View Full Version : It's Official: Need For Speed Carbon has Police! (New Info)

NFS CHASER
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Look here: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=79642&start=15

Smoothie says it himself that the game has cops. If your wondering who eacomsmoothie is he is someone who works for EA. Now it's official though, the game will have police.

Rackharrow
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Oh, goody. Cops. Lets see how they play with the cop strategies around this time.

PH34R
06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
I hope they just rip the whole MW cop system out, modify it, and put it in Carbon. Thatll save costs, and make the game fun

Dr.DooM
06-27-2006, 09:44 AM
well thats good news, but this coula gone in the offical thread, why make a whole new thread?

NFS CHASER
06-27-2006, 09:47 AM
There's like 20 pages in the Official thread and growing so it would be hard to find.

rosk
06-27-2006, 11:48 AM
i read in some magazine scan the focus wont be on the cops.

WESTBLADE
06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
This 'news' is older than jesus...:|

Mr.Ramos
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
This 'news' is older than jesus...:|

LMAO; But you're right WB, it is old news.

NFS CHASER
06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm glad they're focusing a little more on the racing this time around because in MW the actual racing part of the game seemed kind of lacking and it wasn't very fun with all the catchup AI.

Gangster007
06-27-2006, 08:25 PM
GRATE! There will be cops..... ok i don't think that it's a big news :| it's like to say
"There will be Drift in the nfs carbon EA has confirmed it!!" oh come on!
This game starting to remind me NFS U2 and i dont like it....

osa_mah91
07-02-2006, 01:39 PM
i luv drift

Sinister
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
and you cant spell,, its obvious why your type likes drift, you drive so poorly that you cant keep your car going straight.

osa_mah91
07-02-2006, 02:05 PM
and you cant spell,, its obvious why your type likes drift, you drive so poorly that you cant keep your car going straight.

SCREW YOU maybe u dont know how to drive im one of the best street racers in jeddah and u say i dunno how to drive !!!!!!!!!!! DRIFTIN' in my PASSION

cl-r
07-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Relax...breathe in, breathe out...lol...and Sin's right, you do need to learn to spell.

lambofreak100
07-02-2006, 03:59 PM
It's not that drifting is bad, it's how kiddies in this world can't drift properly, let alone kill people in their ways. Like people said before, sliding like an idiot around the road is not drifting. Leave it to the experts, the guys who ACTUALLY drift like pros...

...or better yet, don't drift at all.

BTW osa_mah91, don't try and fight sin. I know from experience, he would pin you to the wall, put you in the washing machine three times, iron you (and probably leave a black hole in your body), and boil you in an oven for a year.

t3ku
07-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Guys quit picking on the newbs :s

Sinister
07-03-2006, 04:14 AM
rofl... no.. im sorry, thats funny.. nice lambo.

osa_mah91- if you really are a pro.. maybe you'll be able to prove it.... and since I know that all you'd do is go find one to download, its easy to spot that you'd fake it..

so I challenge you to drift.. and the best way to do this would be having someone hold a paper that says "I owned Sinister" in the shot while you're drifting.

and this would definately need to be in video format..

if you can do this, then i'd believe you.

and for you to think that I dont know how to drive.. ..

kid.. let me tell you that in the last two weeks i've been running the highways at a minimum of 100, and I've come close having 3 deer and two moose for hood ornaments.(within 2 ft.). I've drifted gravel at 80. as well as driving 50 on the road that is so dusty you cant see past your windshield. Drifting takes absolutely no skill.., trust me, i've been driving longer than you have liked cars.

oh and one other thing.. Do what I have and Drift a gravel truck. dipshit.

jakovonline
07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
IMO drifting is cool (since they do it alot in the WRC) but I think EA should focus more on the racing depending on your place at the finish, not points. Why else would they call this game Need for "Speed"?

Sinister
07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
nah the next installment is the Need for Carbon Copy FNF Drifting

PH34R
07-04-2006, 10:52 AM
SCREW YOU maybe u dont know how to drive im one of the best street racers in jeddah and u say i dunno how to drive !!!!!!!!!!! DRIFTIN' in my PASSION

I hope they give you style points for how you wrap your car around trees:}

creek
07-05-2006, 07:16 AM
What does this "drifting" stuff have to do with the forum?

