View Full Version : What To Expect From EA for Pro Street

metallica_rule
06-11-2007, 06:14 AM
G'day everyone, i like many of you have been racing in the world of need for speed since 'the need for speed SE' days. As each chapter in the need for speed series has been released, each chapter had been getting better and better. I must admit i enjoyed playing Underground 1&2 but carbon honestly was a disgrace. They just ruined the driving experience with unrealistic tyre grip specifications, tuning and even realistics of crashes. For instance NFS:6, you smash into the other drivers they should atleast swerve from the impact.

Most Wanted was fantastic i must admit, but the impacts with other drivers wasn't realistic, and i was getting beaten by crappy little ricers that you can own from the start of the career in my McLaren SLR.

Honestly, EA better do some magic with their new title. like NO RICERS!! and rap, and techno. its been over worked.

They should incorporate Most Wanted And HP:2 together. as i still really enjoy the free roam.

alex13
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Say GOODBYE TO:
Cops
Free roam
Traffic
Night Racing
Say HELLO TO:
Circuits
Kick *** damage
Realistic tuning
Realistic handling
last but not least some really UGLY CARS!!!! WTF ? AUTOSCULPT ON ALL CAR PARTS ???? PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Ramos
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Have you read the mainpage at all in the last 2 weeks?

funny guy
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
last but not least some really UGLY CARS!!!! WTF ? AUTOSCULPT ON ALL CAR PARTS ???? PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember? the Auto affects your performance like it would in real life. You won't see any extreme ugly cars, unless some people care more about looking "cool" than winning.

internet3
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
lol, If u rice in this game, u die...

For what ive seen The cars wil get wrecked bad, Prices to fix a rices car Must be Insane, since they have so much expensive worthless Junk In it, u wont even have money to patch the thing up

on topic, i expect a good variety of cars, very nice places to run at (hell even the autobahn is a possibility they said real world tracks or a real world recreation )

Rice will be there, but it will be sooo easy to beat it, Imagine, a 1250Kg car racing against 2300Kg riced up ride, who will be the winner :p

Ricochet
06-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I want,
A good range/variety of cars,
I wasn't bothered by free-roam, but if they're rmoving, so what.
Good arcade physics. Yes, I don't want this game to compete with Forza or GT because this is a different genre, and the MW and Carbon physics were horrible.
Good Body upgrades like Forza and make them alter the performance.
No dumb Story in Career mode.

TenPoundBurrito
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
What EA is doing with NFS 11 is combining the cars and modifications you see in street racing and putting them on the tracks, similar to the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport series.

From the pictures and info I found at GameSpot, the cars and concept seem similar to Gran Turismo's topline models in the Japanese Grand Touring Championship (JGTC), like the Nissan Skyline GT-R modified by Penske, the Toyota Supra modified by Castrol, etc.

In other words, it's still not what true NFS lovers crave and miss from the "old" series (NFS 1 - 6), which is unmodified high-performance sports cars from the likes of Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc., detailed tracks set in a wide range of exotic locales (like the Himalayas, Amazon Basin, English countryside, Sahara Desert, and the streets of New York; basically the different types of topographical locations like desert, snow, mountains, countryside, plains, city, etc.) with changeable weather and time of day.

However, it has taken a step in the right direction with the inclusion of realistic physics and damage.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see what EA does with NFS 12. Hopefully, it's a better effort.

SubyRS
06-17-2007, 11:24 AM
IMO, this new game is no more a NFS game than Motor City was, but for a different reason.

Since it's conception, NFS has always been about racing on open streets with traffic, allot of the time with cops, chases and tickets. Without any of those elements it is not a NFS game any more, but just a standard racer like every other one out there.

I also see that EA went a little too far with the low life street culture when they started featuring vehicular cop killing for fun in the series. I'm sure this has raised many problems for their lawyers. EA should have just stuck with the player getting a ticket or "busted" and everything would have been fine.

