View Full Version : little things about carbon

Pages : [1] 2

jed29
11-17-2006, 05:31 AM
1 the game is not the best i think....underground 2 was a great game
2 on line racing is not that good either....most wanted was the best
3 the challenge stages in carbon is two short...most wanted you have lots more to do
4 the graphics and highlights in carbon is pore.....underground 2 had better graphics
5 more detailed in the cars in underground 2...carbon is got great looking cars but not as many as ug2
So tell me what you think and if i am wrong then tell me......:)

jstrok7
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
It's better graphic In carbon than ug2 and carbon cars are more detailed than ug2 ones ...
And no ug2 isn't better game than carbon but MW, hp2 , hs, pu are better games .

jed29
11-17-2006, 03:19 PM
good point !!! but i think that there is a big diff in ug2 and it is because i think that there is always a betters challenge in ug2
in most wanted you can easlly see that how pore there graphics are
in carbon there are to many blind spots and i can see them
i am a computer graphic designer so i know where to look and i can see there mistakes

wuyanxu
11-18-2006, 04:10 AM
1. im sorry. but UG2 is such a poor game that as soon as i saw that races can only be entered with SUV, i stopped playing it. why on earth would ANYONE want to race with a brick?

3. Most Wanted's challange series are great, love the police chases.

jed29, can you tell me why MW's graphics are poor? i found it to be great, whereas Carbon's night scene is ugly.

jed29
11-18-2006, 04:26 AM
ok in some detailed parts near the golf course and some parts of the industrial you can see holes in the scenery and also some parts of the roads are porely made
maybe ug2 was ugly.....but the graphics was top shit.....thats what i am talking about not so much the racing
just the graphics

Anathema
11-18-2006, 10:49 AM
what are you running them on? Because I thought MW graphics were way better than UG2. If I crank the settings all the way up on both of them, MW dominates, even though, yes, there are some spots where there are temporary holes in scenery.

Night scene racing is a good excuse for cutting corners on graphics... you can't see anything... my main beef with Carbon. I had to turn up the brightness just to see edges of the track, etc.

TriniGT
11-18-2006, 01:41 PM
this is a huge step up from UG2. The only things, in comparison, that I miss from UG2 - Dyno Tuning and the (user input in) Drifting...

They could have not bothered with roof scoop options - and put that effort towards PU-esque physics (and some of the PU features in the game. I would LOVE to adjust Tyre preasure, again). That is about it.

As always, you win some and you lose some.

wuyanxu
11-18-2006, 02:49 PM
As always, you win some and you lose some.
now that's a true statement.

you win the crewman and the fun of racing 8 people
you lose the excitment of chases.

i am really not a huge fan of night scenes, as ForsakenStudios said, it's not very good for racing game. (only if you crank up the settings for volumetric lights where Carbon don't have, FEAR's lighting is perfect for a scary FPS)

jed29
11-18-2006, 04:36 PM
you are both right !!! but as i said before i am interested in the main graphics
i am using a pci express duel fuction 256 mb nvidea i have all the power i need with a fully decked computer AMD 3.7...... 4 gb ram 500 gb hd and cooling system so what i do is look for ways to make the games better and try and fix the holes....not as hard as it sounds

jstrok7
11-18-2006, 05:46 PM
@wuyanxu - Ah , F.E.A.R. Is the best FPS (Horror) game ever ! (And graphic Is incredible nice) .

@jed29 -
Well, MW or Carbon graphic aren't perfect but you can't change my mind , they are better than UG2 graphic . :P

jed29
11-18-2006, 06:34 PM
i got your point !! fear ? nothing to do with nfs
jstrok7 what do you think of hot persuit 2 ? that game was also very good....but getting back to carbon !!! the game is well made and it is a sign of better things to come
but for the mean time the fact is that carbon was a bit to easy and for the all round tests the drifting was shocking...the game was not as long as most wanted the story line wasn't the best either but from 1 to 10 i give it a 6 for all round game play

funny guy
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
I dislike drifting in Carbon. It's frustrating and unrealistic.(especially Canyon drift, regular is not as bad) I also dislike how short the game is, and the fact that only half of the cars that were supposed to be in the game are acutally in it and easily unlocked. (for the Chevelle unlock: $1,000,000 in career mode? how are you supposed to do that in less than a year??) I also think the map roads are too far apart. Maybe the next game will be better...

Arlind
11-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey Guys I just was by the ea website and i saw that they had in their store cars for nfs carbon for sell. There were cars like the gallardo, viper carrera GT.
I havent bought Carbon yet but I mean werent these cars supposed to be in the original game?
If yes, than why do i see them in the store of EA?

jed29
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
they are trying to make people buy add on cars and it is not suprising to see them hard at work doing that
the cars in the game is the basic ones and the ones in EA are supposed to be a better model
i dont think that will hit off that well
some one will buy them and you will be able to get them on sites like bear share and shareaza and kazaa
no mater what there always will be a back door to all of them

Arlind
11-18-2006, 07:37 PM
WTF?
From what i have seen the models from the game are quite cool.
And even if they had only used the same models from MW, I can say that the cars look cool enough because the gallardo, viper and carrera GT had an awsome modelling on the MW.

funny guy
11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
They are in the regular game.. That's gay

jed29
11-18-2006, 08:23 PM
but don't you want to see diff cars like fwd's and what happened to the little cars like bmw z3 z8 and mazda mx5 if they had them in it you could have more races added in the game but as i see it the super cars is all you are going to get and once again where's the ferrari's.....and where is the clk gt-r ......the game is not boring but it could of been alot better.....in carbon there is a few cars that are good but i don't think there is enough cars to be happy with.....in time it will get boring.

GT5
11-18-2006, 08:44 PM
i dont like the way the car moves (physics). they look like the rear wheels are glued dow to the ground as the car drifts...i still like it though.

jed29
11-18-2006, 10:01 PM
witch car was that one ?
the more the better i think
i would love to see a game that nfs come out with...over 100 cars that would be great
maybe a Expansion pack added on
you know a really beefy game with lots to do and more racing
that would be great and maybe a few races with about 30 laps and night and day racing mixed
wow wouldnt that be great ????

jstrok7
11-19-2006, 04:44 AM
@jed29 - Yeas It would be great , only thing left to do Is to remove ricing and the game would be perfect !

jed29
11-19-2006, 05:56 AM
haha funny
i thought that if they brought out a add on to carbon that would make it interesting

jed29
11-20-2006, 04:07 AM
nfs carbon graphics are not as good as i thought !!! i could be alot better then that !!!
i think that in time when the 64 bit really kicks in then you will see better graphics in our gaming

demoman_chaos
11-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Stop complaining about just the graphics. Heres what I think about them.
F*CK THE GRAPHICS!!!

I want to see intelligent AI, better and more cars with good bodykits. I want more destructable stuff, I want decal placing to take a few minutes, not 30 minutes(I made the General Lee in more than 35 mins.), I want some good engine sounds, better engines, more realistic upgrades for cars (like putting a 426 in place of a 440 or putting HEMI heads on a 440, etc.), and more bang with less flash.

Graphics can be HS or PU quality for all I care, just as long as I can tell waht I am doing without any trouble. Bluerays have 50 gig. (according to a PS3 commercial), use 45 gig for gameplay and the other 5 for graphics, not the other way around.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

jed29
11-20-2006, 06:43 AM
wowow thats your opinion !!! all i can say about that is good for you !!!
as far as your comment goes i am interested in parts that dont work all that much
if you are into that sort of thing great
this post is all about graphics so your comment is noted

demoman_chaos
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
You are saying you'd rahter play something with 1 car, a stupid AI, and 1 color with AMAZING graphics over an ugly game with many cars, great AI, and many colors?
To each his own, but i'd rather have gameplay over graphics, but as long as they dont hurt gameplay, I'll take great gameplay.

