View Full Version : Need For Speed ProStreet Bad!!!

Thiagodebs
11-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Need For Speed ProStreet Bad:furious3::baby:

Drift King of Tokyo
11-23-2007, 08:10 AM
this was very very pointless..............

PS: pro street is a very good nfs game, prolly one of my top 3

NFSRacingExpert
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
It is a good game, but it seems to me that is it a bit boring... thats why i wont buy it...

Yogurt
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
it has lost that "look@me, Im so kewl in my neoned civic, im a streetracer" feeling thus improved gradualy... I have no idea what kind of pills you are on...

since NFS6 the NFS lost the original feeling (which now can be found in Mercedes Benz World Racing and more recent Test Drive Unlimited, quite good arcade games, I should recommend them)

so the way I see it, since EA decided to go all "Need For Speed : udder crowd and udder crowd 2" style, little kiddies thought that those were in fact NFS 1 and 2...and ofcourse, comparing to those "pioneers" the Pro Street looks bad, since
1) almost no bumper mods
2) no neons
3) no streetracing
4) too hard to drive since you have to break regulary

Kaerar
11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
I only agree with 2 and 4. There needs to be better modification ingame for the cars and I can't see any problem with streetracing whatsoever :D

Its the only real racing left instead of the sterile race series you see on TV

Never liked the Halo 2 attitude of the players of U1 and U2. I still think U1 was one of the best NFS games about. All the cars felt different. They for the most part could be modified to look great (terrible too if those H2 players got hold of them) and it was really enjoyable to race. It was a departure from the previous games yes, but sometimes you need to do that to be able to go back to the original formula without making it feel mundane.

Drift King of Tokyo
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
i dont like the neon fnf anymore(dont even say anything about my name!!) i like this professional racing now, it seems more.... right..

anyway this thread is really pointless, we've had hundreds of threads like this...

Yogurt
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
@Drift King - you really should visit a track day, feels really close to what they show in the game...exept if you crash - you walk home if youre lucky enough to walk =) ... aaaand there are no lame anouncers pointing fingers at you...

@Kaerar - I bet you weren't there to play the first ever release of The Need For Speed in 1995 for Panasonic 3DO... that was the pinnacle of Need For Speed spirit which lived on in all the series up until U1...the spirit that is so dearly treasured by the people who still remember how they took a Lambo Diablo for a drive in the mountains for the first time, what shock it was, and those people knew from start that THIS is was the feeling that defined The Need For Speed spirit for them

the physics were realistic by '95 standarts, every car had a character, graphics were top notch...
but what happened over the years is - NFS started losing that spirit...slowly, painfully (for the players)...

now the Irony is - all that time Test Drive series tried to reach NFS popularity but failed massively every time, since they were in the NFS shadow...
and then...EA lost it, they took the brand and just threw everything away, producing Need For Speed : uddercrowd... it's like taking your favourite Irish whiskey and giving you a vodka/redbull ****tail

all I know is, EA is not getting my money untill they come up with something brilliant, enough is enough...
but what really interesting is, ATARI, who made a glitchy, buggy, high spec PC demanding game with lots of design flaws ARE getting their 50 bucks for their game...and not only from me...TDU already was a top selling race game of the month here for 4 month straight...
simply because the upside of that game is the real NFS spirit in it...in a Test Drive series...

I bet it would be REALLY hard for EA to get the racing back in the country roads, with supercars, no japanese cars whatsoever, no tuning...simply because they would lose a big share of streetrace games market...

anuthemosthigh
11-23-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm the biggest need for speed freak, and i have played them all but pro street and why is because it's not catching my eyes i mean they took away the cops there goes the fun right there and also stop the cops from dropping bombs on you like they used to do.....now where is the fun if you and your buddys wanted to have some real fun i mean hey it's o' k to race your heart out but let a cop be on that back bumper is where the real fun is i don't know about known of you guys but i grow up watching racing like cannonball run and the bandit also let's not forget the dukes of hazard now that's what i feel when i play need for speed it takes me back to the good days of racing a car that has lots of horsepower.

PS if i have to race and theres rules then that means its really not a race at all, that just tells me you to scared to push your car to the limit and feel the speed.

Kaerar
11-23-2007, 08:35 PM
@Yogurt - How wrong you are my friend :D I have played the NFS series since NFS SE came out back in 95 myself. Actually didn't like the first one very much as it handled weirdly, but when NFS2 SE appeared with that mental Lotus Elise GT1 in it I was sold. There was only one circuit in the game where I would lose in that car and then it was to the McLaren F1. Good times. The pinnacle for me was NFS3 HP where the handling was fantastic (for its time) and when the Ferrari Bolide was made (here at NFS Cars) I never looked back. That was my favourite car to drive. Not the fastest but by far the most enjoyable.

As the series progressed NFS4 was just 3 with damage. NFS5 was German and NFS6 decided that handling like a Bus was all the rage. So I stuck with 3 until NFS7 Underground arrived. By this time I had already started modding cars IRL so when this came out I was amazed at the modding options. As with everything the first mods I did looked awful but after a month or 2 I started to get the hang of simplicity and coherance of vision.

Underground 2 was tbh crap. The modding was slightly expanded but included stupicd stuff like sounds systems and ghetto suspension. Most Wanted corrected those flaws but in the process lost most of the modding abilities. That was heart breaking to someone who spends as much time modding the car to look right as they do racing. Carbon made a little return to modding at the expense of the rest of the enitre game it seems. The 2 good things with Carbon were the modding and the carlist. The actual game was shit.

Now we have PS. Again another compromise and only the worst bodyparts were kept. Pity as it would have been cool to be able to seriously mod the cars again.

