm.

Hunter
01-04-2003, 01:21 AM
What kind of games do you like? If you like games with choppy graphics then go and buy a GayStation 2. And if you like games with Pixel shaders and such, then go for the XBOX, theres no greater power then X. And the XBOX dvd rom is faster than the one of the Gaystation 2! Oh and please look at the hardware and software! XBOX is like three Gaystations, 3 gaystations=XBOX.
Are you planing on spending more than $60 for parts for your gaystation 2? On the XBOX all you need is to buy the D@MN controller for the dvd rom, the XBOX right now comes with 2 free games and the s controller, what more do you want? Kisses?

NFSGamerUSA
01-04-2003, 07:41 AM
What kind of games do you like? If you like games with choppy graphics then go and buy a GayStation 2. And if you like games with Pixel shaders and such, then go for the XBOX, theres no greater power then X. And the XBOX dvd rom is faster than the one of the Gaystation 2! Oh and please look at the hardware and software! XBOX is like three Gaystations, 3 gaystations=XBOX.
Are you planing on spending more than $60 for parts for your gaystation 2? On the XBOX all you need is to buy the D@MN controller for the dvd rom, the XBOX right now comes with 2 free games and the s controller, what more do you want? Kisses?

The PlayStation 2 doesn't have choppy graphics. One PlayStation 2=one Xbox. And, the only reason Microsoft is giving away free games is because they want people to buy more Xboxes, the only reason the want more people to buy more Xboxes is because the aren't getting enough sales, so I definately wouldn't be bragging about that. :lol:

aftermarket
01-04-2003, 07:45 AM
The way i see it you should just buy a really good computer.. almost all the games for both xbox and ps2 are available (for free if you get them illegally) for a pc.. but between ps2 and xbox... i say xbox

Hunter
01-04-2003, 04:11 PM
NFSGamerUSA:
Are you a Gaystation 2 LOVER? :roll: Have you even play the best games of the Gaystation 2? They look choppy with not enough polygons! Have you seen the commercial where a boy is riding on a sofa in a desert? The ATV game commercial later after that it says,"it looks so real", then it shows the crappy graphics of it! :lol: Thats the best? :lol: And I don't even want to talk about the GTA series, its just plain gay and weird :roll: :lol:

Drift Freak
01-04-2003, 04:17 PM
NFSGamerUSA:
Are you a Gaystation 2 LOVER? :roll: Have you even play the best games of the Gaystation 2? They look choppy with not enough polygons! Have you seen the commercial where a boy is riding on a sofa in a desert? The ATV game commercial later after that it says,"it looks so real", then it shows the crappy graphics of it! :lol: Thats the best? :lol: And I don't even want to talk about the GTA series, its just plain *** and weird :roll: :lol:
the gfx are fine on ps2..
and....u say some of the best games for ps2 like GT3 and FFX hv not enough polygons!?!?
get some :censored: glasses
jeeez..

Hunter
01-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Drift Freak:
Are you a Gaystation 2 lover too? :roll:
BTW you are the one that needs glasses! In case you haven't notice the graphics of the Gaystation 2 are outdated, they are OLD! In the other hand the XBOX has a much newer graphics card that can handle plenty of polygons unlike the Gaystation 2 graphics card! :mrgreen:

OZ
01-04-2003, 04:38 PM
@ Hunter: Do you have something against homosexuals? what's your problem??? if you don't like the PLAYSTATION it's your problem, but calling it GAYSTATION is pretty offensive and racist to the homosexual people... Let's keep this topic clean. If you have a problem with that go home and rethink you life!

aftermarket
01-04-2003, 04:40 PM
lol organic you called it racist.. its sextist

OZ
01-04-2003, 04:43 PM
lol organic you called it racist.. its sextist

lol... sorry.... my bad... now we go SEXTIST :oops: :lol:

Hunter
01-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Organic Zero:
Hey I'm sorry I didn't meant to hurt your feelings. Is just that I didn't knew you were a homosexual. Hey its o.k if you like guys, but please don't said it when I'm around here, it makes me sick :roll: :wink:

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Organic Zero:
Hey I'm sorry I didn't meant to hurt your feelings. Is just that I didn't knew you were a homosexual. Hey its o.k if you like guys, but please don't said it when I'm around here, it makes me sick :roll: :wink:
Pfft. How Pathetic. :lol:

PortuguesePilot
01-04-2003, 06:37 PM
this topic is straying away too much from it's initial objective. Hunter is too agressive in his posts and he has done quite a few comments that deserved a warning. more of this type of things comming from him should result in a ban.

as for the topic, i haven't decided yet if i shall buy a PS2 or not. my guess is that the X-Box is out of question (unless it starts to have really good games and support in the meanwhile).

OZ
01-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Organic Zero:

Sorry budy, but you're wrong, I'm not :lol: , I'm heterosexual. But since i have homosexual friends and I love they as any friend I have, I respect their choice of living, which makes me fell sick seeing sextist people badmouthing they. I cant fell the prejudice the suffer from been different but I know it's hard thing. I'm not here to tell you how to behave, I'm here asking you to respect, only this. If you don't like homosexuals, just don't say it, don't put words that offend they on the middle of the conversation. You will see that less people will get on your feet an more people will start to respect you :wave:

@Portuguese Pilot: Sorry if I moved the topic a bit of it...

aftermarket
01-04-2003, 06:41 PM
okay i say you guys are done talking about gays...

OZ
01-04-2003, 06:45 PM
To get ourselfs back on topic, could someone put the real specs of each system, I know it would help much since most of us know bugs of it, but it maybe answer questions for someone really interested of knowing it

Hunter
01-04-2003, 07:03 PM
this topic is straying away too much from it's initial objective. Hunter is too agressive in his posts and he has done quite a few comments that deserved a warning. more of this type of things comming from him should result in a ban.

as for the topic, i haven't decided yet if i shall buy a PS2 or not. my guess is that the X-Box is out of question (unless it starts to have really good games and support in the meanwhile).

Go and buy the D@MN PS2! I know you will regret it! Waste of money though. Its just that you are like a rock, you don't understand anything. I just wanted to tell you that the right choice would be XBOX, but it seems you like weird and homosexual video games, so go and buy your homostation... :lol:

Hunter
01-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Here are the specs:

Xbox:

CPU: 733 MHz Intel
Graphics Processor: 250 MHz, by Nvidia
Total Memory: 64 MB
Memory Bandwidth: 6.4 GB/sec
Polygon Performance: 150 M/sec
Storage Medium: 5x DVD, 8 GB hard disk, 8 MB memory card
Broadband Enabled Yes, built in
DVD Movie Playback Built in

vs Playstation2:

CPU: 300 MHz
Graphics Processor: 150 MHz Sony GS
Total Memory: 38 MB
Memory Bandwidth: 3.2 GB/sec
Polygon Performance: 66 M/sec
Storage Medium: 2x DVD, 8 MB memory card
Broadband Enabled: yes, but need to pay for the adapter

Which one is better? Gaystation 2? I don't think so :bigmouth:

PortuguesePilot
01-04-2003, 07:10 PM
how imature... *sigh* :roll:

you obviously didn't read my previous post in this thread. or maybe you're just unable to understand them?

"power is nothing without control" already said the famous advertisment. it really doesn't matter wich specs are greater, in the end, what makes or brakes a console is the quality of it's games.

as proof of that, i remember the time when my puny Commodore Amiga 500, with a slow Motorola 68000 @ 7MHz, built-in soundboard and a basic 16-bit graphic card severly kicked the butt of an Intel 80386 @ 60MHz with a Soud Blaster Pro and a Cyrrus SVGA graphic carsd in graphics, sound and gameplay quality.

OZ
01-04-2003, 07:12 PM
with that attitude it won't last much here.... it's a shame :|

Hunter
01-04-2003, 07:13 PM

:lol:

Drift Freak
01-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Here are the specs:

Xbox:

vs Playstation2:

specs isn't everything..
u still hv to include the games in the competition..

