View Full Version : Murcie unbeatable?

Ricochet
12-31-2006, 01:58 AM
I tried and tried and tried many times to beat the Murcielago in the Canyon duel but I can't :\. I have a fully tuned Supra to challenge it, it beat the Challenger and Lancer very easily by just passing them, but beating the Murcielago with it just seems like an impossible feat.
And no, i don't want to get any other high-end exotic because it'll waste my money which is to be used to buy the Murcie, it's teh only car I can use to beat Darius :\.

Any suggestions?

t3ku
12-31-2006, 08:29 AM
I used a fully equip Skyline and came close several times to passing, but still had to do it the hard way... The Murcielago's speed is the problem, the skyline can match its accel, but once it gets to a stretch of road where speed is an issue....you get left in the dust :|
The DB9 from MW is totally useless....thing turns like a tugboat now and at this point you cant afford the GT, more less upgrade it to take on the Murc :|

philm1
12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
I remember beating the Murcie with a fully-tuned Corvette, pretty tough though, nearly ran off the canyon a few times.:P

EDIT:If you have a Cayman S(fully tuned of course) try it with that , I also beat the Murc with it the first time I beat Carbon.

Ricochet
12-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Arrgghh I already sold the Cayman because I was low on cash :'(.
I've finished the game with the GT, SLR and Carrera GT, and the next one is to be the Murcielago. Thats why I don't want any other exotic. And every muscle car I tried in the canyon is useless, the game shows that itself i.e. Angie. In all 3 battles with her I always passed her in the first round.

Revolution
01-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Try an EVO if you can.

Max Prez
01-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Nah, use a stock Viper or Vette, I passed the Murcie on the first straight using acceleration and speed and blocked him from passing. I also had a hard time but I beat it. :)

Ricochet
01-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Try an EVO if you can.

Would it be different from driving a Supra in terms of performance? Cause they're both T3 and Tuners?

Reiji
01-01-2007, 01:03 PM
240sx anyone?
Edit: As far as I remember, I don't think you need a vehicle with top speed on canyon races.

TargaGuy
01-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Nah, use a stock Viper or Vette, I passed the Murcie on the first straight using acceleration and speed and blocked him from passing. I also had a hard time but I beat it. :)

Don't use a muscle, you're bound to fly off the cliff or hit the walls, slowing you down. Use a T3 Tuner like the 350Z or Skyline.

t3ku
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
A T1 car wouldnt work, the Murc is too fast out of turns and on the straights, and ya muscles are useless. The Skyline is the fastest tuner available as far as I have seen, the Lancer is T3 but below the Supra in performance.

funny guy
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
The Viper or Corvette is the best handling muscle. If you can make it around the corners with a viper, you can easily beat the Murc.

REBEL35SUSPECT
01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
yer when i raced the murc i was in a fully tuned viper an passed him at the beginning of the duel an stopped him from overtaking you just need to get a car with a decent accel so you can over take at the beginning an block from there

Revolution
01-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Would it be different from driving a Supra in terms of performance? Cause they're both T3 and Tuners?

EVO has sharper handling and acceleration, higher cornering speeds etc.
Supra will have a higher top end, but thats alittle irrelevant in this situation.
If all else fails go to quick race mode and try out a few different cars.

GT5
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
i used an Aston Martin DB9, honestly.

thedarkstalker
01-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I used the Challenger the first time, and the McLaren the second time, it's not too hard...

TargaGuy
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
240sx anyone?
Edit: As far as I remember, I don't think you need a vehicle with top speed on canyon races.

True, you don't need one, but it would be a hell of a lot more convinient if you did. A high-speed T3 tuner will do the trick.

lambofreak100
01-01-2007, 10:44 PM
OMG I killed the murc in the first corner with my Viper, and I was about 30m ahead of the murc when the 10 second time ended.

I stayed on the opposite lane of where the murc was (if the murc was on the right, I'd veer to the left and vice versa). When the murc turns, I risk the collision points (meh whatever), and I managed to veer ahead of the Murc. After that, just make sure the Murc doesn't get the good lane, and you'll be on your way happily ever after.

Chargers also have a chance, but the aceeleration is much slower.

Forget about the Cayman, that car can barely get out of the starting line, let aloen accelerating.

I might consider the EVO as well, if that's an option available for you.

Ricochet
01-01-2007, 11:41 PM
The Skyline is still locked, I can't find it. Oh well, I guess I'll try out with the Lancer, and see if it brings good results. Viper and Vette are too expensive for my current status (yes, I have $230,000+, but I won't spend it on anything more than 150,000 :P).
BTWs how much is the Murc?

Finraziel
01-02-2007, 07:21 AM
If you chose tuner at the beginning, my guess would be the skyline is unlocked by completing the southernmost area in Darius' territory. I beat the merc with a skyline as well, and before that I think with a corvette, and a GT.

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 07:55 AM
If thats true then forget about it, cause I got all territories and its still locked.

Finraziel
01-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Then I guess it's random or something, it unlocked for me like that... Or maybe it's different between consoles/pc.

t3ku
01-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I unlocked the skyline when I claimed a section in the bottom quarter of the map, towards the end of my game. Also I started a new game because i ran out of money and it is impossible to win anymore -_- This time i went for TFK instead of Bushido and the game is acting differently... I think it has dif secnarios for how you play it, the first time i Beat Bushido and then completed all races in TFK and 21st areas before taking on the bosses, did 21st 1st and TFK next and at some point it unlocked the Skyline. Its just i noticed the cars im unlocking are not in the order from the last game, you unlock the for claiming sections, but it changed the order because i changed my route...