View Full Version : Rumor:Need For Speed:Island

Anandpr
09-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Now Here's the Interesting about the Next NFS Series. I know it's a rumor>

Driving with tuned cars on an island, passing by sunny beaches and drifting in snowy mountains around the curves? Beside you take care of the every-days life of a family and you even find time to create and manage a theme park on this island? Sounds strange...and maybe it is...

According to a newspost of the german onlinemagazine PCGames Aussie-Nintendo.com reported about an extraordinary concept of Electronic Arts: THE ISLAND

With The Island the publisher wants to create a virtual, approximately 1,500 kmē big island, where well-known gaming series take place. The island itself should be split into different regions and offer everything from sunny beaches to snowy mountains.

The island with three games starts on November 14th:

Need for Speed: The Island will allow you to drive with tuned cars around the idyllic island. You can have up to 15 computer-controlled opponents or you drive in network mode against seven human opponents. Additionally it should contain a free-roaming mode, where you can drive on the 1,600 km long street system.

In The Sims: The Island you take care of a Sim, be it in the mountains, the coast or in the busy city. Who loses interest in the story-mode, free game or the free online-gaming after some time, can decide together with a friend in the cooperative splitscreen-mode about the lives of the sims.

In the end The Island will please all simulation-fans with Theme Park: The Island where you have to built up a functioning theme park, develop new attractions and displace your enemies. A nice feature will be, that you can let your Sims from 'The Sims: The Island' work in your park or let them visit the park. In the online-mode friends can also admire your theme park.

How all these games will be connected with each other, we get to know after the release. More The Island-titles are planned for 2007.

Unfortunately the newspost from the original source (aussie-nintendo.com) has been taken offline, so there is no more information.
It looks more like an April Fool - in the middle of September. Since Need for Speed Carbon will be released at the beginning of November this year, the release of a second NFS is quite implausible...

Update:
As expected Electronic Arts dropped us a note that this was a fake report and there is no such thing as NFS: The Island.
Interesting how credulous people can be :)

Founded in : http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

Im very sorry bout im in NFS:Carbon's Forum don't angry Plz :) :(

Finraziel
09-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Interesting how credulous people can be
That would be you...

Reilsss
09-20-2006, 08:42 AM
NFS Island sounds like a very VERY cheap remake of TDU.... except it wont be at instressting.... I have no intress to run with a tunned Nissan Skyline along a coast in NFS, if I could do the same in a much sweeter McLaren F1 in TDU.... EA simply just figured out what they missed, sinces TDU is one of the best selled games for the X Box here..... But then. I dunno, EA would make the island probally all night, ricish and well underground stylish what really not that weeeh for some people. While other people might explode in there pants.... *shrungs* We got to wait how it comes up, next year or so. For this years we get NFS C and TDU.

- Reilsss http://reilsss.crawl-forever.com/fbody.gif

Finraziel
09-20-2006, 11:34 AM
I think you missed the point of this being fake.

CLR-AMG
09-20-2006, 12:10 PM
First: is it confirmed?
Second: got proof?
Third: do you know we all are not waiting for the trillionth ricegame?
Fourth: TDU is alive, go try that one out.

WESTBLADE
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.xbox2-newz.de/v2/?show=aktuelles&do=detail&id=5967

I don't speak german well, but you'll get the point from it anyway...

internet3
09-20-2006, 01:43 PM
i'd say it's fake even with this proof, Carbon is not out and there doing a new one= FAKE

Anandpr
09-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Like i told. it just a Rumor:
Here's he another URL:
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3896/

Anandpr
09-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Here's the 1 i tried to translate from german:
New concept of I/O

Electronics kind communicated today the development of an interesting concept. In addition momentarily Need count for speed: The Iceland and The windshield frame section: The Iceland. To the The the Iceland row plays to belong is to be linked among themselves.

Thus one drives speed into Need for: The Iceland mainly running with Muscle Cars, normal vehicles or also futuristic concept vehicles. Running is possible against the time, 15 CCU opponent or up to 7 on-line opponents. The size of the island amounts to thereby over 1500 square kilometers. The player can move here similarly as in test drive Unlimited completely freely. In addition that comes it different climate zones gives. Thus there are sunny beaches, icy mountains or rained city centers.

With The windshield frame section: The Iceland goes it familiarly to the thing. One has different ranges to the selection within which one a family base can. One is off-line on the way gives it a Storymodus also too secondly via Splitscreen to be played can. The Freeplay mode against it is also on-line usable.

Both plays are to appear already to 14.11.06 in the USA!

Ricochet
09-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Really, don't you know how to edit?
Carbon isn't even out yet and they're making NFS11?! WTF... This is stupid, a fake, no actual proof. The sites you are giving aren't giving actual proof, get proof from EA, (or at from GameSpot or IGN) then we'll believe, cause its the publisher/developer (whatever) of NFS. And if this is true, they're just gonna want to compete with TDU, thats all.

PH34R
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Man. People sure are good at spreading rumours these days. Too bad the stuff they spread is not on par.

Im sure most will just ignore it if it were real, and go buy TDU, the real thing.

MaXell Nitro
09-22-2006, 01:37 PM
about carbon and this rumor: when UGD1 was in production in late october 2003,they where already working at UGD2 ,i read this in a pc games magazine here in romania ,LEVEL. and i saw some info about this on the net. EA said and confirmed that they where working at U2 before finishing U1. it's stupid ,but true

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3896/ this is a press release...it could be true ,but i don't know what to say

Ricochet
09-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Well even if this is true, it'll be no match for TDU, as it'll have only 600 square miles of roads compared to TDU's 1000+.

Anandpr
09-23-2006, 06:22 AM
IT says that NFS:The ISland releasing this november ?? How?? We didn't see that trailer yet?

Ricochet
09-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Thats why its not true and the information you're getting is a Fake. Sheesh..

FP
09-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I think after the release of Carbon and TDU, NFS will notice they Atari is doing a hell of a job and will have to fight a little more on the upcoming game. TDU2 will be tough to beat seeing everything Atari and Eden games have in mind. 200 cars, way better physics, fuel,...

Ricochet
09-25-2006, 03:00 AM
TDU2 will be tough to beat seeing everything Atari and Eden games have in mind. 200 cars, way better physics, fuel,...
OMG is there such a thing as the next TDU?! :o

FP
09-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah, Atari announced it a few months ago.