View Full Version : Bmw M3?

Patrick
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
I've been wanting to know if the BMW M3 is customizable in Carbon. I saw the car on the car list, but I've heard that in the game you crash it or something.. Is this true? I don't have the game yet, I plan on getting it this weekend.

Anathema
11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
You crash it at the beginning, and you can unlock it with the reward cards (or a challenge, i forget). As far as I know, NO, it's not customizable... yet...

Dektra
11-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Bah. its the MW script all over again.....

wuyanxu
11-08-2006, 04:43 AM
i've just unlocked it lst night, not as good as Most Wanted version and you can't get it in carrer mode except at the start

jed29
11-08-2006, 04:45 AM
you lose the bmw m3 at the start
and you have to start the whole process again
but the new carbon rocks :)

MaXell Nitro
11-08-2006, 06:21 AM
u can't even change the bloody colour! i just hate EA ,for real! wtf didn't they let it as in MW at least? so we could all change it a little. i can't say that that would be enough ,cuz i was hoping in Crbn that i could change at least the rims...but nooo..

Patrick
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Damn.. That sucks. I noticed the M3 on this car list and was like "Yes, maybe we can finally customize the M3 now." Apparently not.. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Villain
11-08-2006, 06:26 PM
About this BMW, yes, it can be played on Career mode too, but you will need to learn Hex-editment for it and it is HARD. You guys don't lose anything, when you don't have BMW on Career. Things you can do with it and other:

Good

- BMW is recognized by police ("suspect is driving silver BMW")
- color can be exchanged
- rims can be exchanged
- spoiler can be added (NOTE! _ADDED!_)
- rims color can be exchanged (when exchanged rims)
- window tint can be exchanged

Bad

- autosculpting doesn't work (you can add like autosculptable rims but you can't as. them)
- vinyl can't be removed and others can't be added
- performance can't be exchanged
- game crashes when going too far on autosculpt menu
- when added altermarket spoiler it gots "fused" with bodys meshed spoiler, this means you'ce got then two spoilers, both non-editable

There you go, it ain't good. This would be good project to Arushan (or someone as skilled as him) to do a fully-tunable BMW. I, myself, would try to do this BMW fully-tunable, BUT I don't know how that autosculpt could be fixed and I'd have to learn zmodelling (+ coding, if I wouldn't like to mix game).

Hopefully you all understood this.

MaXell Nitro
11-09-2006, 04:59 AM
- color can be exchanged
- rims can be exchanged

how did u figured that out?

Villain
11-09-2006, 06:12 AM
About this BMW, yes, it can be played on Career mode too, but you will need to learn Hex-editment for it and it is HARD.

Aka Hex-editing. I won't tell anyone these codes, because it is "illegal" to do hex-editing. I figured out those what I told when I took BMW to Free roam.

wuyanxu
11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
never head it's illegal to hex edit your own savedgame

FP
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
LMAO hex editing can't change that much you damn noob. Hex editing is also not illegal lmao

Villain
11-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Sigh... BMW can't be gotten to Career from Quick race without hex-editing and it doesn't add anything, game just recognizes the car. And it sortly is, EA's leaders hate hex-editors and trainer users and they have said, that every hexer and trainer user is their enemy. That is why I said it is "illegal".

FP
11-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Where do you gather all this crap up. Trainers yes, but there is nothing wrong with Hex editing, because it does nothing. Since most of the time hex is giberish. You can't even modify how a program works, change functions or features. Hex editing for the most part is used to edit strings, nothing much else since most win32 programs are unreadable to hex editors! I've been programming for years and know my fair share of languages, hex is not a programming language, so please explain to me, all mighty hex editor, how you managed to do this by changing a bunch of giberish.

And btw how come now you say:
and it doesn't add anything, game just recognizes the car.
and before you said:
Good

- color can be exchanged
- rims can be exchanged

Bad

- autosculpting doesn't work (you can add like autosculptable rims but you can't as. them)
- vinyl can't be removed and others can't be added
- performance can't be exchanged
- game crashes when going too far on autosculpt menu
- when added altermarket spoiler it gots "fused" with bodys meshed spoiler, this means you'ce got then two spoilers, both non-editable

Villain
11-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Where do you gather all this crap up. Trainers yes, but there is nothing wrong with Hex editing, because it does nothing. Since most of the time hex is giberish. You can't even modify how a program works, change functions or features. Hex editing for the most part is used to edit strings, nothing much else since most win32 programs are unreadable to hex editors! I've been programming for years and know my fair share of languages, hex is not a programming language, so please explain to me, all mighty hex editor, how you managed to do this by changing a bunch of giberish.

