View Full Version : NFS6 and USB Joystick?

chevy05
07-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Going on a vacation trip next month and I wanted to throw some games on a new notebook with XP SP2. Most Wanted struggles, but FRAPS shows that in 640 X 480 that it is playable in the mid 30's. I loaded Hotpursuit 2 just for the heck of it, but I got a message about USB not compatible or something when the game started. The joystick is a Logitech USB 3D Extreme that is a very good joystick and works great with Most Wanted. I searched EA and Logitech for information, but nothing. Is HP2 and older NFS games not compatible with USB devices?

ricersHA
07-27-2007, 03:18 PM
the momo from logitech is very good as well and i use it on all the nfs games and other racing games too. never had a problem

Max Prez
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
My MadCatz XBOX-style controller seems to be compatible with every game. Maybe this is the one you should get. :) Future shop is the answer.

chevy05
07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
So I take it that NFS6 does work with USB controllers? Just not mine?

ricersHA
07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
have you tried to reinstall the game?

Diablo
07-27-2007, 07:03 PM
So I take it that NFS6 does work with USB controllers? Just not mine?

Not the most practical, but I use the Logitec Attack3 controller (which is actually for flight sims...) and the game detects it right away (a message comes up before it goes to the main menu). So yeah, pretty much what you said sums it up. Besides, even if it doesn't work natively with the game, Logitech controllers come with software to bind keyboard/mouse keys to the controller (so the game sees it as a keyboard/mouse).

Robbie Hanson
07-27-2007, 07:34 PM
From an owner of HP2 who's been there, done that:

It will find it, but it won't auto-configure--only specific devices autoconfig. You'll have to set it up within HP2 setting each axis/button individually. I had the same issue with my Logitech Momo, Formula Force GP, and yes, a Digital Extreme 3D joystick. It'll work fine.

FreelancerMar
07-29-2007, 04:27 PM
I have a Thrustmaster Topgun Afterburner. I wrote a custom config secion and added it to the hp2 controler reference. The Game now recognizes and auto configs my controler for use. :D But yes NFS6 HP2 does recognize all usb controlers but it does not auto config all of them.