View Full Version : Carbon Worth Buying?

Evasion
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
hey all,
im looking for advice from people who have played Carbon, is it worth buying right now? or is it not worth buying at all? or, should i wait until the price drops down a bit?

just not wanting to spend all my cash on a game not worth playing,
thanks, later.

lambofreak100
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
1. Depends on the price. My area currently ranges frpom $30-50, I'd buy if it's $30-35. I bought mine for $25.

2. It's your decision. I don't know if you like drifting (I suppose you do...?), variety of cars, autosculpt, etc. Again, it's up to you.a

BTW don't waste your money on the Collector's. It ain't worth it.

Anathema
12-12-2006, 07:12 PM
IMO, unless you dont mind getting a game you're going to play once through career and totally lose interest in... don't get it.

At first I thought it was pretty neat, then after excessive crashing and all the "famous" cars not even modifiable or career drivable, I totally lost interest. I stopped playing it even before the patch came out.

*shrug* If you have some time and money to burn, go for it. But I think you'd be better off spending the money elsewhere.

OZ
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
my words are the same as the guy above me...

mouzman
12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
just no, get the soundtrack

demoman_chaos
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Depends on who you ask.
I say, go ahead and rent it first. You should be able to do most everything in the game. If you like it and are caught wanting more, buy it used if possible (GameStop). If you don't like it after renting or are sick of it, just save your money.

momaka
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
ebay it if you want to save money (although, if it's a used copy, someone might of made an account with EA with the game's Serial Nuber, so it's possible that you might not be able to play online), or buy it if you think it's not too much money...

What I think though, is, save the money, and buy a classic NFS if you already don't have one, or save the money to buy Test Drive Unlimited when it comes out. I sense that will be the best online racing game of the year, or maybe the next few years.

alex13
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
BUY CARBON??? MY OPINION IS NO WAY. if your are realy curious and want to play it wait till prices drop down a bit. it aint worth so much money. in cyprus carbon is 35 pounds and thats 70 us dollars.

PH34R
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
I say sure if you dont mind spending money on a game that isnt much more better than MW, but like some others said, go for TDU.

monkey.wesley
12-13-2006, 06:59 PM
IMO, carbon is pretty much underwanted if you know what i mean

Reiji
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I got Carbon for $10 because... it was $10 off the first week you get it and I know the person who works there, so I got their worker's discounts...

I recommend it only if you're into the customization and/or racing 1 on 1 Japanese style.

Evasion
12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
alright thanks alot guys. alot of conflicting posts, but i do sort of know whos opinion is the same as mine, and i think ill just buy it for somebody as a Christmas present if its not too expensive, and if they say its worth buying, i might consider getting a copy for myself.

once again thanks alot all for your opinions ;)

Ricochet
12-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Well its value isn't as much as it'll let you play, its very short, and can get a bit boring if you're good at it. But for a good NFS collection buy it.

TargaGuy
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Not worth it at all. Career is way too short.

bizarre
12-28-2006, 09:33 AM
I bought it because I have EVERY single nfs game:happy2: (except for the original. I'm looking forit on ebay), so I would have bought Carbon even if it was a total disaster. But it's not. The campaign is short, you unlock a lot of things fast, and many awesome cars are not customizable(though if you buy the pc version, you can just get a trainer). But the racing is solid, customization is awesome, and online is great. Rent it first, or find a friend who has it.