View Full Version : Minimum System Requirements for Carbon

Anandpr
10-10-2006, 07:12 AM
At the end of September we got some information about the System Requirements of Need for Speed Carbon, which may surprised some people with older PCs.
Electronic Arts UK now published the minimum System Requirements, which differ a bit from the last announcement:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS - Windows 2000/XP
Processor: 1.7 GHz or faster
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 4.7 GB
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
Video Card: 64 MB*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti-4200 or greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 8500 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. DirectX 9.0c is included on this disc and may require the latest drivers for your video and sound card. Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.

So instead of 1GB memory you'll only need 512 MB, but therefore 4.7 GB hard disk space instead of 3 GB. A nice note is the number of players for multiplayer: So you'll be able to play with 8 players in an online game, which is different to its predecessors, where only 4 players were the maximum.

Please note that the DVD drive is only needed in Europe. In America Need for Speed Carbon may will be released on PC-CD.
http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

P.S Now u guys are happy at this system specs!! :) ;)

Rane
11-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Don't feel discouraged if you have a computer that doesn't meet the requirements of the game. I got 256mb RAM and a 1.5GHz processor (laugh at me, I will upgrade it when the time comes) and surprisingly, it runs the game really well. You just need a bit more patience, that's it.

jed29
11-15-2006, 07:47 AM
you can only play this game if you have got the genuine windows and you can get the updates
that sux as not many people have the goods
you have to have a good computer as well
it is not worth it is you have a system older then you !!! p4's are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time so if you have a bit of money spare dont worry about upgrading you old one just buy a new one with a good graphic card and you are in the game.

wuyanxu
11-15-2006, 09:28 AM
you don't need a genuine windows. i borrowed a computer from university, the computer came with Windows installed, but not active. i didn't have internet connection to that computer, so i used a crack. thus making it non-genuine.

and yet i can still play the game