View Full Version : is carbon getting that boring ?

jed29
01-09-2007, 12:41 AM
after all is done and the game is beatin....do you find that starting again a bit boring ?
the same thing goes on and on
with most wanted it is some what not boring as you can do the same rankings again
carbon only had four main bosses and was very weak when it came to racing them.....you would think that for a main game there would of had more people up there to beat......now like i said it is getting boring.

OD211
01-09-2007, 01:25 AM
How about downloading some shadows from nfsunlimited.net and trying to beat them?

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/leaderboards

jed29
01-09-2007, 06:58 AM
thats great....but from a personal point a view....the game is not as chellanging as most wanted.....didnt like the story behind the game carbon....maybe it's me !! but then again i bet there is lots of people out there think like me

Mr.Ramos
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Most Wanted was the best NFS post-underground. High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed were the best pre-underground. Carbon was below expectations for me, I thought that it'd be more interesting than others, but it turned out that it was all hype and it had nothing to show for it.

PH34R
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Just when we thought EA would finally break away from the dark ages of underground culture, we get bascially a UG3 with muscle and exotics. It could've been worse, but at least some parts were better than MW.

demoman_chaos
01-09-2007, 02:01 PM
YES. After several completions, the game is boring. I modify cars more than I race. I can't downloads shadows on PS2, so the AI is it for me.

jed29
01-09-2007, 03:48 PM
the game is crap !!! i thought that carbon would be a better choice when it came to playing most wanted.....i was wrong !!! you see ? that most wanted maybe limited in parts...but you never got bord with racing either on line or solo.......i loved the day light and for a few games now it was all night driving and now for some reason we are back in the darkness again....we need to get a game that has both like nfs-hs.....maybe a sunset into night would be something..driving along side the sea would also be great too....but here goes for wishful thinking !!! EA has still got alot to learn when it comes to thinking like a costomer.....but they dont really care as long as they get the big bucks.
once again i was very dissapointed in the carbon game and for need for speed 11 i hope that it isnt a night game or i will stop buying the set

funny guy
01-09-2007, 05:33 PM
YES. After several completions, the game is boring. I modify cars more than I race. I can't downloads shadows on PS2, so the AI is it for me.

Yes. After you beat the game once, modifying cars is more fun than racing. The challenge series isn't even really that interesting. It was fun in MW, but something happpened that made it boring in carbon.:|

jstrok7
01-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Well the game has too much simmilarities with MW and U2 so that's why it get's boring fast. (Carbon is MW and U together, so there aren't so many new things)
Same happened with the challenge series ... ;)
So guys why to worry so much about carbon, just keep your fingers crossed for TDU !

jed29
01-10-2007, 01:07 AM
since underground the games have got better..but there was to many night games..not enough things to keep you from getting bord.....ug2 was a better game than under ground but not as good as most wanted...carbon was a mixed feeling for me as i was hoping for a better game than most wanted..but was let down very much....the fact is that the game places made the carbon into the most wanted game that was coming out in last year...everyone went out to get it only to wounder what all the fuss was about...EA has just got to night ish and hoping that no one would care.
but as i see it that they were wrong ...people out there are sick of the lack of great games plus i bet that nfs 11 what ever that will be will end up just like carbon.......BORING......

tawnee no1 fan
01-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Worst. Ending. EVER! - and boring!

Ricochet
01-10-2007, 03:33 AM
it was boring even before starting...

demoman_chaos
01-10-2007, 05:42 AM
They dont need a storyline. Look at the GT series. No storyline and it is the mother of all racing games (HS is good, but GT is better).

jed29
01-10-2007, 06:03 AM
They dont need a storyline. Look at the GT series. No storyline and it is the mother of all racing games (HS is good, but GT is better).

you are right !! but i don't have a playstation 2

Ricochet
01-11-2007, 06:47 AM
you are right !! but i don't have a playstation 2
So why should you mention so?