If you don't want to mod them you don't have to. Which I like and respect. The problem comes when you get 5 yr olds decking out Pagani Zonda's in Primary colours but lots of different ones. It just makes you wonder what on earth goes on in their heads.

I don't think that there will be a place for the NFS3/6 style any more. If it does go to that area again the Tuners and the Muscle are gonna join in. There are more people out there who like those cars than just the Exotics.

PS TDUnlimited is the worst PoS racing game I have ever had the displeasure of trying. I can't stand the dodgy handling and the blocky rendering of the world. Even with high graphics on it looked terrible and the cars had no sense of speed. If you were doing 180mph it felt more like a gentle drive doing 60mph. Sorry but the only thing it had going for it was the freeform world and the beautiful car models. Which even then don't match up with ProStreets or even Carbons for that matter.

Nikusakken
11-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Need for Speed is a Roller-Coaster: up and down. EA should forget a little the street racing and tunning to do a game like the old NFS or TD Series or maybe TrackMania.

Kaerar
11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Trackmania? Are you out of your mind? That game was just stupid pure and simple. Ridiculous cars, no attempt at physics and total arcade style. Nothing even resembling the older NFS games. TD 5 was fun but nowhere near the physics level of NFS at the time.

Nikusakken
11-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey, wait, about TrackMania I said it just for fun. I think that EA sould create something new to the NFS series, something so good that this NFS win his first 9 (or better) from Gamespot.

Sage
11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Just get Forza Motorsport 2 and your problems will be solved.

ProStreet wasn't that bad. It wasn't the best, but I didn't think it was that bad.

t3ku
11-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Prostreet was better than carbon, and most wanted.
UG1 was stupid after 111 because the catch up became impossible to beat.
UG2 was the better one, minus the stupid SUVs.
NFS VI back was the best, they should have done a HS2 not a HP2 (HS had all the HP features, plus more):rolleyes:

Prostreet....I see things stolen from games like TD, Forza, PGR, ect...
The racing line, ALL forza, body upgrades having effect on the car's handling, Forza, game's physic engine, TD, Damage PGR/Forza.
Feeeeh, the gameplay/plot is all NFS UG1 up, but this game was rushed, nough said...

Edit, did I mention the soundtrack effin blows all? They tried to do techno/dance and failed utterly, its not even GOOD dance music. There is like 3 remixes of the same song by Junkie XL(we know him as the maker of the NFS 3-4-5 music) Plus his music owns outside of video games, but 3 remixes of his song? ugh...
The other artists are nobodys, at least UG2 had artists like Christopher Lawrence and Paul Van Dyk, this one? ugh.......................

Yogurt
11-24-2007, 04:36 AM
@Yogurt - How wrong you are my friend :D I have played the NFS series since NFS SE came out back in 95 myself.
Pity, the SE cam on PC and Sony Playstation, the original was on 3DO, and was somewhat simpler...I liked it more

but still, I am impressed, I thought I was "the only man alive to witness the birth of NFS series"

NFS5 was German and NFS6 decided that handling like a Bus was all the rage. So I stuck with 3 until NFS7 Underground arrived.

I must say, What I believe can save the series now is...well...a major shock, like NFS : Ferrari Unleashed...
everything like in NFS5, but better, and with Ferraris...it still is a pity NFS5 was so unsuccessful

PS TDUnlimited is the worst PoS racing game I have ever had the displeasure of trying. I can't stand the dodgy handling and the blocky rendering of the world.
Exactly what I was trying to say... that behind all that, lies the idea that brought the NFS to a perfect motor freaks car game....

I kinda can see what you say, the "tuning" was a good idea for the game...I just think that not for a Need For Speed game...

Kaerar
11-24-2007, 11:08 AM
@JaxInc - UG1 was very easy. The catch up was not that effective if you are any good at taking corners. For me the hardest event was the 7 lapper with the RX-7, 350Z and S2000. Unless you took the lead at the beginning and held them off for seven laps you would never catch the leaders.

@Yogurt - I understand where you are coming from with the tuning for a different game not a NFS game. But I disagree. If the game was to progress then it needed to have tuning added in. If it didn't it would stagnate and end up like NFS 6, languishing as a hasbeen in somebody's cupboard. Whereas UG1 is still played online (even if it is rare now). It is a logical progression but one that should probably have been related to Supercar GT racing rather than Tuner culture. Now it has taken its current route it has a lot of avenues open for it. Problem is are the corporate prats gonna allow it to blossom or wilt and die.

Sinister
11-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I must say, What I believe can save the series now is...well...a major shock, like NFS : Ferrari Unleashed...
everything like in NFS5, but better, and with Ferraris...it still is a pity NFS5 was so unsuccessful

This will never happen, ferrari is too anal about their licensing.

Yogurt
11-25-2007, 02:54 AM
This will never happen, ferrari is too anal about their licensing.
Yah Yah, "we don't give our cars for people to streetrace with..." and stuff.... (http://www.autowallpaper.de/Spiele/TDU/images/44fc149923b4a_Test_Drive_Unlimited-Xbox_13437TDU_Ferrari_50.jpg) Right

the problem is Ferrari License is very expensive...and EA is very greedy...

Sinister
11-25-2007, 03:10 AM
no, EA just doesnt justify paying the amount for 1 single car per license ferrari is asking for when the money can be used a little more wisely.

1 car or several cars and features?.. hmm.. touch choice?

which is more fun?

t3ku
11-25-2007, 09:32 AM
This is why HP2 was the last game to have a Ferrari, and the last game to be "non" street racer....LETS BLAME FERRARI....wait....EA LOL!