I have noticed a few misses in Carbon though, corners appear from the background when you are decently close to them. A few objects in a pursuit breakers seem to go through the ground when you need them to stop the cops.

jed29
11-21-2006, 02:12 AM
what i am saying is clear !!! i am all for looking at is the graphic point of veiw and of course i love racing in carbon and mw it is a great way to have fun
but in the game i have seen mistakes in the program and it is very clear that the people of EA had rushed the game instead of taking there time and getting it right.....thats all

demoman_chaos
11-21-2006, 05:36 AM
I know what you mean. Many mistakes in Carbon that could have been prevented and fixed.
I've ALSO seen mistakes in canyon drift. Sometimes when you hit the wall, it doesn't end the drift and other times it does.
It isn't a graphical error, but it is still proof that they rushed the game and didn't check everything.

jed29
11-21-2006, 03:48 PM
thats right !! you hit the nail on the head there and another thing the drifting part is very basic if you look at ug2 the drifting was the best it was hell fun and i still love doing the drift in that game
maybe next year when they bring out another nfs they will learn from there mistakes and do it right.......but thats a big iffffffff
i am hanging out for a nfs game that will have over 100 cars and many classes it is over due
all these cars are great !!! but i would like to see more bmw's and merceds bens and more of the little cars. you know C class and corv mustangs and tuff cars for B class and the clk gt-r and lamb and vanq and other big cars for A grade.......and not to say anything about concept cars would be great too

demoman_chaos
11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
They should have used the Concept challenger in the limited edition rather than the Classic Challenger.
I'd rather drive that.

BIG MISTAKE FOUND!!!
Bodykit 1 for the mustang GT has a few missing polys. It has holes. More on one side than the other.

jed29
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
i will have a look at that today and let you know what i think and thank you for telling me about it
and yes i agree about the Concept challenger in the limited edition

jstrok7
11-22-2006, 04:06 AM
They should have used the Concept challenger in the limited edition rather than the Classic Challenger.
I'd rather drive that.

BIG MISTAKE FOUND!!!
Bodykit 1 for the mustang GT has a few missing polys. It has holes. More on one side than the other.

I found big mistake too , look at the last bodykit for golf R32 , In front bumper It writes golf GTI insted of R32 which Is a prove that they just used bodykit from MW !
Lazy asses (EA) !

Revolution
11-22-2006, 05:17 AM
Bigger mistake! If you look at the completely stock EVO IX, you'll notice that it is wearing an EVO VIII rear bumper. Who else could possibly pick that but me? :P

jstrok7
11-22-2006, 03:36 PM
@lancer - There are probably more such mistakes , we only didn't find them all (Well now we see how EA was precious In making this game) :P .

jed29
11-22-2006, 04:01 PM
all three cars are faulty and thats a great point even i didnt see them
well in mw they had the same body kitts
the evo is got othher parts on it and so it looks very fake
the r32 is a waste of time

demoman_chaos
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Bigger mistake! If you look at the completely stock EVO IX, you'll notice that it is wearing an EVO VIII rear bumper.

What's the difference between them?

Revolution
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.tein.com/ti/img/sr841.jpg
EVO VIII Rear

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/584/lancerrearnw1.jpg
EVO IX Rear

demoman_chaos
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh, now I see.
The IX body style looks cleaner than the VIII.

Another Carbon problem.
Sometimes, when you don't let the car fully load (especially bad with career cars in 2-player), the changeable textures dont appear.
And sometimes, in hood view, you see through some of the parts.

jed29
11-22-2006, 08:38 PM
i saw that too when you load them up it is all to badly made....you can see the diff in the two evo's

jed29
11-23-2006, 04:03 PM
i was playing mw last night and all at once i saw this big error.....one of the trees near the golf course was fading in and out at first i thought it was a once off problem but it is always there....they rushed that game too

Ricochet
11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
From U-C, all NFSs sucked. In Carbon in the Drifting races it seems like the cars are sliding on grease.

jed29
11-24-2006, 12:26 AM
you have a big point there !!! ug2 was the best
but in carbon it really sucked i hated it big time

demoman_chaos
11-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I have a secret to Carbon drift.
I used it to get the beat the reward card challenge to get 500,000 drift points (the fact that it was a 4 lap race also helped).

If you are having trouble gaining speed for the first turn and it costs you a lot of points in later turns, try my secret........
REVERSE GEAR. Start in reverse to give yourself more room to gain speed, thus giving you more points if you don't wreck.

jed29
11-24-2006, 04:20 PM
thats very interesting !!! i will give that a go !
i am playing need for speed 4 again and it is still a very good game haha
no drifting but very good cars ;)

HSVrules
11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Pretty much, i dont care about any of these factors, i just play it because it is a fun racing game and all these fabulous cars, i dont care about the many imperfections about the game, the point is to me, it's a game, i have it, i play it, it's just something to keep my mum from giving me lots of chores

jed29
11-24-2006, 07:23 PM
hahaha thats a good point
who likes to do house work anyway
but even if you have fun in the game and yes it has it good points, there is a lot of things in this game that didnt quite add up
so it is these things that i like to talk about

demoman_chaos
11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Here is the one that angers me the most.

A punk in an EVO FLIPPED my CUDA!!! He side swiped me during a canyon race and over I went. Just a side to side impact that would have messed the EVO up BAD, the Cuda, not so much (considering the EVO is more plastic while the Cuda is american Iron).

funny guy
11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
From U-C, all NFSs sucked. In Carbon in the Drifting races it seems like the cars are sliding on grease
And then they suddenly correct themselves with you doing nothing. hard to get used to..

jed29
11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
thats another thing !! you are right the heavy cars are stronger then the plastic cars and yet they are not joudged like that in the game

demoman_chaos
11-25-2006, 09:46 AM
And then they suddenly correct themselves with you doing nothing. hard to get used to..

That is why the D-Pad is useless for that mode. I haven't used those for years (around the time I got GT3 is the time I started using manuals, bumper/hood view, and analog control. GT4 made me use the Right analog stick for the gas a brake pedals. Used them ever since).

thats another thing !! you are right the heavy cars are stronger then the plastic cars and yet they are not joudged like that in the game

The next NFS should have a weight factor, like acceleration and such, that really controls more than just how far you can push a car.
Weight effects how hard it is to correct your car, improves traction (Lighter cars have less weight on the rear axle meaning not as much pressure to keep those tires secure), and lengthens braking distance.

jed29
11-25-2006, 02:36 PM
thats a great point and nfs is getting better and more real every year
it would be great to see that in the game as i love rear power cars and the castral supra is my fav car

jed29
11-26-2006, 04:06 PM
today i installed nfs mw again i got this file error saying i needed to reinstall the progeram.
i was so pissed !!! my data didnt work either and so i have to start again and thats a pain
i will ofcourse but this error was out of the blue

jed29
11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
my nfs 4 was working great till last night !! i have a read error on that game too
whats going on ?
nfsmw and nfs 4 ?
what a sunday

GTS
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
thats a great point and nfs is getting better and more real every year

I find that hard to believe. I thought Most Wanted was great. It had tuners but you didn't need to modify your cars. It was like a choosing to lower ur heat level. A use for it there.

UG2 was not that great. I don't see Carbon as a great game. Its alright but not great. I'm unsure whether i will buy it. I was looking forward to the next NFS but as soon as I heard the name Carbon, I lost pretty much all interest.

this post is all about graphics so your comment is noted

um, can you point us all where you stated that this post was all about graphics? By the title "little things about carbon", it says anything to do with carbon.

Regards, GTS

jed29
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
carbon is not all that good !! the graphics are so so and there is lots of things that i can say about carbon and all i can say is that mw and other nfs games is that carbon is good on line when you are playing as cops and the down hill drifting and canyon racing is good but thats all !!! there are so many things wrong with the game i found itt hard to find a starting point
maybe next nfs they will not rush the game and make it better,

TriniGT
11-26-2006, 09:40 PM
funny thing happened to me today. I set up a solo, with no traffic. I dodged 2 traffic cars - in that race. lol

jed29
11-26-2006, 09:52 PM
yet another problem with carbon and i have seen that too
i have put no traffic on lots of times and yet i have crashed into them haha

Ricochet
11-27-2006, 02:47 AM
The next NFS should have a weight factor, like acceleration and such, that really controls more than just how far you can push a car.
Weight effects how hard it is to correct your car, improves traction (Lighter cars have less weight on the rear axle meaning not as much pressure to keep those tires secure), and lengthens braking distance.