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 07:14 PM

:lol:
PortuguesePilot Is Right U Know. :roll:

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Here are the specs:

Xbox:

vs Playstation2:

Hmmmmm........I wonder How Long It Took 4 U 2 Make PS2 Look Bad :? :lol: :lol: j/k j/k :lol:

kz26
01-04-2003, 07:32 PM
heck so many people say the Xbox is better... yet the PS2 beat it by a 79:20 ratio in a vote!! Yup - all my friends go for the PS2... AND I do think the graphix are great, and guess what?! PS2 has set some records... :dopey:

Drift Freak
01-04-2003, 07:34 PM
heck so many people say the Xbox is better... yet the PS2 beat it by a 79:20 ratio in a vote!! Yup - all my friends go for the PS2... AND I do think the graphix are great, and guess what?! PS2 has set some records... :dopey:
also
the ps2 controller aren't as bulky...and it has more buttons :tongue:

Hunter
01-04-2003, 07:44 PM

You think the graphics are great but they are not, they are outdated! Go and play an XBOX game in your local K-mart! You all said PS2 is the best and all that $hit, but its not true. The reason PS2 seems better is because there are like 20 commercials of it running every hour, so that makes it famous and get good games with great ideas but ugly mutha ****en graphics. In the end the XBOX will win this war. The PS2 has won the battle but not the war...

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 07:47 PM
well, u cant really comparre the two systems. u see, ps2 is the second in the series, while xbox is the first. so if u want me to compare ill be comparing the psx and xbox.

but, just to say....

WOWOWOW, u have to buy a frikin kit, who gives a crap, the dvd kit for xbox is only 20 bucks, who cares about 20 bucks!!!! now, on the other hand, ps2, u have to buy a memory card, which takes up frickin 30-40 bucks outta yer wallet!!!!!!!! and, at the same time, is only 8mb, 8MB!!!! wtf is that,xbox has 8 GB, 8 GB!!!!!!!!!! enough? didnt think so..... also , xbox has better sound, graphics, ect. now, on to a troubling issue, the games. WOW, ps2 has been out for a long time, and xbox for only a while, so that doesnt matter, cuz im sure that ps2's games sucked like crap when it first came out, so dont HATE! enough? haha, didnt think so.... and another thing, xbox comes standard with 4 outlets, and ps2, only 2. now wtf is 2!!!!!!! honestly. even frikin n64 had 4, holy crap, can sony get ANY lamer? yes, they can. by making the 4-controller thingy cost like 50 bucks!!!! wow! so lets tally up, xbox with dvd, 4 cont, lots and lots and lots of memory, and perfect graphics costs 220 bucks, while ps2 with dvd, 4 cont, only 8 crappy MB of memory, and good graphics, costs 280 bucks.......now i ask u, which is a better buy, huh? were not judging games here people, we are judging the console. if it were games, ps2 would win, but it aint, and xbox hasnt been out long enough to compare yet, AND it still wins, so HA............

edit:

and it looks like i forgot the broadband too, looks like thats another 40 bucks for ps2. so what do you think 320, or 220?????????

edit2

ok, so xbox cant run on any tv, and thatll set u back 40 bucks...so y not tally up again.......320 or 260??????????

Drift Freak
01-04-2003, 07:51 PM
cuz im sure that ps2's games sucked like crap when it first came out, so dont HATE!
actually...
in japan..
GT3 came out at the same time as the PS2....
so..i don't think the first ps2 games sux like crap

PortuguesePilot
Here are the specs:

Xbox:

vs Playstation2:

let me guess: you own a X-Box, right? (or if you don't, your best pal does. or your uncle, or anyone you love)
it's easy to spot that due to your fundamentalist (almost extremist) attitude.
also, you lied. the X-Box doesn't have a built-in DVD-reader. i know it's there, but it's disabled. you need to buy (AND PAY FOR IT) the remote control in order to view DVD movies on your X-Box (and it costs 21.99€ [wich is rougly the same amount of dollars] here in Portugal). on the other hand, the PS2 allows you to view the DVD movies "right out of the box", without the need of adding any other (expensive) hardware.