Kaerar
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I dunno, why not speak to companies like Novitec Rosso and other Ferrari Tuning companies and get their modified Ferrari's into the game. Ferrari themselves would have a fit but because they change more than 10% of the car they have no right to the IP anymore. This would allow Ferrari's back in via the back door (think RUF in Gran Turismo) and not step on too many toes either :D

Novitec Rosso (http://www.novitecrosso.com/sites/main.htm)

FreelancerMar
11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Ferrari's Lawyers would have a Field day with that and EA wouldnt have a legal leg to stand on.

ricersHA
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
bad you know what is bad was UG1 to carbon street racing crap.Ea has listen to us and now they got a real nfs game it should had been this way after HP2 instead of the pointless FnF sold games.

Thiagodebs
11-26-2007, 04:49 AM
Need For Speed Underground 3 : Created or No? I Yes!!

Kaerar
11-26-2007, 05:09 AM
I think Underground has its place ricersHA. There is a thrill to the illegal street racing that you don't get from more docile track racing. But hey each to their own. I don't think its our place to force our views down others throats.

If UG3 was made I would probably buy it. But I long for a game with more depth to it.

Yogurt
11-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I think Underground has its place ricersHA. There is a thrill to the illegal street racing that you don't get from more docile track racing
oh yeah...real streetrace sensation...
Streetracing is
1) Adrenaline since there's traffic
2) Adrenaline since it's dark and you pretty much visually challenged
3) Neons ,stupid music, ugly bodykits and pretty girls

Underground 2

1) Empty streets...
well maybe it's a poor third world metropolis, that has only 100 cars for a couple of million people...

2) Night time racing
whoopie, what fun is that if you can drive with the headlights off anyway? It's too bright to be night...

3) what else? Girls and stuff?
Remember those "beautiful chicks" from Carbon who looked like fat Elvis zombies after a sex change?
WHOOPIE...what joy...

that brings us to conclusion, what Underground simulates...is...ehm...Ugly bodykited Neon lit up cars driving on a close street circuit in early evening with stupid music with a ugly fat zombie women signaling the start...

illegal streetracing at it's finest...

ricersHA
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
if they made UG3 i would not buy it at all and play NFS 3 to 6 and PS.If you like UG type racing their is game called juiced.It looks like Yogurt got the whole UG racing fade thing down in one post good job.

internet3
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Need for Speed is a Roller-Coaster: up and down. EA should forget a little the street racing and tunning to do a game like the old NFS or TD Series or maybe TrackMania.

Trackmania? Are you out of your mind? That game was just stupid pure and simple. Ridiculous cars, no attempt at physics and total arcade style. Nothing even resembling the older NFS games. TD 5 was fun but nowhere near the physics level of NFS at the time.

trackmania isnt a bad game at all, i play nations and it kicks ***, it's just based at a group of people that race for fun and insanity (me included, and i asume nick too:)) also this game is not "STUPID" it's simply not your type Kaerar, i wont let you flame that game, it is not based for sim racers at all. i bought united tru mail but i dont even know where it is as of yet... keep it up nick.

as for NFS go, ive been racing on since nfs3 they all have something special...

3: quite a good car list, that inclde the italdesigh shiguera, kinda an odd car but fun to drive

4: imo the best NFS game, good car list and extremeley good landscape

5: i like it, possibly the best physics tho it graphics well....

6: very good grafics but as stated above it's soap box derby handling

7: 1st game wich let you heavily modify your car to your liking, even if it was a rick rocket... (yuck) also it had the all important drag mode, not to forget the 1st game to have a drift mode

8: 1st dyno in any of the NFS series, and a very respectable (IMO) phisiscs system. also the 1st game to feature an free roam mode (i think) so if you see it, this game was a milestone for MW and PS, and a very importan one. think twice before you speak yogurt.

9: 1st nfs game to feature cops in a free raom mode and the 1st in wich you got to heavily performance tune an exotic. and reack havock on the cops.

10: the autosculpt mode was introduced, again it did not suck at all, it simply was not up to expectations, good car list but a wayyyyyy bad physics engine

11: yet to play it........ but you know allready.......

all in all, all the NFS games are fun and important, they all have there unique high point that you cant deny. and terrifyingly bad lows

as of an UG3, mix HS + PU + PS + MW= one bad *** game

ilegal street racing is fun i wont deny it, hell ive done it in real life, just that most dumb asses dont know hot to drive and mess up bad, killing people and stuff, real street racers dont put worthless crap on there rides, hell there almost bone stock outsides....

Kaerar
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
@Yogurt - you managed to point out the FnF view of illegal street racing. How about the real life bit. There are very few hot chicks. Mainly hairy blokes with modified cars. The cars don't have neons and shit, but look close to stock with most work done to engine and suspension. The Neon Ricers are just fairies who have no idea how to drive and to them looks and sound are more important than a set of balls.

Think Initial D touge racing more than the American Tuner Craze.

@internet3 - I apologise for flaming Trackmania. I didn't like the game mainly due to its pure arcade feel. I found it rather boring as it had no bearing on reality at all. So I prefer some reality for the feel of the cars and loop the loops and cars don't happen (unless its a Caparo T1 which is about the only car with the downforce capable to do that!).

As for your rundown on the different games yes they all have their good points but some are outweighed by their bad points.

I agree up to NFS 7. From there I have a slightly different view:

NFS 7 Underground - First game to allow bodykit modifications. The second best freedom in the NFS series in doing this too. It allowed you to create some great cars but it also allowed idiots to create monstrosities but that is what freedom is for. The drag mode wasn't great as you were on rails and had a choice of 4 lanes. The Drift mode was the best in any NFS until ProStreet. Also the individuality of the cars was very good especially in regards to handling. Still the best grip handling to date in an NFS game.