What are you trying to make NFS? A Sim? NFS isn't meant to have these detailed stuff about cars and all cause it's an arcade game. If you want something in which weight does make a difference, play Forza.

jed29
11-27-2006, 03:29 AM
what are you going on about ? nfs is about racing and winning races....the game is about good graphics and great fun.....i am not making it into anything like sims and all i am trying to do is try and fix the problems that the game has and by the way i have fixed lots of the mistakes in carbon and writen many emails to the nfs web site on some of the real problems.
before you write something and attack me find out what i am trying to do and see what it is all about.
i am not here to waste anyones time and i am sorry you cant see my point of veiw.
but life goes on

demoman_chaos
11-27-2006, 05:33 AM
What are you trying to make NFS? A Sim? NFS isn't meant to have these detailed stuff about cars and all cause it's an arcade game. If you want something in which weight does make a difference, play Forza.

I would like it better if an EVO couldn't flip me just by side-swiping me. or if I could use my muscle car as a derby car and be my own blocker.

jed29
11-27-2006, 05:47 AM
i have thought that too !! i think that it sux that you cant blk other cars and do what the others do
the evo is a plastic car and it is not as heavy as the muscle car and should not be held in the same waight.

Ricochet
11-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, IMO for an arcade game, the weights of the car should be same if not different as in reality. So that it could be equal. You could push him and he could push you.

TargaGuy
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Well done...demoman another great point. It appears that EA has made another terrible mistake. Let's rewind to the begining of the game. Neville flips this cop car over by merely touching the cop. Let's see what happens when I try to flip a cop...hmmm...nothing, that's odd. What the hell EA!

@GermanAuto93: Why should the wieghts be the same? Weight is an important factor in street racing. If weight was exually distributed according to the type of car then there would be a huge difference in the game.

jed29
11-27-2006, 03:37 PM
the waight of the car on a older type is very heavy as it is all steel !!! take the evo that car is 90% plastic and the rest ?....well who knows !! my point is that if the cars and the waight was to be fixed in the game in carbon and mw then wow that would be great...you would have a hell of a on line game play where you can take out the other cars and shit all over the plastic cars haha :)

Porousbaab
11-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Well, IMO for an arcade game, the weights of the car should be same if not different as in reality. So that it could be equal. You could push him and he could push you.

well since its an "arcade" game why not go the whole way and give all the cars unlimited nos with top speeds exceeding 1000kmph and also give all cars wings that can make em fly..just because its an arcade game?

come on....u need some kind of reality in a game like nfs. whats the use of playing a game where a small car can push a much bigger one than itself?

jed29
11-28-2006, 02:20 AM
thats a good point !!! but i dont agree with you !! simple.....so even if it is just a game it could be better and besides you say what you like and think what you like....if you dont like to talk about my thread then go some where else and put your two cents worth in ok mate ?

demoman_chaos
11-28-2006, 05:42 AM
I'dust like to knock out my own opponents with a well timed hit during a turn (like I am an expert at doing on Test Drive: Eve of Destruction) instead of having to wait for my blocker to catch back up after he makes a mistake. And I'd like to be able to budge to computer opponents.

I dont think the weight should be a simulation, but it needs to be a factor.

jed29
11-28-2006, 06:54 AM
thats right !! i would love to knock the cars around too
but when i try i am the one that will go flying not the other cars
it is dissapointing

TriniGT
11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
You know what.. The physics do change between Drift, Canyon Duel, and the other race modes. Instead of having to code so many different modes/physics-effects - why not just do 2 (ie. Arcade and Sim)?

10 years of NFS.. Think EA needs to step up the game experience a little more

Definitely agree about the car inertia problem. Cannot recall that problem - with HP or PU

jed29
11-28-2006, 02:53 PM
once upon a time you could have a look inside the cars but as you said now thats been lost.
in the last 10 years i have seen the changes in the games and i am sorry to say that nfs high stakes is still one of the best when it comes to inertia as you can make it and design your own

demoman_chaos
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
PU was the best. It had good graphics (not highest quality, but clean graphics and damage), the physics were great, you got driver view and could look left and right as well as diagonal, you got to do performance upgrades that were more detail than level 1 and such, tuning the cars air pressure and detailed things like that, LARGE amount of cars compared to most all others, and oyu could turn on your blinkers and other devices never used in any other game.

jed29
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
thats sooo right and pu was good in other parts too the tracks and weather was really good and the snow was wild too
i still play pu so thats a good point

TriniGT
11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
PU PWNS!

Plain and Simple

jed29
11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
yes it is and carbon weather was shit too
i would love to see another nfs in other weather than just rain

Ricochet
11-29-2006, 03:25 AM
well since its an "arcade" game why not go the whole way and give all the cars unlimited nos with top speeds exceeding 1000kmph and also give all cars wings that can make em fly..just because its an arcade game?

come on....u need some kind of reality in a game like nfs. whats the use of playing a game where a small car can push a much bigger one than itself?

Did I say that? I didn't mean to make it completely unrealistic, I meant to make it simple, like Midnight Club 3, it's plain simple physics and its still a great game.

jed29
11-29-2006, 03:49 AM
nfs carbon is a good game and i liked it ....but i still think that they shouldn't of rushed it and made more races and did more to the game

Mr. Carrera
11-29-2006, 06:39 AM
PU was the best. It had good graphics (not highest quality, but clean graphics and damage), the physics were great, you got driver view and could look left and right as well as diagonal, you got to do performance upgrades that were more detail than level 1 and such, tuning the cars air pressure and detailed things like that, LARGE amount of cars compared to most all others, and oyu could turn on your blinkers and other devices never used in any other game.

yea... thats why its my favorite nfs... the blinkers and how you could open the convertible tops just show how much they payed attention to the detail. Now we can't even turn the lights on or off... sigh

jed29
11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
yes the graphics are pore in the new most wanted and carbon
they rushed the game for sure

Ricochet
11-30-2006, 05:24 AM
IMO they worked hardest on HS (they added damage detail), PU and HP2.

jed29
11-30-2006, 05:38 AM
yes they did and high stakes is still my fav nfs as it never gets boring
the only thing i cant seem to play on line anymore
i think they canned it
no server
pu was also a very good nfs as it had good damage control and weather
there was a few errors in pu in some of the courses the car hit something and yet there is nothing there....did you see them in your game play ?
back to carbon you can see the mistakes in that game clearly.....

demoman_chaos
11-30-2006, 05:54 AM
It is usually a part of the background/wall sticking out into the track or a fencepost sticking out.

jed29
11-30-2006, 03:50 PM
i cant see it at all and so i know in tree parts of the track that they are the same.
it is the only nfs game that has errors in the road i think.
but all round game ? it is a one of the best as it had lots of work done on it.

demoman_chaos
11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Just figured out something (on Carbon), with a classic muscle, with the blown over autosculpt hood, with the blower out, if you go between 110 and 120 mph., a hole appears in the blower.

jed29
12-01-2006, 12:26 AM
i will have to have a look at that one
you see you annd me are finding holes in everything haha

TargaGuy
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Cool, demoman, I'll have to check that out sometime. :)

jed29
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
the arse end of the evo is not good either if you have a look there is a few holes in that too
and you are right i have seen that mistake too

TargaGuy
12-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Twisting the topic, does anyone else think EA should make unlocking cars a bit easier to understand in Carbon. I mean, half the people here don't know how the hell to unlock the MR2, AE86 and a bunch of other cars EA has apparently hidden from society. I though EA made it pretty clear on how to unlock cars in MW...why couldn't they carry that one good feature from MW into Carbon instead of all this new Autoscuplt crap?

Ricochet
12-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Man you'll do anything to raise your post count would you?
I found another glitch (PS2), when I hit the Water Tower PB the whole bucket falls into the ground and any cop which touches it doesn't even get a scratch

TargaGuy
12-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Man you'll do anything to raise your post count would you?

