View Full Version : My NFSC Demo Review - PC Demo Screenys!

Revolution
09-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, I got my hands on a copy of the Carbon Demo, and I must say I'm impressed. The graphics on my aging PS2 are amazing for that console, and the sounds and ambience is just right. There are three cars to choose from in the demo. from the Exotic group there's that yellow and black Gallardo from the early screenshots, representing the Tuners there is a red EVO IX with white flame decals, and in the Muscle corner there is a blue 69 Camaro. Me being me, I chose the Evo, and was immediately in love with the Autosculpt feature. It is possible to create some absolutely stunning cars with this, and I can't wait to use the full thing in the real game. Autosculpting wheels is fantastic, I quickly turned tiny piddly things into deep, chunky 5-spokes.
Now to the racing. There are two races available at first, a circuit and a drift event. If you win both of them, you are able to take on some dude in a canyon race.
I chose the circuit first, and I found that the physics engine has been improved considerable since MW. It seems to be a fair bit more realistic, but still not a patch on stuff like GT4 or Toca (after all, it IS NFS :p).
I tried out the drift event next, but it wasn't that great. The drift physics make the car handle like its on ice, and for some reason the game automatically winds on opposite lock when you get its sideways. It had me overcorrecting all the time, with the car sliding around everywhere. Once you get used to it its alright, and it can pull off some really quite speccy drifts, but in my view the drifting in UG1 and UG2 was far superior.
I haven't got up to the Canyon Race yet, but I'll keep you posted.
By the way, I suppose you guys'll be wanting proofs, I'll photograph any part of the game you want for you (excepting the canyon race, I'm not up to it yet :D).

Overall, 8/10 so far.

EDIT: My Evo.
http://img140.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dscn4369km8.jpg
You cant change the graphics on it, only autoscuplt wheels, bodykit, wing and bonnet.

MurcielagoR-GT
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
That sounds pretty cool, especially what you can do to tune it, not the drifting, lol I'm waiting for it too:shocked2:

OZ
09-08-2006, 01:23 AM
so we are finaly allowed to make cars that doesn't look like complete crap?

MaXell Nitro
09-08-2006, 08:05 AM
NFS Planet has a full video about the whole demo. 19 mins and 160mb .avi or 22mb .wmv

nfslover101
09-09-2006, 03:22 AM
so we are finaly allowed to make cars that doesn't look like complete crap?

I agree, I only liked a few of the kits that EA had avalible, being able to make our own would be sweet.
________
JUGALLETTE (http://juggalos.org/)

philm1
09-09-2006, 07:06 AM
I agree, I only liked a few of the kits that EA had avalible, being able to make our own would be sweet.
Yea, VERY sweet, and we can also twist up the fugly body kits from MW to make them look good :P, and make the nice kits look even better!:D

BTW, Lancer, cool review.

Ricochet
09-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey Lancer Evolution did you find any cops in the demo?

jp5077
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
demo dont have cops, i watch the 20 minit gameplay video i din't see any cops.

Revolution
09-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Nope, I can confirm that the demo doesn't feature police, but there are a couple of Race Breakers to be found in the quick race if you look around for them.

Rich P
09-17-2006, 10:50 AM
holy hell those pics look so realistic. can you grab some pics of ingame?

Ricochet
09-17-2006, 10:51 AM
So how are the Pursuit Breakers?

Linkin
09-17-2006, 10:59 AM
About time we get another tuner game. I'm interested. :)

Ricochet
09-17-2006, 11:06 AM
About time we get another tuner game. I'm interested. :)
Um.. were you being sarcastic there?

Linkin
09-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Absolutely not. I loved being able to make unique cars, none of this "Choose one of 5 bodykit sets" that Most Wanted had. I had a hell of a lot more entertainment fooling around with customizing cars in depth like NFS Underground 2 then I did selecting a practically pre-built car in MW.

momaka
09-17-2006, 11:24 AM
The autosculpt looks pretty good, but from what I can see, the graphics are lower than in MW and I really hope that they are, so that my good old computer can play it. Also, I'd really love if the game had less bugs... MW sucked in that aspect.

Jesseeast
09-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Ill still get it, cars look alright...

GhostBR
09-17-2006, 11:59 AM
From what I can see, the graphics are lower than in MW and I really hope that they are, so that my good old computer can play it.

