View Full Version : NFS Pro Street Homepage(OFFICIALLY RELEASED!)

Vanexroxics
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
http://www.ea.com/nfs/prostreet/home.jsp

Just to get everyone's attention :)

creek
05-31-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm glad to see that NFS: Pro Street is going to take place at day-time again. It's still a mystery of whether or not NFS: Pro Street is going to be more like FORZA MOTORSPORT. Perhaps the race shown in the trailer is just an example of one of the race types. IMO, it appears to be similar to a "URL-Race" in NFS:U2. Maybe NFS: Pro Street will take place in a city, where you do races to earn money for tuning-up your car. Then, when your car's ready, you go to one of those URL-Races, and if you win, you get bumped-up a level. It's kind-of like on NFS:MW where if you challenge a Blacklist-Racer and win, you get bumped-up a level.

For now, we'll just have to be patient and wait for more info on NFS: Pro Street.

Vanexroxics
05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
@creek - Not only daytime, we lose exotics again. See an eclipse in the screenshots section? Now there IS MORE RICE.

Ricers WINS again!

Ricers - 500
Exotics - 0

Dr.DooM
05-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I doubt EA will get rid of all the exotics. In the off chance that they do, they wont be getting my money.....

creek
05-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeh, I miss the exotics. They're what made NFS1-NFS6 (especially NFS2) really enjoyable. :'(

Vanexroxics
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
If they get rid of all exotics and come back with rice, I'm gonna stop buying their NFS series and get the shit out of myself playing TDU or GT.

creek
05-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Same here. If we lose the exotics, I'm going back to playing Burnout: Revenge or NFS 4. :) NFS:C may end-up being my last NFS.

Ridge_Runner_5
05-31-2007, 12:02 PM
No exotics means I can probably afford to buy 2 or 3 copies of TDU :P

I like the looks of the drag strip, though...

At least we can be guaranteed the return of muscle....muscle cars own the drag strip...
________
Toyota Tf102 History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_TF102)

funny guy
05-31-2007, 01:24 PM
well, in a mag scan here there is an audi rs4, so maybe there is still hope for exotics..
http://www.nfsplanet.com/pic.php?images/nfs11/scans/nfsps_play02.jpg

Sinister
05-31-2007, 02:06 PM
the rice is fully functional now.. meaning whatever you do to the car will affect its performance..

wrong ricing combinations wont be overly possible.
and ricing isnt forced.

Shake
05-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Bah, you bunch of whiners. "OMG I DIDN'T SEE AN EXOTIC CAR IN THE TRAILER THERE MUST BE NONE I MUST JUMP TO AS MANY CONCLUSIONS AS I CAN!!!!11"

The game doesn't come out for another 5 months or so. Have patience, I highly doubt they're going to shitcan exotic cars. My hopes are that they do something similar to Carbon, i.e. bring back most/all of the cars from the previous game as well as new ones. And if they bring more "ricers" into the game than exotics, don't *****, because hey guess what, there's a lot more "rice burners" than there are exotics in the world.

From what I have seen/heard, this game actually has a chance of being pretty ****ing cool. I'm really digging the dragstrip, no more shitty dragraces in the streets and crashing into traffic cars 99% of the time.

Dr.DooM
05-31-2007, 02:27 PM
EA Shifts Gears With Need For Speed ProStreet
EA announced today that Need for Speed™ ProStreet is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is to ship this autumn. This is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. "Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy," said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. "This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers." Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-real graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the "Autosculpt™" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalise its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown. Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION®3, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), PC and mobile.
Ho hum
underlined and bold = interesting stuff
everything else :snore:
EDIT: by world i hope they mean the thing that every single one of us forum user lives on, not the "world" you get in most games which is one or two areas of a town

GT40 MK1
05-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I see a drag strip in one of the sceenshots on the EA website.
wonderful

Nuts4Ford
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
yup, more crap spewing out of EA. Any hope of NFS being reborn is dead. Goodbye NFS and hello PGR4, the NEW NFS.

although technically, PGR2 was the first brand new NFS game. Well that is if you liked any of the NFS games from 1-6. Only thing the PGR series lacks is country roads and cops. Everything else if NFS to the T.

Sinister
05-31-2007, 03:44 PM
From what I have seen/heard, this game actually has a chance of being pretty ****ing cool.

if only everyone thought this..

i've come to accept tuners in the game.. still doesnt mean im required to use them. Closed tracks, no open world, fine.. no big deal.. means they're trying to go for more sanctioned racing rather than promote illegal kill civilian ricer racing.

