View Full Version : i got a problem..

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 11:33 AM
i just brought the NFS PRO STREET and when i install it and everything, then when i click on the NFS application to play it, it loads up then stop and give me an error saying NFS.exe has stopped working, this is my cpu stuff, Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
Memory(RAM) : 1917 MB
System Type: 32-bit Operation System and i have 293 GB, 175 GB have been used.

Myojinoir
11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
maybe its the 32-bit OS?
drivers?

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 12:42 PM
maybe its the 32-bit OS?
drivers?

ummm? what does that suppose to mean? do i have to have upgrade or do anything with that? or the game is not compatitable with my operational system?

thanks for replying:)

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/duythachink2/HELP.jpg

to make it more simple to help me out =)

Myojinoir
11-17-2007, 01:43 PM
uhh yeah, the operating system version isn`t quite supported by the game, most likely, because it says that: you need the newest Service Pack for Vista and probably you should get the W. Vista 64 bit version..
And the stats of your PC seem to be optimal, so that should be the only problem thats causing the game to crash - the Vista version

Diablo
11-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Vista sucks. Period. How the hell does a game not work in 32-bit, but in 64-bit? Myojinoir, what you're saying makes no sense.

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM
dam ****kkkkked, should i upgrade my system to a better x64 bit vista? or return this game?

Myojinoir
11-17-2007, 03:43 PM
upgrade, many games require the 64 bit version, but wait till someone confirms this, otherwise i could be mistaking
@ Diablo, it does make sense

FreelancerMar
11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
your cpu is too slow. Read the games system requirements before anything else.

momaka
11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
@ Diablo, it does make sense
No, it does not!!! That means the game won't work on XP, is that what you're saying??... because most XP OSs are 32-bit unless you got the special 64-bit version which only a few poeple have anyways (and which doesn't do shit for you).
It has nothing to do with wheather the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit. It's just that Vista sucks, and probably that's why Pro Street isn't runing, although it could also be the video card.
By the way, c1uy.., what video card do you have? This might be your problem as well if you're trying to play the game on an unsupported video card. All of your other system specs seem good enough.

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 05:41 PM
nvidia 6100

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
your cpu is too slow. Read the games system requirements before anything else.

only thing i lack is that the requirement is "2.8GHz or faster (Windows Vista requires 3.0 GHz) processor " but i have 2.2GHz

the need for speed
11-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I see 2 reasons why it's not playing:
1.Your CPU is not powerful enough(minimum for vista is 3.0GHz and xp is 2.8-main reason).
2.You don't have a supported GPU(Graphics Processing Unit).

Okay i know why it is not playing.It's not playing because your GPU is unsupported.You need to buy a new GPU.

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 05:47 PM
plus a new graphic card cuz it require Nvidia GeForce 6200 series

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I see 2 reasons why it's not playing:
1.Your CPU is not powerful enough(minimum for vista is 3.0GHz and xp is 2.8-main reason).
2.You don't have a supported GPU(Graphics Processing Unit).

how can i check my GPU?

c1uy..
11-17-2007, 05:48 PM
dam it **** vista, i shoulda never upgrade but then xp was slow for me so i had too =(........

the need for speed
11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
1.Next time use the edit button.
2.To play Pro Street,you will need to upgrade your graphics card to one the supports pixel shading 2.0 and some other stuff(can't remember:D).I think Pro Street will need a directx9.0 compatible graphics card.
3.To check you Graphics card i guess u can check the internet:D

EDIT: GPU means graphics card.

momaka
11-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure how you check your graphics card in Vista. I know a really easy way for XP. Ok for vista, maybe try this... Open Device Manager and check what you have under the Dispay Adapter. I'm not sure how you get to Device Manager in Vista, though. In XP, I just right click the My Computer icon, then I click on Properties, then I go under the Hardware tab, and Device Manager is there. You might also find something similar in the Control Panel I guess.
And yeah, you need at least a Radeon 9500 or GeForce FX 5950 as your video card. As far as I know, GeForce 6100 is onboard video card, which is no good. And about your processor, that will probably be your second problem, though I think the 3.0 GHz requirement is only for single core processors that run Vista. Not sure about that, though.

the need for speed
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I think the 3.0 GHz requirement is the recommended system requirement.And if the 6100 is an onboard card,it's no good.

c1uy..
11-18-2007, 01:03 AM
thanks for the help guys, i will head off to the store on black friday to see if i can get some graphic card for cheap!!! i appreciate the time and effort ya put into this thread =).......... cries of joy!

c1uy..
11-18-2007, 01:06 AM
and o yea, if i do get a new graphic card, wont i still have problem with the 32-bit os system?, dont i need to buy 64 bit vista tooo????

edlemur
11-18-2007, 01:23 AM
myojinoir is full of fail with his vista x64 compatability> xp x86 compatability. fvcking retard. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

anyways, i was one of the stupidly brave ones that went for vista 64. the only compatability problem i ever had was COD2 MP. but switching the application to XP sp2 compatability mode fixed everything. you should not judge vista from the 2 minutes you used it at Best Buy. Vista is not a bad OS, just not much of a worthy upgrade from XP. My bottom line is that upgrading from XP to vista is not really a step forward. But if you're choosing an OS for a new build or a computer, it is justifiable.