I really hope lower graphics in NFSC, so I can really play it (MY with 256 mb of ram = :( :( :( )

Finraziel
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't count on it... I'd be very surprised if system requirements were lower...

philm1
09-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, you got a point there Finraziel, it looks like a good and bad idea in some ways. If the req. was lower, it'd take less time for the game to start up, 'cause when I start up MW, it takes like what? 10 minutes to load. By the looks of it, my piece of crap PC won't be able to play Carbon....

Driv3r
09-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Good review Lancer. Just curious, where'd you pick up the demo?

philm1
09-17-2006, 03:14 PM
PS2 demo he said. I'm guessing he bought it. Probably only available for PAL consoles.

re.digitalized
09-17-2006, 03:37 PM
This game sounds very nice. I miss the drift modes from underground and underground 2. It was pure fun to slide by in an Integra by some other racers in multiplayer, or just to screw around with trying to make a perfect drift car. One question though, do you mean that the car actually counter-steers by itself? If so that would completely ruin the immersion for me, what type of car practically drifts by itself?

Also, what were the environments like? I absolutely loved the underground environment with bright city lights, compared to the gritty and decaying Most Wanted feeling.

Driv3r
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
PS2 demo he said. I'm guessing he bought it. Probably only available for PAL consoles.

I have a PS2, thats why I was asking ;)

Finraziel
09-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, you got a point there Finraziel, it looks like a good and bad idea in some ways. If the req. was lower, it'd take less time for the game to start up, 'cause when I start up MW, it takes like what? 10 minutes to load. By the looks of it, my piece of crap PC won't be able to play Carbon....
Yikes, you're kidding right? :o
I timed my pc, and it takes 20 seconds from the moment I double click the nfsmw icon, to the press enter message... including the intro vids, but hitting enter to skip them. My system is pretty fast, but I wouldn't expect it to really have that much of an impact on initial loading times (although I understand the 10 minutes is probably exagerated, but still), most time goes into checking the cd/dvd for the copy protection and the EA video that you can't skip.

Revolution
09-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Rich - I'll see what I can do for you.
GermanAuto - Eh.. the pursuit breakers are the same style as those in MW, see an obstacle, drive through it, watch a cutscene of the obstacle falling over/blowing up/whatever and then keep driving.
Linkin - I agree, I'm looking forwards to tuning some cars properly, too. The autosculpt feature is only gonna make this better, too.
re.digitalized - Yeah, in the demo at least the cars countersteer for you. Most unrealisitic. Of course, when you get the hang of it, you can pull off some astoundingly long and cool drifts, but it just doesn't feel right.
And the environments are very nice and immersive, especially the canyon races. The detail is rich, and the sounds and lighting make it great.

Heh, I'm buying a new graphics card and ram in order to play a bunch of new games coming out soon (TDU, NFSC... etc :))

momaka
09-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Yikes, you're kidding right? :o
I timed my pc, and it takes 20 seconds from the moment I double click the nfsmw icon, to the press enter message... including the intro vids, but hitting enter to skip them. My system is pretty fast, but I wouldn't expect it to really have that much of an impact on initial loading times (although I understand the 10 minutes is probably exagerated, but still), most time goes into checking the cd/dvd for the copy protection and the EA video that you can't skip.

dudes, we're not talking about loading times. We're talking about the game's frame rate and the way it runs/laggs. I'm saying that if the game is as resource demanding as MW, it will suck. MW had horrible resource demand for its graphics. The game could have been optimized so much better. Besides that, I experienced numerous memory leaks from the game, causing it to crash to the desktop.

philm1
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
@momaka Yea, you got a point there. Next to the time it takes for my PC to start MW, the worst part of it all is that it @#$%ing freezes a whole damn lot while gameplay, like everytime i hit the N2O key, FREEZE, then 10 seconds to nearly a minute later, it goes back to racing(regular or slow FPS). Oh, and loading times are a pain in the ***(real bad).10 minutes.:(

And I also can't start a new career, 'cause after like 15 minutes of loading, the dreaded desktop crash comes.

The Main Problem with the loading times could be is that I'm running an Intel Pentium 4(processor) and a Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420(Gfx card).

Finraziel
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Hmm, well, at least the last 3 NFS games all seemed not too well optimized to me, but for me MW actually runs better than U2... I couldn't run U2 at 1600x1200 comfortably but with MW it's no problem.
If you're serious about that stuff though philm1, I don't see how you can even play that. As for the cause, it sounds like you're really low on memory to me. The P4 probably shouldn't be much of a problem, and the graphics card would just make the game choppy, not exhibit those weird freezes.

