View Full Version : Pro Street Demo Information - Xbox Demo Live

Sinister
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
This will be the official topic to discuss (after release), and links to the download of the demo once it is released.
As per this Thread, any other question threads about the demo will be locked.

Demo Release dates -
Xbox ProStreet Demo is Live.
PC Demo to be released November 2.
PS3 ProStreet is Live on PSN.

mouzman
10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
well... since i dont see any threds yet im gonna start one :D downloading the demo right now over XBL. 654.64Mb seams a little small to me but i cant wiat to get in game 41% done gonna say more after i play at least a race and give u some feedback. if u play it before me please post ur feedback.
PS: 47% (goes fast :D) 49% now LOL

Sinister
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
there is a thread in the PRO STREET section :P and thus I merged the threads.

GTR
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
cant wait for the PC demo ^^

mouzman
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
ok well i finished the demo....
not EXTREMELY undergroundish :D
ok so..let's see
graphics 9/10
don't see any HDR (correct me if i'm wrong), damage model looks great but it won't blow you off your seat. smoke is indeed very nice, cars are well modeled, steady frame rate, shadows look a bit wierd but i can live with that. basically looks like an enhanced MW engine
sound 10/10
game sounds great, music (the one in the demo) seams cool too (no more damn Retards Attempting Poetry)
gameplay 9.9/10
it's there but not quite... i don't know to tell you exactly what i didn't like.... car physics are ok but not really NFSish driving line is dumb and you lose if u follow it (not allways the BEST line given), the demo features a grip race which is a normal 2 lap circuit race with a dumb name and a speed challenge which is exactly as the MW speed challenge (same goal) on a desert high-way
for the grip race u have the new nissan skyline or whatever it's called and for the speed one u have an m3 (cooler than the damn nissan)
overall 9/10 i will buy it for sure.

BTW play on KING difficulty cuz otherwise it's just a waste of time...
EDIT: don't crash too much in the speed challenge cuz ur car gets totaled (just did it)

Sinister
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
yup.. everyone will crash in the speed challenge lots.

i just did once again, launched, major air time, and landed and rolled about 12 times.
i was in the lead too :(

the demo has alot of the feel the pre-beta had when I played it at the last community day in august.

a little shorter track, but still great to play..

for anyone else.. if you test it, you'll buy it.

XSTR33TK1NGX
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks for the info can u customize the cars?

Sinister
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
no.

demo only includes two races, with a Bmw E3 and Nissan Proto on the autobahn and nevada tracks.

as well, the damage is a little stronger now, you have a bit more leeway in what you can do before getting light damage..

mouzman
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
no.

demo only includes two races, with a Bmw E3 and Nissan Proto on the autobahn and nevada tracks.

as well, the damage is a little stronger now, you have a bit more leeway in what you can do before getting light damage..

thanks for the car names cuz i got them wrong :D

HSVrules
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
So XBL Demo Players, you think they've evolved from the Carbon and Underground error.

Sinister
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Most definately.

Pro Street makes up for them.

Baj
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh I can't wait now, for the PC demo.

Can someone try and film a grip race for me? And other people too I'm sure.

Shazee083
10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
it's not whatever nissan its the Nissan GT-R get it right if you are a car guy you should know this of your head.

GuitarHero777
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
no.

lol BMW E3. classic

Sinister
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
meant M3- its a friggin typo- sue me.

mouzman
10-23-2007, 08:32 PM
meant M3- its a friggin typo- sue me.

so i was right!!! damn u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
j/k :P

Sinister
10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
i never said you were wrong its like an M3 E93 or something. isnt it?

mouzman
10-23-2007, 10:00 PM
io really have no idea and don't really care to be honest :D it just looks cool and drives ok .... and by the time i will afford a car i will drive who knows what flying sh!t

thedarkstalker
10-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Pro Street looks nice, drives good, damage is visually overrated and physically underrated, I beated the 2 races in King difficulty in the first try, so I guess it's gonna be a quite easy game. Certainly it's not a remake from the Underground game engine (U, U2, MW and Carbon were the same game, with lots of patches!:D) It's totally a different game and in the first feel and look, it could take the Need for Speed name back to it's real meaning... At least, looks like EA is trying to do so... wich I suppouse are good news.

