View Full Version : Major Problem with Carbon

NFSGamerUSA
12-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm having a major problem with Carbon and can't get the the options menu to fix it, just look at the screenshot of the main menu, you'll understand. I've tried it on 1.3 with and without the no-cd patch and get the same result. I have no idea what is wrong nor how to fix it.

demoman_chaos
12-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Try reinstalling carbon.

jed29
12-21-2006, 06:29 PM
you have a thing called stream line scrip error and you will not be able to fix it on the xp you are running
once you start getting that error you will always get it
reinstalling windows xp will fix it.
so save all your data and restart it again
manytimes have i seen this on mine and friends it happens to all the nfs games from nfs 3 to now
EA knows that there is a problem but will not address the problem
thats it......for what is it worth...sorry dude

NFSGamerUSA
12-21-2006, 08:22 PM
you have a thing called stream line scrip error and you will not be able to fix it on the xp you are running
once you start getting that error you will always get it
reinstalling windows xp will fix it.
so save all your data and restart it again
manytimes have i seen this on mine and friends it happens to all the nfs games from nfs 3 to now
EA knows that there is a problem but will not address the problem
thats it......for what is it worth...sorry dude

So you're saying I must reinstall Windows XP? :furious3: :wall:

jed29
12-21-2006, 09:35 PM
thats right !!!! it is in the windows progam not your game or your graphics card or drivers or updates as you most prob know already.
it is a script error made by your windows xp.......it halts in some part of the game and instead of crashing you get what you see and thats mush....in other cases you dont even see what you see and sometimes the game will never work
so you were lucky to get that far with that script error.

NFSGamerUSA
12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
thats right !!!! it is in the windows progam not your game or your graphics card or drivers or updates as you most prob know already.
it is a script error made by your windows xp.......it halts in some part of the game and instead of crashing you get what you see and thats mush....in other cases you dont even see what you see and sometimes the game will never work
so you were lucky to get that far with that script error.

Well, lucky me, I don't even have the CD, since I didn't order it with my computer. Damnit...:furious: :knife:

monkey.wesley
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
wow... that's mooshy. so it's just like a picture frozen on your screen? anyways, i'll stick with jed's solution but my computer has never had a problem like that before.

NFSGamerUSA
12-21-2006, 10:46 PM
wow... that's mooshy. so it's just like a picture frozen on your screen? anyways, i'll stick with jed's solution but my computer has never had a problem like that before.

No, I can click on the things that resemble buttons or w/e, but it's not readable AT ALL! :'(

This is the only other mention of the problem I've found searching through the first seven pages of the EA PC Carbon forum: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=163481&tstart=0

The one thing I noticed is about 99% of the threads are about errors with the game, EA really ripped people off on this one, this is one of THE most glitchy games I've heard of, and I'm surprised it's from such a top-of-the-line company! At least I didn't spend $40 on it. :\

jed29
12-22-2006, 12:23 AM
ok it depends on your windows xp.....most computers are tip top condition....some are middle aged and so on no computer is the same.
let me tell you about a script error
ok it is Halt in your windows xp if you are one of the lucky ones you will never see it....basicly it is a memory dump from the game....also windows xp fault not your computer.....next it is also Varies the halt can happen but windows trys to recover and without you knowing you are still in the game and like this person sees..its a blur but it can and gets alot worse.
so there you have it
if you get anything wrong with any of the nfs games that is what it is simple windows script error.

jed29
12-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, lucky me, I don't even have the CD, since I didn't order it with my computer. Damnit...:furious: :knife:

if you have a copy of windows 2000 pro and service pac 4 like i do then you will never have that problems i hate xp always have
windows 2000 is and ever shell be the best
just down load a copy from www.shareaza.com or a sharing program
easy
do your self a big change and head back in time to 2000 pro
see ya

NFSGamerUSA
12-22-2006, 02:47 AM
ok it depends on your windows xp.....most computers are tip top condition....some are middle aged and so on no computer is the same.
let me tell you about a script error
ok it is Halt in your windows xp if you are one of the lucky ones you will never see it....basicly it is a memory dump from the game....also windows xp fault not your computer.....next it is also Varies the halt can happen but windows trys to recover and without you knowing you are still in the game and like this person sees..its a blur but it can and gets alot worse.
so there you have it
if you get anything wrong with any of the nfs games that is what it is simple windows script error.

