View Full Version : What type of tracks do you want to see?

GM Lover
07-16-2007, 09:08 AM
We already know about Infineon, Tokyo, and the Nevada Desert tracks, but which type of track do you want to see? For example:

I would like to see a track that is on a tropical island. It has to have some really technical parts (hairpins, S-curves) and some high speed parts. It would also be cool that if you screwed up, you could go flying into the ocean, but that probably won't happen.

So, what are your ideas?

thedarkstalker
07-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I liked the free roam city, well, only Rockport, but I would like to see some combination between NFS4 and NFS6 tracks; NFS4 has tracks with good ambient, you really felt like you were in the desert or in a town, and NFS6 has tropical tracks (even with volcanos:rolleyes5 ), something between those, mixing short technic and long fast tracks would be great!

Reptillian
07-16-2007, 10:05 AM
GM Lover, there a track like that called "Tropical ?????" in NFS6 but you have to unlock it. Here my track, a point to point, some S turn downhill run, sharp 170 angle turns, kind of like Street X track mix with NFS6 Point to point. With trees building daylight grass.

Eirik
07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
NFS5 is the perfect template for tracks IMO.

Tracks all over the world (Coastal, countryside, mountains, city, etc. They could mix the different areas from NFS3-6), but also some circuits around in a city.

I also thought about something regarding the city circuits. Dont you agree it would be cool if we ourselves could make tracks if we had a city map, and then we could decide were to have start and finish, and close eventual streets that would lead out of the track. You have endless posibillities if you have an original city.

Linkin
07-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Downhill drift course!

Mr.Ramos
07-16-2007, 10:38 AM
I would like to see a track that is on a tropical island. It has to have some really technical parts (hairpins, S-curves) and some high speed parts. It would also be cool that if you screwed up, you could go flying into the ocean, but that probably won't happen.

Yes.

NFS5 is the perfect template for tracks IMO.

Tracks all over the world (Coastal, countryside, mountains, city, etc. They could mix the different areas from NFS3-6), but also some circuits around in a city.

I also thought about something regarding the city circuits. Dont you agree it would be cool if we ourselves could make tracks if we had a city map, and then we could decide were to have start and finish, and close eventual streets that would lead out of the track. You have endless posibillities if you have an original city.

Yes x2.

Killua
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I want to see tracks that are similar or even the exact copy of the ones in NFS 3, 4 and 6.

But anyways, I would like a track that starts along a coast with white sand, then go into the woods, lots of trees, waterfalls and twisty roads. There should be a part of the track in which a waterfall passes over the road and the street should be wet and difficult to drive. After all that, go to the mountains, lots of jumps, more curves and then go downhill (90% of this track was inspired by NFS 6, lol).

momaka
07-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Well all of the tracks from NFS 1-6 are awesome. I'd like to see any of them rebuilt. However, I'd really like to see a track similar the Alps in NFS PU, with lots of snow and stuff like that... Also this might seem stupid, but I think it would also be really cool if EA made some European city like London, Paris, Munich, or Moscow and it took place in the winter where you'd have frozen roads and Eirik's idea where you can pick your own start and finish lines. I got this idea with the frozen streets and snow from Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy, where the story takes place in mid winter in New York City. I guess New York City could work too much like the cities I listed above. Then you'd have some real drifting. And imagine that with cops.
-"It makes me smile just thinking about it" - quote from Adam from Mythbusters.
I'd also like a track editor included with the game so we can make our own tracks.

Arcade
07-17-2007, 06:14 AM
I would like to see a track from Bucharest city. It's a real test drive for the racers. The roads full of holes.