No, it's just that I'm at work all day and want to catch up w/ everyone else and the end of the day, so I post a lot.

funny guy
12-02-2006, 06:02 PM
He was talking to jed 29. Although 286 posts in 3 months is quite alot..

jed29
12-07-2006, 06:57 PM
it doesnt matter how many posts you have
the point is that everyone gets a say

demoman_chaos
12-09-2006, 02:28 PM
The hole in the blower happens on all of them.
The lower the blower and the faster you go, the bigger the hole.

jed29
12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
thats amazing
i have to have a good look at that one
seen anything else wrong with the car ?

GM Lover
12-09-2006, 04:19 PM
About the unlocking cars thing, EA screwed up, and they even adamitted it. (Wow, thats a first) Check it out here.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/#13310

jed29
12-09-2006, 04:53 PM
what do you mean thats the first ? there has been problems in every game they brought out need for speed 5 was the worst
you go along the road and all at once you hit something and crash
in nfs 6 there is a hole in the graphics in one of the cities
and the list goes on

jed29
12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
is anyone going to vote for my post ?

demoman_chaos
12-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Stop double posting, jed. Just have some patience.

NFS 5 was the BEST. The only time you it something was when you hit the wall, or was riding on it.

Back on topic: When I was "fixing" Neville's screwed up Mustang, I went to see if the holes would appear when I go the bodykit that had them (posted on previous pages), it was not messed up. It was when I did it in the MY Cars section, but not modifying Neville's.

Strange, it only appears in certain places.

Ricochet
12-09-2006, 10:05 PM
what do you mean thats the first ? there has been problems in every game they brought out need for speed 5 was the worst
you go along the road and all at once you hit something and crash
in nfs 6 there is a hole in the graphics in one of the cities
and the list goes on

He means that its the first time that EA admits that they made a mistake.

jed29
12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
thats right they did and another thing in the game carbon there is a problem in some of the short cuts...you hit things that are not there
i have been looking at this for a few weeks now and it is the same every time

demoman_chaos
12-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Where are those at?

Sinister
12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
i hav't had any of those problems, the only one i've seen is the random crash.

jed29
12-11-2006, 05:55 PM
they are in two spots one near the s cerves and the other in the Indrustrial zone shit flys everywhere but you see nothin

demoman_chaos
12-11-2006, 06:25 PM
WHICH S-curve? Are you talking about the ones in Silverton {the last area} (I think, either that or Fortuna {Exotic area}) you drive drive staright through without turning?

WHERE in Kempton {industrial area}?

You need to be a bit more specific.

jed29
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
it's in the Silverton the last area and in that s curve there is a short cut there you go thou and there is nothing to see but you hit stuff and it slows you right down

demoman_chaos
12-12-2006, 05:49 AM
Which one? There are many S-curves. Which sub-area of Silverton?

jed29
12-12-2006, 06:12 AM
i am not sure you go around a corner into it and there is a short cut and you go in it and first you hit stuff and if you go back straight away and you see there is nothing there you still hit something and shit does flying slowing you down and you dont see anything you hit and you repeat it and everytime it happens again and again
big stuff up

jed29
12-16-2006, 02:30 AM
this is getting boring you guys....there must be something to complane about lol

jed29
12-16-2006, 07:37 AM
people there is alot of things i can say about on line racing but all i can say right now is that i am very pissed off with people that pick on people and make them feel bad for just having a race and my point is that if you win by good racing then they should not have anything bad to say about it and get a life or play something that they can handle

Ricochet
12-16-2006, 09:04 AM
You get a life, now you've done a triple-post.

demoman_chaos
12-16-2006, 11:56 AM
GermanAuto got you there.
BE PATIENT!!! And dont post so many times within so little time. ONLY double post is it is 150% needed (I am guilty of double posting myslef, but only when needed, not because nobody else posted within a day).

mx19
12-16-2006, 01:18 PM
i hate that since ug-s when you hit your opponent with 250~300kmh in the rear wheel nothings happen... do you remember how sweet was to hit opponent in previous series?

Killua
12-16-2006, 01:42 PM
jed... please stop double and triple-posting. Also, it would be good if you use commas and periods. Most of the complaints have been done, people don't want to post anymore.

Personally, I think Carbon is a pretty good game, what annoys me is the problem about unlocking cars... and I hate the drift physics.

jed29
12-16-2006, 04:16 PM
killua no worries ok ok i get it

demoman_chaos
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
I have a good glitch. Just check out my Viper and you will see it right off the bat.

Here is a quick link to the Viper.
http://www.nfscars.net/showroom.php?do=show&section=nfs10&id=12325

If you can't tell what is messed up, GET BETTER GLASSES!!!!

jed29
12-21-2006, 01:39 AM
thats a bould statement need new glasses....thanks for the respect...look i have had a look at the viper and so what ? i dont like them, corvettes are my fav cars

Ricochet
12-21-2006, 02:56 AM
Why do you think that every damn post is for you? He's talking to everyone. Sheesh...

demoman_chaos
12-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Can anyone tell him what is not right on my Viper.

When I said GET BETTER GALSSES, I mean if you can't tell what it wrong with that picture (besides the quality, I have the PS2 version you know) (and you actually need to click the link), than you DO need thicker glasses.

jed29
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
ok ok have you have a ps2 well the pc ver is still the same and vipers have never been a fav of mine...and for all you people out there that think that this is just my post ? you are wrong !! i am just adding my comment to people that reply to mine.

demoman_chaos
12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Did you see what is wrong on that picture?
Actually look and tell me what you see.

Ricochet
12-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I think he doesn't know anything about the HEMI.
I found a bug while doing a Canyon duel with the Lancer, the Lancer disappears and reappears at the beginning when it's showing him following me.

jed29
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
i have seen that one too
so does the wrx does the same thing

jed29
12-30-2006, 03:55 PM
the lancer and the wrx are notthe only cars that have grapic problems....i have seen most of the cars doing the same thing.........i think it isa a graphic problem...maybe a faulty file or two

Ricochet
12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Please make up your mind before you post, in order that you may avoid double-posting.

jed29
12-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Please make up your mind before you post, in order that you may avoid double-posting.

you have just reminded me that twice.......thank you for both of them

t3ku
12-31-2006, 08:04 AM
As far the disapearing thing is concerned, I finished a race, got into pursuit, used racebreaker through roadblock, ended pursuit and once I got to relax i noticed the car's body was missing and interior...and about everything else...
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18943
:|

demoman_chaos
12-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Happened to my Charger when I was racing in 2 player mode. I didn't let the car fully load and it happened.

jed29
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
it is not good when the main thing in the game matters most Disappears...i think its time for a new patch EA to fix this problem

demoman_chaos
12-31-2006, 05:55 PM
He has the 360 version, not PC.

jed29
12-31-2006, 07:39 PM
it happens most in pc ver.......as i dont have a 360 i cant see that problem....but i know this !! it happens lots on pc

demoman_chaos
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
JaxInc has a video of the problem.

Click the link and watch the vid posted at the bottom of his post.

Ricochet
12-31-2006, 09:07 PM
I think thats a result of rushing the game.

jed29
12-31-2006, 10:04 PM
EA has to rush out a nfs every year to get the big $$$$$ but if they slowed down a bit and even if it takes 2 years to bring out a super nfs then i would gladly wait for it......

Ricochet
01-01-2007, 04:43 AM
YOU would gladly wait, but most of the EA fanboiz wouldn't.

jed29
01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
YOU would gladly wait, but most of the EA fanboiz wouldn't.

you are prob right !! the real dollars are in china and japan....they all dont like to wait.....they all get very bord and very fast.....the rest of the world can prob wait.....

t3ku
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Actually i found something out...that my car's body parts going invisa was a glitch yes, but someone go to that spot by the hotel and the parking area like my vid. I went there again to cooldown again in my skyline and this time my 360 locked up, same spot, same point and its the first time the game has ever locked up at all, more less my 360.

