View Full Version : Difference completeing carrer with tuner and exotic?

Cold Fussion
11-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Basically, i want to know if there is any difference in career mode if you start with exotic over tuner. Or the muscle car class. Thanks for you help.

The_GTS
11-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Tuners are great handling but weedy tuned engines so not as much speed.
Muscles have huge engines and great speed but handle like a peice of you-know what.
Exotics are in the middle, big engines, good speed and good handling. (Although in my experience the Brera is more like a tuner).

demoman_chaos
11-12-2006, 06:02 PM
He means the end rewards and what not, not car performance.

I have not found any difference between the 3. The same cars are unlocked and you most likely will end up using an exotic to finish the game.

Cold Fussion
11-13-2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks guys. I was kinda hopping i could unlock the Audi R8 if i choose exotic :P

demoman_chaos
11-13-2006, 06:57 AM
I beat the exotic, muscle, and am on the last race in tuner. I never got the R8. The only Audi was the Le Mans Quattro that the last guy drives, and a plain version.

But you dont have to drive tuners if you choose that class. You can drive anything, but the unlckables will be for tuners.

Dr.DooM
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
i have completed the whole game using only muscle o_0
camaro - charger - viper
easy as one - two - three . . . . .......

wuyanxu
11-15-2006, 09:20 AM
exotic are the best (and the proper way to go), i mean, why would a tuner be serving on these forums?

easy as 1 - 2 - 3:
the starting car (forgot its name) --> Benz AMG --> Benz SLR

demoman_chaos
11-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Best car to start with, (unfortunatley) is the Nissan 240. Unlcok it with the challenge series. It cost $20,000 and the upgrades are also cheap, but have great effect. Mine had full handling after upgrades (I have 3 profiles, one with each class). It ruled the streets untill I got a SLR McLaren.

The_GTS
11-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Brera - DB9 (Wolf's) - Murcielago.

Found Bushido (RX7) canyon duel easiest (overtook him on 1st straight with the DB9), then 21st street, TFK and finally with the Audi R8/Le mans Quattro.

Yup, exotics are the way to go. Tuners are annoyingly slow, and I'm too impatient to get a muscle round a corner. (Also the gear change takes 3 months sometimes.)

vette
11-15-2006, 09:38 PM
i started with the camaro than got a tuner...forgot the name...then finished with the vette....that thing is wicked fast....i easly beat all the other cars in the game with it...love that car:D

demoman_chaos
11-16-2006, 06:41 AM
People are going offftopic.
He wants to know if the rewards and vonuses are different if you choose Tuner, Exotic, or Muscle.

The ONLY difference I have noticed is with tuners, I haven't got the Carrera GT yet, and I usually had it by know.

MaXell Nitro
11-16-2006, 08:22 AM
i actulay finisdhed the game with tuners ,and i had the carrera gt only at the end ,when u unlock the 5 cars when u finish career.
tuners where good ,especialy in canyon duels. i'm not a tuner fan ,i like the cars though ,but i thought it's going to be easy to finsh the game. and it was :) i had RX8 ,RX7 ,Supra ,Cayman S :D and finished with the Skyline.

Ricochet
12-01-2006, 02:26 AM
I haven't unlocked even half the cars and I'm at 62% already :\.

PH34R
12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
http://faqs.ign.com/articles/746/746591p1.html

This may help explain why some cars can't be found at points of the game.

TargaGuy
12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I've checked that out, it doesn't really tell you how to unlock all the cars. I'm waiting for a decent walkthrough to hit the web besides that uncompleted one by some guy named EvIL_RaCeR.

Ricochet
12-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Walkthrough? Why do you need a Walkthrough for a racing game?

TargaGuy
12-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Think about it...

Zpectre
12-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Walkthrough? Why do you need a Walkthrough for a racing game?

It shows which cars are the best without the need for you to use all of them to see for yourself. In a racing game with simple physics such as NFSC, the subjective factor plays a much lesser role. I miss those times when the stats of a car actually mattered depending on the track (take for example NFS2: the McLaren was unbeatable on faster tracks, but the F50 and the Lotus could catch up to it on twisty courses like Mystic Peaks).

funny guy
12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
i have completed the whole game using only muscle o_0
camaro - charger - viper
easy as one - two - three . . . . .......

Exactly what i used..the Viper is faast.. that would be cool if Hennessey signed with EA on the next game.

TargaGuy
12-02-2006, 07:15 PM
O.o yes, that would be great and throw in an 89' Mustang while your at it.

Ricochet
12-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Brera - DB9 (Wolf's) - Murcielago.

Found Bushido (RX7) canyon duel easiest (overtook him on 1st straight with the DB9), then 21st street, TFK and finally with the Audi R8/Le mans Quattro.

Yup, exotics are the way to go. Tuners are annoyingly slow, and I'm too impatient to get a muscle round a corner. (Also the gear change takes 3 months sometimes.)

I found Angie's the easiest, even though I raced her last.

Reiji
12-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Not much of a difference; just that Neville and Sal will have cars that will have the same vehicle class.
ei:
If you chose your destination as Tuner, Neville recieves the Mazda 3
If you chose your destination as Muscle, Neville recieves the Chrysler 300C