Sinister
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret.. the game was Toned WAY down for the demo, to please all demo-ers.
the game itself shouldnt be as easy.

from our contact -

I agree that the demo was a little on the easy side, but I've been told that it was designed with the assists turned up a bit which should explain that.

mouzman
10-24-2007, 12:16 AM
I'll let you in on a little secret.. the game was Toned WAY down for the demo, to please all demo-ers.

from our contact -

k cool so i know what to espect in the real game... this was easy on king...
Pro Street looks nice, drives good, damage is visually overrated and physically underrated, I beated the 2 races in King difficulty in the first try, so I guess it's gonna be a quite easy game. Certainly it's not a remake from the Underground game engine (U, U2, MW and Carbon were the same game, with lots of patches!) It's totally a different game and in the first feel and look, it could take the Need for Speed name back to it's real meaning... At least, looks like EA is trying to do so... wich I suppouse are good news.
but to me the grahpic engine still looks like a tricked out mw

Racer_Xenon
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM

from our contact -

Does this mean that some assists are still turned on when you race in King mode?

Nuts4Ford
10-24-2007, 07:12 AM
i just wish they let you drive other cars rather than being forced to drive that horrendeous GT-R.

thedarkstalker
10-24-2007, 07:48 AM

That's good! I hope that those electronic controls can be turned off!!

Both cars in the demo (M3 and GTR) look great and feel nice! The M3 is great, also the GTR... well, in the game, actually, is an ugly car...

Sinister
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah, you can turn all assists off in the full game, which will make it more challenging for most players.

as for the M3 and GTR, i Wont be using them in the FullGame either.

SubyRS
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I read over at the death-box 360 forums that there is some serious frame rate spikes and drops in the demo. Anybody concur?

Hopefully the PC version demo will respond to a more powerfull platform, even though the game was probably programmed for the 360 first and formost.

mouzman
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I read over at the death-box 360 forums that there is some serious frame rate spikes and drops in the demo. Anybody concur?

Hopefully the PC version demo will respond to a more powerfull platform, even though the game was probably programmed for the 360 first and formost.

nope nothing like that.... very steady frame rate like i told u in the post above

Sinister
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
no framerate problems for me.

Racer_Xenon
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
yeah, you can turn all assists off in the full game, which will make it more challenging for most players.

as for the M3 and GTR, i Wont be using them in the FullGame either.

That's great news, the demo actually looked reasonably difficult even with the assists (ABS TC SC) turned on :) Maybe the game without the assists will be even more realistic than I could have possibly hoped for :wink3: Thanks for keeping us updated guys.

mouzman
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
ya,no problem just ask questions.... the demo is really short and limited so not much u can do.... but the basic gameplay should be there.... can't wait for it to come out finish it and then go on with my life and maybe some fable 2.

Silverado_Rival
10-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Downloaded the demo when it first came out. And it was way better than I exspected it to be. Nice to see they got that stupid auto brake out. (you know where you BARELY press on the gas and your tires spin constantly). The BMW looks cool but to many stickers. The GT-R proto looks kind of gay, but it does have a nice sound to it. I think this NFS is what i been looking for all along, some racing for once.

RedTwentyFour
10-28-2007, 06:24 PM
i want a 360, goddammit :(

- Rick.

edlemur
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
just finished dl on my brothers 360 :)

LeviMan_2001
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
im sorry if this sounds illegal in any manner, but has anyone gotten the xbox demo to run on somthing like a (*gasp*) emulator (one on a pc that is)?

edlemur
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
i like this game. reminds me of those racers at the arcade. thankfully though, the demo has alot of driving assists, so it will be a bit more challenging and realistic.

mouzman
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
im sorry if this sounds illegal in any manner, but has anyone gotten the xbox demo to run on somthing like a (*gasp*) emulator (one on a pc that is)?

if u can make a 360 emulator i will give u my 360

Stylez P
10-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Played it.

was pretty boring, 2 cars, 2 modes.

beat both on my first try.