GM Lover
01-01-2007, 01:00 PM
its the first time the game has ever locked up at all

Pffft, the PS2 version freezes a lot. Every time I go to "Free Roam" instead of "World Map" the game freezes. Also, if I put a new vinyl layout on my car and go to "World Map" without saving first, it freezes.

TargaGuy
01-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Send it back to EA.

GM Lover
01-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Send it back to EA.

Well, the thing is my friend also has Carbon for PS2, and his freezes up also. I would love to send it back to EA with a little letter about what I think of them, but I dont think they would do anything. :|

TargaGuy
01-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Do you have a local GameStop? I remember taking my busted Sims game to them and they fixed it. Do you think there is a scratch on the disk?

t3ku
01-01-2007, 03:03 PM
No thats just PS2 for you...Ive heard of other high res games doing the same thing to it, also making a very nice wining sound from the unit >_>
The odd thing was m 360 didnt make any noise like it was overheating, the fans didnt spin up, the disc didnt spin abnormally, noise was the normal loud ;\ It just kind locked when my cooldown bar filled. Like I said glitch....one of many apprently... MW had some...but this one has tons, and so far not being able to win money and buy cars is pissing me off...

demoman_chaos
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Mine has a bad habit of freezing during some loading screens.

And on one file I deleted (AFTER I found this glitch), Whenever I tried to select a car in quick race, it would freeze while loading the car (in the garage, and only on THAT profile).

philm1
01-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Mine has a bad habit of freezing during some loading screens.

Same here. And I doubt EA will do anything about this, for a while. Stupid freezes happen after I play nfsc for a few hours.(This also happened in UG2, MW)

Revolution
01-01-2007, 04:57 PM
And on one file I deleted (AFTER I found this glitch), Whenever I tried to select a car in quick race, it would freeze while loading the car (in the garage, and only on THAT profile).

Arghh that happened to my Brera in my first profile!
The trouble is that the Brera was the first car I customised so its the first one that appears when you click on My Cars. So whenever I try to look at ANY of my cars or make a new one, the game will crash to the desktop.

Recently I haven't even been able to start Carbon up. I get the flashscreen with the EVO and the Challenger drifting down the hill, then nothing.

Quite frankly this is not good enough. I spent good money on this game, I expect it to work properly.

jed29
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
the playstation 2 is getting older now and i think when playstation 3 comes out here in australia the carbon game will be better and faster....i think that EA should of waited to bring out nfs carbon on the ps3.....the old ps2 cant handle it.......

TargaGuy
01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
N the PS2 can handle it, it's just that EA (once again) slacked on the older consoles (GC, PS2 & XBox) and focused on the new ones. I was dissapointed when I saw the quality of my friends GC Carbon game.

Of course, yes the PS2 is getting a bit old.

jed29
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
N the PS2 can handle it, it's just that EA (once again) slacked on the older consoles (GC, PS2 & XBox) and focused on the new ones. I was dissapointed when I saw the quality of my friends GC Carbon game.

i dont have the playstation 2...so i dont seee it all the time, but my brother has it and it is slow as, i have it on the pc and it rocks.
but i hate the drift in carbon thats about all

Ricochet
01-01-2007, 11:16 PM
i dont have the playstation 2...so i dont seee it all the time, but my brother has it and it is slow as, i have it on the pc and it rocks.
but i hate the drift in carbon thats about all
I thought you had 4-5 reasonswhy you hate Carbon on your first post on this thread :o.

I agree, like I said before, Carbon and MW had the potential to look very good even on the 6th-gen consoles, its just that EA now concentrates on the new consoles, and that too hurriedly.
I mean, even HP2 for PS2 looks better than Carbon.

the playstation 2 is getting older now and i think when playstation 3 comes out here in australia the carbon game will be better and faster....i think that EA should of waited to bring out nfs carbon on the ps3.....the old ps2 cant handle it.......
FYI, the PS2 can handle games as good as the XBox360.

I have no freezing in Carbon in my PS2 :\. The game works fine, only that it takes long to load even a stupid vinyl.

jed29
01-02-2007, 12:08 AM
yes even the comon playstation 1 game need for speed high stakes take longer to load on the ps2
some games are not as good on the ps2 some take longer

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 12:36 AM
you're kidding right?
I hardly had to wait for the races and cars to show up in HS when i played it on PS2.

jed29
01-02-2007, 01:01 AM
maybe the playstation 2 that my brother has is not a good unit....

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 05:37 AM
He didn't take care of it, that's most likely the reason.

jed29
01-02-2007, 05:49 AM
no thats not it !! maybe it was a weak buy....i mean the playstation is not that good.....who knows

Finraziel
01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
I've never seen any graphical glitches like that here (PC version), but that might be related to what videocard/driver you're using... Mine does crash to desktop quite regularly though, but luckily the autosave so far has always done its job properly and it only seems to crash while loading, so I just have to restart the game to continue where I left of.

t3ku
01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a Vram issue there to me, i had a simular issue with Halo until i raised my Vram and then it quit crashing to my desktop. Just a possibility...

majigitajog
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I didn't bother with Carbon for the computer, because I have a lemon of a computer. I went straight to PS2, and it has froze a couple of times on the loading screen, as well.

jed29
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
carbon and most wanted have to have very high graphic details....the playstation 2 has to be at the very min for it to play.
now for the pc.....if you have a lemon of a computer then all you need is a better graphic card and more ram.....prossecer speed more than 755 ghz.....then you can have carbon and most wanted.....easy !!!

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
carbon and most wanted have to have very high graphic details....the playstation 2 has to be at the very min for it to play.
now for the pc.....if you have a lemon of a computer then all you need is a better graphic card and more ram.....prossecer speed more than 755 ghz.....then you can have carbon and most wanted.....easy !!!
Oh, like they already don't have good graphics :o.
And 755 GHz?! You're crazy.

jed29
01-02-2007, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=GermanAuto93;343547]Oh, like they already don't have good graphics :o.
And 755 GHz?! You're crazy.[/QUO bloody hell you again
read my last post.........

Ricochet
01-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I did and even replied to it.

-=-BLiZZaRD-=-
01-05-2007, 06:12 AM
:D i love reading when you guys "pick" on Jed29 :P
Jed29 plz can you start thinking a bit? I'm not sure that you are that stupid. No hard feelings, but..... I have never seen enyone writing like you. As it was said before, use (.) (,) (;) (:) and rest.... And not every post which is posted in this forum, is meant only for you. I hope you understand :o And, yes, make up your mind before you post ;)

jed29
01-05-2007, 06:26 AM
:D i love reading when you guys "pick" on Jed29 :P
Jed29 plz can you start thinking a bit? I'm not sure that you are that stupid. No hard feelings, but..... I have never seen enyone writing like you. As it was said before, use (.) (,) (;) (:) and rest.... And not every post which is posted in this forum, is meant only for you. I hope you understand :o And, yes, make up your mind before you post ;)

all right you have my attention......i never write things that i dont mean and besides have you seen the bull-shit other people are writing ? please give me a break !!! i am not the only one here that says a few things wrong and you know it.
as for me thinking that all posts are for me only !! i never thought that and never will.....i love this site and i have been here for a very long time and being 36 years old i have a bit of Responsibility to all the younger people.
i never said i was the brains here either....by the way thank you for the tip anyway.......but i will say what i feel and if people out there don't like that then thats bad luck.......

-=-BLiZZaRD-=-
01-05-2007, 06:39 AM
all right you have my attention......i never write things that i dont mean and besides have you seen the bull-shit other people are writing ? please give me a break !!! i am not the only one here that says a few things wrong and you know it.
as for me thinking that all posts are for me only !! i never thought that and never will.....i love this site and i have been here for a very long time and being 36 years old i have a bit of Responsibility to all the younger people.
i never said i was the brains here either....by the way thank you for the tip anyway.......but i will say what i feel and if people out there don't like that then thats bad luck.......

Ok ok. First of all i don't need any kind attention from noone who "thinks" he is speciall on this forum. And second: you wrote " i have been here for a very long time". That doesn't make you "speciall" ;)
BTW, that word that u wrote "bull-****", if you feel Responsible for younger people, plz don't wrike like that. Thats my advice .....