Killua
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm dissapointed again (4th time?).
Atleast it will be better than Carbon...

GM Lover
05-31-2007, 04:23 PM
How do you guys know there will be no exotics? So far, to me, this game looks pretty sweet.

philm1
05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
No exotics for now: Don't really care. Only one known muscle car in PS (Plymouth 'Cuda?) at this time. Game looks cool right now. At least over-ricing might actually screw performance. This organized street racing thing is also really cool.

s-mac
05-31-2007, 06:38 PM
well... ricing games arent that bad if you keep your car looking stock...

SubyRS
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks, the other site just went back to Carbon again so I couldn't figure out what was going on. I like that name for the new title. Sure beats the last one, which I never bought.

All the pics seem to be from one track or location. Still not much to go on.

BTW, PGR4 isn't the new NFS, it's TDU.

Vanexroxics
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
@s-mac - Looking stock is fine.

ricersHA
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
what is prg4 can you get it for PC?

Vanexroxics
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
PGR4 = Project Gotham 4. It is only for XBOX and XBOX 360. Not sure for PC(PGR4 is not released yet I guess)

GTR
05-31-2007, 11:44 PM
crap...i wonder where the hell is the post that i left here...i left it from a "Mac" thats y...always sux. I hope they get bankrupt, they deserve it!

Now, lemme tell u what I wrote. listen, fellas, first of all EA is gonna keep this game like a mystery for a while (a long one) and wont release anything much more than this right now. now, u have this much info, and see ur silly deduction: all cars are tuners. hell no. u have only seen the RX7 and the Eclipse. what about the Dodge challenger? its a muscle car isnt it? and i bet none of u knows that there WILL also be an Audi A6 for sure. I saw its pix scanned from a magazine previewing Pro Street. and Audi is not even close to what u call ricer.
OK, now after all, if u little kids like to go fast with Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and dream of them and like little kids say "Ferrari has 7 gears and goes 570km/h and is 18 million dollar worth" things i used to hear when I was 7 years old, then go ahead. I prefer the worse f***ed up ricing shit -if it has real physics - to any game providing all sort of exotics shining at u and easy to handle. Simulation, was the first goal of NFS starting from NFS Road and Track. well, senseless tuning, called ricing, is also disgusting. I agree with that. But remember, the equation of %100 exotics=perfect game, is freaken wrong. even TDU has tuners and Muscle cars.
I expected to see real Pro street though. this wasnt really what ppl call prostreet in real life. Prostreet cars are the fastest class of customized cars.

Ridge_Runner_5
06-01-2007, 12:17 AM
There is a second teaser available up on www.gamevideos.com

Its an extended version of the first trailer, showing two cars racing...
________
TERCEL (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Tercel)

GTi_16v
06-01-2007, 04:58 AM
i don't know what the whine is all about, the first infos sound more than promising for a nfs that is all about racing again

- improved physics (400 parameters that affect car handling for the devs toplay with instead 40 (lol!) that carbon had. last time i checked gt4 had that much)

- stand allone tracks + locations all arround the world (finally some real tracks that provide challenge bend after bend. the different locations are going to brake the monotony of the previous titles and brings back the feel of the oldsql nfs)

- damage which enables to even total your car

- replays (no true racing game can live without)

there are other interesting infos, praticulary about peformance tuning, which sounds very promising but we don't know much about yet either.

one thing about exotics is they should make them for what they are, expensive, tricky to drive b*tches that cost you a fortune to repair once u hurt them ;)

Porsche_fanatic
06-01-2007, 06:07 AM
from all that i have seen and heard... i think i am going to play TDU for a long long time.......

if EA chooses a carlist which has mazdas, mitsubishis, nissans.........n all the other similar stuff...
i bet they are not getting my money this time around......

though when i see the damage, graphics and closed circuits, i have thought of getting this one....

and the end...it all depends, if Forza 2 makes it to PC, m not buying pro street..... in any other case ill get it ...

outlaw-2
06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
As much as I like how much of an improvement EA had claimed, I'm still not amused by the fact that they are still rather stubborn not to let go of the culture completely. The damage has been done with NFSU, NFSU2, and NFS: Carbon. Those dreadful three games just make me vomit out blood. And this one, what? 'Pro-Street'? What kind of a title is that? Sounds like it's gonna convert many more little kids into this...

