System Requirements (Very Early)

CPU: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: 256 MB
DVD-Drive
URL :http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

Vanexroxics
05-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Looks promising, but early specs aren't that good for now.

s-mac
05-26-2007, 02:59 AM
System Requirements (Very Early)

CPU: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: 256 MB
DVD-Drive
URL :http://www.nfsplanet.com/main.php?lang=eng

uh... no.
this looks way better than MW or carbon..
and carbon required 1.7GHz, 512MB ram....although a video card that powerful would make sense...

Anandpr
05-26-2007, 06:53 AM
If u ppl see that video Teaser Carefully! it tells that this is a REAL Next Generation NFS No doubt. A whole lot better than NFS Carbon. and the Damage looks real . Everything looks real. WOW
P.S THis will be Interesting (If Police is in Pro Street) :) :)
For Graphics Cards, U need an Expensive 1 like Geforce cards in stores:(

porsche908
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
ack, "Exotic-only" dreams that ppl have been talking about have been dashed. Nevertheless, it looks quite promising, and definitely better than carbon by a factor of 100.

s-mac
05-26-2007, 10:02 PM
man... im gonna need a new computer.... mine wont even run carbon bcos of hte stupid onboard video i have....

SubyRS
05-27-2007, 03:19 PM
If you want to test how good your PC is just download and run the new CMR Dirt demo.

One guy has a AMD4000+, dual FX7600gt SLI cards and 2gig of ddr2, and the demo runs like cr@p. This will give you an idea of what true next-gen racers are going to require, because dirt is awsome (on the x360). My PC doesn't even meet minimum requirements for it.

Next-gen games are going to require mega-bucks PC's, so I predict that many will make the switch to consoles this year for their main gaming. Times are changing, and I know I'm done with PC upgrades.

Robbie Hanson
05-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Speaking of dirt, it runs fine on my PC which doesn't meet minimum specs, and on full detail too :o

Sempron 64 2800+
1gb PC3200
512mb Radeon X1600PRO

Reptillian
05-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I have the same thing as Robbie Hanson.

Revolution
05-28-2007, 01:41 AM
If you want to test how good your PC is just download and run the new CMR Dirt demo.

One guy has a AMD4000+, dual FX7600gt SLI cards and 2gig of ddr2, and the demo runs like cr@p. This will give you an idea of what true next-gen racers are going to require, because dirt is awsome (on the x360). My PC doesn't even meet minimum requirements for it.

Next-gen games are going to require mega-bucks PC's, so I predict that many will make the switch to consoles this year for their main gaming. Times are changing, and I know I'm done with PC upgrades.
Next gen games don't require mega-bucks PCs, rather they require a modern machine. That doesn't have to mean expensive. I wouldn't consider that setup you posted to be especially powerful, something a fair bit quicker can be had for fairly cheap these days. :)

porsche908
05-28-2007, 07:22 PM

When specifying system specs, be clearer. AMD4000+? You mean AMD Sempron 4000+, or AMD Athlon 4000+?
As for the dual SLI cards: the NVIDIA Geforce 7600 series don't have the "FX" prefix anymore, only the 5x00 cards have that prefix.
And if that game runs awesome on the XBox 360, a gaming pc with similar or better hardware shouldn't run it badly.

Rally Master
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
When specifying system specs, be clearer. AMD4000+? You mean AMD Sempron 4000+, or AMD Athlon 4000+?
As for the dual SLI cards: the NVIDIA Geforce 7600 series don't have the "FX" prefix anymore, only the 5x00 cards have that prefix.
And if that game runs awesome on the XBox 360, a gaming pc with similar or better hardware shouldn't run it badly.
Clearly there are a lot of computer newbies in this thread....

