View Full Version : NFS: Carbon screenshots

WESTBLADE
06-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Don't know if it was already posted...
http://games.tiscali.cz/previews/nfscarbon/index.asp

After reading that article, i'm quite sad. It's going to be Underground 3 - drifting, ricing, etc. What a bad news...

Nelson340
06-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Well, at least we'll have 7 opponents again. :D

But hey, those are some interesting shots.

(PS: Anyone have a translation of that article?)

Rackharrow
06-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Ugh, having to race 7 other riced vehicles is going to be like watching noobs.... And already a screenshot of a riced Gallardo. Night time racing???? I hate EA.

Robbie Hanson
06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
WHY THE @&!*$ DID THEY DO THIS?!??!! Oh no....:goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

Anyway...
Cars in the pics :P

Dodge Challenger Concept
Ford Mustang(GT or Cobra, not sure)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
Porsche Carrera GT
Gallardo

NFS: MW, with rice :( EA, go....eh, I won't say it ;)

gunner12
06-18-2006, 10:20 AM
NOOOOOOO, When would EA stop butchering the great NFS series. NFS:Carbon looks like underground + Most Wanted with more cars and more crap.

Someone has to teach EA a lesson.

Arlind
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would really like that EA come out with a sort of Hot Pursuit 3. Most Wanted 2 style would be also OK but an Underground 3 Style it totally SUXXX.

Mr.Ramos
06-18-2006, 11:24 AM
I can see the demise of NFS happening. I say let's boycott NFS:Carbon. Who's with me?

Radu-Cristian
06-18-2006, 11:30 AM
let EA do what they like? :| no offence
if they want to put a s*it in game they will put'it...

Killua
06-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Who's with me?
I don't know what's "boycott".

Whatever, I'm with you.

Mr.Ramos
06-18-2006, 11:34 AM
^ I'm tired of all this bullshit EA has been giving us for the past 5 years and I've had enough of it.

GM Lover
06-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Pfffft. This sucks.

Cobra64
06-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't know what's "boycott".
Basically not buying something.

Killua
06-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Pfffft. This sucks.
Added to my signature.

Why we don't go with torches and burn Electronic Arts building?

Edit: Thanks Cobra.

Cobra64
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe because some of us want to stay out of jail.

GM Lover
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM

...or we could just kill everyone and make NFS like it should be. :)

Radu-Cristian
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Maybe because some of us want to stay out of jail.
or just wait and see..

Diablo
06-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Let me check my schedule...

FP
06-18-2006, 01:20 PM
I say we should boycott NFS and all get into Test Drive: Unlimited. At least there are exotics, nice (VERY NICE) scenery. Heck I bet they would even allow us to mod their game. Screw EA and their NFS series, Atari is doing a hell of a job now with Test Drive.

Dr.DooM
06-18-2006, 01:20 PM
ur many one noticed the return of westblade?? lol
and i will probably buy this, or prince of persia the two thrones hmmmm
POP

Cobra64
06-18-2006, 01:57 PM
So let's boycott Carbon and play Racer :D. or those of you who don't feel like playing Racer can continue to play older NFS games...

JesusRox777
06-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't care if it has 'rice' in it or whatever.
As a matter of fact, if rice is supposed to make a car uglier, then it's a matter of opinion, don'tcha think?

Porousbaab
06-18-2006, 02:11 PM
as long as u hv the option of not ricing yr car ingame to progress I wud play it.

PH34R
06-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Ugh, having to race 7 other riced vehicles is going to be like watching noobs.... And already a screenshot of a riced Gallardo. Night time racing???? I hate EA.

Also, those noobs will cause you to be temporarily blind, and you will crash into the wall 2 seconds into a race. Better get out those nightvision googles, sunglasses wont save your eyes;)

Murcielagos
06-18-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah, seems like Carbon is gona be MW2
then again, Ea is one of those money making companies, and they go for money before considering what die hard fans want (sad, but we here represent only a small part of the clients that Ea is looking for)

so what i suggest we do: get a teat of programmers together, we already have the modelers, and make our own NFS game:rolleyes5
or maybe not, maybe we could all just switch to Racer:D

SLP Firehawk
06-18-2006, 03:08 PM
ill buy it just to kick the shit out of a few riced evos in a challenger

Radu-Cristian
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
^ I'm tired of all this bullshit EA has been giving us for the past 5 years and I've had enough of it.

ok man.. go and play nfs2 if you dont like this new type of game;)
don't forget:Some people they change..

Cobra64
06-18-2006, 03:25 PM
so what i suggest we do: get a teat of programmers together, we already have the modelers, and make our own NFS game:rolleyes5
or maybe not, maybe we could all just switch to Racer:D
That's what I just said in another thread. Great minds think alike :D. We could try to get permission to use the Racer game engine to make a NFS game.

vyper676
06-18-2006, 04:06 PM
...-sighs-

well chaps, im off to play pgr2.

kurdo_kolene
06-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Good god what have they done to that gallardo on the screenshot!!!
Someone really deserves to be killed!!!
To make it worse , the physics will probably be even more arcade-like than in MW (the reason i never bought it)

Path_finder
06-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Looking great.
I will probably get it when it comes out.

NFS CHASER
06-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Guys just wait and see how its gonna turn out. Also stop hating the fact that EA has decided to put customization in their game, just because they do so doesnt mean rice will happen. Besides if some of the cars are riced/riceable deal with it. People its really not a big deal. Just because you can customize the lights or something doesnt mean you have moan the word Rice. need I say more?

funny guy
06-18-2006, 04:25 PM
To make it worse , the physics will probably be even more arcade-like than in MW (the reason i never bought it)

Acually, most of the cars don't look all that different than MW...

kurdo_kolene
06-18-2006, 04:33 PM
I meant the awfull body kit.

Path_finder
06-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Just dont use the body kit if you think it is ugly.
I keep most of my UG and MW cars looking stock, so I am not so worried.

kurdo_kolene
06-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Urgh^&%$%@#*@!!!!
You people just don't get it, do you?
My point is that they could have shown the gallardo without it and put it on a cheap FWD instead. I wouldn't have been so p****d of at them then.

Mr. Carrera
06-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt mind as much if it wasnt the tenth NFS!! something like that should be a little bit more like the older ones, i think. to make it worse, i hate the stupid night driving. it also looks like a small selection of cars too (look at the one pic with all the cars and theres three carrera GTs) grrrrr.....

NFS CHASER
06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Also for everyone losing it over the fact that you'll actually be able to customize your car read page 12 of the Official NFS Carbon thread. The posts on their really get my point across. When everyone grieves about ricers and yelling how horrible they look sometimes i think those cars look cool and everyone always says tuners and pretty much anything that can be visually changed is all show and no go, man your so wrong! I don't even need to explain that one. Some cars are all show and no go but some cars are good for both show and go. Heres a car that I think looks kinda cool http://www.nfs-planet.de/pic.php?images/nfsc/news/autotuningshow/0002.jpg
but a lot of you probably disagree. One more thing, I completely agree with Carcharadons post on the 12th page of the Official thread when it comes to the rice visual customization thing.

GM Lover
06-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Urgh^&%$%@#*@!!!!
You people just don't get it, do you?
My point is that they could have shown the gallardo without it and put it on a cheap FWD instead. I wouldn't have been so p****d of at them then.

+1

BTW: My Carlist so far:

Evo
Challenger
Mustang GT
WRX STI (see attachment)
Carrera GT
Gallardo

KnightRider
06-18-2006, 06:24 PM
leave it to EA to **** up this racing franchise again...just when you think they have cleaned up their act with most wanted,they go on with this atrocity,damn its fast and furious all over again...all noobs rush in lol :(

Mad Dog Turahk
06-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Guys just wait and see how its gonna turn out. Also stop hating the fact that EA has decided to put customization in their game, just because they do so doesnt mean rice will happen. Besides if some of the cars are riced/riceable deal with it. People its really not a big deal. Just because you can customize the lights or something doesnt mean you have moan the word Rice. need I say more?
I'm with you.

I don't mind the option to tune and customize cars. Hell, if someone gave me enough money to customize a car of my choice, I'd go for it. :P

Why was I on this site again? Oh yeah, to talk with kind people about NFS, not to read posts that bash tuning and everything that's connected to it. And as far as I know, that covers the majority of the site. It's disappointing.

And no, I'm not a tuner kid.

I just hope the AI and physics will be good.

Wolf04
06-18-2006, 06:54 PM
This is not about tuning...this is about the fact that EA puts in some messed up, ugly fantasy bodykits instead of putting in real ones...

Mad Dog Turahk
06-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I know.... I was talking about it in the sense of (almost) everyone's attitude against the tuning scene. I just thought that this was the perfect opportunity to post it. Not to mention that that attitude which I tried to describe is turning a lot of potential new members away from NFSCars.

And it's turning away older members as well, like me.

Mr.Ramos
06-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Well it seems that my boycott idea got more response than I first thought.

I say we should boycott NFS and all get into Test Drive: Unlimited. At least there are exotics, nice (VERY NICE) scenery. Heck I bet they would even allow us to mod their game. Screw EA and their NFS series, Atari is doing a hell of a job now with Test Drive.

Not everyone (like me) has and Xbox360 to play it on.

I'm with you.

I don't mind the option to tune and customize cars. Hell, if someone gave me enough money to customize a car of my choice, I'd go for it.

Why was I on this site again? Oh yeah, to talk with kind people about NFS, not to read posts that bash tuning and everything that's connected to it. And as far as I know, that covers the majority of the site. It's disappointing.

And no, I'm not a tuner kid.

I just hope the AI and physics will be good.

I don't mind tuning either, but we don't bash tuners that make their cars look good and run good but we bash the ricers (sorry if it offends you, it's the only sutiable word I can think of) because they make their cars look like absolute shit and leave everything performance oriented stock except for the signature fart-can exhaust.