I think a storyline would be good, but it would make no difference without it either, i.e. MW and HS.

jed29
01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
the next nfs should have better cars and in a class b class and so on so you would make it fair.....some of the small cars are beating the faster cars when they are no way near the horse power of the faster cars if you know what i mean .....
muscle cars and turners are better off being in different races and the less horse power cars should never be mixed up in the faster cars.
take gt......you can put a little car in with the better kitt cars and they would murder you.....so you see ? thats what should be happening here...

Mr.Ramos
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
the next nfs should have better cars and in a class b class and so on so you would make it fair.....some of the small cars are beating the faster cars when they are no way near the horse power of the faster cars if you know what i mean .....
muscle cars and turners are better off being in different races and the less horse power cars should never be mixed up in the faster cars.
take gt......you can put a little car in with the better kitt cars and they would murder you.....so you see ? thats what should be happening here...

No, no, no!!! NFS should just be about driving the cars of your dreams whilst being chased by the police who arent afraid to pull everything out of their arsenal trying to stop you.

jed29
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
No, no, no!!! NFS should just be about driving the cars of your dreams whilst being chased by the police who arent afraid to pull everything out of their arsenal trying to stop you.

i agree in some ways...but there are slower cops as well and then there are faster cops so it would make the game interesting

TargaGuy
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM

I see what you mean, they used this technique in HP2. Example: if you were in a F1, you couldn't race the Z8, only the CLK GTR and other cars in it's class. I think you should drive any car you want in free roam, but in races, only car in the same class and "tier". Example: a RX-8 can't race a Camaro, only a "tier" 1 tuner.

some of the small cars are beating the faster cars when they are no way near the horse power of the faster cars if you know what i mean

That's because they have performance mods...but yes, in real life, a tuned RX-8 could not keep w/ a tuned Brera or CLK500. I found/find this concept of EA's ridiculous. Let's step up the notch EA, and let's step into the real world. No, you will not lose customers if you make a game more realistic.

i agree in some ways...but there are slower cops as well and then there are faster cops so it would make the game interesting

I don't think a "tier" 1 car should only be chased by the Crown Vics. In real life, if a car is causing a lot of hassle for the cops, they'll take out the cops of a better class, to bust the suspect more easily. They're not going to say "oh, let's go easy on him and use the same class car." This is what EA did right in the game.

Another point, if cops heard (and they say) that a black SLR is breaking the law, they're not going to send out Crown Vics...despite the heat level. Imn real life, it could not keep up w/ a SLR.

My last point...how does a heat 1 cop car keep up w/ a fully tuned "tier" 3 car?

jed29
01-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I see what you mean, they used this technique in HP2. Example: if you were in a F1, you couldn't race the Z8, only the CLK GTR and other cars in it's class. I think you should drive any car you want in free roam, but in races, only car in the same class and "tier". Example: a RX-8 can't race a Camaro, only a "tier" 1 tuner.

That's because they have performance mods...but yes, in real life, a tuned RX-8 could not keep w/ a tuned Brera or CLK500. I found/find this concept of EA's ridiculous. Let's step up the notch EA, and let's step into the real world. No, you will not lose customers if you make a game more realistic.

I don't think a "tier" 1 car should only be chased by the Crown Vics. In real life, if a car is causing a lot of hassle for the cops, they'll take out the cops of a better class, to bust the suspect more easily. They're not going to say "oh, let's go easy on him and use the same class car." This is what EA did right in the game.

Another point, if cops heard (and they say) that a black SLR is breaking the law, they're not going to send out Crown Vics...despite the heat level. Imn real life, it could not keep up w/ a SLR.

My last point...how does a heat 1 cop car keep up w/ a fully tuned "tier" 3 car?

once again you are right !! but ! we are talking about a game here not real life !!
the fact is that you cant compare a Mazda 3 to a madza rx7 or a vw to a Lamborghini or a muscle car with a wrx...they are all not in the same league.

TargaGuy
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
We're heading into to the future, and I (and many other gamers) are expecting games to be much more realistic than they were a couple years ago. Just giving you a heads up. :)

jed29
01-12-2007, 06:43 PM
We're heading into to the future, and I (and many other gamers) are expecting games to be much more realistic than they were a couple years ago. Just giving you a heads up. :)

i think that the more they muck around in these Unrealistic fantasy cars and not making them better and more real the game is going to be boring.
i would love to see more real like cars....