Myojinoir
11-18-2007, 01:33 AM
edlemur, screw you

as for the processor, he said he has a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
so hello? its not the proc!

edlemur
11-18-2007, 01:38 AM
screw me and my truth

Myojinoir
11-18-2007, 04:23 AM
wait till someone confirms this, otherwise i could be mistaking

fvcking retard
Thats why i said that!
Plus, there have been issues with the Vista versions.
wait till someone confirms this
NOT CALLS ME A RETARD AND SAYS IT DOSENT MAKE SENSE.

edlemur
11-18-2007, 07:51 AM
NOT CALLS ME A RETARD AND SAYS IT DOSENT MAKE SENSE.
and that does?

i would love if you went to anandtech.com and created a new topic on x64 compatability>x86 compatability.

Myojinoir
11-18-2007, 12:31 PM
he said its x32 -__-

momaka
11-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't think there's x32. I know x86, 386, 486, etc.. just not x32 :D .

edlemur
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
he said its x32 -__-
you like the pwning yourself, yes?

FP
11-18-2007, 07:46 PM
x32 doesn't exist. Its x86... keep trying though.

Kaerar
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Heres a quick lowdown.

GPU/Graphics Card
You need at least a Nvidia Geforce 6200/ATi 9500 to run the game.
Anything less that Nvidia Geforce 76xx/ATi X16xx and you'll have to use low settings.

CPU/Processor
Minimum Intel 2.8Ghz (Win XP) or 3.0Ghz (Vista). Thats for single core. Dual cores are all supported.
AMD XP 3200+ (Win XP) or 3800+ (Vista). Again for single cores. Dual cores are all supported.

RAM/Memory
512MB Minimum (XP)
1.0GB Minimum (Vista)
My advice is to get at least 2GB to run smoothly (even if I only have 1GB but then its not smooth!)

Hard Disk space
Keep at least 15% or 5GB of empty space on the Hard Disk for best performance. It obviously installs to 7.43GB (that means a total of 12.43 is needed for the game to run at best performance. 7.43GB install space and 5GB free space)

A 64-bit OS is NOT needed but if you have one it should work fine as long as your drivers and hardware are up to date and conform to the above stated guides.

Some people may get it working on lesser systems than min requirements but it will more than likely be unplayable.

Also note that if you haven't got an Audigy 2ZS or higher don't enable high sounds. It kills the pagefile!!! I was getting 6 FPS when I turned it on.

LamboLuver
11-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Still try to tell us what your video card is. I have Vista so I know this works!!

Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. Click on properties. On the left side of the opened window, there should be a big colorful bar. At the top of the list under "Tasks" there should be "Device Manager" click on this. Third option on the list in the new window should be "Display Adapters". Double click on this. Now, after the list was expanded, what does it say under "Display Adapters"??

If you can tell us this, we will have a better idea on what your problem is.

And by the way, this is basically what momaka said, just in a little more detail. I have to give him credit. ;)

c1uy..
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
i have NVIDIA GeForce 6100

Porsche_fanatic
11-19-2007, 12:40 AM
OK, i think here is a place where my problem might just get solved....
i am running a pentium D 2.8GHz (shows up to be rated at 5.08 GHz on system requirements lab), 1.5 gigs of DDR2 ram and an eVGA 7600GT (non-OC), then i ran NFS PS demo, n am getting horrible framerates at even 640x480 resonlutio9n with everything at bare MINIMUM, currently updating my drivers to forceware 163.75, lets see if this improves things....

i fully understand that about 2GB ram is required to play this game comfortably, but still shouldn't i be getting something better than what i am currently getting ?????

and how many of you support me when i hope that things will get better once i get a full version of this game ...
BTW i did hope that i can run this at at least medium setting while getting about 20 fps....

Kaerar
11-19-2007, 04:30 AM
You aren't gonna get much better than 20 FPS on that Gfx card. I have 7600 GS non-oc and it sucks balls trying to run PS. I get about 20 FPS with nearly everything off and 1024x768 :(

The proc and RAM are good but the Demo was quicker than the full game so don't expect an improvement in speed.

Make sure you have up to date decent drivers (maybe some of the unofficial drivers will support your cause at www.guru3d.com)

Kaerar
11-19-2007, 04:33 AM
c1uy go get a decent graphics card (6800GT or better. Preferably a 7900GT or higher if you can)

Everything else you have is fine. The 6100 is a piece of c**p. You don't need a new copy of windows or anything else. Just a new graphics card.