Ricochet
01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I can't believe a 36 year old is writing like this 0_o

jed29
01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I can't believe a 36 year old is writing like this 0_o

whats your problem ? you have always dug holes in everything i say !!! are you in this for that reason ?
go pick on someone else !!! or i will report you

Revolution
01-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't mean to be rude at all, but your spelling and grammar are atrocious.
No offence intended, but I think that's what GA93 is getting at.

jed29
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
my spelling is not that good for a reason...i cant understand why people pick on people with spelling problems !!! everyone is not made the same and being single handed has a few bad points too.

Revolution
01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
The reason it is good to have correct spelling is that NFSCars is home to many members from around the world who don't speak English as their first language, so I'm sure you can appreciate that it only complicates things and makes it difficult to understand what people are saying if there are many grammatical and spelling errors in posts.

jed29
01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
i understand and thanks

demoman_chaos
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Found a new problem:
when racing in 2 player with 2 of your cars in the My Cars section, the first player's car has no body, just floating windows and lights with the tires (looks like what happened to Jax's car.

jed29
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
i have not seen that one i will have to take a look......is it on the pc or the playstation 2 ?

demoman_chaos
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
PS2. It is on split-screen multiplayer.

jed29
01-06-2007, 08:07 PM
i will have to have a look on my brothers playstation 2

demoman_chaos
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
You need two custom cars from the my cars section (maybe career cars disappear too).
P1's car will disappear. Might happen on other consoles as well.

Ricochet
01-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't have any problem like that.

demoman_chaos
01-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Have you tried 2 player SPLIT-SCREEN with two cars from your my cars garage?
or is it probably a PS2 thing.

Ricochet
01-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Ehem, I play it all the time with my brother..... Carrera GT and an SLR racing in the Canyon.

demoman_chaos
01-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Just making sure. PC people can't help in this matter.

Are those cars visually modified. i first realized it when I tried to drag race my two hotrods I made (a Charger and G.T. 500), at at least the blowers showed up.

Ricochet
01-08-2007, 06:39 AM
The Carrera GT is sort of like the Mirage GT Evolution, Red paint, black rims, and a carbon spoiler.

The SLR is stock, only black in colour.

demoman_chaos
01-08-2007, 12:14 PM
My hot rods were pretty heavily modified (visual and performance). They each had some cool flame work and classic colors.

jed29
01-09-2007, 07:11 AM
the game was crap.....4 bosses that didnt know how to drive and made them out to be great....there was a hole lot of races that didnt mean very much and the drifting in carbon was the worst i have ever seen in a need for speed game.
the game was boring and very fast to finish.....
the graphics was slopy and yet again it was a night game.....most wanted was a game that was better in so many ways...didnt have drifting but it would of been so much better if it did.
all and all it was dissapointing......

mecca6801
01-10-2007, 12:26 AM
so what do you think will make the perfect NFS game?

i felt that nfs u2 was on the right path overall like the fine tuning and the url was hot. nfs most wanted (which brought back hot pursuit was like a blast from the past) carbon is graphically better (especially on the pc) and they fixed alotta physycs bugs (especially when using the speed breaker) too bad they (EA) cant simply put all the best aspect of the series in one game and maybe make online expansion packs. i mean **** an A give us more bang for our buck

hopefully i'm not alone with my thoughts

laterz... \m/

Finraziel
01-10-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't even see how it's so much better in the graphics department on PC, but perhaps that is because carbon forced me to lower the resolution from 1600x1200 down to 1280x1024 which makes it look worse even if it does have some better effects (the lighting is cool). I guess you need an 8800GTX or an SLI/crossfire setup to run carbon at 1600x1200 with all the eyecandy turned on.
As for the perfect NFS game, at the very least it should have lan play, that's the thing I'm still the most miffed about since the game most likely will not have a lot of competitions on lanparties, unless they have a reliable internet connection which usually can't be guaranteed.

Ricochet
01-10-2007, 04:01 AM
the game was crap.....4 bosses that didnt know how to drive and made them out to be great....there was a hole lot of races that didnt mean very much and the drifting in carbon was the worst i have ever seen in a need for speed game.
the game was boring and very fast to finish.....
the graphics was slopy and yet again it was a night game.....most wanted was a game that was better in so many ways...didnt have drifting but it would of been so much better if it did.
all and all it was dissapointing......
At one point you said drifting wasn't good in Carbon and the next thing in your post you say MW would have been better with drifting?

so what do you think will make the perfect NFS game?

i felt that nfs u2 was on the right path overall like the fine tuning and the url was hot. nfs most wanted (which brought back hot pursuit was like a blast from the past) carbon is graphically better (especially on the pc) and they fixed alotta physycs bugs (especially when using the speed breaker) too bad they (EA) cant simply put all the best aspect of the series in one game and maybe make online expansion packs. i mean **** an A give us more bang for our buck

hopefully i'm not alone with my thoughts

laterz... \m/
I think MW was the best of the 4 latest NFSs. But the best ones are HP2 and HS.

But my dream NFS would be TDU :D.

jed29
01-10-2007, 04:07 AM
thats right i said that and i would love just for once see a need for speed with drifting in the day light and not boring night as always....dont you think its about time to see a few changes ?

Ricochet
01-10-2007, 04:23 AM
well, drifitng isn't good-looking anytime, but its more suitable to night than day

jed29
01-10-2007, 04:37 AM
well, drifitng isn't good-looking anytime, but its more suitable to night than day

how can you say that ? you have never seen that in the day light !!! no one has !!! like i said it would be interesting to see it even if turned out a flop..

Finraziel
01-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Hmm, this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6082164220224172061&q=drift) looks pretty cool to me...
Of course, if EA were to create a proper game, they could create a carreer mode where you can choose to drift if you want, but you don't have to, and the same for other things like drag races (I hate them but only because of EA's whacky control scheme for them). However, a game like that would last longer than a year, and they can't do that because then why would you buy another NFS next year?

edit: actually, this video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4066772953169567362&q=drift) is better. It's pretty long, and somewhat boring at times, but if you stick with it (or skip through it a bit) you can see some pretty damn cool drifts.

demoman_chaos
01-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Optional drift and option Drag, optional weather and daylight, many exotics, Ferrari's, maybe a few muscles (Like a 67 Cobra or 71 LS6 Corvette), tracks in the canyons among other places, maybe a Supra or NSX, and how bout some PU physics.

THE perfect NFS (second one I dreamed up, other one is HP2).

jed29
01-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Optional drift and option Drag, optional weather and daylight, many exotics, Ferrari's, maybe a few muscles (Like a 67 Cobra or 71 LS6 Corvette), tracks in the canyons among other places, maybe a Supra or NSX, and how bout some PU physics.

THE perfect NFS (second one I dreamed up, other one is HP2).

that would be a great looking game...take a bit of every nfs game and make a super nfs :D

OD211
01-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Don't forget the optional clutch.

jed29
01-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Don't forget the optional clutch.

that would be great to see too.

demoman_chaos
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Hard to do on consoles without a steering wheel attachment.

Revolution
01-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Which consoles don't have a steering wheel available?
I know there are some dodgy wheels out there for the Xbox/360, and the PS2/PS3/PC have the best ones (ie Logitech DFP & G25), you can get a thingy for the Wiimote, and if you still have a gamecube.. well go buy a different console. :P

HSVrules
01-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I have a Logitech Wingan Formula GP for my PC, it is defenatley great, too bad it doesn't have a shifter

t3ku
01-10-2007, 11:55 PM
MadCatz universal wheel for me ;\
works decently, just x button sticks...

demoman_chaos
01-11-2007, 06:01 AM
I had a Madcatz PS1 sterring wheel and a Logitech Wingman for PC. They both were junk. The Madcatz had missing pins. The Logitech wasn't working when I got it (from my Uncle).