So I see Pro Street as the legal retreat it is. Even EA reps are now emphasizing the "legal" racing in the game. I don't see any hint of NFS in the game. Removing all two player modes (like UG1)is also a very bad move.

ricersHA
06-17-2007, 01:17 PM
maybe ea should re-release parts 1 to 6 with new graphics with the same car list and game play like when they came out.or maybe a best of nfs parts 1-6 with every track,car,bonus cars and bonus tracks etc in one game for part 12 also with same new graphics maybe a dream

Stylez P
06-17-2007, 03:01 PM
the game won't have any free roam :(

FreelancerMar
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I will just say that MW was a decent game IMHO. The only Thing about carbon that I truely liked was the Car Class Tier System. and I do not mean for the car Classes Special Ability Either. I liked the fact that a Tier 1 car would get wasted by a tier 3 car no ifs ands or butts and that there was no way that some cars would be able to keep up with the better cars. My happy Medium of an nfs would be as follows.

MW Physics and Enviornment(Without Catchup mode thank you very much)

UG2's Dyno Performance Shop. But unlike UG2 where the changes make an actual difference to the cars performance.

A Tier class system Similar to Carbon(or Juiced) with some changes. Like removing the Special abilities of the class.(Muscles Accell/ Exotics Topend/ Tuners Handeling) Adding stuff Such as upgrading performance parts can put your car into the next performance class and actually be able to compete within that class.

MW made each car's performance unique and that needs to be brought back without the unrealistic BS such as a Golf or Cliov6 keeping up with a Lamborghini. That's where the tier system should come in based on from the factory performance and then going from there. Some the the speeds are downright rediculous. Cars and car kits that are not reasonabily aerodynamic(I.E. Tested in a windtunnel) shouldnot break 150mph outside of the dragstrip.

TenPoundBurrito
06-18-2007, 11:37 PM
@ FreelancerMar - Not a bad idea. However, what would you think of scrapping the NFS10 (Most Wanted) physics in favor of the far more realistic physics of NFS5 (Porshce Unleashed) or even the original two games in the series?

I found the physics engine of NFS10, while better than the one in NFS3, 4, 7, and 8, to be a bit of a disappointment. The cars didn't handle as realistic as in NFS1, 2, 5, and 6. NFS11 improved it a little bit (except drifting, which is horribly unrealistic and takes practically no skill at all).

Of course, since I'm also a fan of Gran Turismo, maybe I'm just being too picky. But I would like to see the return of realism to the Need for Speed series, including tracks from around the globe (rather than just a big city), cop chases (similar to those in NFS1, 3, and 4), and the focus taken away from tuners and put back in the true Need for Speed vehicles, the supercars.

FreelancerMar
06-19-2007, 02:25 AM
@TenPoundBurrito - If I wanted a Pure Racing Sim, I would be playing Forza Motor Sport 24/7/365. Well maybe not that much but you get the idea. I have NFS 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 so I am no stranger to NFS. I Never Could get NFS5 to work right on my machine so I gave up on it. I liked MW physics because it was a Happy Medium between Sim and Arcade at least to me. I also do not see the focus of NFS changing anytime soon because it wouldn't sell as much if it dropped what many would want it to. The old saying "You can't please everybody all the time" is true. Carbon was an enjoyable game in it's own right and it did have decent physics.(Aside from Drifting which I don't really care for anyway.) I would like to see Daylight racing back and I do like performance tunning. I do believe that the days of the old style NFS are gone and we will just have to live with it.

alex13
06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
no one can tell the future guys... the NFS series are on a mad way... the old school NFS racing is gone, BUT EA has got the power to bring it back , and i am sure they will , but em... nobody knows when the hell will that happed... maybe if we all pray to god to bring us some OLD NFS REBORN VERSION he will build us one and send it from the sky...

internet3
06-20-2007, 12:28 AM
maybe if we all pray to god to bring us some OLD NFS REBORN VERSION he will build us one and send it from the sky...

-hides under the bed as i wait the downfall -

i rather get it that the shop, Ty lol

funny guy
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I do believe that the days of the old style NFS are gone and we will just have to live with it.

I think pretty much anyone with half a mind knows that...

-=-BLiZZaRD-=-
06-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Well I wont thing anything, ill just w8 and see what will Pro Street bring us :p

alex13
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
blizzard u can never change dont you ? :P

supra969
07-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Honestly, EA better do some magic with their new title. like NO RICERS!! and rap, and techno. its been over worked.
just the opposite off you except for the ricers and techno i dont wanna ****in here music from alliens

RedTwentyFour
07-12-2007, 07:51 AM
i want it to be out now :/
so people stop whining and we finally see what will be great and what not on it, i cant wait, i have high expectations on it :)

- Rick.