Mr.Ramos
07-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Well all of the tracks from NFS 1-6 are awesome. I'd like to see any of them rebuilt. However, I'd really like to see a track similar the Alps in NFS PU, with lots of snow and stuff like that... Also this might seem stupid, but I think it would also be really cool if EA made some European city like London, Paris, Munich, or Moscow and it took place in the winter where you'd have frozen roads and Eirik's idea where you can pick your own start and finish lines. I got this idea with the frozen streets and snow from Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy, where the story takes place in mid winter in New York City. I guess New York City could work too much like the cities I listed above. Then you'd have some real drifting. And imagine that with cops.
-"It makes me smile just thinking about it" - quote from Adam from Mythbusters.
I'd also like a track editor included with the game so we can make our own tracks.

Quite a wonderful idea when you think about it, but the chances of that happening are probably 0.

I would like to see a track from Bucharest city. It's a real test drive for the racers. The roads full of holes.

Chances of that happening are definetly 0.

momaka
07-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, well if you look at this whole thread, almost everything has a 0% chance of being made. As you know, EA makes NFS so don't expect any of these ideas to come out soon. But at least we can still dream, can't we? ;) .

Lonza1
07-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Eastern Europe would be cool
But I rather would go downhill drifting in the Alps , with an Avalanche :D

Max Prez
07-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Alps and Schwarzwald from NFS5 were, IMO, the best tracks ever. I hope they make some tracks similar to these ones. :)

supra969
07-18-2007, 03:25 AM
rally tracks lol

Mr.Ramos
07-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, well if you look at this whole thread, almost everything has a 0% chance of being made. As you know, EA makes NFS so don't expect any of these ideas to come out soon. But at least we can still dream, can't we? ;) .

They must've listened to us somewhat, they brought back exotics & cops in MW & Carbon, but they've ditched the cops in Pro Street in favor of more closed track racing.

And yes, you can still dream.

The_Memphis
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
I like tracks with lots of action. A tropical island would be a great playgound for it. I realy loved the vulcan parts in NFS HP2.
I also like mountain tracks like the alps in NFS 5.

momaka
07-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Eastern Europe would be cool

Oh yeah, I defenetly won't mind some Eastern European cities or roads. LADA racing FTW :D

But I rather would go downhill drifting in the Alps , with an Avalanche :D
hehe, that would be cool.

Alps and Schwarzwald from NFS5 were, IMO, the best tracks ever. I hope they make some tracks similar to these ones.

Indeed they were.

rally tracks lol
Rally is awesome anyhow. Some dirt tracks would be cool for NFS...

Imprezzive
07-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see some tracks based on the the Mediterranean, like that track loosely based on Greece in NFS6.

ricersHA
07-19-2007, 04:21 PM
race ways 4-6 since HS had the first 3

Pepperoni
07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
does PS have free roam?

GTR
07-26-2007, 12:26 AM
it doesnt really matter were the track is, it should feel the way it should. For example, NFSPU, NFSHS & V-Rally have many different tracks. each of them feels completely different. thats what I'd really love.

and my track... snow...o man, just imagine... there was a track in V rally which was in mountains and it was dry, all the fog around... when I drove in there I really felt cold! there was also another one with more snow on the road and you would be actually "swimming" in the snow somehow ^^ which was real cool. and the feeling of being in that condition became stronger when i saw the cars being muddy, snowy or dirty. I think that should be included as well.

Pepperoni
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
For example, NFSPU, NFSHS & V-Rally have many different tracks. each of them feels completely different.

really good point. the tracks in the open world are monotonous and they all look alike. It would be kind of funny if nfs kept the open world, but divided the city so that one part of it would be a desert, another part would be a snow-covered mountain top, beach, urban, countryside and so on...

supra969
07-27-2007, 02:41 AM
how a bout a real desert real soft sand mybye the deserts here in the middle east

Max Prez
07-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Hmm. How's about have all the NFS games into one big game? Then everyone would be happy.

Zpectre
07-27-2007, 11:49 AM
They should create a representation of Paris.

ricersHA
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
old style from parts 1-6

Evo X
11-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Alps and Schwarzwald from NFS5 were, IMO, the best tracks ever. I hope they make some tracks similar to these ones. :)

Me 2! I agree! the Alps is the best track in NFS's history!