How stupid are you? I told clearly, that when BMW is hexed to Career, those what I mentioned come USABLE. Those are ALREADY USABLE, they are just HIDDEN. Got it? Here is some screenshots because you seem to be very unbeleviable idiot:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3142/bmwproof1ur4.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3217/bmwproof2rx1.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9702/bmwproof3cg4.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4870/bmwproof4ql7.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/8660/bmwproof5pt8.png
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4093/bmwproof6vd4.png

And btw, I have been hex editing NFSMW also and there I added like cop cars to career and so on. It's not my fault if you "programmer" can't just believe simple truth. And I have not said at any point, that hex editing would be programming.

apocylypzboi
11-10-2006, 02:11 PM
can you show us the cop cars?
apocylypzboi

FP
11-10-2006, 02:43 PM
You can just enter cheats to use cops too, sooo much easier :P Try drifting with the firetruck lol.

wuyanxu
11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
let me confirm this:
-from the time i've joined this forums, NFS MW's saved game is hex-editable, down to the available cars in the car dealer.
-from the fact that Carbon uses a simular engine to MW. i suspect hex editing it's saved game is also possible.

also, that saved game isn't really a EXE file. where you said cannot change functions goes completely true for EXE files. whereas the saved game file is just a list of data, (may be) saved via binary access.

now that we've established that hex editing savedgame isn't illegal. can you start a new career and make the BMW M3 available at the start? and post the saved game? please?
or tell us where and what are the code need to be edited for the M3 to become available?

Villain
11-11-2006, 04:16 AM
can you start a new career and make the BMW M3 available at the start? and post the saved game? please?
or tell us where and what are the code need to be edited for the M3 to become available?

I could do that savegame, but then we need a trainer to unlock all cars too, because BMW will be invisible if you haven't got it to the Quick race first. I can try, but if we want ONLY BMW to be unlocked, then I'm going to need help from a programmer.

If I tell you people that hex-code of BMW, you'll still have to use trainer to unlock it or do all that h*ck of a job and get BMW to your Quick race.

So I can do that savegame, but I need to find out how to make a trainer for BMW only or find another way to get BMW visible.

One last thing what I can do, is that you can drive BMW from the beginning, but if you exchange car, it goes back to invisible. And that is crappy.

jstrok7
11-11-2006, 04:33 AM
@Finalmaster2 -
It's better to have all cars unlocked cause I alredy beated game several times so for me you can make a save game with all cars (If you wan't I'm just asking) ?

Villain
11-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Whoops, sorry people, I accidentally posted this. Read one post lower.

Villain
11-11-2006, 06:05 AM
Here you go people, download it from my account on Filefront.com (http://files.filefront.com/savegame_BMWzip/;6168591;;/fileinfo.html). And please, read that readme.txt, it IS important. And you can't use my account to play online, I exchanged everything. ;)

jstrok7
11-11-2006, 10:50 AM
@Finalmaster2 -
Thanks . ;)
EDIT:Link don't work It redirect me to filefront homepage every time I try to downoad !?

wuyanxu
11-11-2006, 11:10 AM
er..... where is your file? it just takes me to the homepage........

what i am asking is the hex code for BMW M3 GTR so that i can replace my 1st career car with the BMW M3 GTR and have some fun.

Villain
11-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Hmm, weird. Well, this one should work. Link (http://files.filefront.com/savegame_BMWzip/;6168669;;/fileinfo.html). And if that one doesn't either work, then use this, it goes straight into my profile and it has only one file, savegame_BMW.zip. My account (http://hosted.filefront.com/Finalmaster2).

wuyanxu
11-14-2006, 04:38 AM
thank you very much, it works now.

jstrok7
11-14-2006, 06:23 AM
@Finalmaster2 -
Thanks very much but I just found out a trainer which unlock all cars (bonus, online , pagani , charger...) and you can tune them In my cars and buy them all In carrer (all cars)!

jed29
11-15-2006, 06:43 AM
i have the same thing but using a trainer is good if you have compleated the game and if not you are not really beating the game are you ?
so i guess that it is like cheating but in your own game

jstrok7
11-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Look I beated all game but my online playing Is fu*ked up so I can't unlock anything online so I used trainer to unlock online stuff .

wuyanxu
11-15-2006, 08:30 AM
@Finalmaster2 -
No you aren't ricer wuyanxu :P)
wtf?!? 8) what did i do?

but, yes, i never modify my exotic more than putting a small spoiler and a body kit that doesn't change the look of the car (with the brand badge on it, it's very important :P )

jstrok7
11-15-2006, 01:50 PM
@wuyanxu - Hehehe , I know that ... that's why I said It ! :P
BTW.Any progress and BTW. I'm going to remove link soon so If you wan't to download , then download . ;)

Andre_online
11-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Here you go people, download it from my account on Filefront.com (http://files.filefront.com/savegame_BMWzip/;6168591;;/fileinfo.html). And please, read that readme.txt, it IS important. And you can't use my account to play online, I exchanged everything. ;)

Hey dude, are you using a trainer? I've completed the game, and I'm dead desperate to look for one. :\

wuyanxu
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
why 1.2 +11 trainer? i don't think i've got 1.2........ how do i find out?

jstrok7
11-16-2006, 11:58 AM
If you wan't to download 1.2 It's writing "Need for Speed: Carbon CE v1.2 +11 TRAINER" above It , look around and you'll find It .

