View Full Version : Game Guide???

muddyblaze
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Is it worth it to get the game guide for Prostreet? Game Stop has it but I don't want to pay 20.00 bucks for it. Is it really a needed item? I guess I can get in a week or so.

edlemur
11-11-2007, 04:28 PM
its not worth it and it DEFINATELY is NOT needed.
they take out much of the fun and you can easily find free guides on ign and many other game sites.

muddyblaze
11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey thanks for the reply man. Thats what I thought.

Sage
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
20 bucks for a game guide? That's a load of bullchit. If you need a game guide, just check out IGN, or GameSpy, GameSpot etc.

Sinister
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
the gameguide MAY tell you some tuning settings which are prime per each car, but at the same time, contact me and I could pass a blueprint for any car eventually. I'll have some sick fast cars soon enough.

R8CCXVeyron
11-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah 20 bucks for that! I wouldn't take it, it's not worth it, and there are game guides in many different websites.

muddyblaze
11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
This is the description I found on Best Buys website for the official game guide. Worth 20 bucks (I THINK NOT)!

This official game guide to Need for Speed: ProStreet supplies detailed maps that allow you to learn the tracks. The catalog of all available cars and parts features complete stats and strategies. Discover how to tune your car with precision and take your machine to new levels of greatness.

Features
Use a 16-page checklist to track your cars and parts
Amazing maps give you knowledge of the tracks
Find strategies that give you a competitive edge
Tune your car like an expert mechanic
Includes a pin-up poster featuring two of the Flag Girls

The detailed maps if you play the game and just drive the track you don't need the detailed maps. As far as the tuning, I come from a racing backround of muscle cars and some imports. I have experience engine and computer work and race myself so tuning on a dyno (if included) will be a breeze.

The reason I posted the question was because I didn't know if maybe it would tell you how to unlock a special car or a part.

R8CCXVeyron
11-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Which is why there's a Walkthrough guide in different websites.

muddyblaze
11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Is it for prostreet already? If not how long before one would be available? Like I said the only reason I want one is so I can find anything that might be hidden, that the only part of games I really dislike. Everything else like unlocking cars by winning and stuff of that nature is no problem.

R8CCXVeyron
11-13-2007, 05:09 AM
Buy if you want... but they're also gonna mention those hidden stuff (which probably isn't gonna be in PS) in walkthroughs.