First of all, Sempron 4000+ processors don't exist and therefore the only AMD4000+ would be an Athlon64 4000+ or an X2 4000+ (they had one before AMD declared their EOL).
Second, there is no such thing as a FX7600. They dropped haven't used the FX prefix for years.
The XBOX 360 is a fixed hardware machine. The technologies in place do not change and will not change. It is therefore easier to build a game for a system that does not change and you can push the hardware to its limits. Remember the PS2? It has GeForce3 level graphics and is capable of handling a game like Gran Turismo 4. It takes years for developers to reach that level of expertise to make a game as stunning as GT4. PCs change too fast and due to increasingly complex and diverse components, developers are unwilling to optimize for the PC because it would take too much time. This is the reason why XBOX360 players get games before the PC gamers do and when the PC gamers get their product, a lot of times it's buggy shit (e.g. Rainbow Six Vegas and Test Drive Unlimited).

SubyRS
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Speaking of dirt, it runs fine on my PC which doesn't meet minimum specs, and on full detail too :o

Sempron 64 2800+
1gb PC3200
512mb Radeon X1600PRO

That was a joke right? I take it as a joke at any rate. I have a 2400, 1gb pc3200 and the 512mb x1600pro on one PC and it is cr@p. The Dirt demo on the x360 plays smooth as silk. The PS3 version won't be out until Fall or later.

Anyway, relax folks! So drop the typo "FX" from my post. Geeze Luweez I was just quickly summerizing from memory of what I read two days earlier. Sorry for the blatant missprint. And I don't need to be any more specific than I was when summerizing someone elses PC hardware. I wasn't submitting in a "technical support" question to a software company.

And if they've dropped the FX prefix, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks (go DUCKS) is this?
http://www.shopmania.ro/magazin~online-placi-video~produs-geforce-fx7600gt-agpx8-256mb-ddr3-128bit-tv-out-dvi-palit-cable-power~p-291840.html

You will probably be getting an x360 port of NFS11 for the PC anyway.

Found this one too at the CM forum:
Quadcore@3.2
2gb ram
2x 8800gtx
x-fi

1280x1024 Ultra 33-40fps...................

I have noticed a rundll32 in process's eating 25% cpu on my quadcore, also a protection.exe, is this the reason this game needs a cpu from the future?

Its driving? theres a few other A.I's, theres some physics, nothing over the top, yet it hammers a quadcore into the floor?

porsche908
05-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Clearly there are a lot of computer newbies in this thread....

First of all, Sempron 4000+ processors don't exist and therefore the only AMD4000+ would be an Athlon64 4000+ or an X2 4000+ (they had one before AMD declared their EOL).
The XBOX 360 is a fixed hardware machine. The technologies in place do not change and will not change. It is therefore easier to build a game for a system that does not change and you can push the hardware to its limits. Remember the PS2? It has GeForce3 level graphics and is capable of handling a game like Gran Turismo 4. It takes years for developers to reach that level of expertise to make a game as stunning as GT4. PCs change too fast and due to increasingly complex and diverse components, developers are unwilling to optimize for the PC because it would take too much time. This is the reason why XBOX360 players get games before the PC gamers do and when the PC gamers get their product, a lot of times it's buggy shit (e.g. Rainbow Six Vegas and Test Drive Unlimited).
There might be a Sempron 4000+ in the future.. you never know.

s-mac
05-30-2007, 12:54 AM
a $600 pc could prolly run this new game..

lets say the games requirements are 2.8GHz, 1gb ram, and 256mb GFX.
**cough**pentium 4 **cough**

revolutions right

Anandpr
05-30-2007, 06:54 AM
1 Ouestion? Will Pro Street will Support Windows Vista??
Here i found the website (http://www.nfsunlimited.net/)
- Pro Street is an official name.
- There will be medals for damaging car in specified places.
- First 3 levels of damage don't disturb in driving.
- Autosculpt is back, and it's more precise.
- Tracks in whole world.
- No categories in races ( i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car).
- 28 makes of cars, Honda is back.
- Cars are from about '60s to present.
- Only 8 exotics.
- 4 types of races - closed circuits, drift, speed challenge and drag racing.
- You don't have to win all races, you have to be first in general clasification ( like in URL).
- You can turn off abs etc.
- The game will be much more real.