NFS 8 Underground 2 - Hmm not so great as the original. The drifting is worse due to inexplicable slowdown on corners (not true to life or arcade :S). The whole free roam thing was novel until you had to go to the top of the mountain for 1 race then back to the airport, not for the impatient. If you like cruising around in your car it was great though. The Dyno tuning was good if not very useful. Unfortunately the first game to start with the inertia twitch when turning a corner. It looks stupid as if a race car did that it would have way too soft springs on it!!! It also impacted negatively on the handling in grip racing. The best car modifications in an NFS yet (just ignore the crap you don't like. EG the stupid stereo, neon and ridiculous hydraulics).

NFS 9 Most Wanted - Fantastic free roam city with everything having the right ambience to it. It never felt a chore to drive to an event. The combination of cops and free roam was a good one. The modifications were simplified too much and the majority of the kits were average. Not many stood out as great. The car handling was better than UG2 but had a weird feel to the cars. Still had stupid inertia twitch.

NFS 10 Carbon - Autosculpt introduced. Good idea not too bad implementation, unfortunately all the parts with autosculpt looked crap. More involved modifications again was a welcome return. Odd camera angles from MW resolved somewhat and generally a good feel to the garage section. The city was lifeless and dull. All areas looked the same with far too many neon signs dominating the view. Free Roam far worse than UG2. Car handling reaches an all time low. Drifting returns with a fan and a lump of dog poop. More negatives than positives to this one unfortunately and all pertain to the actual racing rather than being cosmetic.

NFS 11 ProStreet - Well the car handling is somewhere between Most Wanted and UG1 which is a good thing. The infuriating inertia twitch has got worse though. Drag racing is back and its great. Just a pity the power figures are not related to the competing cars in any way. Grip racing is great though Willow Springs needs a Nuke dropped on it. Speed racing is pointless and not much fun unless you have a Logitech G25. Then you don't get the digital turning problems. Drift is not bad. Its closer to real life in some ways but weird in how it feels like all the wheels are covered in grease. If it kept the grip physics for drifting then that wouldn't have been a problem. The lack of a Free Roam means the game is more focused on its objective. Unfortunately the niggles are there too. The models and textures of the cars are not finished (hell there are about 11 cars that aren't in-game which could be). For instance the Chevelle has a misplaced rear wing. Nearly all bodykits have poor mesh texture placing (Mustang GT suffers the most with the WBK). The AI cheats in Drag to be close to your times with obviously impossible stats (8.04s Wade Jackson in a GT500 @104mph...). The AI cheats in eveything until you cause it to hit a limit then it turns stupid and ends up almost a lap behind. Thankfully the problems are mainly cosmetic (Just believe that the 240SX had a Skyline engine put in and the Bhp is double!) or AI related rather than game destroying (Carbon's handling). Most of the ProStreet problems could be fixed by the community if EA weren't so anal about not hacking their games.

Sinister
11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
i dont see how the AI is cheating in drags, i've had a low 7 when the AI all had 13-18s+

internet3
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
i totally agreed with what you said about the NFS's kaerar, but maybe your problem on PS is proper tuning? i dont have PS, but im just saying or thinking a thought.

Yogurt
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
@Yogurt - you managed to point out the FnF view of illegal street racing. How about the real life bit. There are very few hot chicks. Mainly hairy blokes with modified cars. The cars don't have neons and shit, but look close to stock with most work done to engine and suspension. The Neon Ricers are just fairies who have no idea how to drive and to them looks and sound are more important than a set of balls.

Yes, of course I did it as the FnF view...
because that's exactly what UG and UG2 were trying to imitate...
real street racing (don't do this anymore, I was almost hit and I saw my best friend killed by and idiot on a superbike all in a split second...)
real street racing = No hot girls, No hot cars (fast enough, but no supercar performance), lots of traffic (here the Illegal Drag Racing has been out for a few years now, it's all in point to point racing, and the streets are pretty busy on weekend nights), No really high stakes (Ok, I saw a 1000 bucks stake once...in my whole lifetime), dark nights (the patrolling is reduced by almost 50% after 2a.m. here, the best time to start racing is 2:30)

lets compare to UG2 again, shall we?

1) Traffic, it's still weak as hell in the game
2) No dark nights
3) I'd prefer NO GIRLS, to those monstrous Rob Zombie Wannabees from UG...they ugly..
4) Cars are supercar performance and fairy neon'd
5) High stakes where you can't even lose (no fun, since no real pressure)
6) and one thing I have forgotten - NO COPS.... cops are something that makes you stay on your toes all the time...

so that sums up, Undergound 2 is not a streetrace simulation (Im not talking physics wise, but the atmosphere wise)
Underground 2 is a Fairies who magically can't lose money because it would break their hearts, in ugly bodykited Neon lit up cars with supercar performance driving on a closed street circuits in early evening with stupid music with a ugly fat zombie women signaling the start, in a city that can't afford it's own police department....

Illegal street racing at it's finest...

Im sorry, but None of the NFS came closer to streetracing then NFS 3 then...

edlemur
11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
3) I'd prefer NO GIRLS, to those monstrous Rob Zombie Wannabees from UG...they ugly..

lol, its a videogame, why does it matter if the girls look like rob zombie wannabees.

RRCOOL
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
i agree with you mate i am not sure whether the game is even worth buying. I played the demo but the worst part of the game is turning the cars. Either you have to stright line break before turning or let go of the accelerator to turn. I like turning corners while breaking

|2eaper
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
man people who think that UG and UG2 are the REAL street racing scene are f#cking ricers... you don't drive around with big *** carbon fiber spoilers and body kits that scrape the ground and don't let you get into driveways... like kaerar said, the cars look stock. any of you live around Washington DC i'll take you to a REAL street racing scene. boring as hell if you don't know what you're looking at.