also, the PS2 has the ability to connect to any kind of digital TV or Monitor, where the X-Box only allows you to connect to an analog TV. to link it to a digital output device, you need to buy a VGA-Box adapter that costs almost 40€ (more or less 40$).

also, as some poeple has already stated, the controllers, steereingwheels, etc.. avaliable for the PS2 are much more ergonomical and pleasent than those "big blokes of plastic things" that equip the X-Box.

in terms of games, the PS2 has got a huge advantage (in the present moment, at least). the compatibility with the previous PSX is also in it's favour. the best games are all avaliable for the PS2 with only a few exceptions (Project Gotham, SEGA GT2002, Halo, Splinter Cell, etc...)
most of the best games of the PS2 are exclusive (all the immensly great Polyphony Digital games [GT3, etc..] and a few others).

never-the-less, the X-Box isn't a useless machine. it has the advantage of being "too close to the PC techonolgy". it will be easy to add a keyboard and a mouse to it. it is also much easier to convert PC games to the X-Box than it is to the PS2 due to hardware issues. although most programmers are very used to the PS2 hardware, they're even more used to the X-Box hardware because of it's proximity with the mighty PC, and this can be a huge advantage of the X-Box for the near-future.

so, i think that it's a little too early to judge wisely wich console will win the "war". the PS2 had a great timming and took over the market, but the X-Box specs might change the tide here, if they have the games to back them up. but, the PS2 enjoys a great popularity and the X-Box has to fight the antagonist feeling that most people have towards Microsoft and it's ultra-rich owner: Bill Gates.

Hunter
Mario Sx:
Now thats what I'm talking about! :D

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Mario Sx:
Now thats what I'm talking about! :D

haha, thanks man

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 07:57 PM
8) Wow PortuguesePilot. U Write Alot. :D

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 08:01 PM
alright, obviously, we cant make this right, so i gotta then make up a chart

gameplay /10
sound /10
dvd /5
broadband /5
any tv /10
controller /5
cost /5
memory /10
4 controllers /10
games /40

before I begin, any changes in the chart?

ps, dont start this by yerself, im doing it, cuz i dont pick favorites, even with all the crap i said, id still buy a ps2.........so tell me, any changes in the chart?

PortuguesePilot
01-04-2003, 08:01 PM
@ $ Tha Playa $
yes, i know... i just have a lot to say. the worst part of writing so much is that people often don't feel like reading. it's a pitty that, because if they read my comments they won't make some unneeded comments like i've seen...

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 08:03 PM
maybe i should change games to 30, cuz then itll add up to 100, you know, what u think?

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 08:09 PM
@ $ Tha Playa $
yes, i know... i just have a lot to say. the worst part of writing so much is that people often don't feel like reading. it's a pitty that, because if they read my comments they won't make some unneeded comments like i've seen...
I Read Your Posts. Most Of Them. Some Of Them I Dont Cuz I Dont Know 4got Wat The Subject Is & That I Completly Dont Understand Wat Your Talkin About Cuz Of That. Your Posts Are Always Right. :wink:

Twin_Turbo511
01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
also
the ps2 controller aren't as bulky...and it has more buttons :tongue:

They sell the XBOX now with the Controller S arond here, I heard they did away with the "Duke" controller (the big one). More buttons...wow..