Anyway, even if the game has cops in it, the whole "Underground" feel just "drifts" me away from getting NFS: CARBON.

jakovonline
07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Now it all depends how good EA will make the cop system to balance our feelings between the bad (drifting) and the good (police)
The cop system in MW was a bit lame since they made it too easy to get away in heat 1. I think they should step it up a little bit with more tactics and more 'ways of damaging' the cops or scenery.
I also think they should make damage cost, like in High Stakes or Porsche Unleashed, not make you invinceable.

SUPRA 06
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
im sick of how easy the cops are in mw i want there to be like a level 10 in CARBON compared to level 5 in MOST WANTED

jakovonline
07-06-2006, 01:50 AM
I think MW's heat 3 should be heat 1 and you work your way up to heat 10. Now that's a challenge!
EA should also make cops like in the intro video of MW where everyone thinks the orange car belongs to some wannabe racer but is instead an undercover cop car.
e.g. if you challenge a racer to an outrun race he might actually be a cop roaming the streets or if you get into a race, after half a mile the undercover cop might turn his lights and sirens on and start busting people.

NFS CHASER
07-06-2006, 06:19 AM
In real life, heat level 1 would be equel to atleast heat level 2 or 3. I don't know if they should keep the whole heat level system. Maybe they should work in some new system.

Sinister
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
you know, i bet if the cops got any harder, you'd start complaining that they're too hard and you cant finish the game.

NFS CHASER
07-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I never said make it harder, but rather put in a new system. If they did make it harder though, that's probably what would happen.

alex13
07-07-2006, 04:14 AM
lol , in cyprus is the islan of dreams for exotics.... you can see murcielagos , diablos , 306 modena and more. the cool thing is that here in cyprus if the police sees a car rooling with 230 km/h they dont even bother to chase you because they renaults have top speed 200 km/h.

Sinister
07-07-2006, 11:47 AM
nah with most cops, if they cant catch up, they call for a roadblock ahead.

Dr.DooM
07-07-2006, 12:37 PM
lol yeas, sounds like some one givin it the ole bs! not only that but they can easily track vehicles going that speed with a helicopter, , ther eis no reason for the police not to stop someone going that speed.
Yet a more realistic system in NFS would be greatly welcome

alex13
07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
lol yeas, sounds like some one givin it the ole bs! not only that but they can easily track vehicles going that speed with a helicopter, , ther eis no reason for the police not to stop someone going that speed.
Yet a more realistic system in NFS would be greatly welcome

LOL , a helicopter ??? IN CYPRUS ??? FOR A SPEEDING SUSPECT ??? youre kidding me right ?? :D:D:D:D:D the police didnt raised a choper when they were searching for the russian mafia and you actualy think they will raise one for a speeding vehicle ????

Sinister
07-07-2006, 04:48 PM
its a ****ing game alex... games have some similarity to life.. however in games they do everything..

as long as opponents can be busted. and DNF the race.. then I'll be happy.. easy to win when you wreck AI into the path of cops.

NFS CHASER
07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Gamespot has tons of new info including gameplay videos, articles and a developer interview. In the interview at the very end the guy talks about the cops and says the cop expierence has been improved since MW and that they will be a bigger part of the storyline and he said that in a way the cops are even more important than in MW (technically they aren't going to be as physically important as in MW but that's why I said "in a way").

NFS CHASER
07-17-2006, 08:17 AM
If they reuse the heat level system, i hope the way things work are less strict and more open, like say you at heat lvl 1 and the local cops chase after but don't try very hard but the more bounty you get the harder and madder the cop get, so they would start trying harder and usung more tactics, and if your heat lvl escalates to lvl 2 then rather than all the local cops retreating back to base they would try a lot harder because they would realize your more of a threat and they would start driving faster and start using more tactics and along with the marked crown victoria cops as your bounty escalates some undercover cops may join the chase and so on. And if you crash into a traffic car and the driver calls the police rather than (lets pretend your heat lvl was 5 during your last pursuit) a corvette being there, since they don't know your a heat lvl 5 racer they would send out a local cop to investigate and if he recognises you then all of a sudden your bounty and heat lvl start raising rapidly and the local cop will start calling for backup and lots of sport cruisers and will alert all the local cops and undercover local cops in the nearby area that a heat lvl 5 racer is nearby. Or if EA puts in a new system they could make the difficulty of pursuits based entirely on your bounty and how much of it you have.