Vanexroxics
05-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Should be. They can't be making games for NT, 98 Anymore.

Mr. Carrera
05-30-2007, 07:06 AM
- Pro Street is an official name.
Pro Street? Who comes up with these names? The way its looking now, MW is the last NFS that I will buy.

Gankdjoo
05-30-2007, 09:29 AM

The above statement of CMR DiRT is funny. I have Intel Pentium D 2.8GHZ and a X1900XT, and it runs it on full high, with FSAA at x6 or x4, don't remember, and all graphical options turned to highest settings. I doubt a single X1900XT is better then 2 FX7600GT SLi Mode cards.

Anathema
05-30-2007, 09:55 AM
- The game will be much more real.

Well that's not going to be hard... :goofy:

Rally Master
05-30-2007, 10:09 AM
That was a joke right? I take it as a joke at any rate. I have a 2400, 1gb pc3200 and the 512mb x1600pro on one PC and it is cr@p. The Dirt demo on the x360 plays smooth as silk. The PS3 version won't be out until Fall or later.

Anyway, relax folks! So drop the typo "FX" from my post. Geeze Luweez I was just quickly summerizing from memory of what I read two days earlier. Sorry for the blatant missprint. And I don't need to be any more specific than I was when summerizing someone elses PC hardware. I wasn't submitting in a "technical support" question to a software company.

And if they've dropped the FX prefix, what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks (go DUCKS) is this?
http://www.shopmania.ro/magazin~online-placi-video~produs-geforce-fx7600gt-agpx8-256mb-ddr3-128bit-tv-out-dvi-palit-cable-power~p-291840.html (http://www.shopmania.ro/magazin%7Eonline-placi-video%7Eprodus-geforce-fx7600gt-agpx8-256mb-ddr3-128bit-tv-out-dvi-palit-cable-power%7Ep-291840.html)

You will probably be getting an x360 port of NFS11 for the PC anyway.

Found this one too at the CM forum:
Quadcore@3.2
2gb ram
2x 8800gtx
x-fi

1280x1024 Ultra 33-40fps...................

I have noticed a rundll32 in process's eating 25% cpu on my quadcore, also a protection.exe, is this the reason this game needs a cpu from the future?

Its driving? theres a few other A.I's, theres some physics, nothing over the top, yet it hammers a quadcore into the floor?
There's a reason why it's a demo. The optimizations are not completely finished therefore you need to wait till the final product in order to complain with a good reason about how slow it runs on some guy's SLi'd 8800GTX when the demo probably doesn't even support SLi at the moment.
There might be a Sempron 4000+ in the future.. you never know.
There isn't one right now and there's nothing more to this discussion.
a $600 pc could prolly run this new game..

lets say the games requirements are 2.8GHz, 1gb ram, and 256mb GFX.
**cough**pentium 4 **cough**

revolutions right
It would run but not at a decent pace. If you've taken a look at games like Test Drive Unlimited, you will see that a 8800GTS, Core 2 Duo and 2GB of RAM would be stunning. It's around 600 dollars for just those three things.

SVTlover
06-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank God I have a PS3 so I won't have to worry about all this PC requirements

Rally Master
06-03-2007, 03:43 PM
All you have to worry about is which type of HDTV to get...which IMO is a bigger decision considering those things cost more than building a computer :P

edlemur
06-03-2007, 03:57 PM
It would run but not at a decent pace. If you've taken a look at games like Test Drive Unlimited, you will see that a 8800GTS, Core 2 Duo and 2GB of RAM would be stunning. It's around 600 dollars for just those three things.

sounds like my setup since i returned my 8600gts and bought a PNY 8800gts for $270 (for only only $40 more than the 8600) from newegg.

Tuners Rock
06-03-2007, 04:04 PM
if you ask me, this game looks way too much like Juiced, the body kits even look the same

SVTlover
06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
@ Tuners Rock

i agree with you
as soon as I saw those screenshots Juiced came into my head
But i suppose the extra stuff going into PS with make up for everything.