HSVrules
10-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Well its a demo. What do you expect. Racing Games dont have as much as a FPS Game Demo would.

SubyRS
10-29-2007, 10:17 AM
So EA said the PC demo is one week after the xbox demo. Any reason not to expect the PC demo tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Baj
10-29-2007, 01:40 PM
So EA said the PC demo is one week after the xbox demo. Any reason not to expect the PC demo tomorrow (Tuesday)?

it's EA

'nuff said ;)

Racer_Xenon
10-29-2007, 03:12 PM

Oh man, don't get my hopes up. I can't wait to :computer:

SubyRS
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM
The only info missing from EAs release schedule was that the moderator posting it said he would update the demo info as the time drew nearer. Well, the xbox demo came out already and still no updated info is posted at the official forum as promised.

So all I can "assume" is that things are on track because the xbox demo was released exactly as planned.

Anyway it sounds and looks like the game is more like NFS1 &2 than anything else. It will be nice to play it on the PC with a real wheel too. Only PS3 owners will have a decent wheel usable on the console platform.

Sinister
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Suby, how about this? listen to Mike, or myself for official news, either of us have the same information as the moderators at the NFS.comForums and here, at least its first hand and confirmed.

SLP Firehawk
10-30-2007, 02:11 PM
according to the prostreet website timeline, the pc demo will be released to the public on the second of november

SubyRS
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Suby, how about this? listen to Mike, or myself for official news, either of us have the same information as the moderators at the NFS.comForums and here, at least its first hand and confirmed.

Absolutely! Start talkin' any time. You see that's the problem. Mum seems to be the word around here. Is someone trying to crush all enthusiasm for the demo or game?

So is the new info for Nov 2nd posted above on the NFS site correct? That info was not there on Sunday evening.

SLP Firehawk
10-30-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.ea.com/prostreet/

why not check it yourself? look for the timeline above download the xbox live demo

Shazee083
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM
what how you know that???? there is no such thing as timeline.

SubyRS
10-30-2007, 08:42 PM
SLP Firehawk,
I did check it out as soon as I read your post. Thank you very much for the heads up. I also read that same revolving time line twice all the way through Sunday night just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and the PC demo info was not there. Just as there is no info on the PS3 demo there now, but will be added in between eventually.

But "the feeling" I get here at NFS CARS is that our mods have some sort of inside track or are chummy with the official EA team. So I ask them if this new date of Friday the 2nd is for sure. Unfortunately, another "feeling" I also get around here is "shut up and stop asking".

Sinister
10-30-2007, 10:07 PM
But "the feeling" I get here at NFS CARS is that our mods have some sort of inside track or are chummy with the official EA team. So I ask them if this new date of Friday the 2nd is for sure. Unfortunately, another "feeling" I also get around here is "shut up and stop asking".

no, you get, wait until we hear for sure. And one of us will announce it.

here's the official word i got was

In regards to the other demos, PC should be up around the last week of Oct/First week of Nov. and PS3 should hit somewhere close to the game's launch date.

so We will tell you when we know, ok. :)

Shazee083- you have earned yourself a ban for that comment. Enjoy "your" house for the duration of it.
- also, most people who own houses, do not act like little children, so unless your 500k house is in TDU., you're full of crap.

CrabCakes
10-30-2007, 11:28 PM
No news that I heard of :(
And I ain't even bothering this shit with the PS2,the graphics are waaaay to damn amazing. My PC made it troublesome to (or I should say refused to) install carbon, even though I had a good one. Hmmm... 360 time!!! I've been wanting to say that for a while :cheesy:

SLP Firehawk
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1335/proof1nj4.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof1nj4.jpg)
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7159/proof2lv7.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=proof2lv7.jpg)

to proove I wasnt kidding... look at the screenshots, i took two to show its not a chop. clearly states 02.11.2007 PC Demo Availible!