Kaerar
11-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Either you have to stright line break before turning or let go of the accelerator to turn. I like turning corners while breaking
If you do that in real life you will kill yourself in a serious car. If its got ABS you'll live but still crash. YOU CANNOT BRAKE AND TURN WHEN RACING. You may use the brakes mid corner, but never at turn in as you need all the rubber to turn the damn corner.
This is one of the few things ProStreet did damn perfect!

If you want to do that turn on ABS in options.

Yogurt
11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
If you do that in real life you will kill yourself in a serious car. If its got ABS you'll live but still crash. YOU CANNOT BRAKE AND TURN WHEN RACING. You may use the brakes mid corner, but never at turn in as you need all the rubber to turn the damn corner.

Actually, there is a technique that is called trail-braking...It is mostly used in motorcycle racing, but it works in cars too, most racers in circuit racing are using it... Formula 1 for example...(there are many more)...
It is believed you can win up to 0.25 of a second per turn (maximum, some turns give less win, some more...but not more then 0.25 sec)
it's when you break AND turn (the more you break the less you turn, and vice-versa) untill the apex, after which the breaking is replaced with accelerating, with the same technique - more gas less wheel, and vice-versa)
the idea behind the technique is if the grip of the tire can be measured in 100% then part of it goes into breaking, and part into cornering... but since the car is slowing down, the front wheels are pushed into the road...
it gives quite a bit of oversteer, and if you mess up - you end up with understeer that will most likely crash you...
ofcourse you start breaking BEFORE the entry to the corner, but not as far as if you would do that not applying trail breaking techniques...

basically THAT is where you win all the time, by breaking later, and managing to hold the car on the track

regards

internet3
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, of course I did it as the FnF view...

because that's exactly what UG and UG2 were trying to imitate...
real street racing (don't do this anymore, I was almost hit and I saw my best friend killed by and idiot on a superbike all in a split second...)
real street racing = No hot girls, No hot cars (fast enough, but no supercar performance), lots of traffic (here the Illegal Drag Racing has been out for a few years now, it's all in point to point racing, and the streets are pretty busy on weekend nights), No really high stakes (Ok, I saw a 1000 bucks stake once...in my whole lifetime), dark nights (the patrolling is reduced by almost 50% after 2a.m. here, the best time to start racing is 2:30)

lets compare to UG2 again, shall we?

1) Traffic, it's still weak as hell in the game
2) No dark nights
4) Cars are supercar performance and fairy neon'd
5) High stakes where you can't even lose (no fun, since no real pressure)
6) and one thing I have forgotten - NO COPS.... cops are something that makes you stay on your toes all the time...

so that sums up, Undergound 2 is not a streetrace simulation (Im not talking physics wise, but the atmosphere wise)
Underground 2 is a Fairies who magically can't lose money because it would break their hearts, in ugly bodykited Neon lit up cars with supercar performance driving on a closed street circuits in early evening with stupid music with a ugly fat zombie women signaling the start, in a city that can't afford it's own police department....

Illegal street racing at it's finest...

Im sorry, but None of the NFS came closer to streetracing then NFS 3 then...

first off, street racing is not done with heavy traffic, that's just stupid and asking to die... there are beautiful wonem in street racing, not all fat bastards, there can be lambo's and ferrari's found in street racing

japanese, us domestics, and European cars (VW's) cars can reach or surpass the specs of a supercar if properly tuned, and the visuals can also be effective. if properly used.

Kaerar, you can turn wile braking, you just can't over do it

as for the UG2 night, raise the contrast on your monitor, and you will get the night. also street racing at it's finest is the cannonball run (both in US and Europe) http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/

now the thing that needs to be hated about UG2 is not, and that is the N*gga talk, everyboy hates the cars but no one hates the n*gga talk thats insane there!!!!!!!

also, if your afraid of dying while street racing consider this:

on any given ocasion you can slip and fall on your head, leaving you unconcious, and if lucky dead. you can be walking on the steet on any given time and be killed by a burglar with a gun. you can also get poisoned by eating fod and die as well, you can get accidentally hit on the head and left on a vegetable state, can be crashed by a drunk driver and killed.

life is a big risk itself, i like to live my life to the fullest, w/o causing harm to others. street racing can be exhilarating if done with conscience and well being for other people. it's your choice just cause you saw your friend die, my cousin died street racing and do i back off?? NO!! why is simple, because he lived his life doing what he loved to do, and doing what you want takes guts and will.

use your life or youll waste someone else's yogurt, playng it safe dosent guarantee you life.

that's all i have to say for that incident.

jtace
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
also, if your afraid of dying while street racing consider this:

on any given ocasion you can slip and fall on your head, leaving you unconcious, and if lucky dead. you can be walking on the steet on any given time and be killed by a burglar with a gun. you can also get poisoned by eating fod and die as well, you can get accidentally hit on the head and left on a vegetable state, can be crashed by a drunk driver and killed.

life is a big risk itself, i like to live my life to the fullest, w/o causing harm to others. street racing can be exhilarating if done with conscience and well being for other people. it's your choice just cause you saw your friend die, my cousin died street racing and do i back off?? NO!! why is simple, because he lived his life doing what he loved to do, and doing what you want takes guts and will.

use your life or youll waste someone else's yogurt, playng it safe dosent guarantee you life.

that's all i have to say for that incident.

race tracks exist for a reason, use them. The real waste is somone doing something stupid on the streets and killing someone or themselves when they could have easily taken it to the track.

Sinister
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
easier to shoot the kid, sell his car and donate money to charity, alot safer.

Yogurt
11-28-2007, 03:11 PM
first off, street racing is not done with heavy traffic, that's just stupid and asking to die...