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/sargesagara/1179818174326nu4.gif

Me? Well then, I'm very much stuck to my Gran Turismo 4, thank you.

alex13
06-01-2007, 01:31 PM
em... i dont see XBOX listed anywhere in the list... NFS prostreet with no xbox version ???? :/ Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION®3, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), PC and mobile.

SubyRS
06-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Point: The NFS series has always been made to appeal to a broad market.

Also, Cops have been around since NFS3 (except NFS5) and it is big gamble if EA takes them out this time. Same with free roam where you can pick and choose your race or rival on the fly. Both great features that make what NFS is.

Also, NFS has ALWAYS been about racing street legal sports cars on civilian streets, with an occasional closed course. Going to a closed circuit racing game is a BIG mistake if that is the case.

I can pick up a standard racing game with real would tracks anywhere, but there is only one place to get NFS. I for one will be bored to death if it is a closed circuit racing game.

Fast cars, cops, and city/country roads is what NFS is all about. It's what people expect when they here the name.

PS, whta's that little animated critter two posts above? I think I saw that at the zoo last month.

ricersHA
06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
one thing makes the old and new nfs different besides all the new ways of making the car looking the way you want it and it is simple.how many people here can names the tracks from part 1-6 and then how many people can name the tracks from ug1 and up.those tracks are classics that is a big part of the game that is gone.

Rally Master
06-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Speculative car lists have included the new Lexus IS350...which I find extremely weird considering it only has an automatic transmission...

GM Lover
06-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Will you guys stop your b*tching? This is a new generation of NFS, just like the Undergrounds were. We barely know anything about what the game will be like. So wait for more info or STFU, because a lot of people are tired of hearing your whining. Who wouldn't want to tune a car and race it on a track? Just because it isn't classic doesn't mean it's no good. I accept that fact now, and you should too, because it's never going back.

Porsche_fanatic
06-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Will you guys stop your b*tching? This is a new generation of NFS, just like the Undergrounds were. We barely know anything about what the game will be like. So wait for more info or STFU, because a lot of people are tired of hearing your whining. Who wouldn't want to tune a car and race it on a track? Just because it isn't classic doesn't mean it's no good. I accept that fact now, and you should too, because it's never going back.

Sadly n unfortunately.... all of what he said is true, n we need to stop whining, if we are the ones who want old school games, then we better stick to playing NFS PU or migrate to other games.... why should EA change, when this culture is earning them HUGE funds????
and for gods sake, we all have to destroy the prejudice about NFS series, lets just keep patience and give the game a chance, but i really do wish its waaaaay better than CARBON

AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THESE BLOODY 'NEXT NFS' THREADS THAT ARE MUSHROOMING HERE, PEOPLE PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON !!

Nuts4Ford
06-02-2007, 09:39 AM
people have the right to whine just as much as people have the right to praise.

Texhnolith
06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Hmm i would advice everyone to read the previews each communty site has put up. From what i read here a lot of people seem to have the wrong impression about what this game is.

By all means it aint a simulation game like Forza or GT. its NFS with believable physics. From the couple min i played it. It felt real good, and this was with assists (abs etc) on.

Sure it aint the old generation need for speed as many loved (up to hp2) but its definatly not the Underground type of game either.

Its about legal organized street races on closed circuits around the world. May it be real tracks or real locations like Tokyo.
On of the big things this year is Preformance tuning, deeper then any NFS game has seen before.

Here are some links to previews of each communty site:
- Preview @ ND4SPDWorld.com (http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=nfsps&page=preview)
- Preview @ NFSUnlimited.net (http://www.nfsunlimited.net/article/22)
- Preview @ NFS-Planet.de (http://www.nfsplanet.com/nfsps_firstlook.php?lang=eng)
- Preview @ NFSG.net (http://nfsaddons.com/nfsps/pspreview/)
- Preview @ Racerplanet.net (http://www.racerplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16789)
And of course a preview here: Preview @ NFSCars.net (http://www.nfscars.net/site/communityday.aspx)

Please read these reviews before blurting out stupid stuff as "its another ricer game" etc.
I'll gladly answer any question I can. So if you got questions.. by all means ask

demoman_chaos
06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I like what I see.
It said there would be 8 SUPERcars (meaning McLaren F1, Carrera GT, and the others like them). There may be more exotics like the Lotus Exige and 911. Those aren't considered supercars, but are exotics.

Der Konig
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Wait there isn't going to be a freeroam mode anymore? And how do you know this?