I agree, it hurts my heart to see such a beautiful autmobile lookling terrible.

Sinister
06-18-2006, 07:52 PM
if carbon didnt have drifting, and didnt have rice.. the game would be good.
simple as that.

HSVrules
06-18-2006, 08:05 PM
It seems theres another appearance. The 2006 Subaru WRX STi has popped in this time in the middle of this pic. Look

http://games.tiscali.cz/previews/nfscarbon/pic2.jpg

And it's the EVO IX not Evo VIII thats in this time. Look at the grill, no middle peice.

http://games.tiscali.cz/previews/nfscarbon/pic5.jpg

LeGaLiZe
06-18-2006, 08:46 PM
i dunno if this has been posted yet, but here is the high quality teaser:

http://media.putfile.com/nfsc_teaser-1147264385

Sinister
06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
thats old news.

HSVrules
06-19-2006, 12:24 AM
i dunno if this has been posted yet, but here is the high quality teaser:

http://media.putfile.com/nfsc_teaser-1147264385 (http://media.putfile.com/nfsc_teaser-1147264385)

Thats the first thing we saw besides the pic of that teaser.

Dr.DooM
06-19-2006, 02:19 AM
hmmm i think i will be buying Prince of Persia then, lol id rather be slapping zombies with chains than looking at rice lol

MurcielagoR-GT
06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
The woman are getting worse, yuck lol. I don't think that EA will change their mind. Always rice.

MaXell Nitro
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
EA never listens! i'm sorry for them...we should organize an angry mob and make a riot in front of they'r central building! THIS IS INHUMAN!!! RICE???? AGAIN????? FOR HOW LONG??? i think NFS 15 is still gonna be f**ked up by rice!they realy screwed up the nfs series REALY BAD! damn!

Cobra64
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
This rice is good:
http://www.endtimesreport.com/pictures/bulk%20rice%20-%20beans.jpg
This rice is not:
http://www.ofb.net/~andrewc/serenepia/index.cgi/photos/vehicles/dragoncar.jpg
I agree with MDT, calling this rice is an insult to Asian cultures.

Max911
06-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Ehh... only thing that sucks in this game is the nightdriving. The ricing doesn't look too bad tho, but if there's going to be online play I'd hate to see those Carrera GT or Koenigseggs (or watever they're gonna put in the game) all riced out by ub3r1337 7un3rz....

NFS CHASER
06-19-2006, 10:12 AM
You people call that car ugly because its your opinion, its not a fact. I actually think that car kinda nicd looking with the dragon vinyl (dont like the roof that much IMO).

viktording
06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, atleast they have some nice, old muscles in there.

I HOPE that if the game has customization, it will not be NECESSARY to rice up or change the visual of the car(like UG2, yuck)

or/and

make the bodykits fit the car please. What have a rice bodykit have lost on a Lambo? Or FnF stripes on a challenger?
Why don't make these kits only for rice japanese cars (civic, supras etc...) or golfs and make eg some hotrod kits for the muscles or GTR kits for the lambo?

This would be nice(my opinion, and sorry, if someone loves *** cars, I don't), and doesnt ruin the look of the cars too much.

Anyway, my first wish is more important for me since I often like to keep the car stock(except some tribals or so...)

Some other wishes(dont know if I'd mentioned it before):
- realistic physics(like WR2)
- day AND night (day/night changes would be nice)
- real cops (yeah, MW had the greatest pursuits, but I want to have real cop cars, like Crown Victoria or Chevy Caprice/Impala)
- dash views
- addon-compatible (let's hope, dear NFScars friends...)

Dr.DooM
06-19-2006, 12:55 PM
lemme hear an amen!
too right vicktor

supra969
06-19-2006, 01:02 PM
http://games.tiscali.cz/previews/nfscarbon/pic2.jpg

if you relize that 2 of the cars are in stock so think about it.

Mr.Ramos
06-19-2006, 01:06 PM

I HOPE that if the game has customization, it will not be NECESSARY to rice up or change the visual of the car(like UG2, yuck)

or/and

make the bodykits fit the car please. What have a rice bodykit have lost on a Lambo? Or FnF stripes on a challenger?
Why don't make these kits only for rice japanese cars (civic, supras etc...) or golfs and make eg some hotrod kits for the muscles or GTR kits for the lambo?

This would be nice(my opinion, and sorry, if someone loves *** cars, I don't), and doesnt ruin the look of the cars too much.

Anyway, my first wish is more important for me since I often like to keep the car stock(except some tribals or so...)

- real cops (yeah, MW had the greatest pursuits, but I want to have real cop cars, like Crown Victoria or Chevy Caprice/Impala)
- dash views

Now that's what i'm talking about.

lemme hear an amen!
too right vicktor

amen :D

Mr.Ramos
06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Now I know I only hit the submit button once.

supra969
06-19-2006, 01:08 PM
sorry for the double post

funny guy
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
if carbon didnt have drifting, and didnt have rice.. the game would be good.
simple as that.

Where is everyone getting this drifting idea? Is it from the pic of the evo and challenger powersliding? It's called canyon racing.

Killua
06-19-2006, 04:16 PM

or/and

- dash views
Nice...

Offtopic:

BTW, you said "if someone loves *** cars"... what is "***"?

I want to know :P , sorry for question though.

funny guy
06-19-2006, 07:58 PM
^^^"rice" without the "e"?

monkey.wesley
06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
those screenshots sort of gave me the impression of an underground 3 instead of a mw2. drifting looks alot easier but if there's going to be cops in the races with 8 racers, it's going to be pretty ugly. in my opinion, just 4 racers was really good in mw and i would prefer if they kept it that way. the graphics don't look the best but i think they'll look better in future screens.

PH34R
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
We should add Viper SRT10 to official spotted list, i saw it in a NFS-Planet magazine scan. To the delight of many, it isnt riced just yet. Ill try to post a link if i can find one

Mr.Ramos
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
We should add Viper SRT10 to official spotted list, i saw it in a NFS-Planet magazine scan. To the delight of many, it isnt riced just yet. Ill try to post a link if i can find one

There stilll hope that NFS:C won't suck. :)

Sinister
06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Where is everyone getting this drifting idea? Is it from the pic of the evo and challenger powersliding? It's called canyon racing.
and so was the final DK race in FNF3.. it is still drifting.

Mr.Ramos
06-22-2006, 11:33 AM
and so was the final DK race in FNF3.. it is still drifting.

Drifting, Canyon Racing, it all involves powersliding and most of us don't like it.

GMN
06-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Why does every one hate the underground 1 and 2 styles?

GMN
06-22-2006, 03:16 PM
And what does "rice" mean?

Cobra64
06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
@G†MN™: I'll let the other members explaing that to you. First you must know not to double post (post two times in a row). Use the edit button in your post: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/images_nfscars/buttons/edit.gif

lambofreak100
06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
@ G†MN™: All right...

Rice- Any mods to a car that disgustifies, tortures, or makes a car look downright ugly, and for the fact that performance has not been increased.

Example: A car has a 3-ft fall spoiler, and the person claims it has 45794579524615761277457954756726145276176139255797 59485142761421641241676127657256712167721677512hp.

Why we hate Underground 1 or 2?

Duh, 89% of the people in the forums HATE drifting, let alone forcing to rice, and the UG series is full of them.

PH34R
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Drifting, Canyon Racing, it all involves powersliding and most of us don't like it.

I actually dont mind powersliding in a Carerra GT, just long as it isnt turned into drift, which is emphasized as a must-have thing, or a scoring method

subzero_sv
06-22-2006, 08:46 PM
EA can go **** itself, I can see the demise of NFS happening. I say let's boycott NFS:Carbon. Who's with me?

I'm with you...

Torrent must **** NFS Carbon...

Every NFS Titles before NFS Underground deserves to be bought...

NFS Underground Series sucks.

GMN
06-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I personnaly like U2, Drifting(i dont like)
I see what you mean, If carbon will be like that then EA is prety ****ed in the head...
It should be more like Most Wanted Edition.

GMN
06-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Well it seems that my boycott idea got more response than I first thought.

Not everyone (like me) has and Xbox360 to play it on.

I don't mind tuning either, but we don't bash tuners that make their cars look good and run good but we bash the ricers (sorry if it offends you, it's the only sutiable word I can think of) because they make their cars look like absolute shit and leave everything performance oriented stock except for the signature fart-can exhaust.

I agree, it hurts my heart to see such a beautiful autmobile lookling terrible.

Sorry man but Not everybody has enough money to spend on there engine, Making the car look good is like 2-3grand job Alone. I dont belive we all have that much money to spend, And some of use just like the look of the car rather then paformance wise, like getting pulled by the cops cause your car is to fast?

lambofreak100
06-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Dude, start learning not to double post.

I'm starting to enjoy a bit of Carbon, though it'd be cool, since it's in a mountain, to have tremors...

Silverado_Rival
06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
the word "rice is used in this topic i believe 30 times(not including qoutes). i absolutely hate the freaking rice word and i am NOT being sarcastic. who gives a god dam bout rice. its not like anyone has a gun to ur head forcing you to put bumper mods on ur car. i know that EA can make some ugly kits (i thought the Ford GT couldn't get uglier aka MW body kits for it). and i really do aggree with Mad Dog Turahk.....

know.... I was talking about it in the sense of (almost) everyone's attitude against the tuning scene. I just thought that this was the perfect opportunity to post it. Not to mention that that attitude which I tried to describe is turning a lot of potential new members away from NFSCars.

And it's turning away older members as well, like me.

the attitude is why i visit LESS OFTEN. o and btw....

to those of who want to kill EA, go ahead and ruin ur life, like there goin to litsen to YOU person. geez, i hope to GOD that u see the sarcasm...my god with the word "rice"

P.S to thread starter. NICE link!!! i can't wait to get the game. gonna get it for the 360 along with Test Drive Unlimited. :D

i just had to do this.....its a ****ing game, quit whining.

posted in...Forza Sucks (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17525) post #5....

