View Full Version : Autosculpt™: what are you thinking it will be?

NaBUru
06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Apparently the users will be abled to design their own bodykits and spoilers. Will it be good enough to be more creative than in previous games, or it will be poorly implemented and too restrictive? Are the customisers going to make rice even worse, or they will actually design amazing tuners?

Gangster007
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Well there is more than one answear that i can choose.
In one way it will be cool to have this tool u'llbe able to make unic design of cars, in the other way i'm sick of this rice cars i prefer that ea will develop complete car design tool it should call NFS SDK. THAT will be COOL. I don't want to wait anymore to someone to crack the files. Car design will be much easier... Theye should learn from Valve (source SDK)
BUT it leads for the third option that i could choose EA cares only about the money and theye dont give a shit about our opinion....
So oi choosed the fourth option :) NFS rocks!!

PH34R
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I think this is to make up for the crap avaliable in the game. But lets hope its true to its word, and lets you control your team any way you want. That would be cool, at least you can see ricer paintjobs on your car when you smash them :P:D

SLP Firehawk
06-30-2006, 04:42 PM
will be intresting to see how it turns out... could have the potential to turn out some very nice designs, or it could just be the fact that we get to customize the bumpers again, so it is to early to say anything

Sinister
06-30-2006, 05:21 PM
why noy forget about the autosculpting and design a decent game instead, the playability is a bit more important than visual customization.. unless you're a noob who likes gay rice.

Mr.Ramos
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM
why noy forget about the autosculpting and design a decent game instead, the playability is a bit more important than visual customization.. unless you're a noob who likes gay rice.

I agree, this is something EA should focus on a little more.

lambofreak100
06-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I agree, this is something EA should focus on a little more.

But does EA care? No! All they want to do is to make games in their point of view. What they want, just for the money.

Man, Redwood City, here I come...to kill.

Sinister
06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
btw, lambo- the "99.99% of the members here are nooblets, copy this into your signature if you're the .01% that can't stand them" quote.. in your sig. is invalid for you to use... apparently you hav't realized you're one of the 99.99%.

@Ramos
yeah, remove rice add quality to detail of cars, and tracks, and gameplay, physics, weather, dynamics, etc.. imagine how much of the game would be better if EA wasnt so ****ing focused on a shit part of the game such as visual customization.

Mr.Ramos
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
@Ramos yeah, remove rice add quality to detail of cars, and tracks, and gameplay, physics, weather, dynamics, etc.. imagine how much of the game would be better if EA wasnt so ****ing focused on a shit part of the game such as visual customization.

Yes it would be much better, and the car detail is something taht EA has never been really great at, I've heard some say who have converted meshes from NFS7 and 8 that the meshes are inaccurate and have modeled better cars.

Rackharrow
06-30-2006, 07:26 PM
@Sin: I agree: Focus more on detail/less on the effing rice factor. Seems, however, that they are bloody intent on making sure that the whole point of this game is the ricers' haven of nighttime and screwed up cars because of 12 year olds using autosculpt. EA sold out. TDU wins this round by a mile.
Of course, if you can use autosculpt to permanently alter bodykits in your game, I'd make sure I never meet a riced car again.
And Ramos is right. The S2000 and Subaru meshes were bad, from both the undergrounds. People have definately modeled better. Scratch built cars are always better than EA's crap (scratch built cars by those who know what they're doing.)

Sinister
06-30-2006, 09:05 PM
please burn rice when you see it on the roads.. take pictures... any burning rice MUST be submitted to me. as long as its your picture.

and yeah.. if EA left out the visual modding, worked on the base car design, got the tracks a little more open world, and have a few more buildings to fly through., a better career mode where you're actually helping to develop the plot with your choices rather than being such a linear game... and leave it as day racing not this punk *** gay night underground shit. then the game may have a chance. hell I doubt even the hottest women in the world stripping as the games intro, would be enough to make the rice worth while.

PH34R
06-30-2006, 09:21 PM
btw, lambo- the "99.99% of the members here are nooblets, copy this into your signature if you're the .01% that can't stand them" quote.. in your sig. is invalid for you to use... apparently you hav't realized you're one of the 99.99%.