@ Rally Master
I'm not bothered for a HD telly really as long as I have a PS3 that works i int bothered
A HD telly wud be nice though i will just get a cheapo one.

SubyRS
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank God I have a PS3 so I won't have to worry about all this PC requirements

Me too, and I already have top of the line 42" XBR2 Sony LCD ($2400 on sale) so 1080p is the way to go. Doesn't hurt to watch the Anaheim Ducks kicking butt in 1080i HDTV either!

PS3 60gig = one graphics card to run Pro Street. No thanks.

SubyRS
06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
There's a reason why it's a demo. The optimizations are not completely finished therefore you need to wait till the final product in order to complain with a good reason about how slow it runs on some guy's SLi'd 8800GTX when the demo probably doesn't even support SLi at the moment.

There isn't one right now and there's nothing more to this discussion.

Test Drive Unlimited is a far cry from what NFS Pro Street is going to be. It's will drop that 8800gts to its knees. TDU is a year old now and the PC version is just a port. You have no point.

Rally Master
06-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Test Drive Unlimited is a far cry from what NFS Pro Street is going to be. It's will drop that 8800gts to its knees. TDU is a year old now and the PC version is just a port. You have no point.
I quoted three people including yourself and the TDU comment was directed towards s-mac. And believe me, Pro Street will not drop the 8800GTS to its knees. As far as I can see, the current generation has only started and with AMD having just released the Radeon HD2900 (at the moment, it's their highest end card) and not beating the current 8800 line, there is a good chance that NVIDIA's cards will still be leading the way into Q4 '07 when NFSPS gets released.

Because the game is already in development, there is a big chance that they are developing it using existing DX9 technology. Why? There are two reasons: 1. DX10 is still untouched by most developers, and 2. there will not be a large portion of people that will move away from their DX9.0C hardware. If you haven't noticed yet, ShaderModel3.0 was only adopted by ATi in their X1xx0 series but not in their X800 line and below (these used SM2.0). There have been games that were created using SM3.0 which alienated a lot of X800 series users who did have the processing capability to run games that are at that graphical level but due to ATi not including SM3.0 in their architecture, were left out. UbiSoft used SM3.0 in Rainbow Six Vegas and some Splinter Cell games and what resulted were many complaints about incompatibility with SM2.0 ATi cards.

Should EA use DX10 as their base (I will not rule this out as a possibility), I still highly doubt they will push the hardware as much as you think they will. First of all, they will only be tapping the surface of DX10's potential. Second, Vista adoption is slow (1. you need Vista to obtain DX10 2. Vista sales will only pick up when more companies start remaking their applications for Vista). From what I can see, the majority of computers will still be using XP with DX9 and because this is a larger consumer group, EA will probably target this group more in order to achieve more sales.

If you would like to refute my predictions, this forum is open for your input.

SubyRS
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Refute your predictions? Why would I try to refute your frame of mind?

You are forgetting that EA is not "targeting" the PC user at all. They are targeting us PS3 and x360 owners, where all of their revenue will come from. Any PC version you might be waiting for will be a console port. You will be getting the "leftovers".

Rally Master
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I understand the fact that consoles make up the larger portion of game sales. Did you forget that you were talking about PC hardware or should I bring up that "drop that 8800gts to its knees" comment again? Don't try to pick apart my argument by changing the subject.

Texhnolith
06-05-2007, 11:55 AM
from what i heard the game is build on shadermodel 3.0 but the game will even run on DirectX8 cards. But thats just now, the game is far from final and the system requirements is not something they decide on right away, final specs requirements will be given just a few weeks before releae.

Porsche_fanatic
10-02-2007, 06:13 AM
till the time this runs on my 7600GT, 1.5 gigs of ram and pentium D 2.8GHz... everythings fine with me...

here in India, an 8800GTX costs about Rs 30,000. and then considering 1 USD = 36 Rs....
the 8800GTX costs about 840 USD here !!!!!

getting a console is the way to go here... BTW the XBOX 360 (hard drive version) costs about Rs 21000.... and you wont even have to bother about the upgradaton...
PC users are now getting ignored by most game developers, the reason is clear in above posts.....