Porsche_fanatic
11-19-2007, 08:27 AM
i just learned an important lesson today, it's not ALWAYS best to have the latest drivers for your graphic card, for instance : i downloaded forceware 163.75.... and as usual went to NFS MW, the game which i play at max settings AA 2x and get(GOT) great framerates too, now i am getting random blank screens.........so i uninstalled the LATEST drivers and got myself Xtreme-G 162.50 drivers, had heard a lot about them, will report their performance as soon as i get a hang of them

BTW the freaking black screens are now a thing of past... will also try NFS PS on these, i just hope things improve, cuz believe it or not i was running forceware 91.xx before this (never felt the need to upgrade !!!!)
EDIT :
You aren't gonna get much better than 20 FPS on that Gfx card. I have 7600 GS non-oc and it sucks balls trying to run PS. I get about 20 FPS with nearly everything off and 1024x768 :(

i just measured with fraps, I AM GETTING 6 - 7 FPS !!!!!, i dont understand if i laugh my balls out, or cry my balls out after this..... i am getting more desperate by every second, i need all the suggestions you people can give...
BTW how much RAM are you running on ??

momaka
11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I can't remember who suggested this, but someone on the forum here said that if you don't have a Sound Blaster audio and you get horrible FPS, you should turn down the Sound Quality to Medium or Low. Not sure if that will work, but see if it does anything and let me know.
And if that doesn't help, I say f**k Pro Street and its requirements :| . Seriously, I'm amazed at how many people now are actually having problems running this game, even on supposedly supported systems.

Myojinoir
11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
you like the pwning yourself, yes?

yes i love it very much adn enjoy it every day by pwning myself

k, lets both stfu about this
and forget this convo

and he said he has a GF 6100, that card`s not supported by the game, so thats the cause

FP
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Look if you want to know if your computer will work with NFS use this site: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

Myojinoir
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
ha ha, yeah, that site rocks
i got failed on minimum becasue i had only 4 GB free disk space instead of 7.8, lmao

Kaerar
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
i just learned an important lesson today, it's not ALWAYS best to have the latest drivers for your graphic card, for instance : i downloaded forceware 163.75.... and as usual went to NFS MW, the game which i play at max settings AA 2x and get(GOT) great framerates too, now i am getting random blank screens.........so i uninstalled the LATEST drivers and got myself Xtreme-G 162.50 drivers, had heard a lot about them, will report their performance as soon as i get a hang of them

BTW the freaking black screens are now a thing of past... will also try NFS PS on these, i just hope things improve, cuz believe it or not i was running forceware 91.xx before this (never felt the need to upgrade !!!!)
EDIT :

i just measured with fraps, I AM GETTING 6 - 7 FPS !!!!!, i dont understand if i laugh my balls out, or cry my balls out after this..... i am getting more desperate by every second, i need all the suggestions you people can give...
BTW how much RAM are you running on ??

I'm running the 94.24 drivers so I guess latest isn't best for a 7600 ;)
I have 1GB of Corsair RAM OC'd to 2-2-2-4 timings.

Its a bit like back with the GF4 to GF5xxx cards. You run the GF4 on the drivers that were the best when it was prime not the newer ones for the GF5xxx. Seems like Nvidia are still up to their old tricks.

Porsche_fanatic
11-20-2007, 09:22 PM
finally i downgraded to 84.xx ..... thats whats been reported as the best over majority of the forums..getting great performance in MW as usual.....now ill see if i need to keep that dreaded PS demo on my machine, and even more important, do i spend my precious bucks on buying the full game i am likely to buy it if an HDR patch comes up(just like CMR Dirt) so that i can turn HDR off n get playable framerates...

c1uy..
11-22-2007, 02:29 AM
thanks a lot on the website, i found this out

Video Card
Recommended: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c video card (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeo X800+)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ()

problem solved, thanks for the help peoples!!!!

Daniel637
11-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Uh.. guys.. a lil help please. The cars in NFS ProStreet seem to jerk a lil when they show the video during the start of the race.. My current resolution in the game is 1024x768 @ 75Hz.. Everything else is maximum.. Has it got something to do with the refresh rate? Oh yea.. My graphics card is a NVIDIA 8800GT 512mb.. Thanks guys..
Cheers :)

Myojinoir
11-22-2007, 04:45 AM
probably it is the refresh rate, try to lower it to 70, 60.. O.o
if that dosent help, well, just live with it, its just a cinematic
bah, edit,
Or maybe you card has a glich (hope and pray that its not true)
And, maybe try a lower resolution, 800x600 is pretty decent at 16x AA
And, i envy you, because you have a 8800 GT, and i cant find it anywhere in the shops ;( lolz

NFSRacingExpert
11-22-2007, 05:15 AM
c1uy: it may not be your graphics card...
i have an onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 and the DEMO worked just fine on my pc... True I have XP SP2 and it was a bit slow cuz my pc isnīt fast enough, but i just turned all the details down, and it runned quite nicely... so here a question... is it your graphics card really?