Anyways, I have recently bought a XBOX. I think its great. I mean, graphics are great, sound, everything. Maybe the gaming selection isn't as big as PS2, but since XBOX is new, I would expect it. Right now, PS2 is trying to do a lot of things that XBOX has already done. The online gaming for example. Up to 60 players? The day I bought it I wasn't even planning on buying it. The truth is, I walked in the store that day (EB World or whatever) and told the guy I wanted a PS2. I picked out all the games and everything. Then when I was up at the register. Everyone there told me "Are you ready to waste $200 bucks on something your going to return in a few days?". I was thinking that there is no way in hell this guy is going to get me to buy a XBOX. The thing didn't allow me to kill people and rob cars and didn't have one of the...wait... THE BEST racing game. So I told him, "yea, I'm ready to buy it." Then I got the facts. The guy told me the differences. 4 players, no multitap needed. XBOX Live. More memory, better graphics card, and that most games on PS2 were getting made for the XBOX. But it still din't make a difference, I didn't hear anything about a GTA: Vice City being made for it, so I was sticking with the PS2. The guy told me the facts (and Gamecube wasn't even in the question) so I just said, hell, I'll return it if I don't like it. I got the XBOX with the controller S, dvd chip, Xbox live, and 3 extra controllers (I got the Japanese controller BTW). I took it home..all my friends weren't excited (they all had XBOX's too, one of them has a PS2 and another got his stolen). We played Halo, Moto GP, Max Payne, Sega GT 2002, you name it. I was fine with the X, but I still wanted a PS2. But I realized I would only be playing GT3, Mafia and Vice City the whole time. I loved Splinter Cell, and all those other games. My friend let me borrow his PS2 (pal aint he?). I played both systems til 3 that night. I needed a memory card for the PS2, multitap for more players, and I needed to spend more money to play dvd's. I liked both but I only liked the PS2 for Tokyo Xtreme Racer and the other games. That was only like 5 games. But I liked mostly every other game for the XB. I kept the XBOX and found myself looking for more games the next day. (I have Mafia for XBOX reserved... :mrgreen:)

See, I really love both systems but I guess it all depends on what you like. I reccomend the Xbox. It may have less games but its getting up there. I reccomend the Controller S package too. It comes with both Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 (FULL VERSIONS) on ONE disc. I can see how most people voted for PS2 because we are all car people and GT3 is the best game..period. But I still like the XBOX. Go ahead and curse me out. They are both great. But I guess it depends on what games you want to play. I'm planning on buying a PS2 soon.. But I am sticking with the XB for a while. I hope thats not as confusing as it sounded for me, And since you might be getting a PS2 I won't waste anymore time.

DSM Racing
01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
How about we vote which is better? Hunter stays or leaves. You seem to have an anger problem and a thing with gays. Anything you go about is either about porn or something being the other sex. Can't you call it a PLAYstation2 instead of a Homostation or GAYstation? Oh yes, stop calling people gay, maybe you're just gay? :lol: :finger:

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 08:16 PM
:lol: lol He Got U There Hunter. :lol:

Tom Call
01-04-2003, 08:17 PM
*coughBURNcough*

Hunter
01-04-2003, 08:21 PM
How about we vote which is better? Hunter stays or leaves. You seem to have an anger problem and a thing with gays. Anything you go about is either about porn or something being the other sex. Can't you call it a PLAYstation2 instead of a Homostation or GAYstation? Oh yes, stop calling people ***, maybe you're just ***? :lol: :finger:

All I got to say to you is: :censored: you :finger: And i'm not GaY, mutha ****er!

DSM Racing
01-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Did you ever notice my name is green? I mean that must mean something right? I've had enough from you, you're a total jackass. We don't need you around in the community, especially if you're making it worse. I'll leave you with a warning. Don't push yourself though, you're the one that's kicking yourself off of here. :finger: :lol:

Jayboi
01-04-2003, 08:23 PM
All I got to say to you is: :censored: you :finger: And i'm not ***, mutha *****!
:lol: Is That All U Can Say? Nice "BURN" :lol:

Twin_Turbo511
01-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Did you ever notice my name is green? I mean that must mean something right? I've had enough from you, you're a total jackass. We don't need you around in the community, especially if you're making it worse. I'll leave you with a warning. Don't push yourself though, you're the one that's kicking yourself off of here. :finger: :lol:

:lol: You shut him up nasty! See how quick he got quiet? :tongue:

T O T A L S I L E N C E.... :beer:

DSM Racing
01-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Yeah, just doing my job. I mean he has no reason for going around calling people homosexuals and other things. Anyway, incase I didn't say, I voted for PS2 just because it has Gran Turismo 3. :beer:

Tom Call
01-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Good job, DSM, you make us proud.

