View Full Version : 1st problem with nfs carbon.

JCHP
11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
My first problem with NFS Carbon is that I bought it. Seriously, I can't even play the Autorun. I have a dvd player, so it should work right? It says "not valid win 32 app." etc. I'm sure there's some simple thing I can do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks.

My system: Fast enough
Gots enough memory
Has a dvd player
Windows XP pro

be back to check in a while...

Saleen
11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Did you try just running it by the exe file in the program files folder? I got the same damn error but it was because of the autorun app.

MaXell Nitro
11-08-2006, 05:10 PM
right click on the DVD drive and select Open. then run setup. it should work

JCHP
11-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions max and bubble, but none of that works. It might be a setting of some sort. I'm sure it was discussed somewhere among these forums...

FP
11-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Actually that is more a problem with your computer and the way the CD was burnt. If you burn it incorrectly you get such errors sometimes. Also windows has some wonky settings at times that will cause that error.

MaXell Nitro
11-09-2006, 03:22 AM
don't tell me u have the pre-ordered Collector's Edition? if yes ,then it's obvius... a lot of ppl have problems with that Collector's Ed.

wuyanxu
11-09-2006, 10:54 AM
DVD's problem.

'nuff said.

JCHP
11-09-2006, 02:55 PM
It is the DVD Collector's Edition and I bought it from EB Games at their store, not on the internet. However, I did find out that it runs on a different computer for some reason. My bro said it was because my dvd drive is a dvd ram drive and sometimes it doesn't want to run things. It seemed to work fine on his dvd rom, so I might just buy a cheap dvd rom drive and see if it works.

REBEL35SUSPECT
11-09-2006, 07:01 PM
ok its nothing to do with the RAM drive your brotehr is a twat

its because alot of the cd's dvd's and downloads ea made of carbon have a corrupted version with various problems you just gotta complain about it to ea and they'll hopefully ship another out to you free of charge

momaka
11-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah, this is not a hardware problem, so don't buy new DVD drive. Just return the DVD to EB games and say it doesnt work or email EA games....

Or if you really want to be oldschool and istall the game as is, make a new folder where you want to install NFS Carbon. Then copy-and-paste all of the game files from the DVD (including the game EXE). You might get an error when you try to run the game, like "please inset the correct CD-ROM" (that is basically displayed on copied games that don't have a crack applied)... But since you bought the original game anyways, just find a No-CD somewhere on the web (IE Google), and apply it...

JCHP
11-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, but we were all wrong! It was Windows xp itself. Some of the files were corrupted so I had to re-load windows. And my brother suggested it. He thought it was the dvd drive until he looked at a few other things. Now I spend about 95% of my free-time playing it lol.

FP
11-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey at least for once I was right lol.