Revolution
09-19-2006, 01:40 AM
and a Nvidia Geforce4 MX 420(Gfx card).
Thats may be your problem. I've got a GeForce4 440MX in this computer (soon to be replaced with a 256mb ATI Radeon when I swap that out from the other copmuter with a 512mb 6800GS ;)) and it runs U2 okay, doesn't look as nice, but still smooth.
Is your MX PCI or AGP? And how much RAM do you have?

philm1
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, teh GFX card's got 256Mb which meets the min req. but how do you find out if the card's PCI or AGP(I'm not that much a wizard with hardware)?

@Finraziel:Yea the game still runs, just loading times are a *****, and so is teh game FPS(it's not just game freezes).

Revolution
09-20-2006, 01:47 AM
Uhh, are you sure that the MX 420 has 256mb? That card's supposed to only have 64mb..
Maybe your system has 256mb RAM?
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4mx.html

philm1
09-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Alright, maybe the system has 256Mb, I'm not like a PC whiz yet. It's been 3 years since this crappy PC reached my doorstep in a box and I don't remember the specs(I didn't get to choose what I wanted on this thing).

Speed911
09-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Wtf? Cars counter sterr for you? that makes NO sense what so ever and I hope it ends up being an option to turn on and off

REBEL35SUSPECT
09-20-2006, 06:14 PM
the geforce4 mx420 had either 64mb or 128 i think nothing more

savidge
09-21-2006, 04:51 AM
My review of the demo:

3 Cars (Evo, Gallardo, Camaro), 3 Tracks, limited Autoscult possibilities.

Race 1: Roundcourse: Most Wanted reloaded, nothing really new, I still try to get behind this crew racing feature, so far Ive seen no effect as I activated it.

Race 2: Drift: You think youre good at it from NFSU and U2? Forget it. I needed some races to get behind it, steering isnt that sensible anymore. Also you really need more speed at the drifts. Quite hard at the beginning, but it makes fun once you know how to do it.

After you finished these 2 races successfully you are ready to face the canyon.

Race3: Canyon Race: Now that was fun. The enemy car was pretty fast, no mistakes allowed. Really liked it.

Overall: I guess Most Wanted was my final NFS game for the PS2. The Carbon demo really sucked belonging to graphics. The cars went ok, smooth 3d model. But the rest? Big pixels, motion blur only makes it worse. XBox360, here I come!

Ricochet
09-21-2006, 05:24 AM
My review of the demo:

3 Cars (Evo, Gallardo, Camaro), 3 Tracks, limited Autoscult possibilities.

Race 1: Roundcourse: Most Wanted reloaded, nothing really new, I still try to get behind this crew racing feature, so far Ive seen no effect as I activated it.

Race 2: Drift: You think youre good at it from NFSU and U2? Forget it. I needed some races to get behind it, steering isnt that sensible anymore. Also you really need more speed at the drifts. Quite hard at the beginning, but it makes fun once you know how to do it.

After you finished these 2 races successfully you are ready to face the canyon.

Race3: Canyon Race: Now that was fun. The enemy car was pretty fast, no mistakes allowed. Really liked it.

Overall: I guess Most Wanted was my final NFS game for the PS2. The Carbon demo really sucked belonging to graphics. The cars went ok, smooth 3d model. But the rest? Big pixels, motion blur only makes it worse. XBox360, here I come!

Thanks for pointing out the quality of the graphics, once the PS3 version comes out, I'll be the first customer to get my hands on it.

Revolution
09-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Wtf? Cars counter sterr for you? that makes NO sense what so ever and I hope it ends up being an option to turn on and off
Yup, they countersteer for you, at least in the demo. Hopefully it will be switchable, because it feels unnatural to have the game do it for you!

@philm1 - If the system has 256mb RAM and a 420MX, I would probably steer clear of Carbon for PC. You'd get better performance and graphics from the PS2 version methinks. I'm not sure whether Carbon would run on your PC, depending on the reqs.
Either that or upgrade, like I'm in the process of doing. Can be expensive, but the performance benefits can be great. I'm switching from a 256mb PowerColour Radeon 9550 to most probably a 512mb GeForce 6800GS. And a bunch of other goodies ;)

Ricochet
09-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Yup, they countersteer for you, at least in the demo. Hopefully it will be switchable, because it feels unnatural to have the game do it for you!