R8CCXVeyron
11-05-2007, 07:03 AM
I would want that tropical island track from NFSHP2, the landstrasse from NFS High Stakes, and, they should also have Autobahn in this game as speed challenge. That's it :D :D :D

G-EFFECT RULES!!!

Myojinoir
11-05-2007, 08:27 AM
well, funny how you guys`d like to see those tracks in NFS PS :)
Especially the Alps
no offence, but that track was impossible to drive with a GT 1 or other lower cars, lol, interesting how would a LP 640 look after that..
but okay, lets play.
I`d like to see a track that`s like Kindiac Park (or w/e was it called from NFS HS), because thats the only track i really enjoyed to drive ^^ with all its wide streets, perfect for speeding = perfect for Pro Street
And offcourse Autobahn, well, maybe they have that allready, but still.
And for sharp turn lovers, Schwarzwald copy, maybe something remade in it, but for corners,the best track i`ve seen s far.
Oh, and the Tropical island track from HP2 would be really nice, allthough thats a bit fantasy and totally unrealistic..what kind of psycho would ever drive his car next to a bursting, magma spitting vulcano? lmao, maybe without that vulcano, and the track would be very nice.
IMHO

Sage
11-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Some tracks in Canada (mainly Quebec) would be nice. Maybe something exotic too, like Hawaii.

Evo X
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
If you're a good driver and able to drive a fast car in any track well they should include the Alps!! the Alps is the hardest road in NFS's history! you can test your driving skill on that road! it looks great with excellent effects!! And I like rainy and snowy roads! make the game looks more interesting to play!! :)

OD211
11-05-2007, 10:02 AM
More mountain passes. They could brings back Alps from NFS 5. The Black Forest (translated from the german name) in NFS 5 would also be great.

Next, the games need more winter tracks. I haven't seen a single flake of snow in an NFS game since NFS 5. Driving through the snow, 45-70' turn in front of you. You let off the throttle enough to shift the weight to the front, and steer. The rear slides out, you gently multi-tap in the other direction while applying 0 throttle (I'm a keyboard user BTW). The car regains control, and you plow through the snow towards the next turn.

Something I commonly did in the Alps using the FR drivetrain 944.

Monte Carlo tracks would be nice.

And most of all, tracks with shortcuts that had thought put into them. For example, in NFS 4, there were these tracks such as Celtic Ruins and Country Woods. In Celtic Ruins, there was a shortcut before that overpass. If you entered and exited it right, it'd save time. And afterwards, there was this S-turn. Around it were carefully placed trees. If you set up your line right, you could cut right across this S-turn without crashing into the trees.

Then there was Country Woods. It had a group of tress cutting across the road long before a wide hairpin. You had to navigate slowly around it, and you could end up crashing into a nearly invisible fence if you hadn't memorized where the exit was. If you messed up here, you lost. But if you took it right, you shaved off quite some time.

But the shortcuts you mostly see nowadays in NFS games are basically routes one could easily take. They just have to find it, then all they have to do is drive through it. And I remember in NFS U there was this one shortcut I could easily see and take. Just no challenge to it.

Also, I find that a lot of tracks in recent NFS games are just the same old thing (race in some city, that is different from the previous city but the exact same at the same time). I'd like some variety in scenery. A wide open view of the sea. Trees and a clear moonlit night sky. Anything does as long as it looks good and is not another city.

In short:
Mountain passes.
Forest tracks.
Thought out shortcuts.
Monte Carlo courses.
Snow.

*sighs*
Impossible dreams shall stay dreams.

ricersHA
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
if they would add tracks snowy ridge,celtic ruins, and home town would be cool.Any thing that looks like HS to HP2.After autobahn was in PU.