@Ramos
yeah, remove rice add quality to detail of cars, and tracks, and gameplay, physics, weather, dynamics, etc.. imagine how much of the game would be better if EA wasnt so ****ing focused on a shit part of the game such as visual customization.

heh, least Lambofreak wont be ricerboy. No need to be that harsh on him

Sinister
06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
who's being harsh?

harsh would be . . .
(do i really need to actually put some violent method of torture here?)

Martin N
06-30-2006, 09:38 PM
ooo ooo pick me daddy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1650000/images/_1653937_ricefire150ap.jpg
It's not mine but it works.

rosk
07-01-2006, 02:31 AM
@sin oh hereis one :))
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4153/murcielago200404070030ub.th.jpg (http://img314.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murcielago200404070030ub.jpg)

RedTwentyFour
07-01-2006, 02:37 AM
(scratch built cars by those who know what they're doing.)

*Raises Hand*

...that ea will develop complete car design tool it should call NFS SDK. THAT will be COOL. I don't want to wait anymore to someone to crack the files. Car design will be much easier... Theye should learn from Valve (source SDK)

are you even aware of the costs of that?
it could happen that EA needs to pay EVERY car company's licenses, because it all runs under their **** when they make a sdk to implement cars into the game.

Dr.DooM
07-01-2006, 04:26 AM
wtf rosk, a lamborghini murcielago is not rice!
noob - plus if you were being sarcastic, it wasnt funny
However this autosculpt thing probably means EA is doing away with the whole, "this body kit is better so it is worth more style points" :D no more style points, me thinks!

NFS CHASER
07-01-2006, 05:08 AM
If your worried about the gameplay, after reading the Game Informer article, it looks like the gameplay is gonna rock!

lambofreak100
07-01-2006, 08:07 AM
@sin oh hereis one :))
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/4153/murcielago200404070030ub.th.jpg (http://img314.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murcielago200404070030ub.jpg)

Didn't sin say it has to be YOUR pictures, not from the internet?

Zpectre
07-01-2006, 12:04 PM
ROFL just think of the abominations which will roam online mode... It will be certainly very funny to watch. But self-designed bodykits open possibilities to mimic decent IRL ones.

Anyway, what I really enjoy is to play the game. EA should remember this is no Mario Paint (which was a game from the SNES in which you merely painted and drawed things based on the Mario universe), but a racing game. I hate wasting time with superfluous stuff and cumbersome menus (this applies to every EA game including their EA Sports division). NFSMW was great, and they should've improved that instead of presenting a new feature whose only purpose is to attempt to rehash Underground.

Martin N
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Hopefully there can be an expert mode where you can move and create individual vertices, and import 3D files from major programs. It could be said just for the body...but through a little hack you could create new cars. ;)

funny guy
07-01-2006, 01:09 PM
ROFL just think of the abominations which will roam online mode... It will be certainly very funny to watch. But self-designed bodykits open possibilities to mimic decent IRL ones.

LOL...maybe a "ugliest autosculpt bodykit and spoiler" contest will come up when carbon releases. Don't you mean ALMS? IRL is indy racing league. Autosculpt looks fun.. but i hope ea designers will put in better gameplay.

drifter112
07-01-2006, 01:15 PM
an interesting idea if we really can "sculpt" our own bodykits without the rice

kurdo_kolene
07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
People have definately modeled better. Scratch built cars are always better than EA's crap (scratch built cars by those who know what they're doing.)
Maybe so, but let's not forget that the modellers at EA don't spend so much time on the cars as some of the modellers here. And another thing. When your hobby becomes your job , you stop caring so much about detail.

And about Autosculpt- i'd be glad if we could make the cars look like their race versions. Otherwise i see no point in it except to produce deformed mishapen cars that would look like something that came out from a Picasso painting (no offense to Picasso's art intended).

NaBUru
07-02-2006, 06:11 AM
With "IRL" he meant "real life"; however, IRL means "in real life", so the sentence goes "but self-designed bodykits open possibilities to mimic decent in real life ones".

Sinister
07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
imagine some "sculpted" bodykits that are 12 feet wide, have 40 foot long front bumper, and a 20 foot tall spoiler on the rear end. add rice headlights, taillights, noobdoors, rims to get ****ed up etc. sculpting will be the new definition of rice.

