View Full Version : I'm having a problem with Carbon.

Patrick
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Normally it plays fine, but just recently it started crashing. It happens most commonly selecting a race from the world map, or selecting parts for my car. It just quits the game, and takes me back to the desktop with no "NFS has encountered a problem and needs to close.. blah blah" I've tried getting a patch for the game, but the game never gets patched for some reason.. ( I have the collector's edition, which may be part of it ) Any ideas?

jed29
12-12-2006, 05:24 PM
do you have a no cd crack ?
if you have it is the reason
there is another reason too if you are running any other programs that could be a reason too.
close everything down and make sure you have the latest graphic card drivers and also directx needs to be upto date and set your graphics on your game to min to start with
if it does it again then save your data and reinstall the game.

Patrick
12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Nah, I don't have a no cd crack. I use the dvd when I play it. I'll look around and see if my graphics card drivers are up to date, if that helps thanks.. If not, I guess I'll just learn to deal with it.

vette
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
same thing is happening to me...just random crashing and i dont use No-Cd hacks and i dont keep any programs running in background eather.

lambofreak100
12-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Same here.

As well, cutscenes tend to lag as I go deeper into Career mode (I'm currently at 50%, unlocked Silverton). Example, it took 20 minutes for me to get through the Darius cutscene. Grr.

jed29
12-12-2006, 11:32 PM
ok listen up everyone i am a computer wiz so i know lots
your game is crashing for a reason !! it is mostly a graphic problem and a stream line error.
you will never see that error as you are in the game !.
need for speed most wanted had the same problem.
i have a very good pcu and sometimes it happens to me
the thing is that it is a graphic error nothing to do with your pcu
EA needs to fix these bugs....but EA knows about this as well and will do nothing.
i will try and fix it but for now you have to put up with it ok ?
its bad luck thats all

Patrick
12-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Another reason EA pisses me off :/

jed29
12-13-2006, 07:20 AM
never mind !! i will try and fix it
but i think that it is a hard problem to fix
try to not have full graphics and see if that will help
all you can do is try

PH34R
12-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I have crashing problems too when i run on graphic levels that have slight lag, but once i turn it down a bit, it runs fine.

Patrick
12-13-2006, 05:11 PM
My computer can't take the game on high settings. I have everything turned on low, and the game runs smoothly; It just crashes a lot. I'm near the end of the game, so I'll just deal with it. I'm just hoping it doesn't crash before it gets a chance to save.

jed29
12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
well there is a problem there !!!! i have read that peoples pcu is crashing and not saving so you will not be the only one that it will do it to
there is a big deal about it and i hear that in there next game there is going to be a very big game with lots and lots of care the more they put into a game the more graphic power it will take so if you have a lesser computer you will not be able to handle it
i have to get more info about it.

Patrick
12-13-2006, 07:02 PM
yeah. I've noticed a pattern my game does when I play.

1). I start up nfsc and load my profile. I go to career, world map, then it crashes.

2). I restart nfsc and repeat step 1, and it plays fine.

3). I play the game a while, and at some random time it crashes when I'm going through a menu, or selecting something. Very odd...

I would hope the next nfs game has less bugs in it. Post some more info if you happen to find anything. I had the same problem with Most Wanted when I tried playing online, and now carbon does it even worse. Come on EA, you can do better than this :/

jed29
12-13-2006, 07:55 PM
it is called stream line error and you will never see it so i know its there
but in time i will be able to pin point the error and why it happens
you cant rely on EA they dont give a rats arse as long as they make there money

monkey.wesley
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
ea has been really lazy ever since underground 2...

those recorded sms messages replaced with different places and those guys who try to say it gangster-style.

jed29
12-13-2006, 08:01 PM
bloody oath i agree with that one

PH34R
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I crash mostly when i finish a race, usually if theres a cutscene coming up. I reload, and it usually runs ok, then when its loading something else, it may crash

Patrick
12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
ea has been really lazy ever since underground 2...

those recorded sms messages replaced with different places and those guys who try to say it gangster-style.

I agree with you 100%

Underground 1 - Great Game

Underground 2 - Great game, but the fact that you had to install all the ricer crap on your car let it down for me.

Most Wanted - Pretty good game, but customizing was bad.

Carbon - Decent game with loads of bugs.

vette
12-15-2006, 12:48 AM
yeah. I've noticed a pattern my game does when I play.

1). I start up nfsc and load my profile. I go to career, world map, then it crashes.

2). I restart nfsc and repeat step 1, and it plays fine.

3). I play the game a while, and at some random time it crashes when I'm going through a menu, or selecting something. Very odd...

I would hope the next nfs game has less bugs in it. Post some more info if you happen to find anything. I had the same problem with Most Wanted when I tried playing online, and now carbon does it even worse. Come on EA, you can do better than this :/

thats the same thing it does to me...gets anyoing