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 08:35 PM
.........................PS2.....XBOX

...gameplay /10.....8..........8
.........sound /10.....7..........9
..............dvd /5.....4..........4
....broadband /5.....4..........5
.........any tv /10.....10........5
......controller /5.....5..........4
..............cost /5.....3..........5
......memory /10.....7..........10
4 controllers /10.....6..........10
........games /30.....25.........15

.............TOTAL:.....79.........75

wow, too bad, looks like the box lost, shame, i wanted it to win, but i love ps2, dont get me wrong... does the chart look good people?

Hunter
01-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Mario Sx:
That chart is all wrong! Redo it again when you own a XBOX!

DSM Racing: I think you are over using your power! :tongue:

DSM Racing
01-04-2003, 10:23 PM
I told you a lot of times to stop doing what you're doing. Kon also warned you. You just didn't learn did you? :roll:

Mario Sx
01-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Mario Sx:
That chart is all wrong! Redo it again when you own a XBOX!

then how would YOU do it?

Anonymous
01-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I just finished reading the whole thread :faint: and all i want to say is that i prefer the XBOX and that you can use them on HDTV. I have a HDTV here and the xbox comes with the adapter that you just plug into the telly and you can play it with radical results...

OZ
01-04-2003, 11:50 PM
Ok, hunter, you win, you are the p*** king! happy now? Should be. But let me tell you something.... You should be realy proud of yourself, you're the most hated menber of this forum and you're about to be banished. Probably you are the first one to be this year. I don't know your age, and I don't care about it either, but to me seems that you are the hell of imature, such a smart guy witha empty brain. Just remenbers me some menbers we have, the difference is they changed their mind, and realized what was wrong..

So tell me, how do you fell being hated? having noone taking your topics, threads or posts seriously? having everybody wnating you to leave and not coming back?

Man, I'm one of the community who wants to see you leaving. And I fell proud about it. You don't deserve a place among us because you can't respect us and you can't respect yourself.... you're just a n00b kid who still didn't find your place in our own life.... grow maturity in our brain and we'll respect you. Until then, farewell

DJC
01-05-2003, 09:06 AM
I cleaned out this topic too.

Keep on the dang TOPIC, and im warning u all, if someone starts a flame, LEAAVE IT, dont reply to it, u only make it worse. Im aiming this t all of u, but specifically at $ The Playa $. u take things too far.

Sorry to do this in the topic, but it had to be done [/i]

kongking
01-05-2003, 09:44 AM
PS2 is far better than Xbox, the games are better and the controller is way more comfortable. Here (UK) PS2 sold many times more units than Xbox in the run up to christmas despite a price drop in the Xbox to ??160 with 2 games, while the PS2 was sold for ??170 with no games. Trust me and buy a PS2, it is far better, i think the poll speaks for itself.

What i think of PS2 - :D
What i think of Xbox - :butthead:
________
ANAL ORAL (http://www.****tube.com/categories/93/oral/videos/1)

PortuguesePilot
01-05-2003, 09:06 PM
although i know that the "thinking ahead" philosophy isn't the ideal one in terms of gamimg, the X-Box might have an advantage there. since it's basically "a PC in a box", it will be very easy to emulate it's hardware and to port it to an emulator. the PS2 is much more distinct and thus, will be harder to emulate. but, as i said, "thinking ahead" is not a good philosophy in terms of gaming.

Hunter
01-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Ok, hunter, you win, you are the p*** king! happy now? Should be. But let me tell you something.... You should be realy proud of yourself, you're the most hated menber of this forum and you're about to be banished. Probably you are the first one to be this year. I don't know your age, and I don't care about it either, but to me seems that you are the hell of imature, such a smart guy witha empty brain. Just remenbers me some menbers we have, the difference is they changed their mind, and realized what was wrong..