This is ALSO JUST A GAME

racer14
06-22-2006, 10:59 PM
posted in...Forza Sucks (http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17525) post #5....

This is ALSO JUST A GAME
THANK YOU
all of you people who hate rice, why bother, as said, about 5% of people hate the idea of nfsu2/1. does ea care?NO!!!, look at it this way, if you were a big company, would you focus spending all your time and money only giving to the 5% hence, maybe going bankrupt, or would you rather make the other 95%? (hint hint,95% is allmost 2000% more profit, i think) hello, ea cares about money, those cheap bastrds, not the people.
I agree with MDT, people who refer to tuning as rice, its an opinion, and a popularity contest hence a quote from a noob "oh my the people at nfscars hate rice, so im going to blend in by saying a hate rice...whatever that is.....mmmm rice....."
no no no, everyone has their own opinion, only real n00bs mask their opinions and rep.
go ahead speak out, i liked that honda, i liked the color and the body kit, not the dragon but hey, everyone has their likings, not like stupid mindless robots
:rolleyes5
WHO CARES IF YOU LIKE TUNING! if you like it go for it, if you dont, stop bieng a dick about it

HSVrules
06-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Although i agree this game looks like it will have alot of n00b ricer attention, i'm still gunna buy it since it's interesting, it's new, and it's fun, i don't care much what i'm driving or how i'm driving, aslong as im havin fun.

But yes like some of us have been saying, it IS just a game and if u dont like it, dont buy it. Just go play Midnight Club 3 or somethin.

JCHP
06-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Well, this is interesting (to me atleast)
Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt™ technology.

E: I don't like this though:

"We pride ourselves on our ability to reinvent the franchise and continually uncover new and exciting trends in car culture. Canyon Racing is a real test of a driver's skill and we think it provides a fantastic game play opportunity to lean into," said Larry LaPierre, the game's executive producer.

no no, you didn't uncover anything. You just made a mind numbing game.

Anathema
06-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Hey, just a thought I had, y'all.

I know a lot of ppl have been complaining about the "FnF stripes" on that Challenger...

If you're one of them, check out the Cuda AAR... looks like a familiar paintjob... then if you know your history as per Cuda's and Challengers... *ding*

http://www.challengertaregistry.com/photos/carlisle_2005/white_aar.jpg
http://www.chevconnection.com/images/70cudaaar1.gif
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/aarcuda/images/car1l.jpg

*EDIT*

Woah we bagged an Aston! I'm a a little happier now...
http://images.ea.com/games/nfs/carbon/_img/screenshots/master_000015.jpg

HSVrules
06-23-2006, 02:08 AM
More screens and a TRAILER!

The new NFS game is now official, NFS; carbon has been officially announced with new pictures and a new trailer. The new NFS has a list of good cars. They even have an official site for NFS Carbon now right here (http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/home.jsp) .
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/Master_000024r.jpg

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/Master_000013.jpg

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/Master_000009.jpg
Now for your seeing, heres the First Proper Trailer for NFS: Carbon
http://www.gameinformer.com/Images/downloads/movies/2006/nfscarbon/carbon.wmv (http://www.gameinformer.com/Images/downloads/movies/2006/nfscarbon/carbon.wmv)

SLZ Roadstar
06-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Preety Cool. I like it. Seems life like(as if original). 7 opponents, broken road barriers,original lifelike roads thats what I wanted. Keep up the good work EA.:thumbsup:

Ricochet
06-23-2006, 02:46 AM
The backdrops:
Night-time racing
Ricing
Drifting

The Good things:
Exotics

Thats 3-1. EA's not thinking anymore. Look at tha poor Gallardo, Carerra and Aston :( . I feel sorry for them. Time to turn to PGR, TDU and NFS 4-6 (although I am playing them).

MDH
06-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Those have got to be the shittiest, muggiest looking textures I have seen for a while.

My texture mod for NFS6 easily beats those. And those are for a 2002 Game that apparently runs on GeForce 2 cards (Whilst MW struggles at minimum settings with a GeForce 4... And also has 64X64 road textures on low-res mode).

I'd at least think they'd try to convey something of importance in their trailer, though. Honestly... It's just the same thing over again.

Underground one? Fine. Underground two? If you didn't buy the first. Most Wanted? It was fun, if not complete... But this is just all the same concepts over again. They're seemingly doing what most developers are, and forgetting about gameplay, gameplay mechanics and general psychology of games to add a slew of pointless features.

Bye, NFS.

-MDH

Ricochet
06-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Well I'll still buy it as long as it has exotics, but I won't do any ricing to my babies. BTWs, where's are the NFS Legends: Murcielago, CLK-GTR, McLaren, 911 Turbo, Viper (any), and Corvette?

Dr.DooM
06-23-2006, 04:51 AM
WTF do EA mean by Auto Sculpt????????
does it mean we can change what bodykits look like with some sort of inbuilt mesh editor??
EDIT
This map looks absolutely massive!!
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8865/map9js.png

kurdo_kolene
06-23-2006, 05:13 AM
does it mean we can change what bodykits look like with some sort of inbuilt mesh editor??
I think that meant a random customization(ricing) tool like in Juiced(yuk-horrible phisics but some cars are nice).

Nelson340
06-23-2006, 07:22 AM
I think that meant a random customization(ricing) tool like in Juiced(yuk-horrible phisics but some cars are nice).

Hopefully it's not like LA Rush where you go to West Coast Customs, your car rolls in, and comes out in a varying level of good and bad, then you're forced to keep it that way, and it's the same for every save.

(PS: @MDH: Well, IMO that's just a beta version. Just check out MW. The road is low-res, while most of the environment's high-res.)

Griuk_negyvas
06-23-2006, 10:44 AM
why do cars have same bodykits as in NFSMW?

Mr. Sting Ray
06-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Think of it this way fellas. A tastefully modified and ramped up car, against 7 other shitbox riceburners,
just more than makes up for the rice and crap. I just want EA to leave in the police. I could care less about opponents having rice.
As long as the car I drive is "NOT" rice, then I'm good.

codespyder
06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I like how, in the trailer, the bombed-out Lancer seems to careen off the road and presumably sends the driver to his deserving death.

It makes me happy.

Anathema
06-23-2006, 10:27 PM

Better yet, look at that huge straight right in the center... looks like a good drag spot/top speed testing area!

trans6666
06-24-2006, 06:40 AM
oh....the map..........
I think I'll lose the way in the game....
but looks like there are many hairpin turns, I can play my favorite drift!!!!

Dr.DooM
06-24-2006, 08:10 AM
lol i realise that perhaps a an inbuilt mesh editor is not very realistic before any one has a go at me but the idea is there

viktording
06-24-2006, 12:45 PM
oh, nooooooooooooooooooooo

They riced up the poor gallardo....

Shame you, EA!

And the road textures look even worse.
Man, this looks just a bit better than NFS5 textures. Only a little bit....

Mr.Ramos
06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
oh, nooooooooooooooooooooo

They riced up the poor gallardo....

Shame you, EA!

And the road textures look even worse.
Man, this looks just a bit better than NFS5 textures. Only a little bit....

It could be because the game isn't too far in development, or it's because they want the game to run better on the PC.

PH34R
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
EDIT
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8865/map9js.png

The map is ok so far, but my question is what do those stars taht appear really mean. My guess is that its probably the location of your crew's rivals and such.

edlemur
06-24-2006, 01:37 PM
ever heard of a legend genius

they mark canyon tracks

PH34R
06-24-2006, 01:39 PM
oops. Didnt notice that. Thought that was part of the map

Ricochet
06-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Anyways I hope the control will not be 'overturniful', like in MW, you accelerate with a little left turn and the car spins around 5 times :rolleyes5

alex13
06-26-2006, 05:18 AM
EA fuc**d up carbon... i think we should ask bin laden to make EA his next target... I aint buying carbon!!!!!! il download it or just copy it from someone... not spending money on EA 5h1t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@:@:@:@

NFS CHASER
06-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Dude, cool off a little. If you don't like it don't buy it. And I think your being a bit too terristic.

supra969
06-26-2006, 07:25 AM
EA fuc**d up carbon... i think we should ask bin laden to make EA his next target... I aint buying carbon!!!!!! il download it or just copy it from someone... not spending money on EA 5h1t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@:@:@:@
im on it
and i coulld get carbon for 75cents fake copy

Prodigital
06-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I hope EA puts some older exotics in there too. NFSU had RX7 & 240Z, NFS3 had Countach (an 80's car), let's hope they do that again here.
(please god, Lamborghini Cala, I'll cry out of happiness if they do!)

MurcielagoR-GT
06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
The screenshots are ok, but I hope they don't make the game so massive, which my comp might be capable of:\

PH34R
06-26-2006, 09:53 AM

You do realise the site prohibits the talk of warez, right? If you dont like it, dont get it, and just shut up, no one cares.

Killua
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
NFS3 had Countach (an 80's car), let's hope they do that again here.
(please god, Lamborghini Cala, I'll cry out of happiness if they do!)
Oh man, totally agree. These Lamborghinis are beautiful.

Rackharrow
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
No, no Cala. No Countach, Miura either, nor the Diablo or the. It's too late to save the Murc and the Gallardo, but I couldn't stand it if I saw a Visual mod on the Countach.

Sinister
06-26-2006, 10:07 PM
for you noobs that think that warez is different than purchasing the game.. you're completely wrong.. yeah you may have downloaded the game, but it doesnt matter the first 1mil of the game that is sold, pays for development and then some.. you think a few hundred thousand copies that are downloaded are going to affect them?.. no.. as for downloading it, .. you're still supporting EA by PLAYING the game.. dont like EA because of what they're doing dont play it at all.

