View Full Version : PC demo opinions

SubyRS
10-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, looks like an Underground 3 to me. Just too much in common to be anything else.

Drift: I like drift mode. I don't understand why I've heard so many complaints about the controls or drift mode in general. I racked up over 200,000 points on my first go at it with the Camaro. It's the same as UG2 in every way and I was instantly familiar with it.:D

Race: I beat the modified ricers with the Camaro. My "team mamber" was not able to catch or help me in any way when called upon.:\

Canyon (not Carbon Canyon): Could not pass the highly modified RX7 with the Camaro, but won overall anyway.

Graphics: Can't tell with my PC. Had to run it at 1024 and mid to low graphics / no FSAA to get a playable image.

Sound: Could not turn blasted "I'm attending a Hawaiian luau" drum beats to stop.

Control: Same old NFS "tuner" style physics and controls I've come to know. Easy to pick up and get into with no learning curve.

Will I buy: Not the PC version because of the sys req's. I'll get the x360or PS3 version depending on which offers the better overall game.

c5-R
10-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I have yet to see a PC demo, unless you know something noone else does all there is is an xbox360 demo.

If you do know, please, share with us, if you dont, please tell me so as to not raise my hopes.

Revolution
10-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Look harder, C5-R.
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18615

About the demo, its pretty good, I'll get NFSC for PC when it launches.

roadspike
10-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I was mostly dissapointed with the demo. No free roam or online. It is the same short demo as the ps3 and 360 ones. The camera got a bit annoying at times. The graphics looked pretty good with my lappy's Geforce Go 7400, though. I will likely buy it for ps3 sometime.

ipod5g
10-28-2006, 05:00 AM
Hello, to my I have not liked anything demo, I like me much more the MW, the U2 goes but fluid and even has better graphs.:'(

Japanfanatic
10-28-2006, 07:30 AM
I think I gotta puke...the game is just like I expected, another pseudo-cool part of the Underground-Series, no progress since UG1. And how in hell can a Mazda 3 MPS compete with a V10 Lamborghini Gallardo?

Linkin
10-28-2006, 07:43 AM
You're not supposed to pass the other guy in a canyon race, you're supposed to follow as closely as you can. :P

Drift feels like the front wheels are glued to the ground. They'd have been better off leaving drift like it was in U2.

Diablo
10-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Actually I went to the DigitalLife convention 2 weeks ago, and they also had it on the Wii.

WESTBLADE
10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
OMG, the demo sucked...
Will get the full game anyways. WAREZ RULEZ:}

SubyRS
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
You're not supposed to pass the other guy in a canyon race, you're supposed to follow as closely as you can. :P

Drift feels like the front wheels are glued to the ground. They'd have been better off leaving drift like it was in U2.

Please read the event instructions before making statments like that.

YES, you are supposed to pass the leader, if you can. If you hold that lead for 10 seconds the win is yours automatically, just like racing rivals in UG2.

I see no difference at all in the drifting from previous games. I'm playing the demo with the same game pad that I used since UG1, so that gives me a straight foward comparison.

I don't any reason to knock a demo because it does not have features that the full game will have. What kind of logic is that?

Revolution
10-28-2006, 05:16 PM
The difference in the drifting is that the car tends to countersteer for you. Try the drift race, but this time just turn into the corner. Don't countersteer. Look what happens. (you should probably have it in the third person view to see it :P)

Blah_Head
10-28-2006, 05:25 PM
the canyon race is too easy for me, i keep passing him on the first corner
the autosculpt is pretty good

codespyder
10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Pros: Cars feel more weighted, more opponents, and without a doubt Autosculpt (a blessing, really)

Cons: Only nighttime driving (the atmosphere of MW, with all the rain and sunsets, was the best), no real sense of speed (even with motion blur on), drifting feels cartoonish

Verdict: Not a total disaster, but not great either. NFSU3 with exotics and muscle, if you will.

MaXell Nitro
10-28-2006, 05:57 PM
sry to say but excluding autosculpt ,this game will be sh1t! :( MW at night.drift sucks big time ,i think it's made for 10yr old kids...countersteering automaticly ,it's so easy ,that even my cat could do it. i like autosculpt ,mostly the rims section ,realy cool ,but rest of it is...umm how to say ,well not realy amazyng. engine sounds 100% copied from MW and MW had 80% from UGD2 so here u are ,a 2006 game with 2004 car engine sonds recordings :/
i like the clutch option ,but in the demo there was no option to make the clutch work 100%. it was semi-auto gear shifting. i must say i'm impressed about the 3D endine of the game ,i mean it even runs perfect smoothly on my old system with 512mb ram and 128mb GeForce FX 5900XT with shader setteing on low in 1024 with 4x FSAA...nice ,good work EA. and i must say that compared to MW demo ,the swapping was near 0 on the same system! great ,that means that even old pcs could run this game smoothly.
but overall ,the game sucks bigtime! i will play it though ,coz like westblade said ,WAREZ ROCKS :D :D

osa_mah91
10-28-2006, 10:25 PM
hey howz the car handling cuz in most wanted it sucks

