View Full Version : Carbon has left bad lifestyles in me...

Ridge_Runner_5
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
God, I knew that playing low-IQ games like Counter Strike and Carbon would rot my brain, but it could get me killed!

I was driving past my house on the way to work, and realized I didnt have my checkbook. Im in the far left lane of a 3 lane each way street, and my house was off to the right....I got to the intersection and made a hard right onto my street.

HOLY HELL! I couldve been in a wreck or killed! I mean, oh my god, my Carbon driving habits have ended up in the real world!!

Jeez.

That is all.
________
LAMBORGHINI ATHON SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Athon)

bizarre
02-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow. . .
Any Counter Strike-related incidents happen recently?

Ridge_Runner_5
02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I did run into an office building, guns blazing, yelling Fire in the Hole! and Boom! Headshot...
________
Ecigarettes (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

funny guy
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
When i'm playing paintball, sometimes i'l do a counter strike kind of thing.

demoman_chaos
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
What do you define as counter-strike moves?

Carbon is not a good influence on anything. You dont want to drive like that. If I drove like i do in Carbon, I would go through six cars a day. And that ain't no joke.

philm1
02-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Would you guys think Carbon-style driving(depending how you drive in the game) could be somehow worse than drunk driving? :P
I'd say "Hell, yes!", because my driving is sometimes crap in the game, running into traffic in bad spots, knockin' over street signs, etc. and now I feel like kickin' EA's *** because of this.:rolleyes5

bizarre
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
What do you define as counter-strike moves?

Carbon is not a good influence on anything. You dont want to drive like that. If I drove like i do in Carbon, I would go through six cars a day. And that ain't no joke.

As far as counter strike, I was just making a joke.
And of course driving in real life like in a videogame in general, not just Carbon, is very dangerous.
Remember MC3: DUB? the mile-high jumps onto rooftops . . .

edlemur
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
When i'm playing paintball, sometimes i'l do a counter strike kind of thing.

lol i do that all the time

thedarkstalker
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
When I eat mushrooms I get twice as bigger as I am, and when I got flowers in my hand I can make them throw fire balls for killing flying turtles!!!

Speedy
02-14-2007, 02:43 AM
Its called hallucinations ^ ^ ^

Dr.DooM
02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
lmfao yea, sounds to me like somones been on the ole mushies!

they'll rot your brains, worse than video games will!

As for video games, yea they are a bad influence, they mess with your subcontious. Infact i think all these shoot-em-up games are really funded by the army . . cos a lot of people my age that play these games at collage want to join the army so they can use guns :/

Ricochet
02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
It's how you take the games.

When you're saying that Carbon put bad lifestyles and driving in your life, are you saying, the UGs, MW, MC3 or any other street racer doesn't?

P.T.D.
03-19-2007, 11:01 PM
thats way she said: the move u and ur crew did in the game meant to stay in the game...on the street, u should drive SAFE and always wear ur seat belt~~~...thats wut the intro for...MAKE me rapidly click on "space", "Esc", "Enter", "Mouse"............................

Ridge_Runner_5
03-20-2007, 06:05 PM
lol I deleted the videos :P
________
PENSKE RACING (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Penske_Racing)

P.T.D.
03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
lol I deleted the videos :P

oh yes......and now EA makes the intro un-skip-able... (like in BF 2142)V_V

SOO we HAVE to delete it..:P

Sinister
03-20-2007, 11:02 PM
carbon may influence bad driving, having the sense not to take into the urges takes will.

i myself may speed, but if there's pedestrians or its unsafe to do so, i wont.
and cutting people off is a big thing im against. imagine if you will cutting off a loaded semi carrying any type of material, if he has to slam on the brakes in order to avoid you, there is a great risk of an accident, you may look in your back mirror and laugh, but someone's family member could be killed due to your actions. Think and Drive, dont play with other peoples lives as if you're in a video game. sure you may not care what happens to you., if thats the case, i hope you are the victim being transported away in a bodybag.