Texhnolith
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
No Freeroam is gone. It's part of the different concept EA decided on.
Hence cops are gone as well, they dont fit in this game. It's racing on closed circuits, it odd to have cops chasing you there.
Though the new risk this year is damage. Last games you could get arrested, this time you can wreck your car if you screw up :P

creek
06-02-2007, 10:13 AM
em... i dont see XBOX listed anywhere in the list... NFS prostreet with no xbox version ???? :/ Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION®3, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), PC and mobile.

There was somewhere else at NEEDFORSPEED.COM where there was a list that included the XBOX.

Texhnolith
06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
the game will not appear on the original Xbox or Gamecube. it will however appear on 360 and Wii

SubyRS
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
QUOTE=GM Lover "Will you guys stop your b*tching? So wait for more info or STFU, because a lot of people are tired of hearing your whining".

Actualy, most people are tired of hearing lame attempts at censorship about what they can and cannot say. If you only want to hear what you want to hear, communication with other humans is probably not a good idea for you.

At any rate, if NFS11 is all about closed circuit racing on tracks around the globe (wow, that's a novel idea), then it is just another boring racer I'll pass by. Forza 2 does that already and I'm not buying it for the same reason.

While the mix of cars in NFS has allways fluctuated with the times, the prooven game formula has stayed on track. Pro Street looks like a total derail to me.

Mike343
06-02-2007, 01:41 PM
QUOTE=GM Lover "Will you guys stop your b*tching? So wait for more info or STFU, because a lot of people are tired of hearing your whining".

Actualy, most people are tired of hearing lame attempts at censorship about what they can and cannot say. If you only want to hear what you want to hear, communication with other humans is probably not a good idea for you.

At any rate, if NFS11 is all about closed circuit racing on tracks around the globe (wow, that's a novel idea), then it is just another boring racer I'll pass by. Forza 2 does that already and I'm not buying it for the same reason.

While the mix of cars in NFS has allways fluctuated with the times, the prooven game formula has stayed on track. Pro Street looks like a total derail to me.

May I ask when you started playing need for speed?

OZ
06-02-2007, 02:26 PM
from what i've saw so far, the concept of the game is growing on me... yeah, street racing is cool, but the last nfs always failed to give me the ideal street racing feel. the only ones that got me into it was the first and the second one, the ug series didn't cut for me much... maybe, track racing is the way they should go now.

One point that i must agree that they got right by start is promoting legal sanctioned races instead of illegal street racing... due the amount of impressionable kids that can have it, that's is ceirtainly a plus for me...

about the car selection, i could care less... why? DOWNLOADS... in nfscarbon they added the download system... off course wrongly used as they decided to charge you for it, but i don't doubt that some of the cars that we didn't see won't be avaiable by downloads... also... if you guys use your brains and try to get into the concept of the game, you would realise how hard would be to fit a top end exotic on it...

why? get this...

like anyother nfs you will probably start like a nobody, no cars, little cash... heck, every racing game starts like this... but anyway... you have to get a car and tune it... if you guys had a chance too look at REAL TRACK RACING Turners and TA Drivers, you would see that they do whatever they car to squeeze the maximum performance of cars they can. Not to mention weekend racers and garage door tuners... people that has little money but yet enjoy to play with their cars... you start like a noobody and build up some money to get your car runing fine... that's the idea... it's not to buy a car that will destroy the competition by start... is to build one... that's why exotics wouldn't fill much into this game as I think...

off course a low end porsche like a cayman or a boxter would't hurt...

also, the tuning is other thing i liked... there's no mention to a rating system... i hope they don't add it, but so far, with the looks they presented on the pictures i saw, there's nothing bad with the cars...

btw... if they let you do engine and transmission swaps like on forza... a 4WD eclipse would mean serious business if anyone knows the real one :P

GT5
06-02-2007, 03:12 PM
i can care less about what EA put in Need For Speed Pro Street, im still going to buy it because its a Need For Speed game...thats just me

GM Lover
06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
@SubyRS: Dude, the point I'm trying to make is that basically, we know nothing about what the game will be like yet, and yet everyone is making assumptions. If you had a brain you'd be able to figure that out.

@Tex: You got to play it? What did the HUD look like? Was the tach back to being analog?

PH34R
06-02-2007, 05:42 PM
@SubyRS: Dude, the point I'm trying to make is that basically, we know nothing about what the game will be like yet, and yet everyone is making assumptions. If you had a brain you'd be able to figure that out.

@Tex: You got to play it? What did the HUD look like? Was the tach back to being analog?

WORD

Its like judging a book by its cover. It doesn't tell us very much anyways.