@philm1 - If the system has 256mb RAM and a 420MX, I would probably steer clear of Carbon for PC. You'd get better performance and graphics from the PS2 version methinks. I'm not sure whether Carbon would run on your PC, depending on the reqs.
Either that or upgrade, like I'm in the process of doing. Can be expensive, but the performance benefits can be great. I'm switching from a 256mb PowerColour Radeon 9550 to most probably a 512mb GeForce 6800GS. And a bunch of other goodies ;)
How are the graphics of the PS2 version compared to the 360s or PCs (I know the PS3's will be better of course cause it is the successor of the PS2)?

PH34R
09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
I think they want you to know the fine art of adjusting your steering angle, gas, brake, etc. But what bothers me equally is the use of N20 in drift, even if you need speed to drift. Its just not really making too much sense.

Power^Steer|nG
09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
well, about the drifting....i found nfs:hs car drifsts most of all..they look real anyway...at least i think so :D, in UG n UG2, the car doesnt drift/slips on turns as it is supposed to be...u cant even use the damn handbrake to slip it and go on...it gets into the side borders...dunno about MW and Carbon as I havent played them yet.

philm1
09-21-2006, 04:10 PM
@Lancer Well I'm gonna try the PC demo when it comes out, if the sys req isn'tldemanding as hell, but when the actual game comes out, I'm getting it for PS2, just so I don't spend too much $$$ in 1 month for a 360 :P.

Revolution
09-22-2006, 02:24 AM
How are the graphics of the PS2 version compared to the 360s or PCs (I know the PS3's will be better of course cause it is the successor of the PS2)?
Average for a modern day game.
Outstanding for a PS2 game.
Basically, if you want fantastic graphics, the PS2 version is not for you. Its got very nice graphics for a PS2 game, but thats not really saying much these days. 360 graphics or high-end PC graphics are much nicer.

Ricochet
09-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Average for a modern day game.
Outstanding for a PS2 game.
Basically, if you want fantastic graphics, the PS2 version is not for you. Its got very nice graphics for a PS2 game, but thats not really saying much these days. 360 graphics or high-end PC graphics are much nicer.
Not to mention the PS3 version's ;).

KnightRider
09-22-2006, 04:07 PM
lancer where did you get your demo disc from the latest playstation magazine?

savidge
09-22-2006, 07:09 PM

At first I thought my PS2 controller didnt worked properly. Then I thought I had a problem with my eyes, because I couldnt believe it. I really hope that "auto-countersteer" can be disabled. It feels very strange. OK, you can get behind the concept of this and still win, but it feels some kind of wrong.

BTW, the demo from the OPM has a 10 minute timelimit. As long as you dont autoscult your car its possible to finish all the races.

Blah_Head
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
The official PC system requirements for Need for Speed Carbon are the following:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32-bit Version) orWindows 2000 Service Pack 4
CPU: 1.7 GHz or better
Ram: 1GB
DVD drive: 8x or faster DVD drive (Europe, CD drive for north america).
Disk space: 3 GB or mehr
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Supported additional controllers
Logitech Rumblepad
Logitech Dual Action
Xbox 360 Wired Controller
Logitech Momo Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

Graphics card with 64MB or more ram with the following gpu
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4200
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4400
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4600
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4800
NVIDIA GeForce FX Series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
NVIDIA GeForce 6800
NVIDIA GeForce 7300
NVIDIA GeForce 7600
NVIDIA GeForce 7800
NVIDIA GeForce 7900
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 9000
ATI Radeon 9100
ATI Radeon 9200
ATI Radeon 9500
ATI Radeon 9550
ATI Radeon 9600
ATI Radeon 9700
ATI Radeon 9800
ATI Radeon X300
ATI Radeon X550
ATI Radeon X600
ATI Radeon X700
ATI Radeon X800
ATI Radeon X850
ATI Radeon X1300
ATI Radeon X1600
ATI Radeon X1800
ATI Radeon X1900
Supported resolutions: 640x480 / 800x600 / 1024x768 / 1280x1024 / 1600x1200
NVIDIA GeForce MX-Series not supported
from nfsunlimited

and that's the system requirements

codespyder
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
You could just try posting the link...

I think counter-steer may be a nice touch to make the game more realistic. It would definitely make the Canyon races more difficult, and probably more frustrating at the higher difficulty levels.

