View Full Version : Any "Online Pre-order" Losers?

[GT]Icekid84
11-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Why loser you ask? Apparently thats what EA thinks of the suckers who took the bait for the Zonda F and Challenger and what other bait they set. I mean Aru will probably just make a crack anyhow to get everyone those cars so then the pre-order loser is even more screwed over.
The Preorder person was also supposed to be.... PRE-LOADING the game in the mean time before the false November 1st date release. However they pushed it back to the 2nd at at 12 AM last night the clock that was counting down read 12 hours to go.. meaning it would be ready at 12 PM on the 2nd.... Well as I'm writing this email you can guess the outcome... yup... now its the 3rd and all the mean time EA says no appology or annoucement about whats up.. just change the date and go along like everything is hunky dory. The way I see it.. even the 3rd is not a set date and will probably get pushed back to whatever date they feel like.

PH34R
11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Thats how things can sometimes be. Its their first time selling this series online on the official site, so im not suprised they messed up. But yes, EA has horrible customer service. It took them 3 weeks to reply to an issue i had with HP2 a few years ago.

[GT]Icekid84
11-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Well they have redeemed themselves to a point. The download was ready after I sat down and noticed the button lighting up saying enjoy Carbon. To my surprise the download was ready and should be done ( save for some unseen server failure) in 2 hours.

UPDATE!! GREAT NEWS I finaly finished the download and .... It WAS CORRUPTED!! YAY... Had to start over oh what joy...

[GT]Icekid84
11-02-2006, 11:04 PM
SON OF A B.... the Damn POS file corrupted again... this is the second time... it didn tnot get interrupted once it was on the entire time

Tuokool
11-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Many people had a corrupted download(s) for some reason :(

PH34R
11-03-2006, 03:27 PM
You should all sign a petition, and mail it to EA, demanding for an explanation, or spread all that stuff onto their own forums. Theyre probably gonna notice, and do something about it.

[GT]Icekid84
11-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Well its ok I guess now it took 3 times and finally the 3rd was the charm.. lol luckily for the 6mb cable.. I must have either been one of the unlucky ones who got a corruption or I was one of the first to download the game all the way and notice the corrpution because before me posting on the Carbon EA forum, nobody else mentioned it. But anyhow its a very fun game and the vinyles are actually pretty cool, since you can expand them, move them, lol I made my 60s Charger have an American Flag all over the entire car its pretty patriotic lol.