Stylez P
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Guys, I Heard THat there is going to be free roam on the xbox forums, but I still don't believe it.

mew905
07-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Pro Street will NOT have Free Roam
It WILL have lots of body kits, ALL of which, including stock, will be autosculptable
The Racing Physics will NOT be simulation style, even without all assists. It will be right in between. Assists will make it more classic NFS style (E.G. Underground series)
Approximately 33 tuning variables, not sure if that's total or per part.
Aerodynamics actually work, depending on sculpting and other stuff
Alot of the tracks are based on real world locations. It may not be an official track, however.
The game is NOT direct X 10. It uses shader model 3.0, so GeForce 6+ and Radeon X1000+ series will work.
Damage, smoke and physics are the biggest improvements, damage is realistic, HOWEVER they will not allow you to damage it enough to make it look like the driver was hurt.
Smoke was made using SM3.0, rather than 2D particle BS in just about every racing game. You can make a huge cloud, it will make for spectacular burnout competitions should you choose.
Physics are more realistic, but as I said you CANNOT rip the car completely apart.
There will be 65 different brands of cars, and only 8 supercars like the Carrera GT, Lambo, etc. EA has yet to announce exactly how many individual cars are available.

And BTW, a civic tuned right CAN keep up with a lambo, so whoever thinks that's impossible, think again.

What I would like to see is more like the tuner culture of today, including swaps, conversions, etc.
I dont really mind losing free roam. I like the direction they're taking NFS: back to basics.
With the dynamic damage engine, I would really like to see something along the lines of metalworking levels, and vertex replacement. The higher the level, the further you can move the verticies. At the highest level you can make a cobalt look like a lambo (similar to the conversions you can find on ebay). THAT would be the ultimate autosculpt, however a bit hard to use. And depending on size, weight, power, etc. your car will be classed differently. However maybe that can be my new project game. A racing sim where you can buy entire cars, or just sheets of metal, motors, a frame and build it up from nothing.

supra969
07-30-2007, 03:07 AM
did you even play the game or u work for ea

mew905
07-30-2007, 03:22 AM
no, I pay attention. It's been in the works for 2 years, probably just research until recently.I mean 2 years ago Most wanted just came out. The things I mentioned above are things EA has decided on, and are probably open to minor tweaking but are definitely staying.

Swivelgames
07-30-2007, 06:32 AM
I like the idea. I definitely can't wait until it comes out, I want to see how it turns out.

I also like the idea of NFS going back the originals. I've also been around NFS since the classics, and have always liked all the NFS games, but you can't beat the classics.

I've also been around NFS Cars since NFS:3, and it hasn't changed very much, lol, but I've always loved this site! I haven't visited it since NFS:6. Its funny how theres still tons being uploaded for NFS:3. I haven't looked at many of them, so I'm not sure if they're 're-releases' of old downloads, or people are still making downloads. I also loved the fact that NFS left a map editor and an empty car shell out in NFS3 for curious players to mess with.

FreelancerMar
08-11-2007, 12:31 AM
quote below is from mew905:
And BTW, a civic tuned right CAN keep up with a lambo, so whoever thinks that's impossible, think again.
end quote.
Ok I will concede that the above is possable depending on a number of factors, such as track type, weather conditions, and the skill of the drivers. The MW stuff however was flat out redicilous and impossable. here is an example. Lambo going top speed about to cross the finishline. VW Golf or Renault Clio blows by Lambo as if the Lambo was either at a dead stop or in full reverse. Ok now engine power aside there are aerodynamics to consider. Most High end Exotics are designed inside of a windtunnel most econobox's are not. Even with performance tuning and an aerodynamic bodykit with a spoiler, and weight reduction stuff, most econobox's cannot safely break 150mph even on a flat straight. A Factory Lambo can usually break the 150mph barrier. Ok back on topic. I am patiently waiting to see how prostreet turns out before making a purchase.

Drift King of Tokyo
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
The game is NOT direct X 10. It uses shader model 3.0, so GeForce 6+ and Radeon X1000+ series will work.

so i have a 256mb ATI Radeon x800 pro, so i cant run the game????? :( :disappoin
I used to have a Nivdia 6600 GT and that was a lil older than the x800 pro but i need a x1000 to play the game!???