"hey look i sculpted my rice on my civic to look like something that came out of the results of a tornado through a trailer park"

what the **** is EA thinking with such shit... Forget the bodykits and everything else, get the bodies to look good... all we need is decent looking cars with a selection of paint, .keep EVERYTHING else stock.

Dr.DooM
07-02-2006, 12:32 PM
sin, we both know our (individual ideas ,mine being NFS 2 REMADE ) ideals will never be listened to by the infamously thick EA corp, but one can dream, personally im goin to keep my eyes planted firmly on the Prince Of Persia, much more fun than NFS. At Least the only kind of rice in that is grainy and generally found in bags, which however turn into sand when slashed with a sword ? wtf any hoo, PGR2 is a good game, shame its not for PC :angry:

Sinister
07-02-2006, 12:49 PM
At Least the only kind of rice in that is grainy and generally found in bags, which however turn into sand when slashed with a sword
rofl...

speaking of which is there a pop4 coming out? i've played 2 and 3.. and i'd really like it if there was a 4th... they just need to modify the fighting style a bit more again..

Dr.DooM
07-02-2006, 12:57 PM
yeah they even kept the same moves in the 3rd one as they had in the 2nd, which is a shame, though the fighting was harder and more ingenious with the whole speed killing, i like that, a lot!

Sinister
07-02-2006, 01:07 PM
yeah, but i dunno, there's something missing in the fighting style.

Dr.DooM
07-02-2006, 01:33 PM
the fact that its too easy :P

Sinister
07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah thats it.

Rally Master
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
omg phail! no more of that ricing bs...it's like overclocking ur pc without gaining performance!

alex13
07-03-2006, 04:36 AM
Sorry to break the fun but autosculp is a "tool" used in MotoGP 2 and MotoGP 3 , its just a 5h1t that lets you move the stickers and put them where ever you want... like you write yamaha and you want to stick it on the fender you just drag and drop... Duh!!!!

NFS CHASER
07-03-2006, 04:57 AM
You use sliders in NFS:C to morph the look of the bodyparts idiot. First of all, EA didn't even make MotoGP. Second of all if Game Informer and/or EA lied about autosculpt, that would result in many lawsuits and them being sued. They wouldn't want that now would they? So seriously quit giving me and other people a bunch of BS.

Dr.DooM
07-03-2006, 05:49 AM
what a total r**g piece, seriously this autosculpt better be good, or im not goina buy this game.

alex13
07-03-2006, 05:53 AM
i know ea didnt make motoGP i just want to tell you that if the autosculpt from motoGP is the same one with EA then it will be just moving sticker around... i didnt say that carbon will just move stickers. dont open ur mouth if you dont understand what im saying

NFS CHASER
07-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Your like:"I hate to break it to you but this is what autosculpt is.............a piece of sh**..................Duh!!

Basically you were saying that's what autosculpt is. I understand what your saying but the way you stated it made it sound like it was a fact, not a suggestion or an idea etc.

NaBUru
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Just thinking: if you don't want anyof the last three NFS games, why don't you play TOCA or Project Gotham Racing? Especially the last one, it seems very similar to the early NFS releases regarding track and car choice.

You shouldn't play a game because of its name ("I hate but it's NFS, so I'll play it anyway") but because of its content and feeling.

Sinister
07-06-2006, 09:34 AM
MW wasnt sooo bad.. its the undergrounds with that OVER RICE feeling.. its the same as Carbon will be... however, at least carbon wont be Superrice.. it'll be Make your own ugly bodykit.

Killua
07-06-2006, 03:31 PM
I wonder why EA puts crap like Autosculpt in game, when with that free space they can put more cars or make them more realistic... (preferably the last feature).

Sinister
07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
to EA, design is more important than gameplay it seems

alex13
07-07-2006, 03:01 AM
guess EA got tired of making bodykits. Says like , you gamer think you can make a better bodykit than us , prove it!!! And belive me , not anyone can make his own bodykit... and btw this will be THE NR. 1 tool for ricers...
in a few weeks after carbon will be realesed you will see more rice that both underground and underground 2 together. lets see , a ricer would me able to make his 6 foot spoyler on a civic with top speed 180 km/h. A shark bodykit that looks like a crashed Lada and a see thru hood just like a sluts panty... PRICELESS