Eirik
06-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Hello,

I just read in a magazine here in Norway that the release date will be in december 2007 for Playstation3 and Xbox 360.
The theme for the game will be so called "Canyon Racing".
You will start in a gang, and by racing against other gangs you will take over more of the city. But you have to race with risks, otherwise you wont get reputation. The reputation system will be similar to THQ's Juiced.

Japanfanatic
06-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Hello,

I just read in a magazine here in Norway that the release date will be in december 2007 for Playstation3 and Xbox 360.
The theme for the game will be so called "Canyon Racing".
You will start in a gang, and by racing against other gangs you will take over more of the city. But you have to race with risks, otherwise you wont get reputation. The reputation system will be similar to THQ's Juiced.

Yo , It's all about respect Bro :rolleyes:

2fastvipergts
06-28-2006, 08:04 PM
**** U People who say Boooo about NFS Carbon!I`ll tell EA and thell SUE U!!HA!HA!

2fastvipergts
06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
**** U People who say Boooo about NFS Carbon!I`ll tell EA and thell SUE U!!HA!HA!:evil:

GM Lover
06-28-2006, 08:13 PM
**** U People who say Boooo about NFS Carbon!I`ll tell EA and thell SUE U!!HA!HA!:evil:

Oh yeah, theyll ****ing sue us. Your a real bright one.

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt mean that. Its just that my family is giong through some tough times right now. (divorce)

monkey.wesley
06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
@2fastvipergts: try to use your brain next time... ea's totally gonna sue us

@everyone after my post: try to stay on topic

PH34R
06-28-2006, 10:05 PM

ooh boy, guess we better wave a white flag in front of EA HQ, bow to them, and say "dont sue us, oh great one". Riiiiiight. Legally, they cant do anything, its called speculation

edlemur
06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
**** U People who say Boooo about NFS Carbon!I`ll tell EA and thell SUE U!!HA!HA!

on the opposite corner: only 8 posts and less than a month of membership, but this doesnt stop him from pissing the other members off; beware the new supern00b of nfscars:

2FASTVIPERGTS!

Killua
06-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Hahaha... lame user name.

And do you think EA will listen to you?

99% Not. They don't hear us, so they'll not hear you.

@GM: That sucks a lot, I hope your family gets a solution to that problem soon.

Wolf04
06-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh yeah, theyll ****ing sue us. Your a real bright one.

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt mean that. Its just that my family is giong through some tough times right now. (divorce)

Oh, don't you feel special. Just because you got personl problems, that doesn't mean you have the right to flame, scream and do whatever you feel like it on the Internet. It's called life, deal with it.

Sinister
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
rofl.. EA cant sue shit for personal opinions.

if people want to say boo to NFS:Carbon because of all the shit rice they have in it, they have full right.

if EA was smart enough and go back to their roots instead of using their polls and shit where all those 14 year old rap loving, *** ****ing, rice blownig shitheads.. we'd get a decent game out instead of something that is nearly identical to FNF3.

and as well.. your gods all forbid the EVO from being a star car.. thats just bullshit.. I dont want to be forced to drive such a piece of shit.. its the same as the BMW in MW.. I dont want to HAVE to drive it, but the game insists, and the car handles like a boat drydocked. ****ing EA, why not let us customize the carreer mode to our OWN tastes.. if we dont want rice, we should be allowed to prevent it (and destroy it)... Thankfully the Ruiners are starting to take the word to the street and destroying real rice. (like knightrider and rich P as examples)

HSVrules
06-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh, don't you feel special. Just because you got personl problems, that doesn't mean you have the right to flame, scream and do whatever you feel like it on the Internet. It's called life, deal with it.

He apologised, how about you get ontopic and STFU before someone rearanges your face.

Ontopic: I'll still buy it, it's a game, I like games, i wont do rice but the ones who do, have no eye for style. Rice is like a drug in a way, it destroys your brain every step of the way, by the end, you don't even know what "a" means. But yeah i'll buy it, i think it's fun to have the choices u do, to make ur car look cooler, but EA should use Real body parts not fake ones, use real ones, like Rockstar did with Midnight Club 3, thats why Rockstar is better than EA atm.

maslcar
06-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I think Drifting is ok, because in real life, it demands skill and perserverance. It is a sport in Japan, D1 Grand Prix.

Sinister
06-30-2006, 12:40 AM
lol., it takes skill to drive gravel roads at 130.. drifting is a pussies sport.

PH34R
06-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Hopefully, the Challenger, Gallardo, or Carerra GT are the candidates for star car, since they get featured about the same amount of times

Martin N
06-30-2006, 11:58 AM
lol., it takes skill to drive gravel roads at 130.. drifting is a pussies sport.

Though Effective, you are doing a form of drifting: Mild Powersliding.

Sinister
06-30-2006, 03:10 PM
powersliding on gravel and drifting on pavement Two different things.

go try it, just dont wrap your car around a phone pole.

Gangster007
06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
if EA was smart enough and go back to their roots instead of using their polls and shit where all those 14 year old rap loving, *** ****ing, rice blownig shitheads.. we'd get a decent game out instead of something that is nearly identical to FNF3.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm 100% agree with you and I'm sorry to disapoint you BUT EA cares only about the MONEY and all these "14 year old rap loving, *** ****ing, rice blownig shitheads.." :rifle: and there parents has it. So theye don't give a shit about our opinion. I know some older ppl that think that NFS U was the first NFS...
The NFS carbon start's to look exacly the same like NFS U2... I dont know if there is day racing... and i really miss the good music from the old nfs series.
Pure racing music not rap shit...

LeviMan_2001
06-30-2006, 04:05 PM
--Warning Offtopic--

Rice is like a drug in a way, it destroys your brain every step of the way, by the end, you don't even know what "a" means.

I think i once heard i guy say his son got into ricing and then crashed his car real bad (he gave the impression because of rice)

i'm 13 and i hate rice it's the stupidest thing out there and second of all it's destroying the us car industry - asain car componys are taking over the average vehicle category and also taking over the "fast" category (even though we know the're not fast) THAT is why I hate rice also it's rediculously stUpid and has all these people my age going "yo im a ganagster". I say if you want a fast car... buy one.

P.S i love that though sin its so true.
mwahaha they all should die - ricers

LeviMan_2001
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Delete ME!

Sinister
06-30-2006, 04:29 PM
good you agree.. next time use the edit button.. you do know what it looks like right? do I need to show you, I hope not.

Gangster007
06-30-2006, 04:43 PM
good you agree.. next time use the edit button.. you do know what it looks like right? do I need to show you, I hope not.

R ya' talkin to me? :brood:

LeviMan_2001
06-30-2006, 05:37 PM
ya sorry bout that doubble post there

Sinister
06-30-2006, 06:23 PM
day racing no.. :( its dusk till dawn.. so night driving... again exactly like FNF3.

Killua
06-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Permanent night driving sucks, also does rap and rice. I don't care how many time I say that, I never get tired of it.

Cobra64
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
NFS Carbon = Carbon copy of FNF3?
Rice is food. Not a style of car modification. They are not riced cars, they are stupidly modified cars. I won't buy Carbon for a long time, because I have no way of making money, and I don't think it's worth spending all of my money on. I don't even have NFS6 yet, much less MW.

Sinister
06-30-2006, 08:19 PM
there we go.. cobra, you just broke EAs code..

Carbon Copy of FNF3, im surprised they didnt try to use that hot chick from the movie as the actress in NFS.

Brown Chaos
06-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Eh, the only thing that looks promising is the 7 opponents on the track..hopefully there's an 'extra hard' setting that provides a challenge.

GM Lover
07-01-2006, 10:55 AM

**** you, go suck a big one.

Yeah, its nice to see 7 opponets back. Hopefully theyll be easier to spin out like in NFSU2. (MW was very hard to spin them out)

Ricochet
07-02-2006, 06:01 AM
The Need For Speed Series is infested with rice :P . Carbon will have to be a U3 to compete with the FnF Series now :(. > EA's such a greedy gay now.
FnF = ****in n00bs' Fun :P

Saleen
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Guys, we dont have to rice our cars, it's a choice. Yes, i know opponents might have a riced out Lamborghini, just ignore it. Imagine it as a stock Lambo. At first, i thought UG was gong to be a good series, but then came along the F***ING N00BLETS that ruined it. MW turned out good, so let's give Carbon a chance. It might actually be a good game. Hopefully better.;)

Killua
07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Guys, we dont have to rice our cars, it's a choice. Yes, i know opponents might have a riced out Lamborghini, just ignore it. Imagine it as a stock Lambo.
That kind of comments is very common, but I can't do it, you know why?

Because riced supercars are in the CD cover, in game, in videos, menu... and the list goes, the game is about ******* tuning. I can't ignore it.

That's because EA is crap now.

Ricochet
07-03-2006, 10:45 AM
EA's not crap, it's garbage.

MILESTONE: MY 300TH POST

funny guy
07-03-2006, 02:34 PM
That kind of comments is very common, but I can't do it, you know why?

Because riced supercars are in the CD cover, in game, in videos, menu... and the list goes, the game is about ******* tuning. I can't ignore it.

That's because EA is crap now.

You could sharpy out the rice on your cover...

mad_dog
07-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Funny how this thread turned from screenshots thread to flame thread. People start boasting their hate towards various different tastes. I wonder if the moderators have done anything about it or do they let this sort of stuff slip by as the topic never stated about posting your tastes and how you will not buy it?

Let me get this straight, I hate to sound like a moderator, but this thread has already turned out really stupid. From a new game and pictures being posted about what it looks like and yet I get 4 pages long full of crap about people don't like 'rice' and all.