AgentRoo
10-02-2007, 09:29 AM
PC users are now getting ignored by most game developers, the reason is clear in above posts.....

Even if you'd said major games developers I'd disagree with you.

As it is, the PC is still the system with the largest number of titles - comes of having a back catalogue some 20+ years old and being the easiest system for independents to develop for.

Lets have a look shall we?

Major Developers:

Supreme Commander - PC only.
Rollercoaster Tycoon (whole series) - PC (and Mac?)
World of Warcraft - PC and Mac
Half Life - PC (converted to PS2)
Half Life 2 - PC (converted to X-Box, 360 and PS3 conversions in pipeline)

I won't bother with much in the way of independents, but Taleworlds "Mount and Blade" is the best example I am aware of, and that's still in beta.

Porsche_fanatic
10-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Even if you'd said major games developers I'd disagree with you.

As it is, the PC is still the system with the largest number of titles - comes of having a back catalogue some 20+ years old and being the easiest system for independents to develop for.

Lets have a look shall we?

Major Developers:

Supreme Commander - PC only.
Rollercoaster Tycoon (whole series) - PC (and Mac?)
World of Warcraft - PC and Mac
Half Life - PC (converted to PS2)
Half Life 2 - PC (converted to X-Box, 360 and PS3 conversions in pipeline)

I won't bother with much in the way of independents, but Taleworlds "Mount and Blade" is the best example I am aware of, and that's still in beta.

OK i agree, i should've been more specific....
what i meant was that the developers now make games based on the PC and what we get are mere ports, and all of what you have listed might be legends in the world of gaming but if we do mean to list out here then i'm sorry to say but the list of console developers will surely touch new heights...do corect if i'm wrong....

Myojinoir
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
talking about DiRT, my pc is 4 3.4 Ghz, 1gb Ram and GF 6600 512 Mb <-- no joke
i ran the game n 640x480 on high visual settings, ran pretty good, offcurse laged sometimes =(

and somehow Demo`s use to lag on my PC, origs` - dont o.O (NFSC demo lagged original - didnt O.o )

i`d say NFS PS will have allmost the same syst reqs as CMR DiRT
that is; minimum
P4 3 Ghz
1Gb ram
and i suppose it wont support GF 6600 just like DiRT =( but i ran DiRT didnt i? yes! s i guess its OK
or so =)

Porsche_fanatic
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
by the looks of it, what i see as of now is my 7600GT being brought down to the knees, the moment i turn up that details slider....but atleast this games looks good enough to justify that...
maybe ill get a DX10 card next year when the prices are more realistic...

Evo X
10-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Do u think Pro Street will work with my Nvidia GeForce 7300GT??
http://blog.vehiclevoice.com/BMW_07_CS_Concept_bl_10.jpg

Porsche_fanatic
10-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Do u think Pro Street will work with my Nvidia GeForce 7300GT??

i believe it will work but the details slider needs to be kept nearer to bare minimum so as to get a playable fps.... rest of it can only be said when you actually run the game on it :\
lets not forget that before my 7600GT i was running most wanted at bare minimum on about 30-40 fps on my intel extreme graphics 2( 64mb onboard piece of crap, it didnt even support dx 8.1 !!!! nor did it have any sort of pixel shader or stuff... but still it did run MW at respectable pace considering the semi-classic nature of it..)

Evo X
10-28-2007, 02:22 AM
well Most Wanted is running in full graphics and it's perfect with my 7300GT

Evo X
10-28-2007, 02:36 AM
the thing that I hate about NFS is that when they release a new game you have to change your whole PC system!

AgentRoo
10-28-2007, 03:31 AM
Only if you don't keep it up to date as standard.

A mid-range system should last 3-4 years (depends exactly on the quality of components) before you need to consider upgrading.

Evo X
10-28-2007, 03:34 AM
where do I get a signature from??

Drive4Life
10-28-2007, 07:00 AM
are those requirements for maximum game graphic-settings?