1) are there any ways that define that 4-6 cars racing across the city at night are not illegaly streetracing?
2) are there any international street race rules that forbid ILLEGAL street racers to race in traffic?

there are beautiful wonem in street racing, not all fat bastards, there can be lambo's and ferrari's found in street racing

3) Do you live in a FnF movie?

maxi123456
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
well Pro Street Its a good game but NFS MW and U2 are the best in the series.
But Ill buy NFSPS and NFS Carbon its a S**t

internet3
11-28-2007, 04:57 PM
bah, oh well guess it's my POV then, no matter, but it's my thought anyways, im the one that dies not you :)

secondly i know any type of racing not done on racetrack is ilegal, but hey im in PR, and at night the streets are downright empty, also, it's not all out melees like you say, there most basicly 1 on 1 races

thirdly, most ive done are just on the light in a straight mile, only things that can die there are bugs and me or the other one since it's a rural area and basicly it's empty most of the time tho the cops will still hate it. :x

my intention it not for everyone to do it, since it's ilegal by any means accountable. it's just telling what i do, and what will happen if i get caught i do know, it's simple and yeah ive seen dumb people driving and sayng there all that here and there, i never go over the top and easly back out if it's get out of hands, i also consider myself always learning from life lessons, and if one day the worst happens, i know i made a mistake ill pay dearly for.

also my cars it's not even up for extreme carnage, it's just a 2.5L Pontiac grand am, but i still love the fell of going over 100mph and smacking riced up civics with it. again it's my P.O.V. , but that docent mean in any ways i approve of some duff head maneuvers other people do trying to imitate such FnF movies.

it's bad period, i do know it, and i get it. but then i ask you, if you haven't street raced not even 1ce in your life. if you say yes your a fat liar...

yeah flame me all you want, i don't drive drunk, i am a responsible driver in traffic, and i dont even run over red lights, hell i don't even talk trough the cell phone nor eat while i drive since im a 100% focused on the road all the time, i have never crashed til this day and i have been driving for 2 years now.

oh and i even forgot to say, i did drive the grand am 1ce on a closed course with a borrowed helmet from a friend.

that's all i have to say for now, i do accept critics good or bad since it's my point and i know that there are much valuable things on life to do than this, but i like to do it as much as my last 2 generations did.

Kaerar
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Yogurt you seem to be of the mind that rules are meant to be followed. Well they simply aren't. The rules are made so rich people get richer. Poor get poorer. and The middle class get poor. The Rules that are meant to be for our safety also impinge on our freedom. The road rules most obviously. They are the most obvious money making exercise ever. They also want to make sure people follow them so the learners guidelines leave them woefully inequipped to handle situations slightly out of the ordinary.

As for street racing. If a modicum of sense is applied to the racing then there are very few dangers or issues except for the drivers doing the racing. If its just a bunch of neon lit morons racing without any thought then things get dangerous for others. The biggest problem is the inexperienced wannabe racer taking his/her car past the limit its capable of. They often don't have an idea of the limitations of their capabilities or their cars, so they end up pushing too hard. Which results in damage of somekind to either car or driver or bystander.

At the end of the day if you disagree to the point of zealotry there's no discussion, but if you are open minded enough to see that not all street racers are morons, then you are headed in the right direction.

Sage
11-28-2007, 09:28 PM
If you don't like something, don't use / play it. It's that simple.

Yogurt
11-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Yogurt you seem to be of the mind that rules are meant to be followed. Well they simply aren't. The rules are made so rich people get richer. Poor get poorer.
If that is about my position of view on street racing then please tell me,
what would be your point of view on streetracing if
once you went to the races, like always, you decided to get closer to the starting line, to see better...
and then all of a sudden a drug pumped biker at over 150 kph passes by, ON THE WALKWAY, ripping your jacket with its handlebar, kills your best friend, puts your girlfriend in a wheelchair, plus grants her a mental age of a three year old for the rest of her life, kills 5 more people that you just know since you have been regular at the races, and injures a hell lot of people AND crashes into your car parked safely on a parking space killing himself...

When you look death in the eye, and see how it takes all you ever lived for, THEN come by and tell me that Rules are meant to be broken...and that the drug pumped (that's one rule broken) underaged biker (thats two rules broken) Speeds on a walkway with speeds over highway limits (that's three rules broken), was just following his own ideas on how to live and had full rights to do that...

Myojinoir
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
well, Street racing.. heh
I`ll tell you guys what`s street racing in Latvia.
You dont race through the city, nor at nights, nor at days, not even on wide streets with 3 lanes at each direction. So nobody actually races illegaly through anywhere, because the consiquences are hard, the long kcid of law, that rapes you, even if you go for 71 km/h in a 70km/h zone. Therefore there are race days in Latvia, twice a year officially and every Friday night at local tracks, such as Biķernieku track, mostly.
What goes on in there? Mainly the same you do in this game, except for drifting, sector shootouting e.tc, just circuits, drags - thats it. You dont drive a Zonda, nor a Veyron here, you drive your everyday car, that you have worked on hard, to get the performance out of it as maxed as possible. Mainly the most common car for this event is a BMW 325 (the 1990` years model), Audi Quattro, VW Scirocco(or how was it spelled). There are cheerleader girls for some cars, many fans....NOTE! This is not as good as American race days, actually i have never seen one, just heard. ...And at Friday nights, each week, except for winter time, when its snowing(because then its harder), local speed freaks go to a track and just make dragraces, with prizes, or sometimes just for fun, to show off or others.
In Latvia there is no illegal streetracing, and good ridence, because if there would, we could call this land a ghost land, because the citys would look like NFS Carbon`s city ;D
The end.
comments please
P.S.
Sorry for grammar mistakes
P.S.S
I know i shouldnt ask this, but maybe someone could tell whats the streetracing in theyr country?