CrabCakes
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice find SLP :) I think the Demo will be at the end of the week in November, just because EA releases it at the very end of the dates they give to us.what how you know that???? there is no such thing as timeline.
10-4 on the n00b status.

SLP Firehawk
10-31-2007, 05:31 PM
the 2nd is a friday ;) thus the end of the week

Sinister
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
same day as the Community leaders are testing the full game.

SubyRS
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
NFS Pro Street Demo and new video are both out NOW on the Playstation Network.
It's 907mb. Downloading now.

Looks like Sony got their engines in high gear and pulled this one off even before the PC demo. It's not even listed on the official PS site yet. So if you don't have the x360 and do have the PS3 you are in luck.

Looks like I have a better inside track for news than the mods here eh? Remember, you heard it here first LOL.

LamboLuver
11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Yea, weird. The PS3 demo is out 10 days before the PC demo is scheduled to come out....and there was no warning of the PS3 demo coming out, it just appeared. Whatever. I guess all of us PC users will just have to wait another 10 days or so...

OZ
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Looks like I have a better inside track for news than the mods here eh? Remember, you heard it here first LOL.

Boasting will get you sooo, but soooo far :) whatever happened with humbleness these days?

Sinister
11-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Well Suby, mike and i have been on a plane all day, so how were we supposed to find out.. we only were told tonight. so good job. but it still doesnt make you any more of a man.

LamboLuver
11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Suby: People like Sinister and other mods actually have more of a life than you do, obviously.

nebojsa_o
11-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Where did this idea about "another 10 days or so" come from? November 2nd isn't THAT far away.

RedTwentyFour
11-02-2007, 05:16 AM
"issnt that far away" its today!

- Rick.

Vanexroxics
11-02-2007, 05:21 AM
@Rick
+1.

However, the demo releasing time might be from the America or Europe. For Americans, it's already 2nd November. *coughs*

RedTwentyFour
11-02-2007, 05:49 AM
for me its too :p

- Rick.

NFSRacingExpert
11-02-2007, 06:35 AM
yeah and when it does come out, everyone is gonna be talking how bad this and that are...

shaunawyong
11-02-2007, 08:26 AM
It is already 9.35pm in my timezone and it aint even out.

Drive4Life
11-02-2007, 09:53 AM
how long am i supposted to wait?! whaaa i just need that game!! D;

edit: for those that dont get, i mean in hours lol

Baj
11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
it's 4:09 pm in england...

so I doubt it's gonna be more than about 3/4 hours now

if it IS coming out today

SubyRS
11-02-2007, 11:43 AM
The PS3 demo is not so good visually. The frames are very jittery, even crawling along at 10mph. The sceenery textures seem to be simplified also. Not buying that version for sure.

Don't know where the 10 days until PC demo idea came from.

And as far as the remarks about "being a man" and "not having a life" go; I don't waste time on people that can only think to resort to such childish hostility.

nebojsa_o
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
The PS3 demo is not so good visually. The frames are very jittery, even crawling along at 10mph. The sceenery textures seem to be simplified also. Not buying that version for sure.

And as far as the remarks about "being a man" and "not having a life" go; I don't waste time on people that can only think to resort to such childish hostility.

What he said. I thought those two comments were border line retarded...

OZ
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
What he said. I thought those two comments were border line retarded...

actually, despite the words used, he lost a good chance to make up for anal behavior that led to such comments... Seriously, is that hard to say "Sorry" and "it was not my intention to mean like that?" unless it was indeed his intention... if so, respect can be flushed down the toilet :(

LamboLuver
11-02-2007, 02:09 PM

If you look on the Pro Street website, under the news, it says that the PC demo comes out on Nov. 11. Yesterday that was 10 days. Thats all I was trying to say.

EDIT: ignore this post. this is wrong. i screwed up reading the date on the prostreet website. i apologize.