Sinister
07-07-2006, 10:06 AM
guess EA got tired of making bodykits. Says like , you gamer [gamers] think you can make a better bodykit than us , prove it!!! And belive [believe] me , not anyone [everyone] can make his own bodykit... and btw this will be THE NR. 1 tool for ricers...
in a few weeks after carbon will be realesed you will see more rice that both underground and underground 2 together. lets see , a ricer would me [be] able to make his 6 foot spoyler [spoiler] on a civic with top speed 180 km/h. A shark bodykit that looks like a crashed Lada and a see thru hood just like a sluts panty... PRICELESS

where to start....poor bastard makes it too easy for me.

more rice than ug1/2.. no.. at least in carbon it wont be doors, neons, spinners, hydraulics, lights, rearlights, roofscoops.

only bodykits.. which are going to look ugly anyways... if the autosculpt is anything like Im imagining it to be, there's gonna be a whole lotta ****ed up body kids... at least anyone who hates rice can make some of the uglies ones possible and post them up for the "and you want THIS shit on your car?.. " thread

alex13
07-07-2006, 01:33 PM
where to start....poor bastard makes it too easy for me.

more rice than ug1/2.. no.. at least in carbon it wont be doors, neons, spinners, hydraulics, lights, rearlights, roofscoops.

only bodykits.. which are going to look ugly anyways... if the autosculpt is anything like Im imagining it to be, there's gonna be a whole lotta ****ed up body kids... at least anyone who hates rice can make some of the uglies ones possible and post them up for the "and you want THIS shit on your car?.. " thread

will there be downloadable parts ?? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sinister
07-07-2006, 03:47 PM
apparently.

Killua
07-07-2006, 06:35 PM
apparently.
Ah ****.

I can't imagine go to the showrooms and see all those cars with... well, with shit.

lambofreak100
07-07-2006, 06:43 PM
apparently.

Dipshit... why do people HAVE to rice cars?!

At least I can go and bash some ricers when I have nothing else to say in these forums...*flexes muscles*

Sinister
07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
you what now? did you just call me dipshit?.. ballsy mother ****er :)

lambofreak100
07-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Not you, the ricers who rice their cars! :P

racer14
07-08-2006, 08:46 PM

@Ramos

Remember what i said before
Ea only cares about the popularity, that bieng Customizing (rice, i dont like that word)
if only they added a little survey at the bigginin of the game, asking whether you like contumizing japanease cars and street cars ect. or like exotics,mucles,stock cars ect

MaXell Nitro
07-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Ah ****.

I can't imagine go to the showrooms and see all those cars with... well, with shit.

well...the truest thing ever! :D cars + personal rice = cars with shit! :)
i like it!

Sinister
07-08-2006, 10:25 PM
so two different showrooms could work... the FagnRice showroom and the non-ricer showroom... the FNR showroom can be purged once a week.

MaXell Nitro
07-09-2006, 05:50 AM
or the FNR could be ,err ,forgoten? "dissqualified?or never been created?

Robbie Hanson
07-09-2006, 07:42 AM
You morons, haven't you figured it out? :P Maybe it'll be possible to build a new model of a car around the first one, in a slightly larger scale :P Instant-modding! :P

MaXell Nitro
07-09-2006, 09:33 PM
You morons, haven't you figured it out? :P Maybe it'll be possible to build a new model of a car around the first one, in a slightly larger scale :P Instant-modding! :P
lolameo!:rolleyes5
c'mon man ,"a new model of a car around the first one"?? that's a dumb thing u just said...
anyway ,i think Autosculpt is ,let's say "marketing"? i HOPE im wrong!

Killua
07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
well...the truest thing ever! :D cars + personal rice = cars with shit! :)
i like it!
Good thing that you agree with me. :grin2:

MaXell Nitro
07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
yup killua ,i hate rice! :D like all other 90% of nfs forum members! :)

darkicon
07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I think it would be awesome being able to design your own body kits.

Sinister
07-13-2006, 09:51 PM
seeing how the autosculpt works first hand.. i must say.. even though its ricing.. the concept of how they're doing it is neat.

slakey
07-14-2006, 07:55 PM
The makers of nfs: c are testing the audience to see what they can come up with and make and maybe they might get a shot at working on the next nfs game... you never know!!!