Yeah, and the shitty tach meter was pretty useless too. Hopefully they make like TDU, and make it the tach you find in the car itself.

Texhnolith
06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I've only played it for 5 min or so. Just 2 or 3 laps around infineon raceway. The game was still in pre-alpha so nothing looked finished and it still didnt have a HUD

Dr.DooM
06-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I really hope that there is more variety in the car list this time, perhaps a few more european sports cars, like a caterham, or something a bit less common (maybe even cliched) than the cars they used in carbon.

GM Lover
06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Well, at least we know it has Infineon Raceway.

Mr.Ramos
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
I've only played it for 5 min or so. Just 2 or 3 laps around infineon raceway. The game was still in pre-alpha so nothing looked finished and it still didnt have a HUD

Infineon as in the Infieneon sports car track up in northern California?

GM Lover
06-03-2007, 02:23 PM
@Ramos: Most likely, unless there is another Infineon. :P

Texhnolith
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
thats the one yea. another area is the tokyo dock yards.

Mr.Ramos
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
@Ramos: Most likely, unless there is another Infineon. :P

Just want to make sure.

demoman_chaos
06-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Tex, how were you able to play Pro Street?
Do you work for EA?

Texhnolith
06-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I am owner of ND4SPDWorld.com, the same as Mike is owner of NFSCars here.
We, and others, were both invited by EA to come to vancouver for their Community day to get full details on the game and some short hands on time.
So no, dont work for EA, i just own a big community fansite.

GTR
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
I am owner of ND4SPDWorld.com, the same as Mike is owner of NFSCars here.
We, and others, were both invited by EA to come to vancouver for their Community day to get full details on the game and some short hands on time.
So no, dont work for EA, i just own a big community fansite.

hey! u r the owner of ND4SPDworld? I was in NFS PS site and I read that they have interviewed u. and you also said that u r gonna update ur website. Glad 2 hear that. I didnt like the way that your website was left there with almost no update. keep good news coming.
and share some information with us about the NFSPS after u went to EA. I'd appreciate. btw, if didnt play NFS 1 Road & Track, u better play it, cuz not considering its crappy graphics, its actually a great game. I mean c'mon, it has been released in 1996. but the game itself, is great. the physics r even better than NFSHS. try it.

@Everyone: Im really sick and tired of this shit...ricers...exotics...and "only muscles". Im actually a muscle car fan, but it doesnt mean that I dont like tuners or exotics. NFS means all of them. plus, u can always choose ur ride. so. and btw, ricing the way that I see the Eclipse (http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3159964&mId=3312617) in the pix, is just disgusting. its what a 5 year old kid may do.

ricersHA
06-06-2007, 06:17 PM
so texhnolith not to get off the subject since nfs world has prostreet info does this mean cars,tracks and tools will be added to your site again?

Oliver Oresic
06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I am not very impressed with new nfs. EA must design nfs with best parts of all nfs. New nfs must have free roam with more circuit and drag races or circuit-drag races. New nfs must have better tracks, remember summit, monolithic studios and atlantica. New nfs must have a lot of cops and final rival must have legendary FZR 2000! Other cars can be Veyron, McLaren F1, Mercedes SLR....

Ridge_Runner_5
06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
The F1 is the only car in your list that would support the rally track style we have seen so far...you are listing a bunch of super straight line race cars...
________
BUY VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/volcano-vaporizer.html)

Oliver Oresic
06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
What about tracks and FZR?

Ridge_Runner_5
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
The FZR Im not familar with, but so far the only tracks we have seen is a 1/4mi drag strip and a course similar to the drift courses of NFS Carbon..Veyron and SLR are straight line supercars, not suited for repeated tight turns...
________
RENAULT VENTOUX ENGINE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Renault_Ventoux_engine)

Finraziel
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I visited the local NFS office today (was invited for reaching the top 3 in the open dutch gaming championships, together with some 9 others), didn't really get much more info than already seems to be known, but as far as I was told not all tracks would be "legal". Some could be in the middle of cities, and might still have cops in them, but if there are then they will not be near as important as in MW and carbon.
Unfortunately they didn't have any code yet, only some videos... As soon as they do receive the code apparently they'll invite me and the other NFSC finalists to come play and give feedback, which would be cool :).
First impression of the game seems really cool though, very high detail cars, very nice physics, daylight :P. Also, the PC version is now being ported/codevelloped from the xbox 360 version, where before it was ported from the ps2 version apparently, so maybe we'll finally get widescreen support...
I'm hoping for the best anyway, carbon wasn't worth putting in the time to go for WCG, maybe pro street will be more like the quality of MW again :).