Evo X
10-28-2007, 07:04 AM
NO! the minimum requirements r at the home page!

Drive4Life
10-28-2007, 07:17 AM
oh ok, so what do you guess are the requirements for maximum? around 3.6 GHz and 1024 MB graphic card+RAM?

Evo X
10-28-2007, 07:19 AM
CPU: 2.8 GHz or higher (Windows Vista requires 3.0 GHz)
RAM: 512 MB RAM or higher (Windows Vista requires 1 GB RAM)
HDD: 8.1 GB free disk space or more
Graphics: 128 MB or higher (Pixel Shader 2.0, AGP and PCIe only) *
DirectX: Version 9.0c
DVD-Drive: 8x
Multiplayer: Internet Connection 512 Kbps, 2-8 Players
Input: Keyboard, Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

these r the minimum!! why do u need the maximum for??

Racer_Xenon
10-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I presume recommended will be around:
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 4200+ or Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
RAM: 1.5 (or 2?) GB RAM
GFX: Nvidia 7900GT/ 8800GTS 320MB or ATI X1900XT
HDD: 8.1 GB free disk space or more
DirectX: Version 9.0c
DVD-Drive: 8x
Multiplayer: Internet Connection 1MBps, 2-8 Players
Input: Dual Analogue Rumblepad/ USB Steering Wheel

Only a guess though.

Sinister
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
as copied directly off the pre-orderpage at ea.com

OS - Windows XP/Vista (FAT16 and FAT32 File Systems are not supported by Digital Delivery)
Processor – 2.8GHz or faster (Windows Vista requires 3.0 GHz)
Memory – 512 MB RAM (Windows Vista requires 1 GB RAM)
Hard Drive – 8.1 GB (16 GB required for Digital Delivery)
DVD Drive - 8 SPEED (not required for Digital Delivery)
Video Card – 128 MB with Pixel Shadar 2.0 (AGP and PCIe only)*
Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX - Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer – 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
Input - Keyboard, Mouse
Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 9500 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

*and for those who do not know, digital delivery is just for the online download of the purchased game.

Drive4Life
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
those are for maximum settings that will ensure i will be lag free even when full details? k thanks

Sinister
10-28-2007, 01:46 PM
you'd better hope you're right with that comment.

usually when they post system requirements they post minimum reqs.

Evo X
10-28-2007, 02:17 PM
do u think the Pro Street will work with the Nvidia Geforce 7300GT???

Drift King of Tokyo
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
my father said why would they need a 2.8 Ghz processor if it needs a 128mb video card( is the processor intel or AMD???) if its Intel 2.8 i can defff run it, if not i maybe can slimmly run it. I have an Athlon XP 2800+ 2.09Ghz .my video card is prolly in the recommened (256mb X800 Pro) and i have 2.5 GB of RAM too

Sinister
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I guess you'll just need to wait until the demo is out sometime soon, so that you can test it.

Drive4Life
10-29-2007, 06:20 AM
im not sure either... i really want it for PC...

Evo X
10-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Me 2!!! I want it for PC! I don't have a PS!! :S

bkmc
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello! :)

Will Pro Street run on my system?

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
1GB DDR2
VGA 256MB NV 8400GS DVI
Vista Home Ultimate

Thanks! ;)

Evo X
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Hello! :)

Will Pro Street run on my system?

AMD Athlon X2 4000+
1GB DDR2
VGA 256MB NV 8400GS DVI
Vista Home Ultimate

Thanks! ;)

No I don't think it will work properly you have a 256Mb NV 8500GS well you need a 512Mb VGA and it's preferable that you have a 2Gb CPU!:\

Dr.DooM
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
i think my pc might run it ya know?

pray tell, does my PC run prostreet?

