View Full Version : How to fully twotone your car

Rane
11-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Okay, first off, I wanna tell you that if this has been said before, a topic like this exists or the mere technique is very old, then excuse me. Call me whatever you want, but I found out how to do this just now and I wanted to share it with you. But... if a topic on this exists OR if everyone already knows how to do this and considers the full twotone quite old, well then please tell a moderator to lock and/or delete the topic. Now onto what I wanted to say:

I suppose a number of you have seen Neelas Mazda RX8 in Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift? The one with a full body twotone, black in the back and blue in the front. And after you saw that, how many of you thought "Oh wow, I'd like to have that paint on my car."? In Most Wanted, Spilllner fulfilled your dreams by releasing a custom vinyl for the Mazda RX8 and everyone was jumping with joy. Heck I even believe someone released a twotone vinyl for every car but as I said, that was for Most Wanted. Not as many custom vinyls have been released for Carbon, mostly because customization is do-able for everyone in this game. One of the things I missed about getting carbon was that I wasn't going to have my beautiful twotone Mazda anymore. So I raced my way through the game with cars looking kinda good, but just didn't have that little extra. Then afterwards I thought to myself "Now I'm gonna make the best looking car there is. I'll spend a day looking through every single vinyl if I have to." So I did, well not a day but atleast an hour or two, and just happened to stumble upon my beloved twotone.

Now, that text was completely unnecessary but so fun to write. Anyway, here it goes:

1.Buy yourself a car.

2.Go to Visuals-Vinyls at your Safehouse.

3.Choose Basic Body Vinyl 1 (Don't know if that's the actual name but you'll find it. It's the vinyl that looks exactly like the ingame twotone, it just has one color.)

4.You'll see a stripe sort of vinyl and you might think "Hey, this isn't full body" but have patience.

5.Colouring. I believe Gradient 0 is in the back while Gradient 1 is in the front. Don't worry about Stroke for now, it won't show at all when we're done. I myself chose Black as Gradient 0 and Red as Gradient 1. The vinyl should be black in the back end and red in the front end about now.

6.Now, here's the thing. When prompted to move around the vynil, start by scaling it up so to the maximum. Well, it can go on forever but you'll notice that it won't go all the way down on the sides. Atleast it didn't on my Supra. That's when you move the vinyl so that it covers one side, leaving the other quite... well, uncovered. But that's about to be fixed. Press Enter or whatever button you have to complete it for now.

7.Choose to add another vinyl. This time, pick Basic Body 1 again. Try to find the exact same colours that you used the first time around. It will look a bit f*cked up with the strokes, but don't worry.

8.Repeat the procedure with scaling and moving, just to other side this time. Use your own technique of scaling and moving so that it will fit just right. I'm a bit worried about the stroke on the 2nd vinyl, but I can't seem to spot it on my Supra, so I'm hoping that you won't.

Your car should have a twotone by now. If you don't, re-read my steps and see if it works a second time. If it still doesn't look like it should, well then do as I did, take some time off and venture into the world of customization yourself.

I sincerely hope that some of you will be happy to see that you don't have to wait until someone mods a twotone vinyl for you. That's all there is to it.

EDIT: Now that I come to think of it, I haven't tried scaling the probably easier method of using the in-game twotone vinyl, but if that works too, then hooray.

MaXell Nitro
11-11-2006, 03:19 PM
|_(O)|_ :goofy:

The_GTS
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Can't you stretch it to the sides just by using the right and left and up and down kes?

demoman_chaos
11-12-2006, 06:06 PM
OR
You could just use the two-tone decal. It is under visuals-vinyls-two-tone. It covers the top of your car. Just pick your colors, then stretch the thing vertically.
TAA-DAA!!

The same thing, less steps.

The_GTS
11-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Same thing with body 1, what is the difference between body gradient and two tone?

demoman_chaos
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
nothing,as far as I can see.