EDIT:I read that in some of the screenshots you can see a heat level meter. Hers a pic with the heat level meter circled: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4929/needforspeedcarbon20060712045237520tq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Killua
07-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Mmm... to me that doesn't look like a police heat meter.

I guess that's the engine temperature meter.

NFS CHASER
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Well an engine temperature meter probably wouldn't have a flame on it and why would it be around the map?

Killua
07-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Well an engine temperature meter probably wouldn't have a flame on it
Need For Speed: Undeground and Need For Speed: Undeground 2 had a little flame on a side of the rev meter (on drag races, I don't remember if Most Wanted had one too).

and why would it be around the map?
I dunno. EA is dumb.

Those are my thoughts, I'm not sure.

MSDN
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM

Yes, i know this is an old post. Anywho...

Screw us? You don't know how to drive squat. Your one of the best street racers? Street racing is illegal. Your comparing apples to bananas. Would you like it if your car went sideways, killed a dozen people, then crashes into the wall? Sure, in a game, theres no real simulation of you dying while going into the wall (or lamppost), sideways and your car crunching up into a little ball. Your not the best at anything, certainly not at spelling. But who is eh? You can't be the best in strret racing because there is no point to it. "WOOHOO IM DRIVING 200 MPH *crash, blood,death* If drifting is your passion, no offence, but you need to get a life. Everyone is good at drifting, because anyone can turn off ABS, and spin out. Drifting involves downshifting (with abs off) and turning your steering wheel, then turning it back, completing your oversteer type slide. isn't that sooo cool?

ECLIPSE 222
07-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Stop spaming pleas! anyways i love the movies and pictures of carbon dont you guys?

there is free roam right?

lambofreak100
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
ea isnt dumb do you know how to make a really cool game on nfs...probbably not.

Well EA sure doesn't know how to make a TRUE NFS game.

Similar to the fact you can't spell probably right, but that's just a different story.

ECLIPSE 222
07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
ok thats nice now there is free roam in carbon right?

ECLIPSE 222
07-17-2006, 04:21 PM
double post... crap wrong button

lambofreak100
07-17-2006, 04:27 PM
ok thats nice now there is free roam in carbon right?

Yeah there is, according to some articles mentionned and I believe some post above.

MuscleCarFreak
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I like the idea of Cops being in the game.... But I have to ask something, thats more than likely a stupid question.... I haven't read much into this new game coming out, but is the whole game gonig to be evolved around Drifting?

If so, I can't see myself buying this game.

In my opinion this game will more than likely finish the corruption of the NFS series. I thought after Most Wanted, EA was finally going back to it's roots... Exotics, Cops.... Of course the main story line was so far up the Tunerz World's ***, it made my nuts twitch.

Then what do I see? EA went from doing away with Drifting altogether, to having a game all about it? WTF?? I thank Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, for this shit. Might as well have 2.4L inline 4s and Supra engines in the muscle cars while they're at it... Might as well just go ahead and **** it up royally. They cant miss anything, might as well be perfect at being so damn retarded.

How is it, this site is supposed to be one of the biggest NFS follower sites, but yet, not one EA employee doesn't take us surious, and consider to at least spread our word to the money hungry bastards at EA?

NFS wasn't about fads. It was about taking high performance exotics and taking them to its limits unrealisticly in exotic fantasy locations... What is it with EA thinking to have the Need for Speed, we have to go Underground and basicly compare Muscle, Tuner, and exotic as one with performance????

I'd love to see the day a 2 ton Civic does 3 seconds in the quarter mile....
I'd love to see the day a Lamborghini drift to the front....
I'd love to see the day a Chevelle with a single fart can hit 140 in 6th gear... (No wait a second..... no I wouldn't)

I'm sorry but Need For Speed is an embarrassment anymore....

