View Full Version : NFS Carbon Idea.

TheMagicShow
09-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Okay well I have some idea that can be bought in a store. What they are is Run Flats. If you don't know what they are, they are tires that will still hold in the air for a x amount of punctures. So saying this, when cops put up rod blocks and spike strips, theres a certain amount of strips you can run over before you need to start worring.

damien123666
09-03-2006, 11:20 AM
id like for the car to take a little damage;
i.e.

breakable windows
body kits parts fall off

p.s. i dont want performance parts to take damage as it would make the game imposable with the cops

edit; what about the moving scenery and shadows

Texhnolith
09-03-2006, 11:34 AM
there is visual damage as scratches and breaking windows.
But thats about it.

TheMagicShow
09-03-2006, 11:50 AM
i
p.s. i dont want performance parts to take damage as it would make the game imposable with the cops

That would be boarin tho. Just always beating the cops in every chase. Gotta have a realistic side to the game.

damien123666
09-03-2006, 12:05 PM
think of it this way ur ecu/turbo/handling ****s up after a few cops hit u,wtf are u going to do then i think the spikes are enough.

but its everyones preference i suppose

codespyder
09-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Although it's unrealistic, the engine shouldn't be affected too much (unless rammed head on by a Rhino). However, the steering should be compromised, because it's still possible to escape with busted steering (albeit it requires some skill).

vyper676
09-03-2006, 02:41 PM
However, the steering should be compromised, because it's still possible to escape with busted steering (albeit it requires some skill).

Agreed. In addition to that, bringing back the idea to have to pay to fix your car back up would be great, reminiscient of High Stakes/Road Challenge. But then you'll have the idiots that whine and complain about how the game's too hard to beat and stuff.

The damage formula for High Stakes was great. With a bit of tweaking, it would do wonders in Carbon.

Finraziel
09-03-2006, 04:54 PM
This could be nice, but they'll never implement it considering they already said they'd tone down the cops because it was supposedly too hard...
It'd encourage using actual driving skill, but too many people would complain.

damien123666
09-04-2006, 02:02 AM
WHAT!!!

i prefer lv 5 cops over 1-4 as their to easy ive completed nfsmw 6times and in the last 5 times of playing ive never been busted ever the first time i played the game i got butted 2ice in the hole game

TargaGuy
09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
WHAT!!!

i prefer lv 5 cops over 1-4 as their to easy ive completed nfsmw 6times and in the last 5 times of playing ive never been busted ever the first time i played the game i got butted 2ice in the hole game

Level 5 is fun, is love kicking Cross's ***! I wish you could see the look on his face when he crashes and gets totaled!

Back to the wheels, that would be a good idea, but it would make the game more unrealistic, basically any tire will deflate if it hits anything that will puncture it, but it's a creative idea. EA would never do it though.