SubyRS
11-02-2007, 02:42 PM
actually, despite the words used, he lost a good chance to make up for anal behavior that led to such comments... Seriously, is that hard to say "Sorry" and "it was not my intention to mean like that?" unless it was indeed his intention... if so, respect can be flushed down the toilet :(

@OZ, your first remark dirrected toward me was so erroneous and off based I just ignored you altogether and figured you were having a bad day. This comment however classifies you as completely ignorant. If you impute wrong motives onto someone else (which you did), it is you not they that need to appoligize. If all you can do on a topic is hurl defamitory remarks against people then I think you need to take some time out for some retrospect.

@Lambolover, Do you know where your "you have no life" ramark came from? The TIMELINE on the NFS PS site says Nov 2. If you had read just a few post up you would have known that and not made that uninformed comment. That's all I'm trying to say.

So BOT, has anyone beside me tried the PS3 demo? The actual game looks like a winner...on some other platform though.

LamboLuver
11-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh crap. I read that completely wrong. I saw on the timeline the date 2.11.2007, and I read it as the 11th of the month (completely ignoring the 2). I know it didn't make any sense but I didn't check my source when I was questioned about it again after I had posted it. I am sorry for me being ignorant. Please forgive me. I will shutup for now.

Drift King of Tokyo
11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
prolly the pc demo will come out later tonight (USA), i cant wait!!!!!! arghhhh

BVS_M3
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
so it's comming out today or not ? :( EA can't finish the DEMO for PC ... this is LAME..... :D

SubyRS
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
The Pro Street PC demo is up now on EA's public server, but it is going very slowly. My download is showing 5 hours, so I will probably cancel and wait for fileplanet or something.

I'm probably not supposed to post the link to it here.....it's too slow anyway.
i just found and ftp, but not much faster. Head over to the EA forum if you just gotta do it.

It will probably be available at gaming websites shortly. It's 795mb.

SLP Firehawk
11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
5 hours? i got 22 lol.

SubyRS
11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
There's another "NFS fan site" that has five mirrors and is a little faster. If you cruise the EA forum you will probably find it. My download is showing 7hrs now.

HSVrules
11-02-2007, 06:31 PM
The links from there FTP have been deleted. Someone has a link active up at NFS-Planet but 5k/bs? FTW!

SubyRS
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, everything died out. Fileplanet has it now and the line is short.

LamboLuver
11-03-2007, 12:11 AM
well, im downloading it from one of the links provided in the comments page on the headlines on the front page of this website. it has been going for 8 mins and has 57 mins to go. its going at 246 kbps. pretty darn good!

CrabCakes
11-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Been going for one minute and thirty six left. Cool :cool4:

SubyRS
11-03-2007, 11:43 AM
The file I finaly got from fileplanet was corrupt. Missing the cab10 and cab20 files completely. I'm looking elseware.

Evo X
11-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Here's the Wii version of Pro Street!
http://wiids.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/nfs2aj8.jpg

SubyRS
11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
With what periphial do you control the car with on Wii?

I finally got a good file download from filefront. The game looks awsome with all the options on high and in 22" widescreen native resolution.

It also supports steering wheels and the control and FF are really good. Very good control interface with the car. No strange response curves in the steering. If there were, there is no option to change it.

Deffinite advantage in the speed race with the wheel over a game pad. Much easier to pass AI and to pick your line.

It was up in the air as to which version of ProStreet I was going to buy. It's PC version for sure now.

CrabCakes
11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
When I click it, it goes to a black screen, then says, "NFS Pro Street Demo has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" :( Can anyone help me? PM would be good ;)

LamboLuver
11-04-2007, 07:01 PM
OK. Now I have a final time of a download that actually worked. It took 22 minutes to download at 633 kbps from the "NFSUnlimited.net Europe #2" server posted on the NFSCars homepage.

CrabCakes
11-04-2007, 11:40 PM
I installed it on one of my other computers and I got the same problem. Do you think filefront is the problem? I got it off NFSUnltd #2, but I didn't install it. I'll try it when I get home tomorrow.

LamboLuver
11-05-2007, 02:56 AM
yea filefront is the problem. its not downloading the whole file, and therefore corrupting. make sure the file is actually 795 MB. that was the key for me.