SubyRS
10-16-2006, 11:12 AM
I hate to bust any bubbles, but the demo review here sounds like a different game than the "official" x360 demo released already, which thousands are playing and commenting on. It doesn't look good at all. I doubt a PS2 version demo could be any different or better than this latest demo. An overwhelming "this game sucks" rating is being given to it and it is likened to a "cerial box" game.

http://forums.xbox.com/565/ShowForum.aspx

See for yourself how the demo is being reviewed.

GT5
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
wow..im buying this game no question about it!...what kind of tracks were there and is there a free roam??

GT5
10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
NVIDIA GeForce MX-Series not supported

OH HELL NO!!! I have a G Force4 MX 4000!
that sucks carbon fiber *** on a stick...:(

Diablo
10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
I played the full game @ the digitallife convention in Manhattan. They had it on the Wii and 360.

Revolution
10-17-2006, 01:37 AM
I hate to bust any bubbles, but the demo review here sounds like a different game than the "official" x360 demo released already, which thousands are playing and commenting on. It doesn't look good at all. I doubt a PS2 version demo could be any different or better than this latest demo. An overwhelming "this game sucks" rating is being given to it and it is likened to a "cerial box" game.

I'm sure the PS2 version probably wasn't very different to the X360 version, but I personally enjoyed it, so I rate it fairly highly as far as a PS2 demo goes.
Oh, and going by those forum topics you posted, people's main complaints about the 360 demo were the physics, the graphics, and the drift mode.
I mentioned how I didn't like the drift mode, and I think I said something about the physics (arcadey, but NFS was never aiming for GTR-esque physics) and I've said how the graphics were average by today's standards but pretty good for a PS2 game.

SubyRS
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, what I read there was this.

We all know and have come to either like or at the very least be at ease with NFS physics. Nobody's looking for GTR or anything like that. Most of us play both kinds of racers anyway. But the bad thing that I read over and over is that the NFS physics are gone! Likening it to a cerial box game on several posts instead. Cars not even touching the ground.

The other thing was graphics that were a step backwards from MW. Why?

I personally have always liked the drift mode in UG1/2, but it sounds like the controls have been dummied.

Are they developing the game for the PSP first and then porting the it to other platforms? That's almost the way it sounds. Or have they not allocated enough programmers to the task of next-gen yearly sequels?

It just doesn't look good for the NFS franchise. It's the most successfull racing franchise in history. Are they telling us they are done with it?

I am hoping that my next OXM magazine will have a demo to try.

alex13
10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
anyone knows the realese date for the nfsc demo on xbox ? ? ?

Ricochet
10-21-2006, 09:37 AM

Helloooo... It's in an Xbox fansite, check a PS2 or PS3 fan site and you'll hear the opposite.

ECLIPSE 222
10-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I've got it, I've got it, its so sweet! i beat everything on the second try but dang that game is so sweet :D

Ricochet
10-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Did we ask you? Lancer Evolution said enough to describe the demo well in a good way, so we don't need your review.

funny guy
10-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Lancer: Are there any cop challenges?

Edit: nevermind.

GM Lover
10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Pffft. Fiuges the PS2 version will suck as thats the one Im getting. Jesus Christ, NFSHP2 graphics were better than MW.

Hey EA, put some effort into all the console games, not just the 360, Wii, and PS3.

Linkin
10-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Just snagged a copy of the xbox demo, I gotta admit I'm disappointed. The drifting is terrible, along with the circuit racing, but the canyon race reminded me of a police chase in NFS4. Tunnel vision ftw. :D

Ricochet
10-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Pffft. Fiuges the PS2 version will suck as thats the one Im getting. Jesus Christ, NFSHP2 graphics were better than MW.

Hey EA, put some effort into all the console games, not just the 360, Wii, and PS3.
Yeah I agree. The PS2 version of HP2 is IMO the best one in the whole series till now ;).

SubyRS
10-27-2006, 01:58 PM

No, they deffinitely were not. HP2 graphics on PS2 is grainy as all he[[. HP2 on PC is beautifull.

GM Lover
10-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Are you kidding? HP2 for the PS2 was 10X better than the PC version. And do you think MW for PS2 was better? They werent grainy, they were blurry and pixelized and, well, just plain shit.

SubyRS
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't know what you guys are smokin' but it's not doing your vision any good.

GM Lover
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I own both the PC version & the PS2 version. The PS2 version is better.