Ricochet
01-11-2007, 06:40 AM
that would be a great looking game...take a bit of every nfs game and make a super nfs :D
Except the Us :rolleyes5

mecca6801
01-12-2007, 12:59 AM
which one had the best drifting?

mecca6801
01-12-2007, 01:08 AM
would i be in the wrong to say that i had more fun playing MC 3 over NFSU2?

Finraziel
01-12-2007, 02:32 AM
Logitech Driving Force Pro is godly... and I love the logitech wingman team for creating PC windows drivers even though it's marketed as a PS2 only wheel :D.
I havent been able to test their G25 in an actual game unfortunately, but I've played around with it a bit without it being attached to a computer and I must say the triggers behind the steering wheel (for shifting, usually) didn't feel so great... The rest of the wheel is pretty cool though, I just think I'd hate those triggers because it seemed like you had to move them pretty far before there was a click from the microswitches, and then you could move them quite a bit further, which might become quite bothersome if you'd quickly want to shift down like 3 gears.

demoman_chaos
01-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Except the Us :rolleyes5

Whats wrong with the Us? What did the Us do to you :thinking:?

Ricochet
01-12-2007, 06:53 AM
What I'm saying is that there is nothing so special in the Us that we could use to make an NFS made of mixtures of the previous ones.

would i be in the wrong to say that i had more fun playing MC 3 over NFSU2?
No, you're absolutely right.

demoman_chaos
01-12-2007, 01:23 PM
The US has most terrain types. That's something.

BUT US areas are getting boring.
NFS should go to Europe. Just countries in and around Europe. Try some Italian roads and maybe some English roads. Include some of the Autobahn and some of the Mountains.
Only include some American cars, like the 'Vette and Viper, maybe a 'Stang, but keep it mostly european supercars and sports cars.

TargaGuy
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
They tried to copy (and did well) Italian & surrounding areas in NFS HP2. I thought NFS HP2 had some of the best track in the series.

About the Autobahn, damn, that's when things will start going uphill, if EA travels to Europe and adds the Autobahn, sales will boom. I can already imagine driving the Bimmers and MBs down the highway. Imagine the speeds you could reach and the exilerating feel.

Carbon had a few good highways, but nothing in Carbon would compare w/ the Autobahn.

jed29
01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
They tried to copy (and did well) Italian & surrounding areas in NFS HP2. I thought NFS HP2 had some of the best track in the series.

About the Autobahn, damn, that's when things will start going uphill, if EA travels to Europe and adds the Autobahn, sales will boom. I can already imagine driving the Bimmers and MBs down the highway. Imagine the speeds you could reach and the exilerating feel.

Carbon had a few good highways, but nothing in Carbon would compare w/ the Autobahn.

that is sp true.....i would get that game....also if EA traveled to australia and had a look at some of the out back roads we have here that would be very good too

mecca6801
01-13-2007, 12:05 AM
i agree, we do need tracks that examplify "speed" bloody hell man, the highest speed i hit on carbon was 210 mph on nfsu2 i hit 222mph! **** i wish they kept the fine tunning in carbon! i hope they do make a nfs based in europe, i'm trying to feel like im catching bugs through my screen!!!

Ricochet
01-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Yeah, but it shouldn't be called Europe, otherwise it won't look good, at least to me.

mecca6801
01-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but it shouldn't be called Europe, otherwise it won't look good, at least to me.

how about NFS Addrenaline
(note, i know i spelled that wrong, i just woke up!)

mecca6801
01-13-2007, 12:25 PM
stupid question, is anyone here on myspace?

TargaGuy
01-13-2007, 12:39 PM
stupid question, is anyone here on myspace?

:rolleyes:

Back on topic:

A good name for the next NFS game (if it has a European-based area), would be: Need for Speed - Overseas.

I don't know, I'm slow today...it's Saturday.

The game should feature Autobahn type highways, and rugged Italian landscapes. Also, some great forests. (Basically a HP2).

mecca6801
01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
we all knw that if they do make one, it's probally gonna have the biggest wank job of a wuss name ever (probally something in "fratallian!") lol

Ricochet
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
No, let's drop the European idea.

TargaGuy
01-14-2007, 08:21 AM
It seems like a good idea, but we've bascially said everything.

Any other ideas? Asian landscape?

OD211
01-14-2007, 11:59 AM
EA should fuse the good landscapes, size them down enough, and we should have a good city for the next game. It would have nice mountain passes with tight corners (and hopefully gutters this time as well). It would have beautiful locations. It would simply be awesome.

t3ku
01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Ahhhh, Rocky Pass from HS....that brings back memories ;\

demoman_chaos
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
A port-side city with a nice countryside and some cliffs. That's a start. No real city name. Just names like Hometown and Dolphin Cove.

Dektra
01-15-2007, 04:08 AM
i reckon model it on an actual city. like Miami, Berlin, or Sydney. something people can relate too. It seemed to work for the Midtown Madness series.

Ricochet
01-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Why not have all those tracks like Redrock Ridge and Atlantica, but they're all joined with one another, i.e. Dolphin Cove to Hometown via Lost Canyons. And make them all areas, not lines of roads.

OD211
01-15-2007, 08:35 AM
How about this? First. Old tracks updated and the compatible ones modified further so that they can be linked together.

Examples:

.Hometown + Country Woods (without snow) + Summit (without snow) + Mystic Peaks (without snow) + Rocky Pass + temporary snowy weather (as in, all four tracks have snow, but not every single day)
.Redrock Ridge + Lost Canyons
.Atlantica + Aquatica
.Dolphin Cove + Vertigo Ridge
.Last Resort + Tropical (not really sure of the name, but it's that track-set from TNFS that has a beach)
.Empire City + Monolithic Studios + City (the track-set from TNFS) + Durham Road + Pacific Spirit
.etc.

Next, the areas are given names. After that, they're linked to the main city of the next NFS game. But most areas won't be able to link directly.

What do you think? Too bad for us that EA uses deadlines so this would never come since their NFS team wouldn't be able to finish it in time.

demoman_chaos
01-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Good plan. A city for the FnF tuner people, and the lcassic locations for older NFS's fans. Great landscapes with great cars and Daylight!!
Quick race weather and time of day controls. And no over-the-top bodykits for Exotics or Muscles, not even for tuners.
No more E v. M v. T, just pick a car and race it against other cars.

t3ku
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I would love if the tracks were inter connected, in HS they cops always said near the turn offs(that didnt really exist) the name of another track. It would be nice if they were all connected to form one large city like UG2, that thing was huge... But be all the classic tracks we know and love, but revamped with updated graphics :P Ya...Atlantica to Aquatica to Dolphin Cove, and Hometown to Country Woods to Kindiak Parks, Lost Canyons to RedRock Ridge(although basically same track :\), ect...
But ya that would be sweeeeet.... and the test tracks from HS, those could be combined into one for a Nuburgring style track :)

Killua
01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I love the idea... imagine all those great tracks together... wow...

jed29
01-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I love the idea... imagine all those great tracks together... wow...

here is for wish-full thinking......lol
but it would be great to see the good old days

demoman_chaos
01-16-2007, 05:59 AM
It won't happen though. With EA in their current mind set, well be lucky if we ever get back to the light. Especially if a new FnF comes out in 07.

If FnF is finally gone, then we will start seeing more daylight, look what happened with MW. No FnF releases and it had more of the old, less of the new, and daylight.

But NFS will NEVER be the same without Ferrari.

Ricochet
01-16-2007, 07:05 AM
It won't happen though. With EA in their current mind set, well be lucky if we ever get back to the light. Especially if a new FnF comes out in 07.

If FnF is finally gone, then we will start seeing more daylight, look what happened with MW. No FnF releases and it had more of the old, less of the new, and daylight.

But NFS will NEVER be the same without Ferrari.

Even if FnF is gone, its virus will still be spreaded within those who watched it and did the same thing. BTWs this tuning was there even before FnF.

OD211
01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Yes, but ricing was near extinction before FnF. Then some idiot decided to make a car starring "tuned" cars and we have the current NFS games. Before FnF, the automotive community had a lot of intelligent people and tuners who didn't uglify and downgrade their cars. Now, we have a lot of brainwashed kids. Fortunately for me, I was one of the smarter kids when it came to cars.