P.T.D.
03-22-2007, 04:11 AM
carbon may influence bad driving, having the sense not to take into the urges takes will.

i myself may speed, but if there's pedestrians or its unsafe to do so, i wont.
and cutting people off is a big thing im against. imagine if you will cutting off a loaded semi carrying any type of material, if he has to slam on the brakes in order to avoid you, there is a great risk of an accident, you may look in your back mirror and laugh, but someone's family member could be killed due to your actions. Think and Drive, dont play with other peoples lives as if you're in a video game. sure you may not care what happens to you., if thats the case, i hope you are the victim being transported away in a bodybag.

totally agree!!!!

SubyRS
03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I rented Carbon a while back.

What do you people think of one of the early cut scenes in the game where your jolly elf of a sidkick says "Watch this" as he rams a police cruiser, causing it to hit a gaurd rail a roll over many times violently and smash up (an obvious fatality) then he laughs about it?

I think EA is getting really stupid with what they are doing with their "racing game".

Ridge_Runner_5
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, seriously...at least I dont have the urge to ram random vehicles...
________
Ford quadricycle specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Quadricycle)

P.T.D.
03-22-2007, 08:55 PM
how about in movies...=-= alot of car crashes in movies...

i bet there are more ppl watch those movies then there are who play NFS Carbon =-=

still its just a game........

momaka
03-22-2007, 09:07 PM
As GermanAuto said, it's all about how you interpret games... Apparently if you can't handle stress while you play games or controll what you do in real life after you play games, then you have some serious problems, and it's not to blame on the games. Basically, what I'm saying is that if you're a f*cked up psycho, you shouldn't blame it on games. They are just there. Just because I drive really fast in most racing games doesn't make me want to go fast in my car in real life.

And I agree with Sinister, too. My friend was driving behind some guy who was changing his CD or something (I couldn't see exactly), and all of a sudden he decided to slam the brakes. We were going 50 and we came to a full stop (we couldn't merge because ther were too many cars). Then I looked up in the rear view mirror and saw an 18-wheeler. I thought it was going to hit us because it was going really fast, but the 18-wheeler changed lanes becasue he knew he could not have stoped that fast. Basically the trailer of the 18-wheeler came just a few inches away from hitting the left side of my friend's car. It scared the shit out of my friend and I.
So yeah if you do shit like that and you don't care about your life, then you may as well take a paperclip and stick it in a wall socket with your hand...

Sinister
03-22-2007, 09:16 PM
And I agree with Sinister, too. My friend was driving behind some guy who was changing his CD or something (I couldn't see exactly), and all of a sudden he decided to slam the brakes. We were going 50 and we came to a full stop (we couldn't merge because ther were too many cars). Then I looked up in the rear view mirror and saw an 18-wheeler. I thought it was going to hit us because it was going really fast, but the 18-wheeler changed lanes becasue he knew he could not have stoped that fast. Basically the trailer of the 18-wheeler came just a few inches away from hitting the left side of my friend's car. It scared the shit out of my friend and I.

Rule of thumb, it takes twice the distance to stop with weight, takes twice the distance with speed., put them both together, and you have 8 times as much stopping distance with a loaded semi. They do not stop on a dime, and even with full pressure and all brakes working at prime, at 55mph it still takes a minimum of 300-400m.