Speed-Freak-M3
08-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I think it's a wonderfull game since it has the new BMW M3, it's an awesome car :D

mew905
08-11-2007, 02:29 PM
so i have a 256mb ATI Radeon x800 pro, so i cant run the game????? :( :disappoin
I used to have a Nivdia 6600 GT and that was a lil older than the x800 pro but i need a x1000 to play the game!???

Not 100% sure if the Xx00 series have the newer shaders, if the box says DX9.0c compaitable, then yes, you can play with all the features. Because the X800 is the higher end I'm almost 100% for sure it will support it (remember the 9800's had DX9 support, yet anything under the 9600's (meaning 9550 and under) were DX8 only). Chances are it will work with older cards (like the FX and Radeon 9xxx series), however like carbon, you wont be able to enable ALL the eye candy :(

mew905
08-11-2007, 02:38 PM
quote below is from mew905:
end quote.
Ok I will concede that the above is possable depending on a number of factors, such as track type, weather conditions, and the skill of the drivers. The MW stuff however was flat out redicilous and impossable. here is an example. Lambo going top speed about to cross the finishline. VW Golf or Renault Clio blows by Lambo as if the Lambo was either at a dead stop or in full reverse. Ok now engine power aside there are aerodynamics to consider. Most High end Exotics are designed inside of a windtunnel most econobox's are not. Even with performance tuning and an aerodynamic bodykit with a spoiler, and weight reduction stuff, most econobox's cannot safely break 150mph even on a flat straight. A Factory Lambo can usually break the 150mph barrier. Ok back on topic. I am patiently waiting to see how prostreet turns out before making a purchase.

True even if a civic were tuned enough to beat a lambo, it would be near impossible for it to blow by it like nothing. Take 1000hp supras for example. They may be light, fast, and 400hp more than your average lambo, they still cant go by one like it was standing still. Tuned lambo's would be even harder, being V12's, a CAI would produce massive gains, more than your average 10hp, talkin around 20-25hp. Massive turbo wouldnt have as much lag due to the V12. We're talkin the Lambo would easily surpass the civic if tuned. If not (and I dont know many that are, most people with them are purists) then it'd be close. Remember you need about 4x the horsepower to go twice as fast. Most lambo's are able to get up to 240mph by the way.

Drift King of Tokyo
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Not 100% sure if the Xx00 series have the newer shaders, if the box says DX9.0c compaitable, then yes, you can play with all the features. Because the X800 is the higher end I'm almost 100% for sure it will support it (remember the 9800's had DX9 support, yet anything under the 9600's (meaning 9550 and under) were DX8 only). Chances are it will work with older cards (like the FX and Radeon 9xxx series), however like carbon, you wont be able to enable ALL the eye candy :(

ok then, so i wont be able to turn the graphics all the way on high then.. in Test Drive Unlimited my graphics are on high with 2x AA and it doesnt lag or anything. and i dont think it will work with older cards the graphics are wayyy to high end to work with 64mbFX series or Radeon 9xxx series.

EDIT: also in Half Life 2 Episode One i can turn the graphics on high with 2x AA and not have a problem with it

mew905
08-12-2007, 01:32 PM
HL2 is actually very easy on the graphics card. I can crank all available options on my laptop right up to max and get a good 30-35 fps. my laptop runs the 64MB GeForce FX Go5200. Hell my 128MB GeForce 6600GT AGP still gets a good 100fps maxed out on Doom 3, and goes a good 120fps maxed out on HL2, keep in mind resolution also plays a big part. I run at 1280x1024 though. You can probaly run at 1600x1200 maxed and get a good 150-200fps

And ya never know. Sure carbon barely ran on my laptop but I could still play it. There will be graphics options available to make it easier on lesser video cards, whether or not it will lessen it enough is the question. Remember, the FX and Radeon 9xxx series don't support Shader 3.0, so smoke is impossible on those cards. GeForce 6+ and probably Radeon Xx00 will be able to.

Unfortunate though, we're going into the 3rd generation from the GF6 Radeon Xx00 series so chances are your X800 just wont cut it anymore for max gfx. I wanna grab the Radeon HD2900 XT. It's more powerful than the 8800GTS, and in DX10 it matches and/or surpasses the 8800 GTX. That shows either how horrible DX10 is (it was supposed to increase the performance, gfx, and relieve the CPU of work) or how inefficient our DX10 cards are. ATi has the right idea, but neither of them put out respectable high end performance... and their mid/low ranges.... lets not even go there.