'rice'? That word has been repeated way more than 30 times over this thread. It is over-used and it is very stupid to keep using it. What if I were to go around saying that American cars are 'bricks'? Would that sound any better? yes 'bricks' They can't steer for crap around corners, they understeer and they chew petrol like as if there was no tomorrow. Italian cars? like 'posh trash' and to see them on the road? don't tell me, they are too over-rated and I would never touch one with a ten-foot pole even with wearing an anti-radioactive suit. I'd prefer German cars over Italian trash cans anyday, you get more for what you pay for. Oh and by the way, what do you call Dodge with their Neons and Opel with their Astra? rice burners? you have got to be kidding. Grow a brain, Dodge is American brand and yet they produce 4 bangers, to not call them rice is stupid and to brand only Japanese cars as rice. The same more or less goes with Opel. Lets not forget too that Ford also produces Fiesta and all and that Lancia (Italian brand) was popular in the rally scene WITH their 4 banger.

drifting? what is wrong with that? what about drags? does it take brains to pull a car down the quarter mile? What about circuit? running around in the circle like a mouse inside its cage and trying to find an escape?.

Don't like the new game? start a new thread and post your hate about it, no-one likes to see screenshots and expect to see other people saying this game is a pile of crap and its full of ricers and stuff. If you don't like the game, Don't buy it People have already said that and I agree more or less.

Don't like the trend? Get a life who doesn't see 4 bangers around? Who doesn't like creativity?. Last but not least, do we have to be the same as you? Thank goodness we were born differently.. Just because having stupid bumper upgrades and vinyls doesn't mean its ricing it up. People are bound to have different tastes. Yes, I do not really like having vinyls and stuff, but nevertheless its a game. Just because your car does not stand out from the crowd with the non-vinyls and stuff does not mean you are not cool. Go buy a car and do up whatever you wish. Race with other people and do tell me that everyone on the road drives more or less the same car as you. A game is a game, what you do in real life is totally different.

EA Games has been stretching their desires to fulfil everyone's tastes into their game. It is not like as if they have completely forgotten and will never care about 8 bangers and Italian cars. They have tried to put people's interests into a mere game so we can more or less compete and pretend to act like real life if we wished to. Otherwise EA would be losing various consumers with different tastes. If you were to be in EA's position you would probably also understand that not ALL people like big cars, Italian brandings and/or pocket rockets. Featured cars (cars that would totally dominate other cars no matter how crap they maybe like RX-7 in Underground 2 and BMW M3 GTR in Most Wanted) are ways that EA can gain more money, every company does it regardless of who they are or what they do Again, don't like it? don't buy it. Can't stress enough.

For f**ks sake, grow some brain people and try and put up a more intelligent talk. EA does not have only rap songs in their games, from Underground to Most Wanted. Although rap maybe the highlight, but that does not mean you cannot turn it off and put whatever you want on. I also don't like rap, but so? I dealt with it, I turned off all the songs from the game AND I leave winamp playing my favourite tunes in the background if need be. Otherwise the engine is the music.

As a final note, competitions are EVERYWHERE, its not the Japs that are taking over the industries, if you opened your eyes and did some proper research, you would have noticed that most car companies around the world are in some way taken over by either GM|H or Ford respectively.
In UK: Opel is now GM, Jaguar I think is now Ford
In Japan: Nissan is taken over by Renault which is probably part of Ford as well. Mazda is partially taken over by Ford.

This list is FAR from extensive. It gives you a brief overview of who has taken what. Do tell me whos pulling the strings now, the Japs or the Yanks? Again, do please research before you make some brainless comment to indicate how stupid you are.

On a more brighter side of the note: I like the screenshots of the game, I would prefer to see a list of cars that are available in the game.

On a side note: No I don't hate v8s and I do not fully hate Italian cars, but AT LEAST I respect them for who they are and what their position is on the market. People are bound to have their tastes, and there is nothing wrong with EA trying to put that into one game as in real life, you do NOT always race against the same type of cars as yours EXCEPT if you choose to.

Talk Shit And Show Off Like An Idiot = Ricer
Just Making Your Car The Way You Want It To Look = Not Ricer
That I totally agree.. ONLY the weak dog barks louder here.. :p

NFS CHASER
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Man, I couldn't agree with you more. And I completely agree with Ibanez Man too. For me when it comes to customizing cars (talking about visual customization) it really depends on the car and whether it would look good with body mods or not, for example if it was an exotic I would probably leave it stock (visually) and just give it a pretty paint job and maybe some new rims or a small vinyl or two that is if it would look good on the car. When it comes to muscle cars my opinion varies usually they look really cool stock but I like customizing the mustangs. When it comes to tuners I usually like to customize them but then againj sometimes I leave them the way they are. It also depends on how I'm feeling that day, maybe I'm in the mood to personalize my car or maybe I'm in the mood for some beautiful visually stock cars. Also, about the word 'rice', I hate that word so much. I see it in almost every post in this forum. It's become like a swear word to me, I'm sick of hearing/reading it! I feel like telling some people to shut the f*** up.

GM Lover
07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
It's become like a swear word to me, I'm sick of hearing/reading it! I feel like telling some people to shut the f*** up.

Then f*cking leave. You and Mad Dog. I, along with everyone else inforces what they say about "rice".

Also, we arent aloud to rant about how shitty NFS has become, with all this tuning and less exotics, and your allowed to tell us to shut up and keep to our selves? Uh uh. If you dont like what were saying leave. Your part of the small percentage of this site that like tuning.

Older NFS> Newer NFS.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Mad_dog and NFS Chaser are 100% right.
I, too am tired of people bashing other people just because their car looks strange to them.
You could paint a Ferrari dark brown with a drag-type rear wing, and it could still look nice to its owner.
Yes, I love exotics and muscle cars, but I don't hate tuners.
It's only fair that you respect other people's rights and tastes if you expect them to respect yours.
For those of you who spit on modified cars, leave their owners alone.
Grow up, and learn to respect others' tastes.
And don't be idiots, either. 'i hait rycerz, lol' 'my ecksotick makes 39830938434384039854859085808504 bhp, lmao' are words of ignorant saps.
You don't like someone else's style, either refrain from flaming them or STFU altogether.
And Ibanez Man also has a point.
I am tired of seeing this crap all over this damn site.
It's pretty much FUBAR by now{as in, F***ed Up Beyond All Reason}.
Don't like it? Just deal with it and stop acting like you have an IQ of 65.
God, you guys are so ignorant!
I just hope those rice-bashing people realize that they're not making themselves look any smarter by being bigots.
{Renault isn't owned by Ford, btw, but most of the Japanese third of Mazda is}

edlemur
07-10-2006, 08:51 PM
stevus your presence, even in cybernetic form, annoys me.
if someone choses "style" over performance, especially on a car that is meant for performance, isnt too bright. not that you would know what cars are meant for performance stevus.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:00 PM
So what?
At least the owner likes his or her car.
I am mostly angry at those who bash the so-called 'ricers' just because they hate their style.
They need to f***ing grow up.
I don't bash 'ricers' at all, because I'm too mature for that s***.
So please, refrain from bigotry.

Rackharrow
07-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Then f*cking leave. You and Mad Dog. I, along with everyone else inforces what they say about "rice".....Older NFS> Newer NFS.
Couldn't even begin to agree more.
maddog: Lets get this straight. Rice does not imply only japanese cars. As the f*cking idiots of the MW showrooms have proven, you can rice Lamborghinis and McLarens as well.
American cars are bricks? Muscle cars are a cult icon. They are easily the most respectable cars Americans have ever made. Yes, they handle badly, drink fuel, blah blah blah. Everyday, 60 million tons of acidic gasses are pumped into the sky. So it's not like the ozone is splitting thanks to muscle.
"Posh Thrash" Italians.... You wouldn't go near one with a ten foot pole wearing a radioactive suit.... Good going, fool. Italians make the best sport cars on earth. Period. You can sleep with your german cars, but there is absolutely no way they can capture the same emotion Italians do. What's the fun of a car, when you can't hear anything, can't feel the road beneath you, and can't feel it have a life of its own? Apparently the German's haven't thought about that.
If you saw a regular Astra going down the street, woud you call it rice and be serious about it? But if we saw it with a 20 foot spoiler, more neon than engine, and a show-shoveling body kit, then we would call it rice. So to call Dodge rice is as stupid as George Bush.
Does dragging need brains? Duh. But drifting is the race to be the worst driver on the track. What the hell is the fun of a supercar if all you're expected to do with it is do figure eights?
The bling/hip-hop trend well never catch on to us. I can vouch for that. To us, having a life has a very different meaning than going where the tide takes us.
Yeah, we don't like the game. And we will post about it. You can f*uck of if you can't stand it. We are all that remains of the sane NFS community. Idiots like you are the reason we don't have Ferraris in NFS.
"Talking shit and showing of like an idiot." I talk shit. Lambofreak shows of like an idiot. Neither of us are ricers. Only the weak dogs can't seem to shut up around here.

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:11 PM
So what?
At least the owner likes his or her car.
I am mostly angry at those who bash the so-called 'ricers' just because they hate their style.
They need to f***ing grow up.
I don't bash 'ricers' at all, because I'm too mature for that s***.
So please, refrain from bigotry.

uhu, ya, sure. if its not immature to rice your car then show me ONE grown man in a rice wagon.

mature people prefer practicality and performance over looks. mature is knowing that adding useless mods just for looks will only increase drag and weight, waste gasoline, and the whole list goes downhill. i dont think a mature person would like to do that to their car.

using the same word over and over is immature, heres a little history on the word bigot

Bigots may have more in common with God than one might think. Legend has it that Rollo, the first duke of Normandy, refused to kiss the foot of the French king Charles III, uttering the phrase bi got, his borrowing of the assumed Old English equivalent of our expression by God. Although this story is almost surely apocryphal, it is true that bigot was used by the French as a term of abuse for the Normans, but not in a religious sense. Later, however, the word, or very possibly a homonym, was used abusively in French for the Beguines, members of a Roman Catholic lay sisterhood. From the 15th century on Old French bigot meant “an excessively devoted or hypocritical person.” Bigot is first recorded in English in 1598 with the sense “a superstitious hypocrite.”