TargaGuy
01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
What do you mean - 'real like cars...'?

The cars in the game are based on real cars? No way... :rolleyes:

Just a bit of humor.

jed29
01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
What do you mean - 'real like cars...'?

The cars in the game are based on real cars? No way... :rolleyes:

Just a bit of humor.

they are based on real cars but dont act like real cars....some of the little cars are beating the high powered cars.....unrealistic....and poor.

rockerz
01-12-2007, 09:18 PM
ye p , its irritating when start again
i hate the movies play again wasting time
any way to off the movies

FreelancerMar
01-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok I like the idea of tier ala class type cars but here is a thing. When you mod a car the tier or class should change to reflect the change in the car's performance. Basically when you mod a car to the MAXX it should go up 1 tier or class. based on it's performance. I do not condone the redicilousness that was in MW where a front driven IL4 cylender could keep up with a Lamborghini. As for the cop cars in Carbon, the CrownVic Clone was classified as a tier3 tuner so you could never actually outrun it even in a tier 3 racing monster. which i think is totally Lame.

jed29
01-16-2007, 03:38 AM
Ok I like the idea of tier ala class type cars but here is a thing. When you mod a car the tier or class should change to reflect the change in the car's performance. Basically when you mod a car to the MAXX it should go up 1 tier or class. based on it's performance. I do not condone the redicilousness that was in MW where a front driven IL4 cylender could keep up with a Lamborghini. As for the cop cars in Carbon, the CrownVic Clone was classified as a tier3 tuner so you could never actually outrun it even in a tier 3 racing monster. which i think is totally Lame.

you are right there and the main point is that even if you are a bmw m3 youcan still get beatin by a smaller car.....unblievible

Ricochet
01-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Why not? They are in the same performance class..

Like they are listening to you. Oh, and the RX8 could smoke some exotics if its properly tuned.

Uhhh, police vehicles are specially tuned to be able to bust speeders, even the Crown Victorias and Caprices can chase a tier 3 exotic because of the tuning done to them. And since speedbreakers also have a mind to know how fast to go, they aren't going anywhere.

Like I said above, speedbreakers know their limits of speed, and that limit is within the boundary of the top speed of police vehicles, I've seen a Countach being chased at 140mph by some Caprices and eventually they caught him.

demoman_chaos
01-16-2007, 03:16 PM
The guy in the Countach must not be a good driver. If he could have used all that the car had the Caprice's would have no chance, but I guess only a few are good enough to do that.

Ricochet
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, so sliding your rear at a 45 degree turn at 120mph is easy?

They should make it like NFS HS, with REAL cop cars.

demoman_chaos
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Did i say it was?

TargaGuy
01-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh, so sliding your rear at a 45 degree turn at 120mph is easy?

They should make it like NFS HS, with REAL cop cars.

That's what I'm saying...

Yes, of course, I agree with you, a guy in an exotic could be caught by a Crown Victoria, but the chances are slim. you'd have to be very inexperienced driver or be in an area that doesn't suit supercars.

Ricochet
01-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Did i say it was?

What I'm saying was that the drive shoul have been experienced if he did such a thing.

jed29
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
the cop cars in the game are classed as 1 to 5 and it depends where you are in the game is where the cops get harder.....
dont you think that the older type cars are better off in the main hwy's ?
the little cars are always better off in the city and where its curvy and has lots of bends.

Revolution
01-18-2007, 01:33 AM

Bit of an old post, but I'd just like to say that a Brera is no speed demon.
Brera Performance Figures (http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/new-cars/alfa-romeo/car34143.php)
RX-8 Performance Figures (http://www.autoinsider.co.uk/new-cars/mazda/car25670.php#dimensions)
Sure, its got more power than an RX-8, but the Brera is a heavy thing, dulling the performance somewhat. And I don't doubt that due to the ready availability and probable price difference between performance upgrades for the RX-8 and the Brera, if you spent the same money on both, the RX-8 would probably be further ahead.

demoman_chaos
01-18-2007, 06:05 AM
They couldn't keep up with the Camaro. Stock to stock, on the straightaways. The corners are a different story.

