View Full Version : Will a Carbon save game mean a bonus in ProStreet ?

SubyRS
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know if having evidence of NFS Carbon on your PC will get you anything extra to start off with in ProStreet?

NFSRacingExpert
11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
like MW if u had NFS U2? i donīt think so...

Sinister
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
who's to say. maybe..
but then anyone could just download one.

SubyRS
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I figured that was just a guess on the previous post. I wiped my HD of everything NFS and EA related a couple of days ago, but left the NFS game saves in place just in case.

Seems there should be some kind of reward or at least consolation for the pain of owning Carbon.

Myojinoir
11-08-2007, 02:09 PM
lol
i dont think so, because U->U2->MW->Carbon are relatively one series, they they are based on eachother :o But PS starts froma scratch, so i guess not :(

NickBlackDragon
11-09-2007, 03:24 AM
U2 and MW were totally differant. dont forget that

R8CCXVeyron
11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah but remember when Rog says, in the last part, "people from Bayview are checking this out."

AgentRoo
11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Given that the character's car is always lost in U2 (crashed into Hummer), MW (stolen by Razor) and C (totalled in attempt to escape Cross), it is possible that PS will continue the story.

Or, it could be a completely new arc. Who knows?

Killua
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
We are NOT talking about the game story, it's about if a Carbon savegame will give you a reward or whatever for Pro Street (i.e. Gran Turismo savegames give you cash for next versions).
Read the posts.

AgentRoo
11-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Killua, if it's a new arc then there won't be a bonus.

GM Lover
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope not, because I just went to rent Carbon for my 360, and they didn't have it.

BTW: Anybody witht the 360 demo: how are the physics? Are the cars easy to drive and semi-realistic?

SubyRS
11-09-2007, 05:16 PM
My question was based on EA rewarding loyal customers of the NFS franchise with a little something extra at the beginning. Nothing to do with some kind of residual from Carbon.

If I were EA I would give $10,000 extra cash for each NFS game detected back to UG1.

GM Lover
11-09-2007, 06:14 PM
If I were EA I would give $10,000 extra cash for each NFS game detected back to UG1.

Well then most people would only get 20k because the new gen consoles are in. If you own a PS2 you can get all 40k of the money, but PS2's are just about dead.

R8CCXVeyron
11-10-2007, 04:08 AM
I think this is a different arc from Carbon. Because it's new everything's new, the organizations, different venues unlike one city which usually features a game story. My opinion. :D :D :D

SubyRS
11-18-2007, 11:20 AM
So EA does give you credit for Carbon on the PS3. Quoted from IGN:

"If you have a PS3 NFS Carbon memory save on your ps3, you get a message thanking you for playing previous NFS titles. You also three extra repair tickets, and a total repair ticket."

Anybody else get credits on another platform?

Kaerar
11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Thats quite funny considering that Carbon and MW use the same location in the PC's Registry so installing one wipes the other out!!! As they get released every year they are getting more and more rushed. If they bothered to fix easily spottable bugs and spend time on the release people won't complain if its every 2 or 3 years they get an NFS as long as its worth the name (last one worth its salt was Underground 1 and before that Porsche 2000). Not everybody likes tuner but Underground 1 did something very different and did it extremely well. The ones after have all been well crap (yes even MW as the cars handled like crap and it had a weird scewed camera when looking at the cars!). PS is good but suffers major polish problems with bugs galore.

AgentRoo
11-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Funny, I've never had a registry conflict with Carbon and MW.

NFSU and one of those two, yes.

FP
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I got a bonus when I started my career. I got extra cash and markers.

RedTwentyFour
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
7 markers and 40.000 creds i think. - i dont remember -its already been 4 days :/

- Rick.

Yogurt
11-19-2007, 12:51 PM
it gave me extra markers, nothing more

NFSRacingExpert
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I didnīt get nothinī

FP
11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Thats because the previous game wasn't installed on your computer.

NFSRacingExpert
11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
no it was and it is

SubyRS
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
NFS Underground 1 is the only title that caused registry conflicts. If you had it installed you could not install MW. Easy work around was uninstall UG1, install MW, then reinstall UG1 again. No big deal.

Which version had the extra credits or money added? I took all my NFS games off a couple weeks before PS so I lost out I guess,

FiftyNine50
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
You get 3 Repair Markers and 1 Total Repair Marker for every NFS game save you have.

Other cheats are:

CashMoney (+10000)
SafetyNet (+5 Repair Markers)
HorsePower (unknown)

Kaerar
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
NFS Underground 1 is the only title that caused registry conflicts. If you had it installed you could not install MW. Easy work around was uninstall UG1, install MW, then reinstall UG1 again. No big deal.

I never had that problem (mainly cos I run NFSU without reg entries), but I found I could not install Carbon and MW at the same time. If I did MW wouldn't run at all. So I just uninstalled Carbon and problem solved.

Didn't notice if I got any bonus from having previous games installed. Not that it matters much as money is relatively easy to come by.

HSVrules
11-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Yes U1 and MW had a pproblem because they stupidly used the same .exe name, speed, which ****ed them up together unless you used a special tool available at nfs planet.

AgentRoo
11-20-2007, 03:42 AM
I didn't even do that. Renamed the speed.exe of NFSU1 to NFSU1.exe and everything worked fine.

Mind you, we are digressing a bit here ;)

FityNine50 states 3 repair + 1 total repair per NFS game installed.

RiCkFX and FP got cash and markers.

Who is right?
Or is it different for each platform?

SubyRS
11-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I really blew it then by not leaving my other games installed.

What made it worse is that I was evidently hitting the wrong button for repairs and instead of using a few hundred cash I was throwing away $5000 repair tickets on them. So, chalk one up for a confusing novelty menu system to make a bad game even worse.

After maybe 6 hours total with the game I've had enough of it already anyway. Forcing myself to like a game has never really worked.

FiftyNine50
11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe its different from console to console...dunno but the differences in the same game are very sad if i made a game id make sure ewveryone was equal with the acception of 1 or 2 cars.

Kaerar
11-20-2007, 07:01 PM
SubyRS it seems like your expectations of ProStreet were too high given what you are saying. You gotta remember that EA never gave a toss about the NFS series since NFS 5. Thats when they started their campaign to make millions by releasing one a year. Trouble is its always rushed and has bugs cos of it. Personally this is the best NFS since Underground 1 which was also very good (though suffered from the usual problems too). Most Wanted was a good departure from the night time boredom that was UG2. But took a step backwards in car modification. Unfortunately the lazy trend stayed and that method had continued over to Carbon and PS. Carbon was the dog turd of the NFS series. Hands down the worst NFS ever with the best car models :s