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh, boy.
Who cares if someone's bodykitted car has upgraded performance or not?
It's not like you're molesting somebody.

I could care less if a car is riced or not.

What matters is if it is pleasing to its owner.

If everyone else hates it, too bad! That's your problem........

I really do love exotics and muscle cars, OK?

But at least I'm not bigoted about it like a lot of people are.

GM Lover
07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Grow up, and learn to respect others' tastes.
And don't be idiots, either.
You don't like someone else's style, either refrain from flaming them or STFU altogether.

You said it. Our tastes are "rice sucks".

Now bow down and respect. :whip:

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
and yet you use the word bigot again. you didnt answer my question over maturity and rice. oh i forgot, its you that im taling to, you never do answer questions, you just veer off the subject.

GM Lover
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
You said it. Our tastes are "rice sucks".

Now bow down and respect. :whip:

and yet you use the word bigot again. you didnt answer my question over maturity and rice. oh i forgot, its you that im taling to, you never do answer questions, you just veer off the subject.

Owned 2X JesusRox/Stephen1990, Mad Dog, and NFS CHASER.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM

Let me answer your question:

Does it matter if a 30-year-old drives a spoilered Honda?
And yes, I've seen that before.

@GM Lover: Only those who choose to bash these 'ricers' for the fun of it anger me.
If they weren't so rude about it, I wouldn't really care.
I don't bash people for not preferring ricers' styles, just those who maliciously make fun of them because of it.
btw, not owned.
If anyone's going to get owned, it's not gonna be any of us.

Speed911
07-10-2006, 09:30 PM
"to mature for it"

Rofl

So far Stevus1977, you've proven yourself quiet the opposite of the definition of maturity. You've shown none of it since your stay here. Seems to me you get flammed because you're the one who's done the shit starting. Not the others. You and Steven have been the main pain in the ***. With your random *** comments and showing off "maturity," excuse me, the lack of it, and your other alias where you act like a total dumbass and *******. PLEASE follow your own advice, grow up and stop trying to act like a "know it all" and stop trying to act like you're better than everyone, you aren't, and nobody here likes you because of your arrogant, *****y, ******* attitude.

Kthxbai

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Let me answer your question:

Does it matter if a 30-year-old drives a spoilered Honda?
And yes, I've seen that before.

uh yes it does matter, because if a grown man can only afford a honda and yet still adds mods that only give it worse fuel economy, wed have won broke son of a *****

GM Lover
07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
@Stevus1977: Well, its called PM them. You dont need to start a flame war because of a few people. If Mad Dog wasnt such an idiot, he wouldnt have even posted that to begin with. Target the people you want to STFU. Dont get everyone's asses out over it.

As bimmer4lemur said in another topic:

Im sorry that the father, the son or the holy spirit did not grace you with any sense.

(or something like that)

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
uh yes it does matter, because if a grown man can only afford a honda and yet still adds mods that only give it worse fuel economy, wed have won broke son of a *****

Doesn't mean he's immature, just poor is all.

GTAL, people!

lambofreak100
07-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Owned 2X JesusRox/Stephen1990, Mad Dog, and NFS CHASER.

Make that 3.

Oh and to all names mentionned in the quote above, sure, someone might enjoy a gay bodykitted car, yuck vinyls, etc. but we have something here called Freedom of Speech, which allows to express our opinions about the car as freely as we like. We can say the car sucks, and you can't do jack squat, because it's our opinion, and you can't change it.

Oh, and over 50% of our so called rice-bashers give opinions to make your car look better. At least take some time and consider our opinions, instead of ignoring and telling us to f*** off, which in fact, is illegal to do.

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Doesn't mean he's immature, just poor is all.

GTAL, people!

yes it does because not many grown men would like to be broke because they are too busy throwing money away for their riced civic and all the extra fuel it would burn.

GM Lover
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Make that 3.

Oh and to all names mentionned in the quote above, sure, someone might enjoy a gay bodykitted car, yuck vinyls, etc. but we have something here called Freedom of Speech, which allows to express our opinions about the car as freely as we like. We can say the car sucks, and you can't do jack squat, because it's our opinion, and you can't change it.

Exactly. However, for the poor idiots that are standing up for rice, they have the same freedom. So....

Anyways, rice does not rule here. Go to a different if you like rice and tuning, because were all diehard classic NFS fans.

Now Im leaving, come to some sort of a settlement guys because Im kinda getting sickof arguing over rice, but my opion of it stands. It blows the big one.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
yes it does because not many grown men would like to be broke because they are too busy throwing money away for their riced civic and all the extra fuel it would burn.

It doesn't cost $50,000 to modify a Civic{Unless you're making a 500+ hp racer}.
And besides, doesn't 'rice' equal modified bodykit without extra performance?

I wish people here would show courtesy, as well.

Sinister
07-10-2006, 09:40 PM
why spend 50 bucks, let alone 5-10k on a civic to make it look like it came out of the horses ***?

more or less yes, ricing = the visual ugliness of a car. tuning = performance.
the FNF fanbois are Ricers NOT tuners..

tuners dont usually rice as they want sleeper cars..

Any idiot who rices an exotic deserves to be shot.

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
It doesn't cost $50,000 to modify a Civic{Unless you're making a 500+ hp racer}.

lets see did i mention performance, oh wait no. how about 50K then, nah same here. stop pulling shit out of your *** and accept whats fact. you obiously still havent reached that stage of maturity in which you twist what other say.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
lets see did i mention performance, oh wait no. how about 50K then, nah same here. stop pulling shit out of your *** and accept whats fact. you obiously still havent reached that stage of maturity in which you twist what other say.

What facts, huh?

Give me 1 provable and reasonable fact.

Oh, and nobody's trying to change anyone's opinions, OK?
Just don't understand why people have to be so vicious about them.

edlemur
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
the fact that being bankrupt is not desirable and that i NEVER stated the number 50,000 nor the word "performance" in that previous post.

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
the fact that being bankrupt is not desirable and that i NEVER stated the number 50,000 nor the word "performance" in that previous post.

Never said you did.

Bankruptcy doesn't make someone immature{unless you're spending your cash on illegal drugs!!!!}

edlemur
07-10-2006, 10:00 PM
bankruptcy is mostly the cause of irresponsible control of income. irresponsiility is immature.

Never said you did.
oh really

JesusRox777
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
bankruptcy is mostly the cause of irresponsible control of income. irresponsiility is immature.

oh really
Not always.
You have to realize that a lot of bankruptcy cases are not always the person's fault.

edlemur
07-10-2006, 10:08 PM
did i say mostly? i think i did. let me check.mostly yeah, i did

Zpectre
07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
This thread has become a joke...

Rice = disgrace of the automobilistic world. It's one of the children from today's so-called "pop culture" which serves only one purpose: to drain money from consumist people (who happen to be people 10-25 years old). Talk about a product for the masses. In my book, rice belongs with Britney Spears, David Beckham or those teenager bands with a large young female following: advertisement makes them sound "cool" and they use the consumism of the masses in their favour to earn easy, fresh money.

One could say that Ferrari's been turned into a cash cow as well. At least Ferraris are expensive, and so are the souvenirs. Besides, Ferrari is the most elitist car maker on Earth and pure money doesn't always buy an automobile of theirs.

Back into the NFS subject, what we are discussing here is how EA has transformed a successful racing franchise into an object of this "pop culture", which has ricing as its automobilistic expression. It has become "cool" to rice your car, and EA, which is much, much larger than it was 7 or so years ago, is obviously interested in exploring this market as much as they can, so that they can further increase their income. The bigger you are, the more you want. And, as a result, the bigger you are, the worse is the communication with the public who actually cares about the series' future.

I'm not disrespecting the opinion of those who like rice, but, for me, rice negates the purpose of automobilism itself, which is to show examples of flawless engineering, be it for racing or transport purposes. And, even as a work of art, it's much inferior to some well thought creations like the BMW Artcars.

t3ku
07-11-2006, 04:16 AM
Yes agreed, i do add parts to my cars or vinals in Forza, but for cars like the Saleen S7, Ferrari F40, ect all i do is give them a body color, no modifying of their bodies :\
Ricing an exotic is....just wrong, no matter the game.

JesusRox777
07-11-2006, 04:49 AM
But isn't 'ricing' modifying the bodykit without adding performance?

That's what I've heard, at least.

@Zpectre: Well, I'm glad you respect people's opinions.
Truly, I don't lean either way, but I just hate it when people maliciously tease others because of their preferences.

Mad Dog Turahk
07-11-2006, 05:29 AM
I said it once, and I'm going to say it again.

Those bashers are turning people away from NFSCars. Not only the new members, but respected older members as well. Nice going, guys. <.<

At least some people respect other people's opinions... We need much more of those people if NFSCars is going to survive, because the bashers and flamers are just killing NFSCars. And they don't even know it.

@ mad_dog: Do not use the 3 letter version of "Japanese", because it's a racist term, no matter what the situation is. But for the rest, I'm with you.

Then f*cking leave. You and Mad Dog. I, along with everyone else inforces what they say about "rice".
You, among many others, will be the downfall of NFSCars with an attitude like that.

JesusRox777
07-11-2006, 05:32 AM
I said it once, and I'm going to say it again.

Those bashers are turning people away from NFSCars. Not only the new members, but respected older members as well. Nice going, guys. <.<

At least some people respect other people's opinions... We need much more of those people if NFSCars is going to survive, because the bashers and flamers are just killing NFSCars. And they don't even know it.

You, among many others, will be the downfall of NFSCars with an attitude like that.

Thank you, Mad Dog Turahk, for coming up here and showing{or, rather, telling} everyone what common sense really is.
Nice pwn, btw:D .

supra969
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
r]

"14 year old rap loving, *** ****ing, rice blownig shitheads.."

if ur talking to me here first of all iant no rice burner 2d of all im a supra love i dont go robbing money from my parents to add a uglly looking bodykits and yes ima a rap lover

and ea pleas come up with a ****ing music importer

NFS CHASER
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm not disrespecting the opinion of those who like rice, but, for me, rice negates the purpose of automobilism itself, which is to show examples of flawless engineering, be it for racing or transport purposes. And, even as a work of art, it's much inferior to some well thought creations like the BMW Artcars.