Brill Idea i say!

funny guy
07-14-2006, 07:58 PM
They said you can shrink, enlarge, and twist your body parts (On the car i mean, LOL)

MaXell Nitro
07-14-2006, 11:03 PM
and u where right funnyguy :D here's the movie. Enjoy!
-(seems interesting i must say...)-
http://www.nfsplanet.de/nfsc_movies.php?lang=eng

lambofreak100
07-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Wait...look closely. NFS Carbon is released September 6th, 2006???

Anyways, interesting for the fact they don't have bodykits anymore. So I GUESS it's a step in the right direction.

Nelson340
07-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Heh, at least we got blowers now.

But I'm not sure about rim twisting. (But thankfully there's still no rep. meter.)

MaXell Nitro
07-15-2006, 11:27 AM
yeah i saw it's going to be released in september 6th! for the rep meter...hmm iheard there is going to be one ,maybe it's not finished. i'm happy there are no bodykits and the tuning with this autosculpt is more "disscreet" ,no more valhalla spoiler ,mantis bodykit and all that freakin' ugly stuff! :)

Killua
07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow man, when I saw the blower on the Camaro I was like "Oh shit!?".

NFS CHASER
07-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Is that good or bad?:hat:

lambofreak100
07-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Is that good or bad?:hat:

If you don't put it on, good. If not, bad.

Anathema
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I think autosculpt will be a good thing.

Before, I found myself frustrated with body modifications that were just too off the wall... this will alow subtle changes when wanted, and more extreme where desired. I have a feeling that it does open the door to more ridiculous combinations, but for those of us who are more "purist" in taste, it will suit us well... from what I've seen so far.

My only fear is that they won't allow broad enough modificational degrees (within the 'decent' spectrum) and all of the cars are going to come out like Most Wanted's cars did, with most ppl all picking the same bodykit and spoiler... or in this case... the same degree or percentage of whatever... same size tailpipes, same design wheels, same body/hood configuration etc. just because it's the only one or two variations that look good.

I guess we'll see...

NFS CHASER
07-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Keep in mind that they aren't finished the game yet so they probably aren't finished with autosculpt either.

RedTwentyFour
07-28-2006, 03:39 AM
MW wasnt sooo bad.. its the undergrounds with that OVER RICE feeling.. its the same as Carbon will be... however, at least carbon wont be Superrice.. it'll be Make your own ugly bodykit.

a bodykit on a challanger :/

Sinister
07-28-2006, 05:22 AM
he's baaack. :evil:

and rick.. it would be better to only have the autosculpt on the crappy cars, as then you can just avoid them.. the muscle and exotics shouldnt even have the choice of bodykitting at all., no bodykits, no making ugly looking shit cars.

the sad part about it is the carbon showroom is going to be filled with hundreds of crappy custom designed bodykits.

funny guy
07-28-2006, 06:59 PM
the sad part about it is the carbon showroom is going to be filled with hundreds of crappy custom designed bodykits.
I'm really scared of that...I'm going to vomit alot more when the showroom for Carbon comes out here.:cry: all that good food goin for nothing..

killerkid21
07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Better get some eye protection ready while you're at it. You will need it

lambofreak100
07-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Better get some eye protection ready while you're at it. You will need it

I have them already, I've been keeping them ever since the autosculpt video comes out. Hope NFScars cooperates and not let me use those eye protective goggles :P

Sinister
07-28-2006, 10:32 PM
hopefully they have a setting option for "No Riced AI"

Max911
07-28-2006, 11:05 PM
I think it's an awesome idea. That means we can make, using real pics, techart and strosek bodykits. Not forgetting Nismo and Spoon :D No need to use EA's fugly bodykits!

jordoug
08-26-2006, 08:55 AM
I think Autosculpt is a great idea, here are some good videos of how it works.

http://www.nfs-planet.de/nfsc_movies.php?lang=eng

Watch videos 15 and 10, they show 2 different cars beig autosculpted.

Oh, sorry, it looks like someone already pointed these out.

stinge
08-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Hmmm...autosculpt. Sounds like an ingenius idea to show off your creativeness. BUT PREPARED to see more of this rice shit.

PH34R
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Selecting individual bumper and skirt pieces is a bittersweet issue. You can choose the best from each category, but itll lead to more ricer crap. And the modding you can do is limited, which will suck