If only someone could make a movie that could undo this brainwashing. . .

demoman_chaos
01-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Fnf didn't start the tuning, it started the ricing and made tuning popular. Without it, the kids that tuned wouldn't be mistaken for ricers that emerged after FnF.

mecca6801
01-17-2007, 12:54 AM
http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?p=345857#post345857

HSVrules
01-17-2007, 01:41 AM
(Answer to MC3 Better tahn U2 Quote) No, you're absolutely right.

I'd agree there, when i first played it on my friends PS2, i was addicted, that games ****ing amaizng, who cares if it's unrealistic, it's bloody fun, and the Customization was real, all realistic parts, I loved the 5 tone paint! And the Better Hydraulics. NFS Was defenatley beat, now Rockstar just need to bring MC3 to PC and NFS is history.

Ricochet
01-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Let's see what MNC4 will bring up (if it will come), and if it's just like MNC3, just with better graphics, more cars and cutomization options, and if it's good on all consoles, which includes PC, nexgen consoles AND previous gen consoles, Rockstar Games beats NFS this time and perhaps even the rest.

demoman_chaos
01-17-2007, 06:05 AM
MC4 would make EA have to step up NFS to match and would actually be good for the NFS series and the player.

jed29
01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I would love if the tracks were inter connected, in HS they cops always said near the turn offs(that didnt really exist) the name of another track. It would be nice if they were all connected to form one large city like UG2, that thing was huge... But be all the classic tracks we know and love, but revamped with updated graphics :P Ya...Atlantica to Aquatica to Dolphin Cove, and Hometown to Country Woods to Kindiak Parks, Lost Canyons to RedRock Ridge(although basically same track :\), ect...
But ya that would be sweeeeet.... and the test tracks from HS, those could be combined into one for a Nuburgring style track :)

i love the idea of having the older tracks...but ! i think that EA would have a hard time putting all these great tracks together in a free rome sort of game
maybe if they spent more than a year on a game like that they will get it right...but you know and i know that they have to get a game out every year to make there money...one thing is for sure i will never look forward to a game like carbon...they made it out to be the most wanted game last year and it was a flop in my eyes.....most wanted was a better game.

Ricochet
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
i love the idea of having the older tracks...but ! i think that EA would have a hard time putting all these great tracks together in a free rome sort of game
maybe if they spent more than a year on a game like that they will get it right...but you know and i know that they have to get a game out every year to make there money...one thing is for sure i will never look forward to a game like carbon...they made it out to be the most wanted game last year and it was a flop in my eyes.....most wanted was a better game.
Uhhh, no they won't, cause they're already selling stuff for $50 on each console, so they can wait mroe than a year, they're just bloody greedy thats all.

t3ku
01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
And considering how low res the tracks from HS were...should be too hard at all ;\

jed29
01-21-2007, 11:45 PM
And considering how low res the tracks from HS were...should be too hard at all ;\

ok step back !! hs was a great game and even if they did redo the tracks and made it all join up the graphic's has to be much better and all the courses have to be remade......it would have to be something better don't you think ?

t3ku
01-22-2007, 02:20 AM
If EA took the time out fo their busy work schedules and actually made a game that was decent, yes. But UG1, MW and Carbon are all examples of their lack of work at all and utter failure.
HP2 and UG2 were decent, all games before were better and a remake would seem to be a good idea. But knowing EA they would jsut screw it up.

Revolution
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
If EA took the time out fo their busy work schedules and actually made a game that was decent, yes. But UG1, MW and Carbon are all examples of their lack of work at all and utter failure.
HP2 and UG2 were decent, all games before were better and a remake would seem to be a good idea. But knowing EA they would jsut screw it up.
Eh? Whats wrong with UG1? Its probably had the most work of any recent NFS put into it, they reinvented the format wih UG1 and did something never done before.
I enjoyed it more than i did UG2, anyways.

t3ku
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
UG1 didnt have freeroam and was setup where you had to race each race after the next, plus the catchup got so bad that by 111 you couldnt win... Least I couldnt even on easy :\ and that seams odd to me.

Revolution
01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
At least it was challengiing to play and actually took you alittle while to finish the game unlike Carbon where you can finish it in a few days. I haven't been really challenged by an NFS game since UG, all the recent stuff is too easy.

funny guy
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I was pretty challenged by NFS5, for some reason i took like a month to get past the Porsche 914 challenge.

demoman_chaos
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Only took me a few times to beat the 914 challenge. The 944 Challenge was sort of easy. The 911 Carrera RS 2.7 was when I lost my perfect streak.

PH34R
01-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Man, that 2.7 RS was hard as hell to drive fast on Monte Carlo without slicks, better brakes and suspension. I used to be like Demoman, finishing first in everything, until a little time after that.

demoman_chaos
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
The 2.7 is probably THE hardest PU car to control, but it is still fun.

BUT, That's PU, not carbon. Carbon should have the '87 911 carrera 2.7. It is one of the few cars that truely capture the NFS feeling.

Ricochet
01-25-2007, 01:01 PM
I beat that one easily, that is, in 3-4 tries. But all you gotta do is let go of the accel instead of braking when on the sloping corners.

demoman_chaos
01-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I do that normallly, and usually hit the wall. My Carrera 2.7 is my most damaged car, and I don't fix them when I am done with them.

mecca6801
01-30-2007, 03:57 AM
i cant front' UG1 was hard as a MF but i still say that UG2 was the sh!t. i know everyone here loved the URL! dammit we need that feeling again. hp2 definately gave you that "need for speed" feeling and carbon actually made you feel like you are going fast, too bad that nfs does'nt look like burnout revenge, that would bee sweet to have that kind of speed on a nfs game.

MATTER OF FACT, F*CK IT! HERES A THOUGHT, COMBINE ALL THE FEATURES OF UG1,2 CARBON AND MW WITHE THE SAME GRAPHICAL POWER OF BURNOUT 4 AND MAYBE SOME OF THE MODES FROM BURNOUT. CAN YOU IMMAGINE THE RESULT? I MEAN THINGS LIKE THAT ARE WORTH THE $ EVEN THROW IN EXPANSION PACK OF REMASTERED TRACKS OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES AS AN ADDED BONUS...

jed29
01-30-2007, 06:00 AM
i cant front' UG1 was hard as a MF but i still say that UG2 was the sh!t. i know everyone here loved the URL! dammit we need that feeling again. hp2 definately gave you that "need for speed" feeling and carbon actually made you feel like you are going fast, too bad that nfs does'nt look like burnout revenge, that would bee sweet to have that kind of speed on a nfs game.

MATTER OF FACT, F*CK IT! HERES A THOUGHT, COMBINE ALL THE FEATURES OF UG1,2 CARBON AND MW WITHE THE SAME GRAPHICAL POWER OF BURNOUT 4 AND MAYBE SOME OF THE MODES FROM BURNOUT. CAN YOU IMMAGINE THE RESULT? I MEAN THINGS LIKE THAT ARE WORTH THE $ EVEN THROW IN EXPANSION PACK OF REMASTERED TRACKS OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES AS AN ADDED BONUS...

mate i wouls pay to get that game no matter what !!! wow

demoman_chaos
01-30-2007, 06:08 AM
What Burnout modes would be good in NFS? Most all of those modes are for causing pileups, not what NFS is about.

Sure, Burnout is fun, and NFS could use some things from it, but NFS is its own game with its own features. It is built upon driving the cars you dream of. Brunout is about wrecking cars and causing pileups.

Ricochet
01-30-2007, 07:31 AM
mate i wouls pay to get that game no matter what !!! wow
Please, make up your mind...

Burnout + NFS = vomit
They're 2 completely different genres of racing games, one encourages crashes and the other discourages it (although not as mcuh as it used to)

demoman_chaos
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
It said it in the PS2 HP2 manual.
Not sure the exact words, but it said it.

Anyone with it that can post what it said?

Ricochet
02-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Has anybody noticed that the PBs stop the opponents more than the cops?