I have Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition and my Dell XPS 400 w/ ATI Radeon X600 is a little over a year old, so I really don't see what the problem could be. Is there any way I can go in and edit a file to make it work correctly? I've never had this problem with Porsche Unleashed or Hot Pursuit 2 on this system (those are the only two I've installed on it).

jed29
12-22-2006, 03:04 AM
i have a AMD 3700 64 bit with windows 2000 professional....i have also a nvidia 256 pci express.....it is not your computer !!!! its the way your files are being read by your computer.......the file you are talking about can be replaced.......but the file is not the error.....you replace it with the same file and the xp will read the same file....do you understand what i am saying ?
this problem has been going on for years and no body has been able to fix it even my self.
windows 2000 is the best to run any games mark my words

NFSGamerUSA
12-22-2006, 03:30 AM
i have a AMD 3700 64 bit with windows 2000 professional....i have also a nvidia 256 pci express.....it is not your computer !!!! its the way your files are being read by your computer.......the file you are talking about can be replaced.......but the file is not the error.....you replace it with the same file and the xp will read the same file....do you understand what i am saying ?
this problem has been going on for years and no body has been able to fix it even my self.
windows 2000 if the best to run any games mark my words

Well Carbon obviously runs fine on other computers with Windows XP, so it's just a problem with mine inparticular, but how would it still not fix the problem by replacing the glitched file with an identical fully functional one. And what file(s), specifically, could it be. I've never had this problem with any program on any of the ocmputers I've owned until now. :\

jed29
12-22-2006, 05:10 AM
believe it or not it is a sound file.....it halts there and it goes like this.........
unable to start a sound file.......system halts windows xp will try to fix error...window xp unsuccessful system halt...proforming system backup/sys.00...........thats the error you will never see...you are one of thousands that get this error.....i have been trying for ages to fix it....cant even come close my friend...sorry....the best way is to dump windows and start again...that will fix it 100%
remember what i said !!!!! ? every computer is not the same and each system works differantly

NFSGamerUSA
12-22-2006, 06:24 AM
believe it or not it is a sound file.....it halts there and it goes like this.........
unable to start a sound file.......system halts windows xp will try to fix error...window xp unsuccessful system halt...proforming system backup/sys.00...........thats the error you will never see...you are one of thousands that get this error.....i have been trying for ages to fix it....cant even come close my friend...sorry....the best way is to dump windows and start again...that will fix it 100%
remember what i said !!!!! ? every computer is not the same and each system works differantly

Not that I don't believe you, but I'd just like to do some experimenting myself. Do you know what sound file is the likely cause of the problem?

jed29
12-22-2006, 06:40 AM
i will find it for you and i dont blame you for not believing me....at the end of the day its your game thats stuffing up
i will try and help you as much as i can......thats what i do in nfs cars...help
give me about 30 min and i will be back
ok i am back
it can be 3 files evt sys mane.aems and engine.aems i am not sure on the third one

NFSGamerUSA
12-22-2006, 06:43 AM
i will find it for you and i dont blame you for not believing me....at the end of the day its your game thats stuffing up
i will try and help you as much as i can......thats what i do in nfs cars...help
give me about 30 min and i will be back

Okay, thanks. I need to go to bed (after all it is 6:45 AM :rolleyes5), but I'll be back on later.

jed29
12-22-2006, 06:48 AM
no problems

Sinister
12-22-2006, 11:03 AM
someone else was describing this same problem, yet his sounds is not affected, only blocky text,. and the result is because his videocard is too arcaic.

lambofreak100
12-22-2006, 04:40 PM
I know the problem: What's your graphics card?

When I had my MX 200, the same thing happened to me. Now with my 6200, Carbon plays very well now.

NFSGamerUSA
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I know the problem: What's your graphics card?

When I had my MX 200, the same thing happened to me. Now with my 6200, Carbon plays very well now.

I have Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition and my Dell XPS 400 w/ ATI Radeon X600 is a little over a year old, so I really don't see what the problem could be...

I don't think my video is THAT archaic considering it's not that old, but I do think it actually has something to do with it, if only I could get to the settings menu, but that's impossible do to have ****ed up the main menu is for me. My graphics card works wonderfully on other games with high poly models at max detail and quality, though. I don't see what something sound related would have to do with the screen being blurry, the sounds in the main menu sound fine and normal, it's just the screen that is screwed up.

P.S. I just found this on EA.com and it says my graphics card is supported: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14235&p_created=1162252928&p_sid=wEJtyOpi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTcsNDcwLDIzNDMmcF9jYXRzPTA mcF9wdj0zLjIzNDMmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfd GV4dD1udmlkaWE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

jed29
12-22-2006, 05:43 PM
once again !!!!! its not your hard ware !!!!! its software......its your windows xp that is at fault.....i am telling you right now you cant fix that sort of error..
not getting the point and i cant blame you ! but for what it is worth you want to listen to me as i am a computer wiz.....i have not go a bg head but i know what i am talking about

wuyanxu
12-23-2006, 12:47 PM
btw, X600 is a lot better than 6200

tryed downloading the newest DirectX??

mouzman
12-23-2006, 01:06 PM
i think jed's right, i have a friend that had the same problem with underground 1, and he reinstalled windows and the problem was gone (he couldn't even install directx)

jed29
12-23-2006, 05:54 PM
thats right !! if you dont have a windows xp cd then i cant help you.
the fact is that there is nothing you can do about this error.

NFSGamerUSA
12-23-2006, 11:19 PM
btw, X600 is a lot better than 6200

tryed downloading the newest DirectX??

I've had DirectX 9.0c for the past six months or more (however long it has been out).

Don't worry about it anymore, I've already removed that space hogging game from my system!

:toilet: :behead: :hanged: :2thumbsup