View Full Version : Ricers Paradise is finaly here...

alex13
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYVswB-gR8
no comments need to be added.
bye bye nfs. autosculpt is ricers paradise :\

Speed911
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
just now figuring this one out? :|

PH34R
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Will you please shut up about 'oh look, rice, drift, yay!!!!11'. We already know how ricey this game will be, and this video is not new.

alex13
09-12-2006, 02:46 PM
why they scrwewd up nfs so much :(:( i prefer playin nfs3 than underground or mw

PH34R
09-12-2006, 02:59 PM
why they scrwewd up nfs so much :(:( i prefer playin nfs3 than underground or mw

Yet you were the one saying something like 'Guys, back off, drift is the hot shit right here'

TargaGuy
09-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Old shit, lock it!

Ricochet
09-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Yet you were the one saying something like 'Guys, back off, drift is the hot shit right here'

He's just tryin to act like an anti-rice so he could hang out with the cool guys here...

HSVrules
09-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Dude, your really sad, you know that, you waltz in here sayin' "Oh l00k @t m3 c00l guyS, i d0n't like ric3, can i hang (h@ng) with j0u?" but you love rice, infact as i've observed your posts, you are a total n00b, so go hide in your little kiddie corne and play with your little matchbox cars with your oversized spoilers and wide-*** bodykits!

Bye bye, you just got owned my friend

lambofreak100
09-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Mega word...kthxdie

Ricochet
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Mega word...

@alex13: Please, this your mom diss applies to you: Your mom is so stupid she stares at an orange juice carton for 20 hours because it says, "Concentrate."

Make that 2.

Dude. That wasn't very nice...

lambofreak100
09-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Dude. That wasn't very nice...

Well ok maybe I gone too far, but you get my point.

REBEL35SUSPECT
09-21-2006, 04:17 AM
actually i think lambos comment was absolutely on the money

Ricochet
09-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Well ok maybe I gone too far, but you get my point.

Yes, I do get the point, but next time, not too harsh ;).

Dektra
09-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Over all yes it does look like it has more rice than suo tungs chinese restaraunt. however i do like the way of customising your car. with all the stretchy rotatable bits. makes cars truely unique, and very hard to replicate. i just hope there is another type of spoiler to put on the cars.

SuperStar
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Let's give a huge:evil: "WHO GIVES A F!@K,IT'S JUST A GAME."

FP
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Ummm ok. Its not just a game, its a shit game that just made me move away from the NFS series. Who in the hell drifts a Lambo or puts that ugly *** vinyl on them. Heck most of the game is crap.

Blah_Head
09-25-2006, 04:24 PM
all i could say is "sigh... everyone is always complianing about rice here"

Saleen
09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Damn, this is sad. The ricer complains about rice. Get a life alex13.

alex13
09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
think you guys did NOT got my point. when i said ricers paradise is finaly here i meant it like a carbon is screwed part. not the yey i love ricin lets go drift part. dindt got my point i juess

stinge
09-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, you need some English lessons.

Mad Dog Turahk
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
About rice: I'll let my sig do the talking. Same goes for bashing other members.

About the vid: 1.) Takes a long time to load. 2.) Clip is looking interesting. Like the drift and Autosculpt stuff. The Canyon stuff looks interesting as well.

Vette_C6
09-27-2006, 05:45 PM
wtf is every1s problem with rice

Nuts4Ford
09-27-2006, 06:05 PM
About rice: I'll let my sig do the talking. Same goes for bashing other members.

Being Asian, I dont find the term offensive to the Asian culture at all.

lambofreak100
09-27-2006, 07:39 PM

Same here, probably because I hate eating rice as well.

(sushi rice is an exception, but whatever)

Ricochet
09-27-2006, 08:36 PM
wtf is every1s problem with rice
The problem is, its annoying, disturbing, and ugly to us, would you like something thats annoying, disturbing and ugly to you?

Linkin
09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
"I hate the term "Rice". It's flaming the Asian cultures."

If calling an ugly car "Rice" is offensive to Asians, then is calling something easy a "Piece of cake" offensive to the Germans?

arushan
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
If calling an ugly car "Rice" is offensive to Asians, then is calling something easy a "Piece of cake" offensive to the Germans?

Hey! Leave the cake alone! :(

Dektra
09-28-2006, 12:46 AM
The problem is, its annoying, disturbing, and ugly to us, would you like something thats annoying, disturbing and ugly to you?