So yeah if you do shit like that and you don't care about your life, then you may as well take a paperclip and stick it in a wall socket with your hand...
hey, i've done that.... science class grade 10.. i got in so much shit cause i blew the socket.... i tried to explain the scientific reasoning behind that, however that resulted in detention.

momaka
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Rule of thumb, it takes twice the distance to stop with weight, takes twice the distance with speed., put them both together, and you have 8 times as much stopping distance with a loaded semi. They do not stop on a dime, and even with full pressure and all brakes working at prime, at 55mph it still takes a minimum of 300-400m.
Actually from what I remember from physics last year, speed is more important than weight. Whereas discance would vary 2x with weight (basically what you said), it takes X^2 (or exponentially) to stop with higher speed. So speed is more important - although I can't remember the formula from the top of my head right now... Nonetheless we're talking about a 18-wheeler which is at least 8 times heavier than your car, so yeah it takes roughly about 8 times the distance to stop. I mean I wasn't sure if my friend did exactly realized that, but I guess he figured something like that. I knew it instantainiously - truck behind you and you breaking in front of it = not good. I've also seen other people with that experience, so I knew beforehand.... It's really cool to drive behind a truck tough, like right to it's bumper because it makes an air shield for your car so you save on gas and what not, and you can never hit the truck since it takes it so long to stop. Besides the truck driver won't care because he's unlikely to be able to see you at all.

hey, i've done that.... science class grade 10.. i got in so much shit cause i blew the socket.... i tried to explain the scientific reasoning behind that, however that resulted in detention.
I see a future scientist in you :rolleyes5 . Probably won't have one working socket in your lab tough... But wait when you stuck that paper clip, did you hold it with your bare hand trying to kill yourself, or did you use something else to avoid the shock? Just wondering you know :) .

Sinister
03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
It's really cool to drive behind a truck tough, like right to it's bumper because it makes an air shield for your car so you save on gas and what not, and you can never hit the truck since it takes it so long to stop. Besides the truck driver won't care because he's unlikely to be able to see you at all.

Drafting can be good, sit about 150-200m behind- NEVER drive in a Trucks Blindspot, it could be dangerous.

I see a future scientist in you :rolleyes5 . Probably won't have one working socket in your lab tough... But wait when you stuck that paper clip, did you hold it with your bare hand trying to kill yourself, or did you use something else to avoid the shock? Just wondering you know :) .

you actually think im stupid enough to stick metal in a socket without some type of insulation... I used an eraser.

momaka
03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
you actually think im stupid enough to stick metal in a socket without some type of insulation... I used an eraser.
Well you didn't clarify that in the first place :D . Heh, still not a smart idea tough.

Sinister
03-24-2007, 05:56 AM
sure it is, means i had no fear of electricity at a young age. plus i knew what i was doing

Russian Bear
03-26-2007, 07:09 PM
He might have a point their, because after playing Red Alert I wanted to crush the capitalist american goverment for the glory of the SOVIET UNION! ;)

NFS CHASER
03-31-2007, 05:55 AM
You see, my parents are kind of protective about video games, but actually, I'm glad.

The worst I have in my library of games (maybe a 100 games or more, depends which games you count like PC and handhelds) is usually a mild T rated Star Wars game like Knights of the Old republic or Burnout 3 (those two are the only T ratings I can remember), and the rest are all E, E10+, or KA(Kids to Adults, an older rating).

My brother has Guild Wars but I don't actually play it.

LoL, because I don't see how many M rated games I can buy and beat in one day, hopefully I'll end up living a healthier and less deathly lifestyle.

Finraziel
04-03-2007, 04:04 AM
It's really cool to drive behind a truck tough, like right to it's bumper because it makes an air shield for your car so you save on gas and what not, and you can never hit the truck since it takes it so long to stop. Besides the truck driver won't care because he's unlikely to be able to see you at all.

Please don't do this, it's not nearly as safe as you might think. You can't properly see what's going on in front of the truck yourself, and that truck might be able to stop a lot faster than you think. They may be heavy, but they also have brakes that are designed to stop a heavy load quickly. And besides, the truck may be empty for all you know, thus not all that heavy by comparison, and being able to stop even faster.
I used to do this as well, but my uncle is a truck driver and he explained to me how a properly taken care of truck can brake a lot faster than you might think.

alex13
05-06-2007, 07:27 AM
dont get stuck on a game serious. its very stupid if some sees you looking for the gear buttons on your steering wheel after playing formula 1 like i did...