View Full Version : NFS PS Damage

alex13
11-14-2007, 02:05 PM
In My Opinion , damage is a very good step in nfs but as the videos showed us , the RX-7 gets totaly trashed... in a video the front left wheel simply gets ripped of... In the demo as HARD i can hit a wall i cant made wheels to come off !!! Maybe not all the damage is in the demo of the video exaggerated a bit... :\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\:\

Sage
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Have you played the game yourself, as in picked up the CD (which was released today, I believe) and played it? If so, how is it?

FP
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Unless you get totaled, the damage is nearly not noticable. On top of that the damage isn't all that accurate, it is just an overall score that it gives you. It is really hard to get High damage, let alone Medium.

hymera003
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
At a race track at willow springs I raced without a scratch 2 out of 3 laps, but in the final lap on a banked corner I went too fast and my car was totaled. The cost of repairs was 48000, wich is a lot because you only win 10000 after completing an event. So I think the damage is pretty good. If you drive hard you pay hard;). I admit that is not perfect, but we never had damage since nfs5.

alex13
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
has anyone seen and damage on the roof of the car???

Myojinoir
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
we never had damage since nfs5
NFS HP2 had damage, but it was very low, and you needed to run the car into all kinds of places for it to actually get the hood trashed.

The roof cannot be damaged

alex13
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The roof cannot be damaged<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ??????

That Totally Sucks!!!
If Its Gona Be Damage At Least Do It To ALL THE CAR , not only bumpers , mirrors , doors and hoods...

BAD=
ROOF NO DAMAGE
WHEELS DONT COME OFF
NO RUBBER USAGE
EXHAUSTS HANG LIKE THEIR TIED UP WITH RUBBER BAND

GOOD=
CAR GETS SCRATCHED BEAUTIFULLY
LOVE THE WAY MIRRORS HAND TO THE DOORS
SOUND IS GREAT ON HITS

FP
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Errr why do you need roof damage? The car is considered totaled once you flip it. Why would you want for the wheels to come off? Again that is considered totaled. There is no point of tire usage, it would just make the game too complicated, you can't have one aspect of the game very realistic but not the others, be thankful you can warm up the tires in pre-staging. Again, why would you need the exhaust to fall off? There are no huge jumps or nothing that would be able to make it fall off.

You are overly critical, if you want something that does that, just leave NFS and go find RFactor.

At a race track at willow springs I raced without a scratch 2 out of 3 laps, but in the final lap on a banked corner I went too fast and my car was totaled. The cost of repairs was 48000, wich is a lot because you only win 10000 after completing an event. So I think the damage is pretty good. If you drive hard you pay hard. I admit that is not perfect, but we never had damage since nfs5.
Not at all true, you get wreckers. I am sitting on 18 of those tickets, to fix my car for free if it is totaled. But seriously, how fast did you take that turn to total your car into a turn? 300 km/h? I hit the wall dead on at 100 km/h and I was halfway into medium damage. How can the damage cost you 48000 when the car isn't even worth that much, just sell it and buy a new one.

CLR-AMG
11-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Myojinoir: go to the text files of a car and look up for BounceHood or something and increase the value. I know I changed stuff that made it fly open.

RedTwentyFour
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
i recently damaged my lovely chevelle, and err - it looks major beat down, really realistic and damaged :/

here, proof on my acc: http://needforspeed.share.ea.com/profiles/2214/posts/781.aspx

- Rick.

alex13
11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
So , EA wanted to keep Damage simple ???

Sinister
11-16-2007, 07:48 PM
the original damage was a bit over the top, but im sure EA will extend what they had from the trailer to NEXT year, but no, the damage this year was toned down because too many kids who cant drive and wreck all the time would whine and complain that NFS is too hard, and wouldnt want it, Expensive Fixes..

it costs over 40k to repair a high end exotic from HEAVY Damage, imagine including loss of wheels etc into that as well

Ridge_Runner_5
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
GASP, so you're saying EA made an awesome vid showing all this cool stuff you can do in their next game, and then failed to deliver?!

Good thing a business like this cant go on for very long...
________
Lincoln (Automobile) (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_(automobile))

Sinister
11-16-2007, 10:30 PM
RR.. they have been around for over 20 years, what makes you think that EA will die anytime soon?

Ridge_Runner_5
11-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I was being sarcastic..
________
Skyliner (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Skyliner)

Sinister
11-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I wasn't..

alex13
11-18-2007, 06:13 AM
why dont they put the REAL damage and let the n00b drivers that cant even drive manual transition turn the damage OFF... or have a Light , Medium , Realistic option for the damage....

Myojinoir
11-18-2007, 07:55 AM
alex13 has a point there :P

RedTwentyFour
11-18-2007, 08:18 AM
it does, there are 3 or 4 settings for damage - capped into detail level and on and off.

- Rick.

hymera003
11-20-2007, 03:29 AM
At the time I wrecked my car(240 SX) on the Willow Springs track I`ve invested in it about 150k and it landed on its roof, that`s why I got totaled.
And about the damage, this game has also mechanical damage, because after I`ve had even light damage the top speed of the car was not so good, and in other NFS the damage was just visual(nfs 6,7,8,9,10).