Myojinoir
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
yes it will, but probably not properly, because your v-card has only 256 Mb, but the game requires 512..
but dont worry so much, i think you will be able to play :)

bkmc
11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
But, 512mb is recommended, right? And minimum is 128mb, so i guess that my 256mb will do with some settings (car details) on high, and others on low or med. :)

Myojinoir
11-08-2007, 03:06 PM
probably everything on medium x_X and no AA, but probably it will run on 800x600 or 1024x756 normally, because you ahve a better card than me T_T sobs

bkmc
11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh thanks mate, what a relief... For a moment i thought i couldnt play it at all unless all min. settings o.O

Myojinoir
11-08-2007, 03:10 PM
as i said, its just a guess, maybe you should try upgrading your CPU, otherwise 3Ghz could fail D:

bkmc
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Good idea, but everything costs money :D lol Besides that I have a bmx bike to take care of and it swallows a LOT of ca$h :D

Revolution
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
People who rate graphics cards on how much vram they have are foolish. ^__^
bkmc, if you were to upgrade anything it'd be that 8400GS, it is the weakest part of your system. Your PC will run PS fine, although presumably with your settings turned down a bit.
muppet, your PC will also run it fine. Not on full obviously, but it should run nicely enough on med-settings.

Porsche_fanatic
11-08-2007, 11:46 PM
i ran the PS demo on my 1.5 gigs of ram and 7600GT, i say that it runs like SHIT....... ok make that crawls like SHIT(at a resolution of 640 x 480, with everything turned to low).... but now i assume that its something to do with HDR, but i still didnt get anything better by turning off AA (not that it was running in the first place !!!)

final word, if carbon ran pretty smoothly on your rig, you dont get any sort of browny points on PS, only if there was a patch to disable HDR, and moreover thats just the demo, maybe the game still needs refinement..
any comments ???

@ BM : lets just start praying for both of us.... and also for the crooked souls like us..!!!

offtopic : just played trackmania united, i must say thats one of the best arcade racers ive ever played, HUGE FUN...

GTR
11-09-2007, 03:35 AM
If I were goin to spend that much on my PC for NFSPS, i'd just go buy an Xbox or a PS3 or something. Its not worth it to spend that much on the PC. btw, how much does it cost if I wanna get a 3, 4 or 5 Ghz AMD Athlon CPU?

Davosyn
11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
...using XP with DX9 and because this is a larger consumer group, EA will probably target this group more in order to achieve more sales.

Quoted for truth

Davosyn
11-09-2007, 08:16 AM
If I were goin to spend that much on my PC for NFSPS, i'd just go buy an Xbox or a PS3 or something. Its not worth it to spend that much on the PC. btw, how much does it cost if I wanna get a 3, 4 or 5 Ghz AMD Athlon CPU?

Lips are sealed :x

The thing about threads like this is everyone has a different definition for everything mentioned. Or lack of definition? Food for thought, ->

1. run it
.a. compatible to be executed on your system
.b. compatible and sustained ~30 Frames per Second or higher

2. system requirements
.a. minimum required
..1. necessary to run the game at acceptable performance (subject to interpretation)
..2. necessary to execute said program
.b. recommended hardware
..1. suggested hardware to obtain preferable performance, typical of consumer availability (subject to interpretation)
..2. suggested hardware to obtain all-powerful frame rates of überness (subject to interpretation)

3. fast, good computer
.a. computer is capable of handling complex tasks swiftly & with ease (subject to interpretation)
.b. computer is capable of handling complex tasks with accuracy and speed ( yeah...subject to interpretation)
.c. computer is capable of handling day to day tasks and various multimedia well for it's market segment (price points subject to interpretation based on current technology)
.d. computer is capable of handling überness of an all-powerful nature while multi-tasking 45 programs/threads simultaneously (subject to interpretation)

4. frames per second
.a. held highly responsible for enjoyment of various multi-media, i.e. games though not always
..1. for true performance must be as close to 100 or higher (true performance subject to interpretation)
..2. for technically smooth performance must be 25-30 sustained, subject to media type
.b. can cause undesired game performance at any rate if not constant
.c. does not determine actual execution of a program, i.e. frame rates are negligible, program either does or does not function