NFS CHASER
07-17-2006, 07:17 PM
It's 25 % about drifting. Or 25 % of the game is drifting, or something like that.

ECLIPSE 222
07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
i like the looks of carbon "ricer or not" its goin to be the next best thing in nfs so we should enjoy it because its goin to be a long long time befor another nfs game comes out.

Killua
07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
That little flame on the screenshot maybe is the heat meter, not the engine temperature.

I thought wrong... oh well.

ECLIPSE 222
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
yeah i thought that to

NFS CHASER
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Get a load of this new article. And it gives some more info about the cops towards the end.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=143013&vid=disable

ECLIPSE 222
07-18-2006, 03:30 PM
look at the 7th picture the challenger in goin off the cliff!

jc62393
07-23-2006, 08:13 PM
i hope the cops wont be as fast as a gallardo, in Mw(mostwanted)you can have a mcclaren with all performance parts and the cops could catch up with or even pass you.

TargaGuy
08-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Cops...well I just hope they still have heat levels, but use Crown Victorias for Heat 1 & 2 instead of some made-up model.

osa_mah91
08-30-2006, 04:27 PM
for reality, id prefer :

Heat Level 1: 1991 Chevrolet caprice classic
Heat Level 2: 2007 Crown victoria
Heat Level 3: Chevrolet lumina SS and/or Infiniti G35 Coupe
Heat Level 4: Ford Mustang GT
Heat Level 4 (SUV): Jeep Cheroke
Heat Level 5: Lamorghini Gallardo
Heat Level 5 (SUV): Hummer H2

im only saying this cuz i actually seen cop editions of these cars.

codespyder
08-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Heat Level 5 (SUV): Hummer H2

Seems kind of stupid. Those things are huge and don't go very fast, no matter how much you upgrade it.

osa_mah91
08-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Seems kind of stupid. Those things are huge and don't go very fast, no matter how much you upgrade it.

i know but if a crown victoria can go past a carrera gt, y cant H2z go and any way the in MW, SUVz come from the front to ram the car so it dosen't matter, besides H2 looks cool

Diablo
08-31-2006, 12:09 PM
The cops are RICED. I've seen the gameplay videos.

PH34R
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Cops...well I just hope they still have heat levels, but use Crown Victorias for Heat 1 & 2 instead of some made-up model.

They should use something thats also a car you can buy and/or drive in career mode IMO. Makes a bit more sense.

osa_mah91
09-01-2006, 07:20 AM
The cops are RICED. I've seen the gameplay videos.

send some screen shots i have a slow dial up net i cant see the VDO

osa_mah91
09-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Over at 1UP, you can find a new interview (preview) on Need For Speed Carbon, the interview doesnt add any new info, however, you can find some small amount of info about the cops:

Quote:

What about the cop stuff then? If you played Most Wanted through to the end, you'll no doubt be groaning about the prospect of having to endure more of its crazy pursuit mode. Early on in the game it was perfectly reasonable, but as you worked your way up to the top rank challenges, the expectations the game made were just insane. Anthony assures us that it's been toned down considerably for Carbon, but "it's the same basic structure, with the same way of tracking your 'heat' as in Most Wanted." Although not in the demo we saw, he told us that you'll be pursued by the same types of cop cars this time (basic squad cars, through GTO's and SUVs, all the way up to Corvette pursuit vehicles) but that the challenges "aren't as crazy." Let's hope he's serious.
--------------------------
got this info 4rm www.nfsunlimited.net

apocylypzboi
09-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I heard somewhere that someone saw a screenshot in Carbon with a cop in it. Can anyone post a screenshot with the cops in it cus I really want to see what they are going to look like this time.

Finraziel
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Toned down?? Toned DOWN?! ah dammit :( finally a tiny bit of a challenge comes, and people whine and complain and it has to be "toned down"... bah...
They should at least make a difficulty switch or something for those that actually have some skills and DO want to be challenged by the police...
Bunch of wimps at 1UP I guess...