Did you ever consider things from a "Ricers" point of view. They believe that our cars lack expression and are just as damn ugly, annoying and disturbing as we think theirs are.

Ricochet
09-28-2006, 02:31 AM
Did you ever consider things from a "Ricers" point of view. They believe that our cars lack expression and are just as damn ugly, annoying and disturbing as we think theirs are.

Thats what makes them idiots ^^, no offense.

Linkin
09-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Thats what makes them idiots ^^, no offense.

Or does that make you an idiot?

Mad Dog Turahk
09-28-2006, 09:21 AM

Now I remember why I forgot to put the words "I think" in my sig.

Because it's my opinion. ;)

Nuts4Ford
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Curious though, are you even Asian? If not, don't be like one of those people who get offended by something that has nothing to do with them :)

PH34R
09-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Curious though, are you even Asian? If not, don't be like one of those people who get offended by something that has nothing to do with them :)

Exactly, Im asian, I should be one of the ones worrying, but it doesnt bother me one bit. I will even call fellow asians ricers if they are.

codespyder
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm Chinese and I'm not offended one bit.
As a matter of fact, riced cars make me laugh. IMO, they're the automotive equivalent of circus clowns.

funny guy
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't care if someone calls me a burger.

Killua
09-28-2006, 05:16 PM
As a matter of fact, riced cars make me laugh.
Sometimes I laugh at them too. Most of the time when I see riced cars I smile a little bit and see what things are "installed" on the car.

... Heh... I remembered that a couple of days ago I saw on the news the dangers of the street racing (or something like that), and there was a video that showed a riced Lada with neons and a loud flaming exhaust.

^
Kinda offtopic.

http://www.telecable.es/personales/forchetto/enlaces/lada%20tuning.jpg

Similar to this one.

Ricochet
09-29-2006, 06:46 AM
I laugh, but not loudly when I see a ricer. And sometimes when I spot one with a group a friends with me I pretend to point at the car to show them and laugh like HAHA, loud enough for the rice driver to hear, and he'd come pissed off :P.

eaglecars
09-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Make that a double bacon cheeseburger, or an Angus steak burger, and yeah, burger is nice. Reminds me of a certain Dodge billboard I saw some years ago...

I laugh when I hear an incredible amount of noise from a ricer, and the car barely accelerates. :)

Kuzuryusen
09-29-2006, 07:26 AM
I laugh, but not loudly when I see a ricer. And sometimes when I spot one with a group a friends with me I pretend to point at the car to show them and laugh like HAHA, loud enough for the rice driver to hear, and he'd come pissed off :P.

i like laughing at ricers but, that's too much anto rice sentiment on the site, give them a break, then start again.

Ray-Vigo
09-30-2006, 12:05 AM
If some of you guys spent as much time behind the wheel as you do complaining- you'd be regular Stirling Moss-es.

I'm not a fan of the Carbon previews and the "ricers" either- but if it's really THAT bad then just get a different game up and going. I hear Test Drive is supposed to be good.

And yes- it's foolish to dump money into ground effects and faux-tails for import sedans with not much in the way of guts. It doesn't matter how "fast" a car LOOKS if it's unable to perform. A car never took the checkered flag because it "looked like it could be fast".

Finraziel
09-30-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm just wondering, but, would you guys consider this car to be rice?
I just think this is really hot... nothing over the top, just nice custom work. It's one of the cars of the guy that does maintenance on my car (an old thing that looks nothing like this beauty). I don't know if he did anything performance wise, but then, he doesn't race it, just goes to shows with it as far as I know.
Oh I don't think it's 100% finished btw, for instance the doorhandle is white on the other side, guess he didn't find one for this side yet, but I just wondered if you guys considered this to be rice...
I do agree with laughing at cars that make a lot of noise but don't have the acceleration to back it up btw :D.

Vette_C6
10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
rice tastes good

Nuts4Ford
10-03-2006, 12:11 AM
1. If some of you guys spent as much time behind the wheel as you do complaining- you'd be regular Stirling Moss-es.

2. but if it's really THAT bad then just get a different game up and going. I hear Test Drive is supposed to be good.

1. Driving to and from work, Driving to and From class, Driving in and out of Town, Driving to go out with friends, and lets not forget my 3 hour long one way trips home. Yeah, I obviously don't spend much time behind the wheel.