Mr.Ramos
06-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I am not very impressed with new nfs. EA must design nfs with best parts of all nfs. New nfs must have free roam with more circuit and drag races or circuit-drag races. New nfs must have better tracks, remember summit, monolithic studios and atlantica. New nfs must have a lot of cops and final rival must have legendary FZR 2000! Other cars can be Veyron, McLaren F1, Mercedes SLR....

You're looking for the wrong NFS game then, this would be what you're looking for:

http://storm.elxx.net/fragdieb/favourites/nfs3.jpg

The F1 is the only car in your list that would support the rally track style we have seen so far...you are listing a bunch of super straight line race cars...

The SLR is a handler too. ;)

momaka
06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
At first, the name Pro Street sounded like another bad NFS to me with more illegal street racing and retarded gameplay... But then I read the reviews here and on the other NFS fansites, and I can tell you that I'm actually pretty impressed from what I read. I mean, if there's damage and realistic physics, I could care less about what cars are in the game (-besides, I'm sure Aru will not leave the game like this without cracking the code and making it possible to add cars ;) ). Also, the fact that they removed the cut scenes, storylines, and city (street) racing is another good thing IMO. I can't tell you how much I hated city racing. Now at leasts it's on tracks. I still think it's better to have tracks like in NFS 1-6, but this is not bad either.
The car tunning --- I like the new ideas they came up with, like the aerodynamics, and if you put big bodykits on your car, it could possibly slow it down. Changing and painting parts individually is another good idea. Overall, the tunning concept is very well developed.
Then finally, the replay --- well it helps if there are funny moments you can catch on replay, like in NFS HS, where you could jump over a cop car in Celtic Ruins, but then again I'm sure this game would benefit from it anyways. Personally I would like replay for every game I know, even Counter Strike. So, let's hope there's a decent replay as well.
Overall, I'm very happy with the features listed in the reviews so far. The game sounds a lot better than the last 4 NFSs. Maybe dashboard view would have been another nice feature to add, but who knows? Maybe that will be added too. Let's wait and see when EA gives us more info. For right now, everything sounds good... Heh except the fact that I will have to upgrade my computer to play the game :P . But I have to do that anyhow.

alex13
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Why will there be nfs pro street for ps2 and not for XBOX ? :(:(:(:(

Mr.Ramos
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Why will there be nfs pro street for ps2 and not for XBOX ? :(:(:(:(

Because the Xbox360 has been out for nearly 2 years and is affordable, while the PS3 has only been out for ~ 6 months and costs $600USD.

Texhnolith
06-13-2007, 05:48 AM
I think the safest reason to assume why ProStreet is not being made for Xbox is the fact that xbox is dead. Microsoft dropped all support on the console and its hardly being sold anymore. As where Sony is still fully supporting the PS2. The PS2 is still the best sold console even today.

RedTwentyFour
06-13-2007, 06:14 AM
best "sold" haha, i didnt even had to pay for mine :p

- Rick.

demoman_chaos
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
OFFTOPIC: What is the best selling console of all time (while games were still being made for it)?

Vanexroxics
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
@demoman_chaos - Right now? It's gotta be XBOX & 360. PS2 & PS3 are going down the drain.

Mr.Ramos
06-13-2007, 11:51 AM
@demoman_chaos - Right now? It's gotta be XBOX & 360. PS2 & PS3 are going down the drain.

He meant all time, not right now.

I would have to say it'd either be the N64 or PS1.

RedTwentyFour
06-13-2007, 12:21 PM
umm, SNES?

actually, even thoo its a handheld, i could bet 400 bucks on that its the gameboy :)

- Rick.

-=-BLiZZaRD-=-
06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
i would say, Sega XD

Texhnolith
06-14-2007, 03:42 AM
OFFTOPIC: What is the best selling console of all time (while games were still being made for it)?

Right now its the PS2 and Wii. as far as I know I thought Microsoft stoped making the original xbox so that for sure aint the best selling one right now. But the PS2 has sold over 100 million in its lifespan so far. Sure if you count any gameboy as the same it might have sold like 150 million (from the original brick to the Gameboy Micro) but even so, thats over a 20 something year lifespan, PS2 done it in 7. so yea, PS2 is the best selling console ever id say.

awell, enough offtopic

alex13
06-17-2007, 03:31 AM
So What Do I Do With My Fu**ing Xbox ??????? Throw It Away ?????? I Dont Want A Xbox 360 , I Just Like My Simple Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanexroxics
06-17-2007, 03:41 AM
XBOX 360 is way powerful, besides, it kicks PS3 down the drain.