BUT, if Carbon would let me, I could make the Camaro beat the Lamborghini's. Just drop in either an LS6 454 big block (they did produce a dealership special with one, called the Baldwin Motion), or the 572. You will have to cut at the innner fenders to fit everything. Once you get it in a connected (and new transmission), the car will be able to get to stock top speed on the 1/8th mile. With some teaking, it can keep up with a Lambo on the straightaways.

It might not turn at all, but with more work you can fix that.

mw master 1
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
carbon gets real boring not like mw i can play that for hours it isn't all the same like in carbon

P.T.D.
03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
try to beat hard computer corvetts in custom races (sprints or curicts or canyon dual; and manuel shifts) with a crappy car (like Z350, or Infiniti, or hummmm, dun even wanna say tier 1 and 2 cars)...

vetts are way tooo over rated....SUPER SUPER accleration, and fairly good handling....in the hand of the AI=godly...knocks u off road too........O.O

anywayz..............Carbon is boring...

i clicked cancel on the installation page of NFS Carbon...and it deleted my NFS MW.....(just another thing that i hate NFS Carbon, although it might just be me...BUT WHO CARES...carbon sux...particularly the ENDING

OH AND...i realli want the reply to come back again like the one in NFS U2....picture mode is just not good enough...

riddick006
06-15-2008, 09:16 PM
you guys are fags you are talking about the same things over and over awh it was boring gay ending you guys should try to find glitches i mean seriously i found out how to beat darius with one minute over him i got cross in the pursuit and i even got a helicopter to land also if you guys are skilled try doing a canyon duel and jump over one ramp and land on the other road that s how you beat darius with more than one minute and there is only on place where you can jump so instead of ruining the game by modding it find some glitches and crap so what if the story line was gay just do it

ricersHA
06-15-2008, 09:34 PM
carbon was pathic.All the AI cars were riced out,tracks were made for tuners no long straight tracks were you can get speed up.carbon was a mistake like ug 1 and 2.As for the storylines they were bad race games don't need storylines anyways.So far for NFS the game seris isn't really that good no more after part 6.PS is the only good one after hp2.Only thing about carbon that was good was muscle cars.

clarinetmaster
07-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I liked carbon and most wanted so much that I bought three of both games.:)

xxaznboixx
09-29-2008, 01:58 AM
I liked carbon for the canyon tracks. Its alot like Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune's Hakone.

Also setting records on those mountains is fun as well. Plus I got a Logitech G25 Racing wheel which makes racing games more fun :)

Speedcracker
12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Carbon's Challenges in Challenge Series are challenging but most wanted is ALOT more challenging.

Allure
12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Carbon's Challenges in Challenge Series are challenging but most wanted is ALOT more challenging.

If you're comparing the Challenge Series between Carbon and MW, Carbon is way more challenging in that department.

Sir Tristan
12-12-2008, 04:54 PM
OK.
Tuned RX-8 could easily smoke a tuned Brera (heavy and weak, stock 8seconds 0-60!) but NOT a tuned CLK500 (assuming tuning a CLK500 results in something of a CLK AMG DTM manner). An old Camaro vs a brand new sports car... no it wouldn't be this good (you can make it fast in a straight but shit in corners).

And police...
Real police doesn't intend to destroy 25 tweaked Corvettes every 5 minutes backup (my record 300 cars damaged) - one or two are enough! I liked it in HP and HP2 - the force was just appropriate, and cars nice (Vipers Porsches Corvettes Mustangs Holdens Fords - that was nice and reasonably realistic).
Also, roadblocks should never be stacked up with so expensive motors... 3 corvettes chase you and a crown vic is on the block.
Also it would be fun if police have blown their tyres after driving through a spikestrip!

Gawernator
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
in the old hot pursuit and even high stakes didn't cops have to watch out for their own spike strips?

yesman
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I just wish nfs would go back to what is was like before :( like the 1st hot pursuit, high stakes and hp2. or at least make a better pursuit mode. the ones on carbon and undercover are CRAP.