Linkin
10-27-2006, 06:16 PM
PS2 version is better indeed.

roadspike
10-27-2006, 06:39 PM
The ps2 version is better by far, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the pc version.

Revolution
10-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Just finished playing the PC demo. I must say its exactly the same as the other Carbon demos out, but it has the best graphics by far. Runs on full with 2x antialiasing okay for me, but I turned off AA and motion blur because it ran smoother here. Enjoy..
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4307/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-39-70.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-39-70.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6065/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-44-65.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-44-65.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5803/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-48-43.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-48-43.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1371/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-45-85.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-45-85.jpg)
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2222/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-14-55-81.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-14-55-81.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8860/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-04-59-85.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-04-59-85.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3297/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-16-01-35.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-16-01-35.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2426/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-20-64.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-20-64.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3518/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-53-50.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-53-50.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5912/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-57-96.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-57-96.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8678/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-13-62.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-13-62.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8228/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-00-43.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-00-43.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7417/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-30-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-30-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8486/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-44-68.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-44-68.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2620/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-43-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-43-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1191/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-32-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-32-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1656/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-10-33-10.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-10-33-10.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1847/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-46-98.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-46-98.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3838/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-56-21-10.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-56-21-10.jpg)

Linkin
10-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Specs please, Lancer. ;)

Revolution
10-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Pentium 4 3.06ghz HT Skt478
Leadtek Winfast A7600GT TDH AGP
512mb Single Channel RAM (soon to be upgraded mind you.. the weakest link of my system)
HDD - 120gb
Mobo - Gigabyte 8IG1000MK
PSU - Antec SmartPower 2.0 450W (I had to say that one because it and the vid card are 1 week old today :P)

Mike Henderson
10-27-2006, 09:29 PM
FYI, I have opened up the NFS Carbon showroom at NFSG. Feel free to upload pics of your cars :)

SLP Firehawk
10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
well... as soon as i get a new hard disk, i can tell you how well this new game runs on one of the most awful computers possible to run it on

AMD Athlon XP clocked at 2ghz
256mb ddr400 ram (400mhz fsb)
Visiontek Xstacy 9600XT

screens look good though, looking forward to recieveing a new ati 1950Pro among other things to be able to play it better

Ricochet
10-28-2006, 01:06 AM
No, they deffinitely were not. HP2 graphics on PS2 is grainy as all he[[. HP2 on PC is beautifull.
I bet you haven't even seen some screenshots of the PS2 version.

Just finished playing the PC demo. I must say its exactly the same as the other Carbon demos out, but it has the best graphics by far. Runs on full with 2x antialiasing okay for me, but I turned off AA and motion blur because it ran smoother here. Enjoy..
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4307/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-39-70.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-39-70.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6065/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-44-65.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-44-65.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5803/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-48-43.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-48-43.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1371/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-45-85.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-45-85.jpg)
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2222/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-14-55-81.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-14-55-81.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8860/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-04-59-85.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-04-59-85.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3297/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-16-01-35.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-16-01-35.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2426/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-20-64.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-20-64.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3518/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-53-50.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-53-50.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5912/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-57-96.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-57-96.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8678/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-13-62.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-08-13-62.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8228/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-00-43.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-07-00-43.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7417/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-30-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-05-30-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8486/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-44-68.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-11-44-68.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2620/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-43-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-43-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1191/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-32-37.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-54-32-37.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1656/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-10-33-10.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-10-33-10.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1847/nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-46-98.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2811-06-46-98.jpg) http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3838/nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-56-21-10.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfsc_demo2006-10-2810-56-21-10.jpg)

Hey Lancer could you show us some pics of you (or another car) falling off the cliff? :D.

SLP Firehawk
10-28-2006, 01:12 PM
got the demo installed, basically, lag is horrid on any setting, parts are chromed that shouldnt be and canyon and circut racing was rather fun if you could get past the lag. drift is awful, they shouldve left it off

supposedly drift should have an option to turn off countersteer, and the gfx are better in the final

HSVrules
10-28-2006, 04:13 PM
i don't get lag, what are you talkin about?