Texhnolith
09-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Didnt feel toned down to me. but i only got cops after me one time. So only the first wave of cops.. Think i ended up wrecking 14 and total nr on my *** was 25 in the end.

Finraziel
09-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Well if they would have even toned down the first wave of cops that'd just be silly... It's hard to NOT lose the first few heat levels in MW, I usually try not to let my heat level drop too low because it'll annoy me to have to lead the cops behind me without losing them until they finally bring out the bigger guns...
Probably wont be able to tell how much they crippled the police force until heat 4 or 5.

Zpectre
09-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Toned down?? Toned DOWN?! ah dammit :( finally a tiny bit of a challenge comes, and people whine and complain and it has to be "toned down"... bah...
They should at least make a difficulty switch or something for those that actually have some skills and DO want to be challenged by the police...
Bunch of wimps at 1UP I guess...

I agree with you. But they listened to the average 13-year-olds...

osa_mah91
09-02-2006, 04:09 PM
hey checked a site,, it says carbon carlist part 2 coming... NEXT WEEK.......... man im excited

codespyder
09-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Why not try linking instead of saying "I checked a site"?

funny guy
09-02-2006, 07:37 PM
thursday to be exact, it's on the EA boards.

NFS CHASER
09-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Why'd they have to stick crown vics on the lowest heat lvl again? It should be You start out just being chased by low skilled crown vics, and then as the heat lvls progress, the crown vics start getting smarter and faster then eventually sport cruisers will start to join the chase along with crown vics and as you get higher heat more sport cruisers participate along with the crown vics.

Technically that'd be realistic, where BOTH crown vics and sport cruisers chase you at the same time.

codespyder
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Good point. I can't honestly remember the last time when a fugitive was pursued by 30 Corvettes down the highway...

funny guy
09-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I was once. On my skateboard. In taiwan. (i just lied)

I want the police gallardo in NFS C.

apocylypzboi
09-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I heard somewhere that there will be the same types of police cars in carbon as there were in Most wanted (GTOs, Vettes.) is this true?

PH34R
09-14-2006, 03:05 PM
I was once. On my skateboard. In taiwan. (i just lied)

I want the police gallardo in NFS C.

Damn mayn, howd you get away? I got pinned down literally by 5 bilien Corvettes. I got off bekause of a conspearicy theory. lololololol!!!!!11

maybe they should have city limits, where if you cross a specific area, those cops fade away from the chase quickly, and a wave of the region's cops take over. Even if the map isnt gonna show a big enough area, that would be kinda cool

MaXell Nitro
09-14-2006, 05:01 PM
or to be much acurate ,it could be 2 types: city police and interstate patrol ,eh?

osa_mah91
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
what eva' it iz hope itz 4 gud !!!!!!

Zpectre
09-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Why'd they have to stick crown vics on the lowest heat lvl again? It should be You start out just being chased by low skilled crown vics, and then as the heat lvls progress, the crown vics start getting smarter and faster then eventually sport cruisers will start to join the chase along with crown vics and as you get higher heat more sport cruisers participate along with the crown vics.

Technically that'd be realistic, where BOTH crown vics and sport cruisers chase you at the same time.

I agree with you. They should equip the police with Chargers/Mustangs/Corvettes, Lambo and Porsche, maybe even Ford Expedition SUVs.

NFS CHASER
09-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Like I said on every Heat Level there should be Crown Victorias or Caprices or whatever chasing you except the higher the heat level the faster, smarter and the more intelligent the Crown Vics are. Plus sport cruisers, helicopters, better tactics etc.

apocylypzboi
09-17-2006, 08:19 AM
HEY I FINALLY SAW A POLICE CAR!!!! IN the interview with Emmanulle that was just released!!!
http://www.easports.com/downloads/eagames/nfs/carbon/_mov/nfsc_emmanuelle_int_big.mov

about half way through , just after they show her acting in the green screen, it shows a shot of all these cars and everybody running around, and i think straight ahead in tehe background there was a GTO police car, with the same vinyl as in MW-----check it out

Jesseeast
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I hope they are better then NFS MW and like act more like they're real cops and dont crash every second lol.