Dude, I ain't no ricer.

Rackharrow
07-11-2006, 09:16 AM

GM didn't mean you, he meant the other idiot mad dog who came in shaking his tail like a fool....
And Lambofreak: Agreed, word for word.

hondaman
07-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Things have gone awry in this thread.

A few things need to be said:

Intolerance and downright hatred seems to be floating around something so silly as car modification. No one has the right to ask anyone to change what they believe, but still respect and courtesy should be shown to others' opinions. For example, saying "Rice sucks!" is not an opinion worthy of being respected, it's a viewpoint meant to belittle others' opinions. Saying, "I really don't care for that style of modification" is an opinion.

I don't like the kind of visual tuning we are talking about. I may even have a little chuckle or have a little joke when I come upon a car of such style. I don't however, begrudge them of what they have done. It is after all, their car.

I don't like rice in that I don't like the mindset. I've talked about it many times, if you wish to know what I mean then look up one of my previous posts on the matter.

It's just plain dumb to be so intolerant about tastes in cars, especially considering the futility of such an action.

Intolerance and resistance to differences are the founding principles of racism.

Ricochet
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
One could say that Ferrari's been turned into a cash cow as well. At least Ferraris are expensive, and so are the souvenirs. Besides, Ferrari is the most elitist car maker on Earth and pure money doesn't always buy an automobile of theirs.
No, Ferrari isn't the only one, Lamborghini and Porsche also make lean, mean, killing machines :D.

Cobra64
07-11-2006, 09:50 AM
This thread has been hijacked. People are now making fun of ricers. Who cares if they mod a Civic? At least they're not destroying classics. Just leave them alone. It's not like we have to mod our car. Now get back on topic, or this thread will be locked.

Ricochet
07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been hijacked. People are now making fun of ricers. Who cares if they mod a Civic? At least they're not destroying classics. Just leave them alone. It's not like we have to mod our car. Now get back on topic, or this thread will be locked.
Yeah I agree. Why don't we just get back ontopic and try finding more screenshots and info instead of flaming and complaining about ricers? :\
I know its very disturbing to see the poor exotics riced up, but we still have to resist, or just stp looking at the pics.

Laury
07-11-2006, 10:07 AM
They need Modelers who know how to tune a car :laugh4: :grin2:

NFS CHASER
07-11-2006, 10:49 AM

I personally don't like to customize exotics visually , except sometimes if it would look good I might put on a new paintjob, maybe change rims or put on a vinyl but that's about it. I don't like to see exotics with wings and lots of body mods because I don't like that style of modification on exotics but that's just my opinion. They are usually gorgous stock so I leave them that way. Anyways let's try and get back on topic and end this flame war.

Cobra64
07-11-2006, 10:53 AM
At least in games VIRTUAL cars are being modified, not actual cars :P.

They need Modelers who know how to tune a car :laugh4: :grin2:
Like you :D?

JesusRox777
07-11-2006, 10:56 AM
@GermanAuto93, Hondaman, Cobra64: I definitely agree with you.

@NFS Chaser: Okay, good idea.
Does Carbon have the NSX, btw?

NFS CHASER
07-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Hopefully.

Ricochet
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Hopefully...
...not. Just hope it doesn't come in. It's by far, the most stylish and aerodynamic car made by Honda. If it DOES come in Carbon, it'll be in the same position as Lamborghini and Porsche are :(; Riced up.

Zpectre
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Dude, I ain't no ricer.

Have I ever quoted you in my post?

No, Ferrari isn't the only one, Lamborghini and Porsche also make lean, mean, killing machines :D.

If you wanted to buy an F40 you needed Ferrari's approval. To buy an SLR or a Carrera GT all you need is a lot of cash. This is why people like Paris Hilton own SLRs. Celebrities owning supercars isn't wrong (these cars aren't strictly for racing anyway), but sometimes you wish the car was in better hands.

However, when they sold F40s, commendatore Enzo Ferrari was still around, so they may have changed their policy towards potential buyers in order to sell more.

And I'd like to point out that I'm not depreciating Porsche or Mercedes with my post (I actually like them more than I like Ferrari). I made this comparison so that I could exemplify what I stated in my previous post and show what I mean when I said that.

JesusRox777
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Have I ever quoted you in my post?

If you wanted to buy an F40 you needed Ferrari's approval. To buy an SLR or a Carrera GT all you need is a lot of cash. This is why people like Paris Hilton own SLRs. Celebrities owning supercars isn't wrong (these cars aren't strictly for racing anyway), but sometimes you wish the car was in better hands.

However, when they sold F40s, commendatore Enzo Ferrari was still around, so they may have changed their policy towards potential buyers in order to sell more.

And I'd like to point out that I'm not depreciating Porsche or Mercedes with my post (I actually like them more than I like Ferrari). I made this comparison so that I could exemplify what I stated in my previous post and show what I mean when I said that.

Actually, 'Enzo' Ferrari died in 1988. And weren't F40s sold after '88?

Mr.Ramos
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Ban StevusJesusSux19777, this will solve everything.

NFS CHASER
07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Who are you talking about, and guys we need to get back on topic.

viktording
07-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Is it me, or does EA uses the same engine as in previous games?

I hope that EA will spend more time on the detail of the cars. The challenger hasnt even doorlines!

And this girl just looks like the one in UG2...why not take a nice blonde?

Speedr
07-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Its too early to tell how good or bad the game is. I hate that bodykit on the carrera GT tho. I just hope EA will make customization optional, not part of the game. It would suk to have to throw on ugly kits just to get to the next series of events

Zpectre
07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, 'Enzo' Ferrari died in 1988. And weren't F40s sold after '88?

Ferrari began production of the F40 in 1987, and Enzo died on August 14th, 1988. It was the car of his life.

Is it me, or does EA uses the same engine as in previous games?

I hope that EA will spend more time on the detail of the cars. The challenger hasnt even doorlines!

And this girl just looks like the one in UG2...why not take a nice blonde?

I agree 100%.

funny guy
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM

No, all it will do is keep the ricers away.

[/on topic]Anyone have any screens they would like to show us?

Brown Chaos
07-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Hopefully.

Hopefully not in Carbon. Hopefully it's in TDU.

Ricochet
07-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh... I thought that you also had to get the approval of any supercar maker to buy one of their cars :\ . At least like Lamborghini and Pagani too.

Ferrari began production of the F40 in 1987, and Enzo died on August 14th, 1988. It was the car of his life.
Hmm... 14th August is the Independance day of Pakistan :P .

JesusRox777
07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Ferrari began production of the F40 in 1987, and Enzo died on August 14th, 1988. It was the car of his life.[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=White]

[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Silver]I agree 100%.

Oh, okay.

I didn't know that.

But still, it's a neat car.

Btw, does Carbon have Skylines or Supras in there?
And more importantly, does it also have the Vette and/or Viper?

Brown Chaos
07-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh... I thought that you also had to get the approval of any supercar maker to buy one of their cars :\ . At least like Lamborghini and Pagani too.

Nope. You MAY need Lamborghini's approval for the LP460, however Ferrari's F40, F50, Enzo and perhaps F60 (For the 60th anniversary), you need the approvals, because they're limited edition cars. So they want to know it's in good hands...and not in hands of those that have "new money" persay.

Pagini, i'm not sure either, but you probably don't. You don't for Koenigsegg, i believe the only one is Ferrari that has the approval rating since a limited number aren't being made.

HSVrules
07-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Just as a little add-on though you guys prob don't care, but on the eaplay australia website, they seem to have the boxart, not official but thats what they have

Ricochet
07-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Just as a little add-on though you guys prob don't care, but on the eaplay australia website, they seem to have the boxart, not official but thats what they have
WTF? 12+! Why is it 12+? Whats going to be in there thats ESRB's rating it 12+ :\? I hope it isn't abusive language or something.

Kracka
07-12-2006, 02:40 AM
WTF? 12+! Why is it 12+? Whats going to be in there thats ESRB's rating it 12+ :\? I hope it isn't abusive language or something.

Street Racing and mild violence, I would think.

MurcielagoR-GT
07-12-2006, 02:41 AM

lol MW is 12+ too. So judge by MW.

Mad Dog Turahk
07-12-2006, 04:31 AM
No, all it will do is keep the ricers away.
Then you are truly blind, my friend.

Anywho, that's a pretty cool looking cover. I like the blue background.

Ricochet
07-12-2006, 12:30 PM
lol MW is 12+ too. So judge by MW.
In the one I bought it said 10+.

Brown Chaos
07-12-2006, 12:53 PM
In the one I bought it said 10+.

Seems to me that 12+ is what i have....EXCEPT it makes sense to have it as T for teen instead of 12+.

i.e The one i bought it says T.

Zpectre
07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Nope. You MAY need Lamborghini's approval for the LP460, however Ferrari's F40, F50, Enzo and perhaps F60 (For the 60th anniversary), you need the approvals, because they're limited edition cars. So they want to know it's in good hands...and not in hands of those that have "new money" persay.

Pagini, i'm not sure either, but you probably don't. You don't for Koenigsegg, i believe the only one is Ferrari that has the approval rating since a limited number aren't being made.

For the Enzo you must own two or more Ferraris prior to the purchase.

About the boxart, I like the idea (the chemical structure of carbon) but don't know how it makes sense in the ambient of the game. The events have nothing to do with carbon apart from the car parts (carbon fibre buyable parts) and the speculated location "Carbon Canyon" is just a name.

darkicon
07-12-2006, 04:22 PM
For the people who say the game is going to suck because of customized cars, live with it... Not everyone hates the ability to customize cars.