Revolution
10-28-2006, 06:08 PM
got the demo installed, basically, lag is horrid on any setting, parts are chromed that shouldnt be and canyon and circut racing was rather fun if you could get past the lag. drift is awful, they shouldve left it off

supposedly drift should have an option to turn off countersteer, and the gfx are better in the final
Well, there might just be a reason for that lag..

well... as soon as i get a new hard disk, i can tell you how well this new game runs on one of the most awful computers possible to run it on

AMD Athlon XP clocked at 2ghz
256mb ddr400 ram (400mhz fsb)
Visiontek Xstacy 9600XT

screens look good though, looking forward to recieveing a new ati 1950Pro among other things to be able to play it better

:\

SLP Firehawk
10-29-2006, 12:20 AM
yeah... i know that, but for the amount of detail it shouldnt be lagging. my computer runs flatout2 without a problem, which is the same detail if not more

so lag is a minus, a few others complained as well... and they have much better specs than I

Revolution
10-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey Lancer could you show us some pics of you (or another car) falling off the cliff? :D.

Its a dodgy one, but you can see the Lancer is airbourne and smashed through the guardrail.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8039/image1wo3.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image1wo3.jpg)

@SLP Firehawk - You need more RAM. Heh, I kinda do as well, 1gb dual channel soon hopefully.

Ricochet
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Awesome! :D

Revolution
10-30-2006, 06:15 AM
Well, as soon as arushan posted his hack for the demo unlocking new cars, I had to try it. So here you go. :)
Enjoy.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/281/nfscdemo200610302205239pe2.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302205239pe2.jpg)http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3351/nfscdemo200610302205434sg2.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302205434sg2.jpg)http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3697/nfscdemo200610302206100si5.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302206100si5.jpg)http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2092/nfscdemo200610302206242ej7.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302206242ej7.jpg)http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/820/nfscdemo200610302206577ns4.th.jpg (http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302206577ns4.jpg)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7361/nfscdemo200610302207227qc7.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302207227qc7.jpg)http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8530/nfscdemo200610302208084qu2.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302208084qu2.jpg)http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5717/nfscdemo200610302208490al5.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302208490al5.jpg)http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7835/nfscdemo200610302209057sc5.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302209057sc5.jpg)http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2899/nfscdemo200610302209231nk6.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302209231nk6.jpg)http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2917/nfscdemo200610302209346iv4.th.jpg (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302209346iv4.jpg)http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5687/nfscdemo200610302212080hc0.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302212080hc0.jpg)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5843/nfscdemo200610302212145jv5.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302212145jv5.jpg)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9968/nfscdemo200610302215525fc9.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302215525fc9.jpg)http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2208/nfscdemo200610302216148ih7.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302216148ih7.jpg)http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1916/nfscdemo200610302217463bx6.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302217463bx6.jpg)http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6461/nfscdemo200610302217566cb9.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nfscdemo200610302217566cb9.jpg)

Read about it here: http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18619

jstrok7
10-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Very nice screenshots lancer ! ;)

Ricochet
10-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Awesome pics man, and I must agree, the graphics are amazing.

SLP Firehawk
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
@SLP Firehawk - You need more RAM. Heh, I kinda do as well, 1gb dual channel soon hopefully.

O RLY? :P .. I know that, actually im getting the same upgrade, two 512MB sticks of ddr400

three options which really give a performance boost to the game are disabling motionblur, lowering shading detail level (not very noticeable), and disabling intro vid's (for beginning load times).

Tryed out the first Mazda 3 on the rival's list (right below mazda3 in the addons.ini) and loved it, really gives the feel of being involved in driving, having to row the gearbox and make turns with effort to get good performance out of it... now if only I had a G25 wheel with clutch and actual shifter to replace my momo racing wheel, esp since the controls include options to utilize a standard 6-speed setup and clutch

after starting the game 5 times or so, lag becomes less noticable.. so the game is becoming more fun except for the damn drift racing

vette
11-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Nope, I can confirm that the demo doesn't feature police, but there are a couple of Race Breakers to be found in the quick race if you look around for them.

i looked at the guide book at best buy and it shows all the maps and cars and it shows cop cars....crown vic and them jeeps from MW and a white vette and a black vette so guess there is cops

Revolution
11-01-2006, 03:34 AM
We all know that the full game has cops. :\

MurcielagoR-GT
11-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Wow, nice screenshots. Looks like Carbon will be a nice game 8)

vette
11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
ahh yea didnt see that he said demo..my bad:D

but to me this is the best NFS so far cant wait for it to come out:D

they put the new comaro thats coming out soon in there too..cant wait to try it out:D

mouzman
11-01-2006, 03:16 PM
ea is really dumb cuz they don't support widescreen i'll have 2 wait for a hack like i did for most wanted :( idiots