View Full Version : Need For Speed - Pre-order Bonus???

muddyblaze
11-12-2007, 12:27 PM
This was on the Game Stop website and I don't understand (first time I have ever seen something like this). Is it just a card with info on how to unlock the car and additional features or is it an online thing were you have to download something off of the net. If its something that has to be downloaded, I guess I will not have it because I don't have away to download it or load it or whatever. The way the description says is its a card that comes with the game that has hints or gameplay instructions to allow you to unlock it. Any ideas???

Pre-Order NEED FOR SPEED PROSTREET and recevie the NEED FOR SPEED PROSTREET RAVE CARD which gives you access to details on how to unlock the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and customize it using the all-new Blueprint demo. Code will be sent via email upon release. Supplies are limited.

SubyRS
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
All that says is all anyone knows. The whole "blueprint" demo feature has been nothing more than a cheap advetising gimmick so far.

I like the non-commital way they put it. "Get a card, that gives you information, on how to get the details, on how to unlock the STI Subaru!" If you don't feel led on after reading that then I have some swamp land in Florida you might be interested in.;)

Even calling Gamestop will not get you any clear answers, so you just have to wait and see. I'm sure it is just another case of getting codes to unlock early what you will eventually unlock in the game anyway, just like in Carbon. In fact in X360 Carbon they make you PAY to unlock cars that you win anyway later on. It's probably another similar scam.

Sage
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
What good does a card do you for unlocking a car? Can't you unlock it by simply playing the game?

R8CCXVeyron
11-13-2007, 06:03 AM
I agree with Sage. Cards that unlock stuff that you're probably gonna get anyway is pretty much worthless.

Sinister
11-13-2007, 06:34 AM
pre-ordering got you the subaru free.

muddyblaze
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey Sinister, I am a Subaru fan and since I can unlock it early thats awsome.

R8CCXVeyron
11-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Oh ok then pre order away!!! lol

RedTwentyFour
11-14-2007, 07:40 AM
haha, yeah, well - i dont care for the subaru, but i like the idea, maybe next time they should make special sets "HEY MUSCLE CAR FANATIC, PRE-ORDER HERE TO GET A GNX UNLOCKED AT THE VERY BEGINNING!!" or "HEY YOU ****ING RICER, PRE-ORDER HERE TO GET A CIVIC AT THE START!" or something...oh wait, hows that: "HEY REILSSS, PRE-ORDER HERE TO GET THE PAGANI ZONDA AT THE START :)" :p

...i think they should rather give out special parts..

- Rick.

Sinister
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
indeed..

btw rick, that sig owns.