And how does customizing cars make you a "n00b"?

funny guy
07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Then you are truly blind, my friend.

yeah. NFScars is gonna die because a few people hate ricers. Not every new member is a ricer...If you really believe this, why don't you put "the end of NFScars is nearing!!" and post your opinion in your sig so it won't spam threads and start flamewars.

Back on topic-EA released what the woman will look like in carbon on www.gamespot.com.

Sinister
07-12-2006, 05:56 PM
nfscars wont die because of the hatred of rice.. as long as people are smart enough not to post such crap when Carbon comes out.. just leavnig the visuals of their cars stock when posting them, there's no reason to complain. but the ugliness of the bodykits, oversized spoilers, fartcans and the autosculpt sounds like it'll be really easy to bash, are in turn the part that is hated. Tuning and ricing are two different things.. all your cars in that rate your car thread (which should be reported) are massively riced to look like something that comes out of my dogs ***.

Mad Dog Turahk
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
(I'll shut up after this...)
yeah. NFScars is gonna die because a few people hate ricers. Not every new member is a ricer...If you really believe this, why don't you put "the end of NFScars is nearing!!" and post your opinion in your sig so it won't spam threads and start flamewars.
Well... the attitude of those members isn't driving just 'ricers' away, but also other potential new members, who can become easy targets. And that is a lot of potential new members. Sorry for trying to keep the site civil. :\

Sorry, but it's not my intention to start flamewars, basically because I despise flamewars. I'm just trying to prevent them.

But I guess it only backfired. :'( (Yeah, I am feeling sad right now...)

Sinister
07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
dont worry MDT, if noobs weren't so gun-ho over rice, there'd be ALOT less rice flaming.

NFS CHASER
07-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Here's my question though, how come whenever someone sees, reads or hears about some form of customization they have to automatically flame it as rice because it seems like that's how most people are on NFSCars (I'm not flaming anyone I'm just asking a question).

Zpectre
07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
And to think that, four years ago, this site was flooded with "rice burner" lovers... Remember Donnie Briscoe, Kremit, venom_fnf_designs and many, many others which just took Ryuji Kainoh's cars (or someone else's), put on some bodykits and magically got 100+ downloads a minute? Yeah, those kinds of addons were what I found when I first visited NFSCars. If you start analysing NFSCars' addon content you will find out that roughly 80% of the 6,000 (?) cars here are rice creations. I used to like some of them, though, because they were well-thought.

Unfortunately, you are an easy prey in this site if you don't:

- Fake a "rice-hating" behavior;
- Belong to an enclosed group (groups give power anywhere), or;
- Pretend that nothing is happening and keep on posting.

The only new members who stayed are those who bash ricers just for fun, (il)legitimate heirs of the legacy left by Redneck_guy, and Redneck_guy actually bashed ricers in a funny way (although aggressive), unlike some other people.

Another thing that pisses me off is that everyone goes rampant on EA when it comes to rice, but no one continuously criticises the horribly flawed game mechanics of the Undergrounds, which are only mentioned ocasionally (i.e. wall riding to take corners, starter cars beating much stronger ones, being able to finish the game with the starter car, unrealistic acceleration figures, catch-up logic, etc.). Of course, rice is way easier to spot than these things (which we only experience when we play the game for a good amount of time), but, IMO, gameplay is at least as important as having my favourite cars in the game. NFSU2 would have been a much better game if it had had proper balance between the cars, more complex AI and better drag and drift modes.

If you people want to get rid of ricers so much, you should suggest Sander to radically change the goal of the site so that it no longer supports the newer NFS games and is characterised as a site for the classic NFS. This way, the "nooblets" won't find what they want here, and will leave before they even think of registering. Maybe it's time to really think about it, people.

NFS CHASER
07-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Here's an interesting thought. What if this forum overrun by customization-tuning and I guess ricing (hate that word) lovers who bashed people who kept their cars stock, rather than the way it is now. Now that would be kind of scary. But like I said it's an interesting thought.

EDIT:Sorry for the typos

JesusRox777
07-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't like to 'rice'{I agree with NFS Chaser, this word can be VERY derogatory, even I'm starting to avoid this word}my cars often, but I hate it when people start bashing other people for having different tastes. It's uncivilized, I tell you!

Sometimes I wish I had never signed up...............

t3ku
07-13-2006, 04:23 AM
And to think that, four years ago, this site was flooded with "rice burner" lovers... Remember Kremit, venom_fnf_designs
I remember those 2 quite well, Kremit had some real potential, but focused so much on those body mods that his cars lacked um....substance :\

Another thing that pisses me off is that everyone goes rampant on EA when it comes to rice,
I dont mind the ricing, but what i wish was that EA could do realistic and authentic body parts like they did in Forza, EA said they "couldnt" yet Forza did just what they couldnt :\

unrealistic acceleration figures, catch-up logic
I hated the accel in UG 1-2 and the catchup was absolutely horrible in Ug1, i have never completed that game -_-

And this site is fine the way it is(though i think clearing the forum and starting it fresh would reduce lag drastically), though the kids that come on and think an Honda Integra can beat a Pagani Zonda is kinda annoying...

GM Lover
07-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Here's an interesting thought. What if this forum overrun by customization-tuning and I guess ricing (hate that word) lovers who bashed people who kept their cars stock, rather than the way it is now. Now that would be kind of scary. But like I said it's an interesting thought.

Guess what? Its already starting. :|

Sometimes I wish I had never signed up...............

Then why did you sign up with 2 accounts? :rolleyes:

NFS CHASER
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Why can't people who like to keep their cars stock respect those who like to customize their cars and vice versa (because people who do like customizing cars don't always respect people who don't)? NFSCars would be a better place if it was like that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion (my opinion's universal) but everyone should respect eachother and their opinions.

Mike343
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Not everyone can do it in a civil manner and thats because of maturity.

Maybe some day the parents will start teaching there kids at a younger age or even at all how to act in a mature manner with other beings.

WillGtl
07-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Screen shot of the Gallardo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Nfscarbon.jpg

supra969
07-13-2006, 09:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Nfscarbon.jpg
HONESTLY THE GALLARDO DOSENT LOOK THAT BAD

NFS CHASER
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Those black stripes look good with the yellow paintjob.

funny guy
07-13-2006, 12:10 PM
old news...

If you wanted to buy an F40 you needed Ferrari's approval. To buy an SLR or a Carrera GT all you need is a lot of cash.

actually, you needed porsche's approval to buy a carrera GT too.

Ricochet
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
It depends on the models I suppose; a model with very limited numbers (rare) must have approval from the going-to-be-owner to its manufacturer, so the car could be safe and not be involved in any dangerous situation cauding an accident with it.

Zpectre
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I remember those 2 quite well, Kremit had some real potential, but focused so much on those body mods that his cars lacked um....substance :\

I dont mind the ricing, but what i wish was that EA could do realistic and authentic body parts like they did in Forza, EA said they "couldnt" yet Forza did just what they couldnt :\

I hated the accel in UG 1-2 and the catchup was absolutely horrible in Ug1, i have never completed that game -_-

And this site is fine the way it is(though i think clearing the forum and starting it fresh would reduce lag drastically), though the kids that come on and think an Honda Integra can beat a Pagani Zonda is kinda annoying...

You got some parts of my post wrong, I said that, when people criticize Underground, all of the complaints are about ricing and only a few mention the horrible in-game mechanics (which have to do with acceleration, car performance and so on). It's not ricing that kills NFSU2 (and rice in that game is way over the top), but the AI, the performance of some cars, the little money earned on each event, the wall riding, etc.

Laury
07-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Like you :D?

Naaaaaaaaaaah http://vwpolo6nfans.celeonet.fr/images/smiles/siffle.gif

Dr.DooM
07-14-2006, 06:45 AM
heh, i looked back on underground 1, its not bad really, though the cars have to be done with good taste!
you can make some cars look almost BTCC style which i enjoyed

supra969
07-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Btw, does Carbon have Skylines or Supras in there?

for sure there will be a supra

Ricochet
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
for sure there will be a supra
Yep. Ever since ricing started in the NFS Series there has been a Supra.

supra969
07-14-2006, 07:42 AM
wrong there was a supra in nfs1

GM Lover
07-14-2006, 08:13 AM

*shakeshead*

No, there was a Supra along with an RX-7 in the very first NFS.

viktording
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
If it isnt posted already, here some new shots

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35486&mode=thread&order=0

(It is posted in theborg recently, so I thought I post it here too)

More muscles to come! I think that blue car is a Camaro SS (from MW in think)

Ricochet
07-14-2006, 11:53 AM
wrong there was a supra in nfs1
No, there was a Supra along with an RX-7 in the very first NFS.
Oops... Sorry. Forgot about TNFS :P .

t3ku
07-15-2006, 02:32 AM
You got some parts of my post wrong, I said that, when people criticize Underground, all of the complaints are about ricing and only a few mention the horrible in-game mechanics (which have to do with acceleration, car performance and so on). It's not ricing that kills NFSU2 (and rice in that game is way over the top), but the AI, the performance of some cars, the little money earned on each event, the wall riding, etc.

eh no i caught that....um i didnt word it right... :|
I honestly didnt care much about the ricing in ug1-2 thats what those 2 games were about, not one exotic in it. But their physics were horrible, ug1 especially, ug2 was better but still way off :\

In ug1 the catch-up and AI were soo annoying that by 111 even on easy, i couldnt beat it -_-

In ug2 the catch-up was lower a bit, so easier, and the physics were improved but were still twitchy and ended up hitting the walls several times because of the "drift" effect.
The money i never really thought of, just meant i had to focus on one car at a time, untill i switched. Although when Phadrus(gameshark.com) released a game save with 1billion dollars at start o.O i dl'd it and put it on my xbox, used it ever since.
Though i wish some of thos efunds were transferable to NFS Mw......9bil or so left on my main id....