View Full Version : Question on NFSCarbon

ipod5g
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
would by day circuits the Carbon???
UPPSS!!! Sorry for my english!!!

Sage
07-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I dought there will be day races. The trailer and gameplay video's were all at night.

Remko
07-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Nope, no daylight racing in Carbon, the article in Gameinformer clearly said: from dusk until dawn (from sunset to sunrise).

Hopefully there will be more variation in those night settings than the ones we've seen so far. It would be nice if it would be like some of the PSP NfsCarbon screens that I've seen so far, like this one: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/187/reviews/933688_20060707_screen003.jpg
(keep in mind that the PSP version is decidely different from the other platforms..)

Mr.Ramos
07-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Why don't EA just call it Underground 3?

NFS CHASER
07-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Well since the racing is from sunset to sunrise that means it may be possible to race at sunset and sunrise.

funny guy
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Why don't EA just call it Underground 3?

because there's goping to be alot of Porsches in it, like 10 porsches. One article said more like NFS 5. There's alot of other exotics in there too.

ipod5g
07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
EA I confirm it, now does not fulfill it.

This game is the NFSU3, but of the same one.

Very badly. :'( :'( :'(

SubyRS
07-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I can't take another night time only UG3 racer. I'm opting out of this one. See you all back when NFS11 is announced. Too bad, I was hoping NFS10 would be something special.

alex13
07-26-2006, 06:24 AM
i expected a special aniversery edition or somthing... like nfs 3 with better graphics and new cars and sounds...

codespyder
07-26-2006, 09:05 AM
I can't take another night time only UG3 racer. I'm opting out of this one. See you all back when NFS11 is announced. Too bad, I was hoping NFS10 would be something special.

Don't hold your breath. At this rate, NFS11 won't be much better.

Rackharrow
07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't hold your breath. At this rate, NFS11 won't be much better.

Do we even want a next NFS anymore? I personally want to take a shotgun and put it out of its misery. And continue with NFS4/5/6.

CLR-AMG
07-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Rackharrow's right. Leave the ricelovers to NFS, because there's always.....

Test Drive Unlimited.

Stupid EA, they think like: ok, they want more exotics so we give them more exotics. But they forgot all the time to take away the rice.

Ricochet
07-26-2006, 11:30 AM
If you're talking about coming back when ricing's finished in the NFS, never come back.

CLR-AMG
07-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, prolly they will see Tokyo Drift of FnF (me cleans my mouth fast) so EA has more rice to eat up damn..

ECLIPSE 222
08-04-2006, 05:30 PM
i may be a ricer but i am goin to love nfsc! :D :D :D

Rackharrow
08-04-2006, 07:51 PM
i may be a ricer but i am goin to love nfsc! :D :D :D
You ARE a ricer which is WHY you will enjoy NFSC.
And I've seen trailer of Tokyo Drift (:x). It's crap. And even cornier than the first two FnFs. Disgusting the way people buy into the idea of a drifting 911 Turbo.

Sinister
08-04-2006, 10:53 PM
FNF3 was only good for the fact of rice destruction, and sadly a viper as well.

ECLIPSE 222
08-05-2006, 12:27 PM
it was a sick movie and so will carbon but im not here to judge any ones opinion ok good :D

cl-r
08-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Sick as in good or bad?

ECLIPSE 222
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM
not good WONDERFUL :D :D :D :D :D :D

GM Lover
08-05-2006, 03:44 PM
not good WONDERFUL :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ugh....

You are a prime example of why NFS has tuning now. :|

Rackharrow
08-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Agreed. A fine example of why NFS died, as well. Street racing with performance "tuned" lambos and porsches? And we aren't even talking about Gemballa here.
This whole street racing concept killed it. Racing is meant to be done out on open roads, like NFS-6. Not friggin traffic infested streets like UGs.

NFS CHASER
08-06-2006, 05:24 AM
So no street racing and more open road racing? That is street racing my friend.

Open-Road racing is Street Racing because:
1.Your racing on a street/road
2.It's illegal
3.There's traffic
4.There's police
5.The same penaltys apply

All of NFS has been about Street Racing, so your meaning to tell me NFS3, 4, 5 (some courses had traffic and cops) and 6 all suck? All those game had Street Racing, it doesn't matter what you call it or where you do it. It's technically the same thing.

jp5077
08-06-2006, 06:20 AM
is that nfsc has cops?

Ricochet
08-06-2006, 06:36 AM
So no street racing and more open road racing? That is street racing my friend.

Open-Road racing is Street Racing because:
1.Your racing on a street/road
2.It's illegal
3.There's traffic
4.There's police
5.The same penaltys apply

All of NFS has been about Street Racing, so your meaning to tell me NFS3, 4, 5 (some courses had traffic and cops) and 6 all suck? All those game had Street Racing, it doesn't matter what you call it or where you do it. It's technically the same thing.
You know he's sort of right. Street-racing started since NFS3 but ricing started from 7, and so it's ricing you guys aren't liking, not street-racing, but NFS CHASER, 3-6 didn't have open road environments, they had either point-to-point or curcuit races with alternate routes and shortcuts leading to the same road but just a bit ahead, not taking a completely different road. But I don't see any problem in open-road environments, what is the problem in it?
is that nfsc has cops?
Yeah it'll have cops.

Rackharrow
08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Street racing is stuff like drifting, or racing circuits in cities through heavy traffic, narrow side roads, blah blah blah. Highway racing, on the other hand, takes you to a better level of speed. I much prefered the tracks of NFS2 through 6 over the stupid UG+ setup. Daylight didn't make the racing in MW much better, either.