So tell me, how do you fell being hated? having noone taking your topics, threads or posts seriously? having everybody wnating you to leave and not coming back?

Man, I'm one of the community who wants to see you leaving. And I fell proud about it. You don't deserve a place among us because you can't respect us and you can't respect yourself.... you're just a n00b kid who still didn't find your place in our own life.... grow maturity in our brain and we'll respect you. Until then, farewell

You hurt my feelings :( :tongue:

Tom Call
01-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Don't get me wrong on this, but I like PS2 better because...well...Xbox was made by Microsoft, and I don't think I can trust Microsoft anymore.

Jayboi
01-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Don't get me wrong on this, but I like PS2 better because...well...Xbox was made by Microsoft, and I don't think I can trust Microsoft anymore.
For Me. Its That I Dont wanna Help Bill Gates Get Anymore Money. & I think PS2 Is Better.

Takumi[InitialD]
01-06-2003, 12:43 AM
oh come on the answer is simple i have 3 letters...

P S 2

xbox sucks just like microsoft itself :butthead:
and i rkn xbox will go down in a couple years or itll be lucky to last until next year, ps2 has dominated the console market, game developers have a better reputation making games for the ps2, altho u do have to get a memory card for ps2, but i like it that way it's how a console gaming system should be, all plugins and stuff, xbox is HD and built in components might aswell just get a computer with a dvd drive stuck on it and a 64mb vid card there's ur xbox. How stupid lol
PS2 is definately my choice it's how a gaming console should be, not to mention it's not running on win2k kernel and gt3 is on it too lol :lol: :lol:

S13DRIFTSPEC
01-06-2003, 10:38 AM
I have a PS2 and got GT3 the game is awesome I'm going too get a steering wheel for it soon... I love my PS2. Oh my friend has Gamecube and I hate it. The graphics look bad and Xbox is alright but it doesn't have GTA vice city or the Final Fantasy Series and plus being an initial D fan isn't the game coming to PS2?

01-06-2003, 11:29 AM
its not just about high polygon count is it? the community on here seems obsessed with poly count. PS2 is at the lowest end of it's class of console, ie. next time a new console comes out, PS2 is gonna be out dated.

I played with a PS2 for ages, until, last week, i got my X Box. It is, quite simply, unrivalled. It looks so much nicer than PS2. it's something you can't appreciate until you spend a day on each.

The best racing games are on PS2? hehe. good one! Sega GT 2002 is, surprisingly, an amazing game. BUY IT, just for the sake of racing a sweet caterham 7. It looks a bit better than GT3, and the game setup is much the same.

Project Gotham and Ralli-Sport Challenge are beauties, and Colin McRae 3 looks better on X Box than it does on PS2. NO REALLY. It does. So yeah, you have to buy things on the side if you want optical surround sound and DVD playback, but the X Box is a cheaper console to start with.

Speaking of extra bits. I got the advanced SCART and plugged it into my Creative Digital Surround. Holy mother of chr*st! it sounds almost as sweet as the Matrix DVD.

Now we get on to Halo. It is stunning. Not jut the gameplay, the cool story, the interface, the sound, the music, the amazing models, but the textures. Look at the grass textures!

Splinter Cell anybody? Yes it's like metal Gear Solid. I am a HUGE Metal Gear fan, but Splinter Cell is better. Better interactivity, and the most worryingly realistic world lighting i'e ever seen in a game. the shadows are superb. And it has a realistic, decent story line!

I was umm-ing and aah-ing for ages over which concole to buy, but then I found out Colin McRae 3 was out on X box too, so my decision was made.

People winge about the contollers? Well, you can get a smaller, PS2 shape/size contoller so quit wingeing!

People winge about the size of the console. why? you're not gonna be carrying it around in your back pocket anyway.

