View Full Version : Avoiding police lol its so hard why

kilo_4que
02-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Right guys, I have done a search and dont find anyone in my situations.

In carbon I have realised I can keep pursuits going on for ever but can not avoid the police. Like in Most WAnted I would eventually get choked by loads of police cars or stingers in the weirdest places. Here getting away from stingers etc is so easy and keeping long pursuits is also very easy like last night i was in a pursuit for 40 mins lol

Its just I dont know how to get away from them. They are so up your backside and as soon as cool down pops up and i try getting to a cool down location they catch upto me again. Ive also changed the whole image of my car to reduce heat level but still same thing

any help?

cheers

PH34R
02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Its how the system is. They decided to make the game harder not by adding features, but removing some, like the helicopter, lack of description in the police radio, and how PBs can't disable more than 3 cars at a time, etc., and making the other parts abnormally good, like where to respawn while in cooldown.

kilo_4que
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Yeh I like some of the ideas particularly the looks since most wanted was too dark. Colour was too bland

O and I also likethe fact you can customise your bodykits as opposed to the ridiculous kits they had before on some of the cars. Still a little annoyed that they dont include proper kits like Veilside and Top Secret

But what technique should I use to avoid them. In most wanted if you rammed a car it would disable it but in Cabron that is not the case

demoman_chaos
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Hit the PB's then take an arupt turn. The cops should lose track of you. If they don't, just hit a few more PB's and try again.

Ridge_Runner_5
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I once took out 3 cop cars, 2 police SUVs and an Aggressive Insurance truck by dropping that weird metal tubing sculpture...
________
Starcraft 2 Replays (http://screplays.com/)

kilo_4que
02-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Hit the PB's then take an arupt turn. The cops should lose track of you. If they don't, just hit a few more PB's and try again.

thats what I try doing but I have like 2 cars coming towards me and 2 behind so i cant really get away. There so many cop cars so early

demoman_chaos
02-07-2007, 06:55 AM
either that OR just bite the bullet. If you must get rid of the cops (and have impound strikes left) just hit the reset button.

Ricochet
02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Just keep going on, use as many PBs, avoid the spikes, and just keep going.

kilo_4que
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Just keep going on, use as many PBs, avoid the spikes, and just keep going.

lol 45 minutes im just driving around like a headless chicken :P

TargaGuy
02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes, PBs will come in handy in more aggresive pursuits (heat 4 & 5), but don't waste them, they're limited.

lambofreak100
02-09-2007, 07:41 PM
lol 45 minutes im just driving around like a headless chicken :P

lol

Depend on PBs. If that doesn't work (and yes it happens), swerve around streets (where are cops aren't there of course!) while avoiding cars. You'll eventually lose them, especially Heat 1s and 2s (which IMO are the hardest heats to evade, don't kill me for that, but I never yet got caught by the police, and anything above heat 3 the cops drive really *****).

GM Lover
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
IMO, Carbon is the worst NFS yet. The cops really do suck ***, somehow they magically set up roadblocks right in front of me when I'm almost done with cooldown. :rolleyes:

All I do is try to get off the mainroad. There are the shortcuts, I just hide in those and hope for the best.

TargaGuy
02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Carbon wasn't as focused on cops as MW. Carbon is more about the street racing.

GM Lover
02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Carbon wasn't as focused on cops as MW. Carbon is more about the street racing.

Yeah, and still, the street racing wasn't as intense as MW. There was 1% of effort put inot the game. Everything is carried over from MW. It really is ridiculous if you think about it. All those glitches and the cars "missing" (EA was just trying to get more $$$) really pissed me off. Let's just hope the next NFS is better.

Ricochet
02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Its typical modern-EA.

kilo_4que
02-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Its weird I mean in MW if you hit other cars on the road the cops pull back and stop to sort the "hit and run" out so you have less heat on your bum.