Sinister
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
We the community leaders were asked this very same question when we were in vancouver, and we have had some of the same answers you guys had posted here.. I myself said the alps, there was a mention about the Australian outback, as well as a make your own track built in program.

they had taken these ideas back with them, however, one reason they hav't included any type of sdk or development tools for the nfs community is because other game companies could rip them, and modify enough to include in their own games. and unless they include a build your own track into the game itself, you wont get a chance. but doing so, having a full track editor, would take time to develop, as you'd need to include parts for each individual type of track, ie; autobahn backgrounds, objects, etc. or if mountain passes, objects with snow, etc. and so on.. very difficult and time consuming. in all reality this has not been turned down for future plans yet.

if the community does not think EA tries to work closer with the communities, they hav't paid much attention to what we have tried to do to help you all out. We finally have gotten rid of the FNF nature in the game and some of you complain, if we get rid of customization, some of you would complain, ..its never a win win for everyone, so someone will always be burnt, but the game overall does please a good portion of players every year, so we can continue working to further the franchise.

LeviMan_2001
11-05-2007, 10:54 PM
i think they should have a wierdo crazy track like hollywood (or "monolithic studios) from NFSII

TriniGT
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
A little bit of dirt tracks from the WRC stages (though probably highly impossible),
Winter tracks from the WRC stages (Though highly impossible, again),
A couple of real life tracks (Tsukuba, Mosport, Laguna Seca, Spa Francorchamps),
A couple of coastal tracks
Some narrow European Roads
Mt. Akina's roads
A couple of downhill/uphill twisties - that are good for drifting

And once they bring back the creativity in track layout - that was evident in Porsche Unleashed to NFS II - it will be all good.

Here is an idea for in game track editing:

Have a set of predefined road networks for various locations - such as, for example, desert regions, circuit tracks, city streets (New York, Tokyo, London, Germany, etc). Let the game player decide which intersection will have a certain turn or straightway - by closing off, or opening up, certain direction flows. For the track construction, adopt a sort of flowchart approach (ie "if/else", then onto the next leg/intersection, and "if/else" again). Set up a range for the track length - Say, for example, a minimum length of 3.** km to a maximum of 15.** KM - for races that do not take place on a closed circuit. Incorporate the usual - hairpins, chicanes, double apex turns, sweeping bends, etc - into these networks, with some thought behind it (a hairpin in a city is hardly likely, for example)

Consider the Monaco Grand Prix in Formula One - Just another road, until the it is near the the time for the scheduled race weekend. Look at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - it has a couple of track configurations. As long as they do it with some real world locations - unlike what appeared in carbon (to my eyes) - it can probably work... Though this feat might make the game a multidisc purchase, if ever applied/adopted.

GTR
11-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I myself said the alps
thats the best choice you could ever choose. If they asked me a million times i'd still say the very same thing.

they had taken these ideas back with them, however, one reason they hav't included any type of sdk or development tools for the nfs community is because other game companies could rip them, and modify enough to include in their own games.
isnt there anyway to lock the extensions? i dont get it :\

We finally have gotten rid of the FNF nature in the game and some of you complain, if we get rid of customization, some of you would complain, ..its never a win win for everyone, so someone will always be burnt
without the FNF ricing style crap (which was over a long time ago) we're all good with customization, all we want is to have a logical customization. to make your car look sporty and not riced at the same time. Racing style is what they're doing now. spoilers are now for downforce not for show. rims are for handling not for rating. i guess thats as good as it can get. plus since there's no rating system u dont have to customize. so if someone wants a stock car can keep his car that way. if you ever got a chance to tell them your opinion, tell them to keep it this way....please? :)

back on the topic, i forgot to add this, maybe some life in the tracks would be good. like NFSPU, some people, some bird sounds, some farm sounds en stuff....u know...U2, MW and carbon cities were always like a ghost towns, no one was around.

R8CCXVeyron
11-06-2007, 03:12 AM
back on the topic, i forgot to add this, maybe some life in the tracks would be good. like NFSPU, some people, some bird sounds, some farm sounds en stuff....u know...U2, MW and carbon cities were always like a ghost towns, no one was around.

Oh yeah it was pretty scary in NFSMW and UG/2 :x :rolleyes5