View Full Version : how to win a canyon race by using T3 tunner vs any T3 cars

P.T.D.
01-06-2007, 04:36 AM
how to win a canyon race by using a T3 tunner vs a T3 muscle and exotic car(the boss canyon races)?

wut kinda of performance silders do u guys use for the tunners and for the other types of cars?

junh1024
01-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I always tune the parts for maximum acceleration.

P.T.D.
01-07-2007, 01:57 AM
how about suspensions?...dun realli get the idea of understeer and oversteer

Killua
01-07-2007, 01:29 PM
If you tune your car with Understeer, it will slide a lot (which for me isn't good). I prefer tune my cars with Oversteer (almost total control on the car).

P.T.D.
01-07-2007, 07:27 PM
in quick race hard difficulty...the only car that can beat a CPU Corvette is Audi...and Skyline can earn the highest point in the first round and got overtaken in the 2nd round.

anyone got some good cars to race a CPU corvette in a quick race when the the diffculty is set to high?

PH34R
01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Simple, just try to get ahead, then if they come at you really fast, move in to block and let the impact speed you up. Besides, the Skyline should handle better in corners. For Canyon, just try to stick to their bumper in the first run, then if they come at you alot on the second run, make them rear end you, and get the collision points, works every time.

thedarkstalker
01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I beated every canyon race with muscles in the first round, by passing the opponent, from Angie with a Camaro to Darius with a Corvette.
My brother uses tuners, he only race, using the great grip of tuners and trying to stay close in the first round and far in the second. Sorry, I can't help more.

P.T.D.
01-07-2007, 09:39 PM
its very ez to win in the career mode...but in "quick race"...i just cant beat it...try it urself...quick race-->canyon track #12-->hard difficulty

demoman_chaos
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
To win a canyon duel with a tuner, adjust settings to....

Engine
Box:1 Setting:HP
Box:2 Setting:TQ
Box:3 Setting:mid

trans
Box:1 Setting:accel.
Box:2 Setting:mid
Box:3 Setting:accel.

Suspension
Box:1 Setting: oversteer
Box:2 Setting: oversteer
Box:3 Setting: oversteer

Tires
Box:1 Setting:grip
Box:2 Setting:grip
Box:3 Setting:grip

NOS
Not used in Canyon Duels

Brakes
Box:1 Setting:front bias
Box:2 Setting:rear bias
Box:3 Setting:rear bias

Turbo
Box:1 Setting:High
Box:2 Setting:Low
Box:3 Setting:mid

Reasons:
Engine: Torque is not needed as much as HP, with this setting you have the needed torque and HP

Trans: The needed acceleration for coming out of the corners, but not to the point you lose reachable top speed

Suspension:Oversteer is what make cars turn, understeer is for stability

Tires: Gripping tires will help keep the tires from sliding with all the oversteer, making turning faster and stable

NOS: NOS is disabled in Canyon duels

Brakes: Slight front bias will help make up for the stability lost from advancing oversteer

Turbo:
You will have the needed power without the turbo lag at the lower RPM's.