Oliver Oresic
06-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Is it a good idea to have FZR in Nfs pro street? Last three nfs have bad bonus cars.

Vanexroxics
06-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Shut up about FZR. GO BACK AND PLAY NFS2 SE if you like it SO MUCH.

Mr.Ramos
06-18-2007, 12:10 PM
So What Do I Do With My Fu**ing Xbox ??????? Throw It Away ?????? I Dont Want A Xbox 360 , I Just Like My Simple Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell your XBOX
Use the money to buy a PS2
Wait for October 31
Buy NFS Pro Street
Be Happy :)

XBOX 360 is way powerful, besides, it kicks PS3 down the drain.

ATM the 360 is kickin' the PS3's *** (only because there's more games out & it's been out longer) but in the coming years, the PS3 will slowly start to edge out the 360 with the Blu-Ray technology, 60GB HDD & more games.

alex13
06-19-2007, 04:02 PM
modded xbox , transparent cover , green lights , 40 GB disk 20 saved games
SELL IT ??? NO FU**ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Ramos
06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
modded xbox , transparent cover , green lights , 40 GB disk 20 saved games
SELL IT ??? NO FU**ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should've thought about MS coming out with the X360 before going through the time & expense to modify your original XBOX, now you're just shit out of luck.

momaka
06-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Sorry for the off-topic, but to answer Demomans question, the Nintendo Entertainments System (NES) and the original Game Boy are considered the best selling consoles. I just watched "Game Makers" today on G4, and they were talking about the history of gaming. They first talked about PCs and how CD ROMs and 3DFX accelerators were keypoints in gaming, but then they started talking about consoles. So straight from the show, they said the Nintendo Game Boy and NES were the best consoles for many years and sold the most systems. PS and PS2 hold the records for selling the most systems in one day, but not the most systems of all times.

alex13
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
when i modified my xbox there was no such FU**ing thing as a XBOX 360

Diablo
06-22-2007, 07:33 PM

Calm your titties. Why is that our problem? Besides, a smart person like you should know that a new version of any popular console comes out every couple years. It was bound to happen. It's not like Microsoft stopped designing the 360 because you modded your original Xbox.

Mr.Ramos
06-22-2007, 08:09 PM

I said you should've thought about MS coming out with a replacement for the Xbox before you modded yours.

Calm your titties. Why is that our problem? Besides, a smart person like you should know that a new version of any popular console comes out every couple years. It was bound to happen. It's not like Microsoft stopped designing the 360 because you modded your original Xbox.

Exactly, like I said before, unless if he wants to get a 360 or something, he's shit out of luck.

GTR
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
OMG...this topic has completely drifted away from its actual topic. It was NFSPS! gosh, wtf who the hell cares that someone doesnt have a 360...i swear the god it wont take a month and ppl r gonna make it compatible for a normal XBOX and put it for download for free. just calm down ppl.

now lets talk about the god damn NFSPS.

what was wrong about carbon?
*It had over 50 cars.
*It had all kinds of customizations.
*It had Cops.
*It had story line, with real actors, using the same technology for creating the clips, that was used in the very famous movie called "300".
*It had free map, so you could cruise to anywhere u want.
*It had great graphics, requiring a low end PC at the same time, unlike TDU.
*It was at night (night time is right time) just like UG series which doubled or even tripled NFS fans.
*It had Muscle cars, Exotics (also known as hyper cars) and Tuners (also known as ricers...lol) so it would match all kinds of tastes.
*It had all kinds of racing, from sprint, to getaway, to drift. it just didnt have drag.
*"Falling from the cliff", one of the characteristics from NFSIISE, was back.
*The excitement was endless
....ETC....
i think i said enuf. why didnt we like it? y are we suppose to like NFSPS, which doesnt have many of the mentioned features? answer this question, ppl.
thanx.

Mr.Ramos
06-23-2007, 10:59 AM
There was a shitload of glitches in the PC version that EA would only fix to the tune of $10 a pop. ****ed up if ya ask me.

Oliver Oresic
06-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Shut up about FZR. GO BACK AND PLAY NFS2 SE if you like it SO MUCH.

What is wrong with FZR, it is fast car and perfect for new nfs in 2008. Did you try to beat my ghosts in nfs3?

funny guy
06-23-2007, 11:37 PM
It had over 50 cars.