5. processor speed
.a. measured by clockrate in Hertz (1 million cycles per second), thusly 1 Gigahertz equates to 1 billion cycles per second
.b. comparison by clock rate is a defunct concept, only useful for comparing models from the same "family" i.e. Pentium Core 2 Duo models cannot be compared to older Pentium 4 models or other brands by clock rate
.c. current technological advances allow less clock cycles per second whilst maintaining the same throughput, thus comparison by clock cycle alone for consumers is very misleading & should not be used
.d. typically two listings are made available for "system requirements" purposes; one for Pentium and one for AMD type processors

6. memory

...I'm going to stop here, I think my time was probably better spent somewhere else, lol...well, basically memory is good to a point, after that it will not affect anything. For systems operationg Windows Vista it is generally accepted you need at least 2 gb to sufficiently run the system without hassle, for XP 1 gb is the standard, with RAM prices drooping in some markets it is easily affordable to upgrade this all-time favourite and thusly it has been reinforced to 1 or 2gb standards

/end

EDIT: Forgot to add, to sum it all up, you can see all the different ways one can interpret a single word or concept..."Oh, I have this computer and it runs like crap!" - That doesn't tell us anything, really. By measurement, this person's computer may run the game at 25 fps which would entail some choppy or jagged gameplay, but they may actually be doing any number of things that could cause this...including not meeting system requirements.

Having less than a 256mb Gfx card doesn't mean the game won't run (or whatever they put for minimum)...it means it will not run as good as a 512mb vid card. How well does that run? well, we don't know. When the game is released it will (hopefully) be reviewed across a few different platforms. Using proper testing methods and reasonably available systems, we can draw conclusions about the performance of one system versus another.

Look at the system req. like this - if you do not meet the requirements, but are close...or don't know, You may be able to run this, who knows - if you meet the official req. You are very likely able and if you totally blow their recommendations out of the water, You should have no problem.

The smart consumer will make an informed decision based on either experience or research and others will simply "buy the game" - what you do, or what is available given your situation, is up to you.

edlemur
11-09-2007, 08:32 AM
4 or 5 Ghz AMD Athlon CPU?
lmao, this should help
http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/12/30/5_ghz_project/

Davosyn
11-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Thx for that link, I saw that project once, pretty cool. I remember there was a DIY home kit for vapor cooling a couple years ago, never followed it up personally

Evo X
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a Nvidia Geforce (512Mb) 7300GT, 2.8Ghz with 2Gb DDR2! do u think it will work on high or medium with 800x600 resolution?? plz reply before I download or buy the game!

AgentRoo
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Doubtful, the 7300GT simply doesn't have the power to run at high details, even with such a low resolution (assuming such a low resolution will be included).

Get the demo and test it is the best answer to any "will X run Z?" question IMO.

Davosyn
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
by the looks of it, what i see as of now is my 7600GT being brought down to the knees, the moment i turn up that details slider....but atleast this games looks good enough to justify that...
maybe ill get a DX10 card next year when the prices are more realistic...

Having a DX10 compliant system is just as important as a DX10-generation video card, not really that complicated, but...you're right, by next year DX10 will be more widely accepted, so to speak

Davosyn
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Just a note here, not sure where it says you have to have an 8800 gtx to play the game...obviously that's going to be more than a minimum requirement, that would be like whoa for a requirement, uh...considering that's one of the best cards you can get right now, well they don't market like that, just clearing that up

You'll be able to play the game, like almost any game, with less than the most robust devices in your PC, but expect to cut down the more high end details (ps3, fsaa, shadows, etc)

I wanted to let you guys know, I see some of you had 7300s or 8400s etc...They are the lowest end for their model line. Yeah, 8000s are current, but they're dumbed down.

You can get an 8600GT with 256MB for ~100USD, if you have a bit more you can get the 'GTS' version with 512MB of the good stuff for ~200USD

Considering the 8800GTX is ~540USD, the 8600 series is great & can run everything the 8800GTX can, it just can't do it at the max settings.

That's it in a nutshell. You can't expect anything other than something simple like graphics card suggestions until official specs are out.