Yogurt
11-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Myojinoir - how about the monthly Elgava run?

internet3
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
well, here in Puerto Rico it's basically one on one, not a crazy *** skirmish (exception of cop outruns, then it's all out, 30 is my biggest count and all but 3 got away). we have trackdays but this is the carrebean and the cops are lazy, so lazy they wont start a pursuit if you are all ready going at 100 M.P.H. or more. note to mention, laws are rough,

1st street racing warant is $500 USD+ 3 month license suspension

2nd warant is $2000 USD+ 6 month license ban

3rd is the killer: 3 monts in jail + $5000 fine + License PermaBan.

that's why we cant get caught, but still you can loose the cops in cornering, Crown vics are heavy...

still all types of cars run, from Hunday's to Nissan's to BMW's to Ferrari's (that's the High income/rollers) all types or race styles, most common being 1 on 1 drags, but there are drifters and circuit wich i love but only done 1ce since i don't have suspension for that kind of sport, and it was on closed course.

as for seeing death, ive seen it 3 ft. from me, i was almost killed by a drunk driver, but i refuse to live in fear. living in fear is just not right, and it's the way of life, only the toughest survive, the rest eat the dust here....

so dont come yapping "Oh death is the Mainly caused by street racing caused it Pwnd my GF and BF it sucks" hell that's just bad luck, and ive seen worst, wayyyy worst than that. how about a shootout in a drug cartel leaving 20 death?that's a real bad issue, street racing is not, death is caused by RICERS as kaerar said not by real street racers.

hell then again Yogurt, why do you have a gun for Avatar if you are so afraid of death??

Kaerar
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
If that is about my position of view on street racing then please tell me,
what would be your point of view on streetracing if
once you went to the races, like always, you decided to get closer to the starting line, to see better...
and then all of a sudden a drug pumped biker at over 150 kph passes by, ON THE WALKWAY, ripping your jacket with its handlebar, kills your best friend, puts your girlfriend in a wheelchair, plus grants her a mental age of a three year old for the rest of her life, kills 5 more people that you just know since you have been regular at the races, and injures a hell lot of people AND crashes into your car parked safely on a parking space killing himself...

When you look death in the eye, and see how it takes all you ever lived for, THEN come by and tell me that Rules are meant to be broken...and that the drug pumped (that's one rule broken) underaged biker (thats two rules broken) Speeds on a walkway with speeds over highway limits (that's three rules broken), was just following his own ideas on how to live and had full rights to do that...

Sounds like you had a very rough experience. But how on earth can you apply one dumb drug induced biker to all street racing. That is not sensible. Because you had one horrifying experience doesn't mean it applies to all street racers. If you live in fear of that random and unlikely event happening again and think street racing should be banned because of it (most countries already ban it but that won't stop people) you are taking a freedom away from those who didn't do anything wrong. Where is the logic in that? Its a common theme among overreactions concerning the people these days that when one bad thing happens by accident the media over-hype it, the politicians over-hype it and then we end up with legislation that takes our freedom from us without our consent. All because of an unfortunate accident. You cannot prevent all accidents. There will always be errors in judgement by people and therefore accidents are going to happen.

I am genuinely sorry for your loss mate, that is not in dispute. I don't think what happened was fair or right. But the major cause of that Bikers behaviour was the drugs. Not the bike, or what happened afterwards. It was the drugs that altered his state of mind. If its common to have drugs and street racing where you are I would go somewhere else. But that wouldn't stop me from going.

Oh and I have experienced death. My brother died in the same bedroom as me when I was a child. I was powerless to help him. I have had to live with that my whole life. Don't say I know nothing about death.

As for rules. I have a perfect example. My friend had his car impounded last night for no reason. The copper walked into his work and asked for him by name. He then took him out to identify his car. After that was complete he the said he had received an allegation of hooning (powersliding and other anti-social driving) with a car matching his and his numberplate. The allegation was false. However the copper then said he was taking his car. To quote "Give me your keys or I will arrest you for obstruction of police duty." How on earth is that fair that before any judgement or ruling in the matter, that the alleged defendant receives a penalty and punishment without the evidence being presented (After repeated attempts to see the written statement as evidence of the allegations the officer refused every time). After threats of damage to his personal property and after being arrested my friend gave in. So his car was impounded without any evidence or proof that his car or him did the alleged offences. He now has to pay over $200 to get his car out of the impound after the 48 hours is up. This is the kind of police corruption that is happening everywhere in the western society and it is totally unjust. In fact nearly all legislation takes away freedom of some kind. Most of it is also total bullshit to allow corporations and governments to make more money.

Sinister
11-29-2007, 11:17 PM
ok, so how about everyone owns a gun, and if they see kids streetracing on the street, they are legally allowed to fire upon the streetracers until the streetracers are dead? safer? for whom?

street racers, who race on public roads at any time, putting any lives at risk is a danger to society.
personally im glad that officer nabbed your friends car. since there was a plate number involved that means it was witnessed. as much as punks who claim streetracing isnt bad, need to wake up and smell the fresh blood pasted all over the hood, glass and street.

Streetracing needs to have a deterrant, now the question is.. should it be a tank or a flamethrower?

Kaerar
11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
@Sinister - He wasn't doing any streetracing. He wasn't even hooning (the term being slang anyway!), and he certainly was driving with due care and attention. So how is it fair to give the police the authority to steal peoples cars and put their jobs in jeopardy without any evidence or proof to back up the allegation. I have personally spoken to the CMC (Crimes and Misconduct Commission) here and the officer was outside his jurisdiction in his actions. The problem with a number plate being involved is that the witness may have it in for the owner (his car had just had a new bonnet put on it the night before which was fluted and looked street racerish) and makes false allegations. It cannot be fair to give a penalty and punishment before any conviction of a crime. Especially since no road associated offence, other than where someone is injured or dies, is criminal. If it is possible to do that you have a police state that is more dangerous due to police corruption.