People seem afraid to vote for X Box until they've tried it. Sony has long been reliable for it's console quality so why risk jumping to Microsoft? Why? 'cause it's better! Sony does dominate the market, but Sony consoles have been out about six times the length of microsoft ones, so it's not surprising.

X Box is sweet, IN MY OPINION. :mrgreen:

PS2 = 8/10
X Box = 9/10
Game Cube = 4/10

Tritoch
01-06-2003, 06:47 PM
I guess it all about personal opinion. Console wars only ensure that no matter what you buy, it will be a waste of money at some point in its life. There will always be a "next best thing" coming along.

Though personally I still say The xbox I had sucked rotten eggs. While PGR was an amazingly rendered game, it was only great so long as the friggin box didn't freeze up, which i understand is common enough of a problem, but not something that occurs in sequential serial numbers. Which further leads me to believe that M$ has a hodge-podge of parts on the counter and has a funnel like assembly line. And to whomever said they hooked up their box to a HDTV- Goodluck (your TV may need it), M$ themselves don't even recommend that. And one other thing, even if you can, the xbox only produces a set number of pixels. No attachment can either increase or decrease that number, so hdtv is useless for an analog setup (do some research you aren't really getting High Definition, its just stretching the pixels to cover the screen).

Anyway, Portuguese Pilot; :D Goodluck in your decision, I know you will make the best one for you. (buy both and end the debate, either way you can't go wrong :P ).

Hunter
01-06-2003, 06:55 PM
No, no,no. The Xbox doesn't sucks. And if you think it sucks its because you have only a PS2 and are use to the crappy graphics. The XBOX just came out a year ago, how many great games are there for it? Not enough, but how do you think the games of 2005 will look like in the XBOX? No doubt that they'l be great games that will slap silly the GTA series, which makes the PS2 so famous. Hear this, PS2 is going down, hell yeah!

Drift Freak
01-06-2003, 06:58 PM
No, no,no. The Xbox doesn't sucks. And if you think it sucks its because you have only a PS2 and are use to the crappy graphics. The XBOX just came out a year ago, how many great games are there for it? Not enough, but how do you think the games of 2005 will look like in the XBOX? No doubt that they'l be great games that will slap silly the GTA series, which makes the PS2 so famous. Hear this, PS2 is going down, hell yeah!
first...u think PS2 sux because u hv a Xbox..
and second..
i don't think ur pc can render gfx better than a PS2..so i wouldn't really call it crappy gfx

in 2005..i think most (if not all) of the games will be online games on the XBOX.. :tongue:

Tritoch
01-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Hunter show me the proof...........Serious, realistic, undeniable proof. Show me a Microsoft memo where it states they DIDN'T make a sham out of some old computer parts. Even you must admit the parts to an xbox are ancient as far as computing technology. I stated I OWNED a box, and it did s u-u c k. While PS2 maybe getting long in the tooth, Sony is in the business of entertainment. M$ is in the business for big business. Again- shut up or show me the proof. Consider this your only warning from me.

Venom
01-06-2003, 07:07 PM
I have played Xbox befor and the difference between it's graphics and the PS2's graphics isn't enough to make me want to buy one. I actually would rather have a Game cube than a Xbox since I already have a PS2. I know lots of people that have Xboxes and they don't think it is all that cool. Also the Xbox takes up alot more space than the PS2. I may buy a Xbox, but only if more games I like come out for it.

OZ
01-06-2003, 07:11 PM
and remenber, 2005 is the year sony is planning to release the PS3 (provisory name). The gamming industrie is working like the computer industrie, everyday you have somthing new coming up, even if the X-Box seems to have a better hardware, Sony, Nintendo and other electronic manufacturers are always thinking ahead! I said I prefer PS2 over X-Box because of it's reability on the market, and also, because it's advantages for me being a PSone owner, which made me not sell all of my older games...

For example... who here feeled a bit betrayed when nintendo annouced that the N64 was not going to be compatible with the Snes? The Dreamcast wasn't going to be compatible with the Saturn? Having know the possiblity of my PS2 games being compatible with the next console generation make me think better about it...