Kaerar
11-22-2007, 05:21 AM
There is no guarantee it is but from the available information posted by c1uy it points to graphics card unable to parse the data.

edlemur
11-22-2007, 07:16 AM
probably it is the refresh rate, try to lower it to 70, 60.. O.o

wtf?!?!? you dont even know what you are saying, do you? just stop giving advice.

Daniel637
11-22-2007, 07:37 AM
edlemur..... chill..... myojinoir was right... I set the refresh rate to 60Hz while keepin the resolution at 1024x768... And it worked great...

Thanks for the tip.. Really helped ;)

edlemur
11-22-2007, 07:54 AM
that makes no sense

Daniel637
11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
oh it does.. 60 Hz.. it means lower refresh rate.. setting it at such a high resolution, and the refresh rate so high, it's just too much.. it also depends on your monitor.. I don't think my monitor could support such a high refresh rate..

edlemur
11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
the refresh rate you have your monitor at caps refresh rate, not forces it. it does not put any strain on your hardware. and it does not depend on your monitor (considering they're at the same resolution)

momaka
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Daniel, check if you have vertical syncronization (v-sync) turned on. If it's on, turn it off, then try the old refresh rate you had. While v-sync can impact the performance of the game, bumping up or down refresh rates should have nothing to do with performace.

Or maybe you card has a glich (hope and pray that its not true)
Yeah right... Do you even know what you're saying? A glitch can mean a lot of things including physical damage.
It doesn't seem like any of that stuff though.
It's either: V-sync is on... or he's using a crappy version of drivers.

Myojinoir
11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
edlemur, will you give me some space?
you are getting really annoying with your comments towards me

edlemur
11-22-2007, 01:34 PM
because you are persistant on your ignorant advice.

NFSRacingExpert
11-22-2007, 01:40 PM
please donīt flame this thread guys...
Myojinoir: if youīre gonna say something that makes no sense, just shut up
edlemur: be more patient dude... no need to get angry here..

edlemur
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
angry? you mean my last post or my posts from the previous page?

i dont get angry, its just that i fail to deliver tone through the internet so when you read it, it seems angry. think about me saying it in a not-angry tone. thats probably how i mean to say it.

Vanexroxics
11-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Ok, chill out guys, CHILL.

edlemur, did you have to yell at him just because he said something wrong?

edlemur
11-22-2007, 11:57 PM
how about you read what i posted 2 posts ago instead of posting unimformedly?

tell me where it was that i got "angry".this is the internet, its impossible to yell here. had i typed in all caps, i'd see where you were going with this. the reason you think i got "angry" at "myowhatever" is basically through the same reasoning that im replying to you with; "both of your posts are unimormed".

go drink that "white whiskey" in your room, alone.

Myojinoir
11-23-2007, 07:52 AM
He`s not angry, he`s just obsessed with somesort of flame devil.
Even here you flamed me.
Myowhatever? If you`re too lazy to type my nick name then stfu.
And it did help that guy over there, didn`t i, Yes, i did, so please, go to a therapist if you dont like something about me and tell him everything?
Oh wait.. *snap, just like a Zip bulb*.. you`re insulting me because i said something you didnt like about Crysis, are you?
if yes - get a life
go on edwhatever, there`s a topic waiting for your proness help

edlemur
11-23-2007, 09:13 AM
its possessed, not obsessed

i dont remember you saying anything about crysis, or probably i really dont care much on what people think about crysis. i said myojowhatever because your name is hard to remember and i wasnt about to go back and check how you spell it. on the other hand, if you don't know what a lemur is then...

and that guys problem more than likely had to do with vsync than lowering the refresh rate. look it up.

i denied what all the member said about me bieng "angry" and yet, you just HAD to make an arse of youself by flaming me. or at least trying.

Daniel637
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Uh oh... Did I.... Cause this fight over here? Guys I'm sorry.. You don't have to argue just because you guys have different opinions.. Both of you are correct.. V sync can slow your game down.. It prevents "tearing" of graphics.. But so does the refresh rate.. And it does depend on your monitor.. whether or not your monitor can handle such a high refresh rate.. So I can lower either one.. It still speeds the game up.. Guys.. both your statements are right.. Thanks, to both of you. :) Just make friends and be haappyyy.. ;)

Myojinoir
11-26-2007, 03:51 AM
naw man, it`s not your fault
it started long way back, but anyways what was - was, and dosent count anymore

Daniel637
11-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Haha. Hope you guys turn out alright. ;)