Only if you were willing to pay for extra cars.

*It had all kinds of customizations.

It really wasn't that good, compared to Forza2 (i know it wasn't out yet but they were only like, 7-8 months apart). The Autosculpt was just really enlarging/twisting different parts of bodykits, spoilers and wheels.

*It had Cops.

The cops were terrible. One moment they all lose you and you're trying to find them(???) and they are all going AWAY from you, and just when you are about to give up, 20 cops appear on your screen and you're BUSTED.

It had story line, with real actors, using the same technology for creating the clips, that was used in the very famous movie called "300".

The clips were so stupid it wasn't even funny. Sure, it nay have been high tech, but storylines like that are just stupid. We don't need cheesy drama in a driving game.

PH34R
06-23-2007, 11:46 PM
What is wrong with FZR, it is fast car and perfect for new nfs in 2008. Did you try to beat my ghosts in nfs3?

STFU, you noob.

About the damage, it looks like ATM Prostreet may be better, since in those previews, wheels and huge chunks of cars rip off, not like Forza, which is just mirrors, bumpers, and glass. Realistic nonetheless, but only time will tell which will be better.

Vanexroxics
06-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Ok, to clear it up.

FZR is lame. Shut the F up about it. If you want it, go play NFS3 and stay out of the new NFS.

Modding XBOX before 360 came out was really really a disappointment. YOu are just like way eager to get the shiny gold xbox when you didn't realise Bill Gates or A.K.A Microsoft was making a 3 times more shiny gold 360. To that you either sell your XBOX to some people for a good price, and then buy the 360.

Back on topic, the damage is quite interesting. But i might hope it follows Forza Motorsport 2, as agreed with PH34R. BUt not so heavy damage that your car can get screwed.

Mr.Ramos
06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Back on topic, the damage is quite interesting. But i might hope it follows Forza Motorsport 2, as agreed with PH34R. BUt not so heavy damage that your car can get screwed.

I would like to have the heavy damage, you wreck your car, you're done.

Please go away.

Vanexroxics
06-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Well maybe, something like a meter bar in NFS4? If it reaches a certain amount, the car may get stop and a screen comes up saying (Your can has too much damage and cannot continue the race) and then two options, restart the race or retire.

alex13
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
well if pro street is gona be converted to xbox thats fine with me :)

Mr.Ramos
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Well maybe, something like a meter bar in NFS4? If it reaches a certain amount, the car may get stop and a screen comes up saying (Your can has too much damage and cannot continue the race) and then two options, restart the race or retire.

Interesting idea, EA could adopt a similar feature.

well if pro street is gona be converted to xbox thats fine with me :)

EA is not gonna waste the time or money to put NFSPS on XBOX to please cheap-asses like you.

alex13
06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
i not talking about EA Mr.Ramos!!! Some smart and borred guy will convert it for xbox i mean..

Mr.Ramos
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
i not talking about EA Mr.Ramos!!! Some smart and borred guy will convert it for xbox i mean..

Nobody will waste the time to convert a new game to an old console. Which has already happened for XBOX1 owners like you, and for PS2 guys (like me), we're next in line.

alex13
06-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Mr.Ramos dont give up your hopes!!!!!! maybe god loves us :)

Mr.Ramos
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Mr.Ramos dont give up your hopes!!!!!! maybe god loves us :)

I don't have to hope, Pro Street is gonna be on PS2 which will make me happy.

Vanexroxics
06-30-2007, 07:22 PM
if it's on PS2, long live the 2nd gen.

Shankalicious!
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I wish it wasn't ported to PS2, hopefully it would be developed differently. Personally, I want to see the PC version take advantage of DirectX 10.

Porsche_fanatic
07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
and personally i hope my 7600GT runs it smoothly at medium graphics

and also hope that it doesnt have requirements as exuberant as CARBON, believe it or not TDU runs smoothly at the same resolution and max video settings than carbon at max settings and the same resolution..... n the way i see it TDU looks waaaaaaaay better than carbon

GM Lover
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, this will certainly be the last NFS on PS2. So, sell it when your sick of it and save up your $$$ and buy a 360.

That is my plan.

FordZorz
07-06-2007, 02:01 PM
A Wind Tunnel Sweet YES THIS IS KINDA LATE But I Wasent Paying Attention To PS Before This Thats A Buying Point For Me Damage And Aero As Well As DIff Parts Have Diff Spec. Dont Hate Me For It

ricersHA
07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
so how many cars will we have to pay for now let see 40 for the pc after the card 70?