That's the best version of that trainer .

Villain
11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Yes, I do use trainer, though only for that savegame to get BMW unlocked. Read that readme.txt.

jstrok7
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
So you probably had that trainer before me Finalmaster . :)
I removed link ...

Andre_online
11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Ahh!! Haha! I need the link.. I wanna see what are the available cars for unlock and I wanna use 'em. :P

wuyanxu
11-17-2006, 03:03 PM
i am asking why is the trainer for 1.2 of Carbon? i think i've got 1.0 :(

jed29
11-17-2006, 03:22 PM
1.0 ? i didnt think it came out in that
i got the game with 1.2
i have a 1.2 trainer if you want it

wuyanxu
11-18-2006, 04:06 AM
that's why i asked how to find out the game's version.

(i've got collector's edition, btw)

jstrok7
11-18-2006, 04:24 AM
@wuyanxu -
My game came with 1.2 patch but I think trainer should work for your game becuase trainer Is V1.2 version (Game doesn't need to be I thnik) but If It doesn't , there's same trainer v1.0 version .

jed29
11-18-2006, 10:03 PM
at the start of the game in the right top corner it will tell you

jed29
11-18-2006, 11:51 PM
well if you have the collectors edition then it is 1.2

McLaren_3Dcm
11-19-2006, 01:16 AM
The Savegame doesn't work!!! it just says "Unable to load BMW" wtf?
My nfs version is 1.2

jed29
11-19-2006, 02:21 AM
then you have 1.2.......easy

McLaren_3Dcm
11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Ok, but how i can get this savegame working????????
Why i can't load it???

jed29
11-19-2006, 03:15 AM
thats ok collector's edition is 1.2

Villain
11-19-2006, 04:24 AM
McLaren 3Dcm, I don't know why it doesn't work, did you remove CDKEY from it? I didn't know how to remove it and that might be the reason why it doesn't work on you. I'm trying to make another savegame from this without CDKEY, but I don't have time for it atm. Ask someone who has got that savegame working to remove CDKEY.

jed29
11-20-2006, 04:10 AM
that edition came out with 1.2 not 1.0

jed29
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
that is what i am thinking
if you have that edition then you have 1.2 already

Villain
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I didn't understand what you were talking about, but here is the info for what versions savegame should work:

- regular NFSC (I don't have NFSC:CE so I don't believe that this works on it)
- versions 1.2 and onward

That is it.

Villain
11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, I updated that savegame and it is now available from these two links:

http://files.filefront.com/savegame_BMW_v11zip/;6251696;;/fileinfo.html
http://hosted.filefront.com/Finalmaster2

USA_Eugene1
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Offtopic:

Trainers suck, heres my answers.

Without using trainer on career and online. = You experience the real quality on what EA suppose to make fun for people on playing this game.

Using Trainer = You suck, for real, or is it that your just lazy you dont want to do it the "long" way. You'll start to get boring if u use trainers to cheat online. And i belive the 45% percent of some people will start not like you on using trainers on online ( also on career ) .

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have spoken my opinion.

Ontopic:

Good job finding the BMW finalmaster ;)

nascarnathan
11-26-2006, 06:03 PM
I say just go with the original M3. It looks good as it is. The rims suck though.

Villain
11-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I don't like trainers that much either, but because EA exchanged that system of locked cars (in MW they were showing, now they are hidden) and that is why we need one to get BMW back. :|

MaXell Nitro
11-30-2006, 05:46 PM
didn't found a better plae to show u this ,i thought it was a little funny :P
so here:
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6402/hehese8.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hehese8.jpg)

Villain
12-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok, now it seems, that we can hex-edit BMW some more, because some people have discovered ways to remove it's spoiler via hex, edit that mask-vinyl via hex and I posdibly know a way to add vinyls to BMW without hex. So now we can have savegame-tunable-BMW on NFSC, but BMW being tunable without that certain savegame does take some time. I'll try to hex BMW's geometry.bin when I get back home (I'm on Thailand now).

Villain
12-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Another update of the savegame, look for this link:

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/download.php?id=14292

macca69
12-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Can someone give me a link to the trainer that unlocks all cars? (1.2)