2. Got it, Beat all Single Player, Got all the Cars, missing like 4 achievements.

And to Finraziel:
I would call that car being more tacky or gaudy (or other synonyms) than rice. If he were to put a wing on the back then that would bump it up to rice status.

alex13
10-05-2006, 05:06 AM
ok back to topic. why so much rice into carbon? i hoped that EA would make a 10 aniversery editon that would be like.... a NFS 3 with new cars and better graphics... EA i hate you

PH34R
10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
ok back to topic. why so much rice into carbon? i hoped that EA would make a 10 aniversery editon that would be like.... a NFS 3 with new cars and better graphics... EA i hate you

As mentioned before, stop being a hypocrite. Its people like you that make NFS so bad.

Also, its already past its 10th anniversary, and theres a Carbon Collectors Edition coming out anyways.

Nuts4Ford
10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
How? Its the people who buy the game aka all of us. By buying the game, you are supporting the direction they are taking. Low sales = a change. Hence one of the reasons for the change in direction after NFS6.

Ray-Vigo
10-05-2006, 07:09 PM
1. Driving to and from work, Driving to and From class, Driving in and out of Town, Driving to go out with friends, and lets not forget my 3 hour long one way trips home. Yeah, I obviously don't spend much time behind the wheel.

2. Got it, Beat all Single Player, Got all the Cars, missing like 4 achievements.

And to Finraziel:
I would call that car being more tacky or gaudy (or other synonyms) than rice. If he were to put a wing on the back then that would bump it up to rice status.

Geez don't have a cow- it was a metaphor. What I meant was that yeah Carbon is a disappointment, but stinking up the forums here about it is a waste is all. EA isn't going to change its games because some of us here don't like it.

I won't be buying it anyway. Why waste money?

Nuts4Ford
10-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Why say how good the game is or what is expected? Everyone has opinions and thats what forums are for.

Vette_C6
11-10-2006, 11:45 AM
holy shit ppl really went off topic,anyways whats the exact defintion of rice

wuyanxu
11-10-2006, 02:56 PM
ricing = adding bits that stuck out of your exotic

alex13
11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
rice is like having a honda civic with a top speed of 180 and adding a 12 feet spoyler and a bodykit that reminds you the early F1 cars. then adding 2000 turbo stickers so n00bs will say WOAAAAAAAO when they see you and after all that you say you have a fast car. P.S forgot the exaust that is at the size of a canon

Ricochet
11-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Civic with a top speed of 180? I wouldn't call that guy a full ricer, because ricers do nothing to their cars' performance, just it's visual looks. If that guys Civic does reach 180, he does have some sense.

alex13
11-15-2006, 12:45 PM
em... i meant 180 km/h

Nuts4Ford
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
The term "Ricer" has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with anything performance wise. Its all about the crap added onto the car. Mostly exterior parts like wings, bodykits, etc... but can also happen on the interior, exhuast, under the hood. So it doesn't matter how fast the car goes if it still looks like crap. So a 180mph Civic with your typical ricer crap added on is still a ricer.

Mr. Carrera
11-15-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

i think this is the best way to describe the term "ricer" :D

KF72
11-15-2006, 02:51 PM
anyways whats the exact defintion of rice

An Asian food grown and eaten in a variety of Asian cultures. Can be flavored many different ways.

BTW, If you don't go all ROFLMAOXXXUBERROXORZ1337LOLPWNED you can create some cool designs in Carbon. That is, if you don't go all ROFLMAOXXXUBERROXORZ1337LOLPWNED.

Dr.DooM
11-15-2006, 03:25 PM
yea you can, so long as your carefull wit hyour choice of kits and things you can make something nice ;)
Think of PIMP MY RIDE when some one says ricer. Thats ricing

Killua
11-16-2006, 01:06 PM
The term "Ricer" has nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with anything performance wise. Its all about the crap added onto the car. Mostly exterior parts like wings, bodykits, etc... but can also happen on the interior, exhuast, under the hood. So it doesn't matter how fast the car goes if it still looks like crap. So a 180mph Civic with your typical ricer crap added on is still a ricer.
Exactly.
Think of PIMP MY RIDE when some one says ricer. Thats ricing
Only a few cars are nice (Ice Cream Truck, Chevy Caprice, Volkswagen Baja... In my opinion)...

Blah_Head
11-16-2006, 04:51 PM
R.I.C.E
Retarded Interior Crappy Exterior
can be found at large cities, small towns or most commonly TUNER CAR SHOWS(tuners are not ricers)

Rice
an Asian food best eaten when it's a sushi
can be found at Asia, Chinese restaurants and sushi places