Drift King of Tokyo
08-12-2007, 01:58 PM
ok well thanks for the info i can prolly put graphics a med high or med for pro street with 2x AA at 1024x768( my max resoultion is 1600x1200) but i like it a 1024x768 i can put it a more resoultion but i dont want to.... and about the Radeon HD2900 XT will it run on an AGP motherboard and a XP athlon processor?? cause im thinking of getting one

TunerMaster
08-16-2007, 01:53 AM
To me, NOT CHEATING/DEVIOUS AI!

More known Japanese imports!

FreelancerMar
08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
@mew905. Supras are not what I consider ecnobox's :) I Also see that I got my point across. Both the Supra and the Skyline if properly tuned and driven could keep up with a lambo depending on the afore mentioned conditions. also not all lambo's are V12's but that hardly matters at this point. Back on Topic. Id like to see the Nurburgring Track in this next edition of NFS.

Sinister
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
what you may know about the game, you hav't seen anything yet.

its too good to pass up.

Eclipsefreak028
09-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Yea i herd this si supposed to be their most realistic game yet. I am into show cars more than horsepower, but i think for the carrer mode it will be all tuning, and of course rims and definately have my ride slammed to the ground.

The "My Cars" section is where im going to make all my rides look cool. I hope they let you customize more than just 20 cars in the game. I mean in carbon you get like 45+ cars provbabbly, and its so hard to chose which 20 you want to customize.

GTR
09-01-2007, 01:30 AM
I think this is what I want. Prostreet is realistic with some sorta fun spice. Thats what NFSPU had and made me play it till now. I finished the game at least 4 times and im still playing it. NFS PU and PS both have realistic handling, damage, tuning in a realistic way, great looking tracks, and no cops and free roaming. I like cops and free roaming but they are not what makes NFS special. Carbon showed that.

I hate Techno, Rap and hip hop are good, in other words OK, but Metal (especially heavy metal like Metallica) is the best thing you would like to hear when you are driving a high performance car. I think EA has done the right thing about NFSPS and i think Im gonna like it. This is just what I say according to what I saw in the videos and stuff.

TunerMaster
10-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Let's see:

*NO TRAFFIC CARS!
*NO Mighty Morphing Rubber Band AI! I want the AI from NFS HP2 back.
*LOTSA, LOTSA, LOTSA, Customizing Options (No additional Pimp-my-Ride like Accessories. Neons are fine).
*Good pumpin' OSTs.
*If it's now on realism, make it more forgiving!
*Cops are not welcome. Obviously.
*Cash Reward, "Just Right", not freakishly small like in NFS U2.

TunerMaster
10-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I hate Techno, Rap and hip hop are good, in other words OK, but Metal (especially heavy metal like Metallica) is the best thing you would like to hear when you are driving a high performance car.

For technos, how bout the ones in WMMT 2 and 3. :D

internet3
10-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I hate Techno, Rap and hip hop are good, in other words OK, but Metal (especially heavy metal like Metallica) is the best thing you would like to hear when you are driving a high performance car. I think EA has done the right thing about NFSPS and i think Im gonna like it. This is just what I say according to what I saw in the videos and stuff.

hey, i like techno, but not that carbon crap that had 3/4 unknown artists, only Junkie XL was good On carbon, hope it's better this time.

Swivelgames
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
For technos, how bout the ones in WMMT 2 and 3. :D

For users, how about the edit button? :mrgreen:

I agree internet3, I definatly enjoy Techno and/or Alternative when I'm racing. In game or out. What they need is some way of choosing what music you listen to in one of 2 ways. Either you have a way to store them and play them back (like the 360, maybe just store them into a save file or something) or have the ability to select one or multiple genres you would like to listen to. That would take a lot of songs to add to the game, but at least the musical side of the game would be set for all users. Haha.

I can't wait to see what happens with NFSPS.

SubyRS
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
First thing I do in any game is turn the music off.

I just watched the ad video at gamestop and it looks like the main "Boss" in the game might be a hoodie. I hate hoodies. Oh well, as long as I can skip the cut sceens like every other NFS it will work out in the end.