As for street racing well yes accidents do happen. But there are more accidents caused by badly tutored drivers than streetracers. Racing at 2.30am on deserted backstreets outside of a city means low probability of someone who hasn't taken it upon themselves to be there actually being caught up in it. The main problem is street races which are not conducted properly. The ones where there are no people looking out for cars coming up the designated race zone and stuff. Hell if the police got involved and cordoned off a quiet section of road or mountain for street racers on specific days don't you think they wouldn't cause as much of a problem.

I think more effort should be put into driver education in the first place as normal average drivers are the most dangerous.

Sinister
11-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Hell if the police got involved and cordoned off a quiet section of road or mountain for street racers on specific days don't you think they wouldn't cause as much of a problem.

I think more effort should be put into driver education in the first place as normal average drivers are the most dangerous.

The Idiot East Indian on a cellphone who rammed my ram is just as stupid as a streetricer who THINKS he can drive. both unsafe.

and as soon as you block off sections of road, and such, its no longer illegal, its modified sanctioned.

why not just take your car to the track, alot safer, and have actual medial personnel there to respond in 60 seconds instead of 60 minutes if you crash. same goes, its only your life on the line then, not everyone elses because you cant handle your car when taking highway corners at 130. or street corners at 90.

Im not saying Im a completely safe driver. but I can say I AM a professional, and thus puts more responsibility on me to know and anticipate every move some idiot is going to make on the road, including the ricer who's trying to weave through traffic into a redlight and have a near miss with a schoolbus full of kids.

internet3
11-30-2007, 08:13 AM
ok, so how about everyone owns a gun, and if they see kids streetracing on the street, they are legally allowed to fire upon the streetracers until the streetracers are dead? safer? for whom?

street racers, who race on public roads at any time, putting any lives at risk is a danger to society.
personally im glad that officer nabbed your friends car. since there was a plate number involved that means it was witnessed. as much as punks who claim streetracing isnt bad, need to wake up and smell the fresh blood pasted all over the hood, glass and street.

Streetracing needs to have a deterrant, now the question is.. should it be a tank or a flamethrower?
1st off, im sorry for what happened to your Ram sin, for real :) stupid Hindu driver (was it a taxi driver?)

alright let's shoot em down as u say:

im on a sidewalk i see him, i shoot!! OH fk he's lost control and comming at me, HOly he.... *squash*

lolo great idea sin now we have 2 dead! a pedestrian and a racer, not a good idea.........:}

as for Kaerar's most unfortunate buddy issue, cops are even more dangerous that street races themselves, til now i have seen 5 police brutalities that are mind-blowing that they happened, killing people for no reason at all...

yeah take out of the streets streetricers not streetracers, and you will see the change W/O even the cops getting involved... too many FnF ricers think the car can go fast by just puttin a suspension and gogog, WRONG!

going fast is knowing a car's limits, exeed them and you will be in trouble, i Know that by seeing and also expirience... the way i see it, when i saw the news that a taxy cab driver was killed by 2 punks on a mercedes, and it made news cause they had MW i almost gunned myself over....

i mean seriously??? imitating a game in real life?? that's just f'ucked up, street racing is not so much, it's illegal, but not as fkd up

Sinister
11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
i3 you didnt sense the hint of sarcasm?, but if they lost control and ran you over, that wouldnt be much of a loss now either right?

and no he wasn't a cabbie, he was a college student.. so in other words probably enrolled in hindu cabschool.

simple point to make

keep racing confined to the tracks where it should be, and noone gets hurt, and ricers get laughed at for having a joke of a car. racing on the streets should be avoided at all costs, the next time anyone sees a streetricer racer at a coffee shop slash his tires.

Blah_Head
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Srry to break this Very Interesting conversation, but you do know that the person who made this tread only has 1 post to say NFS prostreet bad?!?!???
which is quite weird.
And now im going to play prostreet.

edlemur
11-30-2007, 08:01 PM
and it isnt even in correct english... what a way to make an impression and leave.

t3ku
12-01-2007, 01:20 AM
well Pro Street Its a good game but NFS MW and U2 are the best in the series.
But Ill buy NFSPS and NFS Carbon its a S**t

IV HS, V PU, VI HP2***

Myojinoir
12-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Yogurt, you meant Jelgava run?
well, i havent been to those then x_X ;D

edlemur
12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
well... i finally got this game on friday afternoon. now its time to play somewhat hungover :}

ricersHA
12-01-2007, 06:23 PM
prostreet is the best thing happen to NFS seris since HP2.It is fun again.Ea should get alot of good feed back and also the super car extended pack is being made as well.Last time EA made downloads for NFS was PU they seem to care again.Must be a different team who made this game.

Myojinoir
12-02-2007, 04:17 AM
hey, i think ricersHA is right about those scraped cars O.o they could become downloadable

internet3
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
hey, i think ricersHA is right about those scraped cars O.o they could become downloadable

true, but now the question is, did we blow the surprise ourselves???

Kaerar
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
If they were stupid enough to leave them in the release version and not remove them for addition later then its EA's own damn fault. They are slack (just look and the bug report topic) and need to pick up the pace otherwise even Juiced 2 will surpass this even if it has gone complete arcade.

ITBlogger
12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I like the direction they took with ProStreet. More realism is better in my book.

I liked Underground and U2, but I did not like the motion blur that they added in Most Wanted and also had in Carbon at all...makes the game look like utter crap.

If I have one knock against ProStreet it's the way you have to choose whether to use a car for one mode. I think Forza and Forza 2 got it right on this one by allowing multiple setups for one car. The whole "all blueprints will be erased when changing modes" thing is just nonsense.

Other than that I think it's a solid game.

Oh and as usual the Achievements are kind of dumb too.