Killua
08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Agreed too. I also agree with Rackharrow.

All this tuner shit is now part of the Need For Speed series, which it was originally dream supercars (and when I mean Dream Cars, it isn't your dream tuned Mustang, is a McLaren F1 or any stock car over the $100.000. Preferably an European car).

USA_Eugene1
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Why the hell ? Ye i agree, EA is just focusing tuning and rice shit now, which means some people will not buy more nfs games in the future if that doesnt change.

Ricochet
08-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Why the hell ? Ye i agree, EA is just focusing tuning and rice shit now, which means some people will not buy more nfs games in the future if that doesnt change.
Hellooo.... Anybody in your head? If less people were to buy NFS because of ricing, then ricing in the NFSs wouldn't be here by now, thereby it would result in at least no ricing in MW and C. But when EA saw that the Us have given them $$$ because of rice, they now thought of sticking to its style, ricing and tuning.

nucnik
08-08-2006, 05:41 AM
They should make a game based on older NFSs, and improve the graphics and car physics, but like GermanAuto93 said, they've sold themselves out... Instead of making a quality game, they're making games for the "ricer masses" and because of that I'm not even going to bother playing the "Carbon"... I've already stopped playing MW...

codespyder
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
At this stage of playing NFS, I really wish they made Forza, PGR3, or GT4 for PC. After NFS6, NFS just stopped proclaiming itself as a "driving simulator". Sad, really, because I don't know what else a driving game should be.

nucnik
08-08-2006, 01:07 PM
At this stage of playing NFS, I really wish they made Forza, PGR3, or GT4 for PC.

Me to... But now, I'm playing Toca 3 and I can't wait for the PC version of Test Drive Unlimited to come in October...
Why don't they rename the "Need for Speed" to NFR - "Need for Rice"...
That would be a great marketing move.. "Buy 2 NFR games and get a free 1 pound bag of rice for the perfect gaming experience..."

Ricochet
08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Or why not make its name FNF: The Game?

Brown Chaos
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Dont' worry, an actual FnF game is coming out.

Finraziel
08-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Man, no offense, but you people are full of it (or at least some of you...)
Sure, you can disagree with the direction NFS is taking, but it has nothing to do with ricing. Personally I love the arcade style it is in now. It may not be an exact driving sim, but guess what, I don't want an exact driving sim, I want a fun game, and that's what I'm getting. And I don't rice the cars I'm in, the only visual upgrades I use are paint, window tint, and just maybe rims (but usually keep those stock too)... and well, a spoiler or bodykit that is not too invasive simply to be able to tune downforce in MW.
So I'll definately be getting carbon, but I'm no ricer.
The things I do hope for are a better online play mode (it's rediculous how jittery the game gets online), better laprecord recording, and a ghost car.

Ricochet
08-09-2006, 04:17 AM
Dont' worry, an actual FnF game is coming out.
It already did though.

Blah_Head
08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
y r u people so afraidof ricing anyways? you DONT haveto rice your car in any of the games and racing without traffic and stuff is way easier than street racing with traffic but the AI is getting too easy to pwnzorz(like in MW)

nucnik
08-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Despite the fact that I could barely read your post, I have to say that you do have a point... Sort of... You see, all the time, energy and resources that went into developing the "rice factor" of the game could have been better spent making better graphics, more real overall in-game physics and so on... That's why we hate ricing so much (in the game at least)...

Ricochet
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Despite the fact that I could barely read your post, I have to say that you do have a point... Sort of... You see, all the time, energy and resources that went into developing the "rice factor" of the game could have been better spent making better graphics, more real overall in-game physics and so on... That's why we hate ricing so much (in the game at least)...
And get more car licenses from more exotic car companies, like Noble, Saleen, Saturn, etc.

PH34R
08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Saturn??!?! lol, unless youre referring to the Sky, there arent any cars from them worthy of NFS

Zpectre
08-10-2006, 11:52 AM
And get more car licenses from more exotic car companies, like Noble, Saleen, Saturn, etc.

Ops... :P

NFS has become the game for doing fantastic cars with your car (I mean the unrealistic maneuvers and police chases), but even although it accomplishes its goal, the things you do in the game still appear to be really fake. Tearing apart roadblocks in MW is fun, no doubt, but it also makes you feel you're in an amusement park instead of on a highway or on the streets of a large city. There are games (Driver, for example) where YOUR car is destroyed when you do that.

Besides, not every "street racer" customizes his car with hideous vinyls and bodykits. In fact, the people who are more into it pay attention to the performance of their cars, not flashy stuff. Leave vinyls and neons for the showcars only (and no, nothing's wrong with putting a neon underglow on a Lamborghini, as long as it creates a pleasant effect to the eyes).

funny guy
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
(and no, nothing's wrong with putting a neon underglow on a Lamborghini, as long as it creates a pleasant effect to the eyes).
I don't think it's possible to create a pleasing effect on the eyes w/ neon on a lambo..

Ricochet
08-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Saturn??!?! lol, unless youre referring to the Sky, there arent any cars from them worthy of NFS
Yeah I'm talking about the Saturn Sky RedLine only ;). But Saturn does have some more cool models too, but they may not be so good-performing :\.
I don't think it's possible to create a pleasing effect on the eyes w/ neon on a lambo..
Unless if the eyes are of a ricer :P.