HSVrules
10-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Well i say this game will be pretty good, Drift isn't EXACTLY like UG & UG2 as stated by Lancer Evolution, it is different and actually more fun, when you hit a wall, you don't loose your points, you get to keep the points you racked up on that drift, also theres nos in Drift. And with the canyon race, it is a bit hard to overtake the RX-7 for me but i still stick to his *** like a fly on butter. Also freeroam WILL be available on the Full Release. So will Online, you don't expect them to add Freeroam to a demo, they never do, as for online, maybe they're saving the big boom for last. That's what I think of it, also I HAVE completed the demo after 2 days of owning it.

osa_mah91
10-29-2006, 09:46 AM
good but this doesnt answer my questions

MaXell Nitro
10-29-2006, 12:32 PM
if u think MW control sucked ,this sucks even more! just try to drift ,and compare it to UGD2 drifting and even UGD1!...does not worth buying! did i answered your question?

SubyRS
10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
I see what you mean by the drift help. I was using the loose Camaro before, but with the Lancer I could tell the difference. Maybe there is some aids turned on in the demo and will be selectable in the full game. On second thought, I played with the Camaro on the PC demo and the Lancer on the Xbox so I don't know.

Anyway, I got the Xbox demo yesterday and it looks like it will be a repeat of the shoddy graphics like MW was on all console platforms. Not worth buying for ugly, choppy graphics.

I guess MW was the end of the line for me because it plays very well on my PC with options on high. Unless PS3 pulls a rabit out of the hat with it's version I'll pass.

MaXell Nitro
10-29-2006, 03:08 PM
it's not just the drift part. there is also the other racing styles like circuit and i'm almost sure that thre is only going to be difference in car handeling from tuners to exotics and muscle...and if EA was smart enough to remember UGD2 ,there will be a difference between 4WD , RWD and FWD.
but that's about it! this is not a progress ,it's a step backwards :( not impressed..
the game is getting more arcadeish on and on since UGD1/2...

SubyRS
10-30-2006, 07:24 AM
I wonder who's calling the shots at EA for the NFS games? Notice that this game is installed in the Electronics Arts folder (along with NFS4 & 5) instead of the EA Games one where the UG's and MW is..

What makes them think people want their racing games in a total night time environment? Having the choice of day or night (or rain, clouds etc..) has always been a nice option in any racing game, but what kind of market research are they conducting that tells them to make yet a third Underground type game? This is the first NFS "style" that has three versions, so something is telling them to keep doing it.

The graphics in MW were better looking (on pC), yet Carbon is much more demanding on my pC. It is a step backwards for sure. It looks like they are programming for the lowest common denominator (PSP) and porting up from there.

HSVrules
10-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey suby, if you think that more demanding graphics is a step backwards, i think you've lost some brain-cells, Were getting into more powerful graphics and P4's are now becoming alittle weak to some new games. And also, real street-racing is done at night-time dumbass, u ever heard of real street-racing in the day when the cops are out? No didn't think so!

internet3
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
hey guys, it's a demo for god's sake!! dont expect anything more from this,

cause as you all know u must have a dificulty setting for the game (easy, med, HARD) also i imagine the countersteering drift is "as stated" for the demo, i IMAGINE you will have a option to select drift style (noob, novice, expert, D1GP Carbon Champion!) so all and all the demo is a bit cheezy, as for grafics, EA fixed the leaks, cars look awsome, game play i did have option ONLY for the bloker, as for the other two (scout, Drafter) are yet to be seen...

ill buy this game 100% sure cant wait for it!

BTW i agree with HSVriles :D

HSVrules
10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Also as a little add-on for you guys who won't be able to get the game straight away, Arushan has made an add-on for the NFSc demo, alowing to change the cars u use:

Just 2 days after the PC Demo of Need For Speed Carbon release, and the famous Arushan has already made a small addon for the game:

The Addon has 3 features:

Quote:1. Allows you to select a few new cars (most of them being MAZDA SPEED 3s)

Some cars will be autoscultable, some won't. Some will have engine sounds, others won't. Some will have NOS/Speedbreaker, and some won't. Remember that these cars were never meant to be user playable

2. Allows you to skip all the movies / loading screens on startup.

3. Allows you to run the demo in a 'window'.

Also note that you must be running the EU version of the demo. I haven't tested this with the US version.

Download Here, read the readme.txt for more information on installation/configuration. Source code is included for those who are interested.

Download here (http://www.edgefiles.com/files/21743.html).

Revolution
10-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Also as a little add-on for you guys who won't be able to get the game straight away, Arushan has made an add-on for the NFSc demo, alowing to change the cars u use:
Open your eyes. :P
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18619

SubyRS
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, although I have the PC version of MWBE, I haven't played it in since last Spring. So I bought the x360 version of MW yesterday for $15 and it is much more fun than Carbon. Enough of the night time stuff EA.