View Full Version : NFS10's Autosculpt Feature - New Cars(?)

TenPoundBurrito
11-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I've been looking over the videos and the descriptions of the new Autosculpt feature in NFS10 (Carbon). I've been able to conclude that, sadly, this program will not be a true 3D mesh editor like Zmodeler and CarCad.

Instead, it's going to be a feature that allows the user to stretch only selected polygons for specific parts of the car, like the wheels, bumpers, hood, and wing. The user will not be able to warp a car into a similar model, for instance, a Dodge Charger into a Plymouth Road Runner, or a Chevrolet Corvette C6 into a C5 or C4. Nor will they be able to create new cars with it and add them into the game. The user is basically limited to addon parts like the wheels, wings, scoops, and addon body panels like bumpers and rocker panel addons.

It appears that lights, doors, trunk, roof, fenders, and interior are off-limits to this feature so far, as are the size of the car. The user is basically limited to selecting items like wheel openings and spokes or scoop sizes and angles and warping them along a pre-set minimum and maximum size, with an unlimited number of sizes in between. For instance, a scoop with a size from 2 to 4 has unlimited sizes in between, like 2.42, or 3.98, but no 1.80 or 4.33.

Sorry to break the bad news. Maybe in the future EA will release a true 3D mesh editor for the game, like for version 1.4 or something like that.

P.S. - This thread was in the "Car Editing" forum, but I thought maybe I should move it to the "NFS Carbon" forum instead. If Mike343 sees this, please remove the one in the "Car Editing" forum.

HSVrules
11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Now why dfid you have to post this stupid shit. WE KNOW WHAT AUTOSCULPT IS, THE GAME IS RELEASED, WE'VE TRIED THE DEMO. Learn before posting that this Autsculpt stuff has been shown MILLIONS of times before you posted this, I think we know

kthnxbye.

PH34R
11-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for pointing it out, captain obvious. :rolleyes:

Nuts4Ford
11-03-2006, 12:56 AM
repeated news.
*locked*