But its like you can never make a considerable distance between yourself and the cops in carbon. I try going into little streets but the kits catch up to me with their navigation thing (when it beeps like a satellite thing). I even try ramming them but the come back harder lol

NFS CHASER
02-10-2007, 08:50 AM
The reason police formm roadblocks so quickly is because at anytime police cars that are infront can slide into formation infront of you for a roadblock.

It's a police strategy listed in the strategy guide.

demoman_chaos
02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
How do the cops know EXACTLY where you are headed, after you have taken many detours in cooldown mode and how do they always set up roadblocks just close enough to cooldown spots to make them unusable?

Explain THAT to me.

Killua
02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
How do the cops know EXACTLY where you are headed, after you have taken many detours in cooldown mode and how do they always set up roadblocks just close enough to cooldown spots to make them unusable?

Explain THAT to me.
I gotta agree, that thing is a *****.

philm1
02-10-2007, 07:42 PM
And it makes it even more of a ***** if your tires are blown, I had blown tires (and didn't even know about spikes :P) on my Corvette, I was halfway out of the mess, lookin' for a hiding spot, and some dumbass cop just popped out of nowhere, it was just about to spot me, and i was doin' burnouts for a long time, until finally that cooldown thingy filled up.

EDIT:Here's a really damn stupid thing I did in Carbon: In the challenge series in the even with the done-up Viper, I PURPOSELY ran over a whole s**tload of spike strips, apparently you don't wanna run over more than one strip, because my acceleration kinda started suckin' after 3 strips. :P XD

Ricochet
02-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Your and the cops' minds are the same, cause its a game :P.

monkey.wesley
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
lol same thing with me philm1.

i was doing the jag xk CS and i just came out a shortcut to turn... but then i hit an unmapped spike right in the open w/o any pc's blocking me and i pop 3 tires yet my acceleration is perfectly normal.

talking about the jag xk... there's a glitch with the tailpipes. the smoke that comes out when you switch gears comes out of the license plate instead of out of the tailpipes... ugh... nfs is getting worse and worse every year. can't ea take an extra year to make an exceptionally good nfs that ppl can actually remember.

demoman_chaos
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I had ALL tires popped on my Viper, and STILL got away. I turned into a parking garage (with cops on my tail) and got away. The cops didn't follow me and I lsot them. I parked into the cooldown spot. The cop pulled in and saw me, but since I was in the cooldown spot, he couldn't chase me, and I got away.

Ricochet
02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
He sees you and says,
'Oh noes hes in the street racers blue laser shield protector thingy dats y i cant get him!'

They are no different from street racing wannabe 'gangstas'

kilo_4que
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
In MW there are more escape routes i reckon. Like there is a ramp thing in the tunnel. There is the spiral part in a road where you can enter a fenced off area consisting of 3 platforms and can push cop cars off the edge lol

In carbon its hard to find such spots

Vamp
02-28-2007, 04:18 PM
I haven't had any problems...those damn Vette's though are annyoing, but I can get away with them. I had a Golf with four flat tires and still evaded them and limped it back to a safe house...took me almost 20 minutes to get away from them, but I did it...I used the SUVs and road blocks against the police, always go around the road blocks on the right side, especially in the city cus the cops will actually ram their own road blocks and get taken out, or atleast in that particular instance they did...course the PBs also help out in tight situations too...

monkey.wesley
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
In MW there are more escape routes i reckon. Like there is a ramp thing in the tunnel. There is the spiral part in a road where you can enter a fenced off area consisting of 3 platforms and can push cop cars off the edge lol

yeah definitely. i either:
1. go through the s-shaped alley in rosewood coming from the highway and u-turn into that cooldown spot.
2. wait on the bus depot ramp and back up for pursuit length challenges.
3. go through the trails and break through the pb and go to cooldown.
4. head towards boardwalk from rosewood and destroy water tower before going under the ferris wheel.
5. destroy a gas station and quickly turn into car wash
6. etc...

but mw definitely is way easier to escape from pursuits.