View Full Version : PAY for cars ? EA get a break

alex13
11-06-2006, 12:07 PM
i mean be serious after you buy the game you will be spending more money on parts cars and stickers ???? come on. is EA so desperate to take money???

PH34R
11-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Theres probably other ways to get those bonuses if you really want to in a way that if i speak of, i shall be executed.

(ok i exaggerated)

Anathema
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought it was pretty stupid when I saw that too. But I'm sure there's a lot of mindless people that were like "woah, I can pay for upgrades right off the bat, I'm gonna trick my car out right now!" and bought it. Stupid, yes, on their part, but I guess EA decided to try to get as much money as fast as possible... because sooner or later, someone's going to have hacks out to get anything you're supposed to buy and/or earn online anyway...

*shrug*

FP
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
NFS:C is the titled the most expensive games on available, now we see why.

alex13
11-07-2006, 05:35 AM
are they so desperate to get money ?

Nuts4Ford
11-07-2006, 06:36 AM
its not that they are desperate for money, it that they are just searching for ways to get EXTRA money. Heck even Microsoft isn't too keen on EA's section on the Live Marketplace.

jed29
11-16-2006, 05:12 AM
no you guys have got it all wrong !!!! you see there are better people out there that will make cars and it is the little people that dont have what it takes to make them that will buy them !!!
EA will make them pay for them .....but you know and i know that there will always be a way to get them for free.....there is lots of things that can be done or have been done !!!
it is up to us to get around things like this
wait and see

jstrok7
11-16-2006, 07:47 AM
@jed29 _
I don't actually understand what you said cuase you messed up some words ...
Did you meant that people make cars for free but EA take the models of those people and they sell them ! (You probably didn't) :D
Oh man...
Write this correctly : "dont have what it takes to make them that will buy them !!!"

jed29
11-17-2006, 12:40 AM
ok what i mean there are people out there that spend alot of time making cars and models and so if EA can make add on cars for carbon and most wanted !! then it is possible for people out there to do the same and the cost of cars will never work as it will be sorted.
i use to make heaps of cars for high stakes and nfs 3 so it would be easy to do if we can get the program that can help you and i have already started to look into making my own program.

Kracka
11-17-2006, 01:59 AM
ok what i mean there are people out there that spend alot of time making cars and models and so if EA can make add on cars for carbon and most wanted !! then it is possible for people out there to do the same and the cost of cars will never work as it will be sorted.
i use to make heaps of cars for high stakes and nfs 3 so it would be easy to do if we can get the program that can help you and i have already started to look into making my own program.

check out some of the higher end modeling websites out there. people are making 100s of dollars on models they made.

jed29
11-17-2006, 05:23 AM
i know !!! but i like to make them from my self and i also make them for you guys to use
i dont really care about the money side of things

Nuts4Ford
11-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Im not sure you understand. EA has the tools to create new cars cause... well... They made the game (duh) The community has to create its own tools which can be a pain in the *** since EA tries to make it more difficult to mod the game year after year. Its going to be even more difficult now that they are going to charge people to get new cars.

Oh and even if you did make new models and sold them, You would need to either do your own creation or get the rights to do so from the manufacturer. If you were to have them for the game you would also need EA's permission too.

Basically it looks like the community for adding new cars is all Dead. Now its going to be all about "OMGZORZ MI CARRRR IZ MOR PIMPZZZ DAN URZ!"

jed29
11-17-2006, 03:26 PM
you are right in some points
you see even if you slightly mod one car to look like a brand...thats good enough
you see there is a way in everything you have to invent the tools
thats the challenge
every time they make a game there is a new challenge

Nuts4Ford
11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah but this time they are charging you money to buy their cars. So I see 2 things happening...

1. Difficult file to crack then a much more difficult file to edit.
2. EA finally taking action on the moding community for releasing cars for Carbon because now they can claim lost profits since you oculd just download a free car rather than their "have to pay" car.

Max Prez
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM
I agree completely that so far, that's the stupidest thing EA has ever done. Even stupider than them introducing UG2. That's how stupid I think it was.

Fortunately, if anyone here has the extra meshes, they will convert them into .z3d files and we'll be able to edit and play them in better games (Racer, NFS5, WR2, etc...).

jed29
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
if you go to the EA download page you will see the cars that are for sale for a dollar usd are all in the game
and so if they do bring out a new car then all you have to do is wait for a while and you will see it on some sharing program and you get it for free

JCHP
11-19-2006, 01:14 AM
lol, EA already made money when you bought the game. You think this is bad...you should check out some of Diablo 2s' rare items, only Blizzard doesn't profit from all sales. The difference is that you can get them yourself. Although it'd almost be easier to hack Diablo2, make the item, then use it rather than find one.

alex13
11-20-2006, 09:28 AM
i mean come on. pay the game then pay for cars ? is like buying a ferrari opening the "BOX" and the steering wheel is missing and a idiot comes and tells you "you buy that separatley" thats 5HIT

jed29
11-20-2006, 02:26 PM
i agree thats not right
you should be able to get the cars for free

jstrok7
11-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Fuc* EA !
Even If I try to play online someone must use trainer and must reach speed of 600 Km/h !
Do they really deserve that people buy their cars cause their servers suck and cause they allow trainers . (EA just sit down)

jed29
11-21-2006, 04:10 PM
people that use trainers sux they cant win on there own racing
so they cheat
simple and EA lets them

Diablo
11-21-2006, 04:26 PM
people that use trainers sux they cant win on there own racing
so they cheat
simple and EA lets them

Uh, no, it's just that there's always a way to get past any kind of protection, you just have to find it. So they don't bother. And who cares, it's a free country. I mean I get what you're saying, but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

jed29
11-21-2006, 04:30 PM
????? what are you going on about ?
whats your point ?

Ricochet
12-01-2006, 01:25 AM
you noticed that now alex13? Wow, you're ahead of time :dozey:.
Yes, it stinks, but you should all know by now that EA has greedy ***holes working for it.

TargaGuy
12-01-2006, 10:09 PM
LOL GermanAuto...at least the guys in the MW section did a good job unlike the people working in the "Carbon Pit of Rice Hell" center.

Thingriz
12-06-2006, 08:29 PM
This buying cars is not just for the lazy people who want to start from the middle. If you have played the game all the way through, you may also find that, you win a bunch of cars but the game is over. They tell you that you can use these cars in the quick races or such. Further as you progress in the game and you want to go back to earn money for cars and upgrades you only get 500 bucks, and the cops are at every race except the timed races. At 200K for a car.....well you do the math. At first when I noticed this I thought it was just another of EA's oversights. Wrong. There is a method to their madness. The game was designed this way. In order to use the cars throughout the game you must agree to their extortion demands. IF you will kindly send us another 50 or so bucks we will unlock these cars from the get go. Sorry for the strong language but when I but a game and you now tell me that I need to send you another 50 or so bucks to use the cars that I've already paid for. What else is it? Compared to Most Wanted they seem to now want twice as much for about one third the game. And also has anyone else noticed that the AI have one move only, EVERY car you get behind slams on it's brakes? So much for the bumper to bumper racing we all enjoy, spend every minute of every race avoiding pulling up behind the car in front of you.......What.....Testor What......Dev What!!!!!!

jstrok7
12-07-2006, 01:31 PM
???

Umm, what are you saying ?

No you don't have to pay for unlocking cars that are alredy In game cause you can unlock the all by beating game or using a trainer ...

funny guy
12-07-2006, 06:11 PM
LOL GermanAuto...at least the guys in the MW section did a good job unlike the people working in the "Carbon Pit of Rice Hell" center.

They were the same poeple..