View Full Version : Things I like and Dont Like

Eclipsefreak028
11-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok i was loknig foward to this game ever since I headr about it at the beginning of October. I just got the game a few days ago and heres what i think about it.

Im on Casual and its way to easy, so im gonig to go ahead and beat it and move up a skill level, and then onto King.

Likes-
Game Play (I love how this is set up. Alot of different thnigs to do)
Race Days (alot of different races to do)
Drag Races (Awesome)
Pre Drag Burnouts
Car List (was hoping for a few more cars and a few less of what there is)
Tracks
Graphics (their not as good as they were on Carbon but the gameplay makes up for it.)
Performance Upgrades

Dislikes-
Main Menu(Wheres the my cars? I enjoyed having my 20 custom cars)
Single Player or Split Screen races (I wish you could just do acrade races like in all the other games)
Graphics on the Cars(Its not so bad but i think all those stickers looks crappy, but this is a pro racing game ans i do realize they are sponsor stickers.)
Auto Sculp (I dont know what specific part im modding. Their needs to be an indicator like carbon.
Racing Seats (Is there really a need for this/)
Menus(pointless scrolling around)
Show Announcers (OH MY GOD. Their annoying and the pointless talking makes me want to hit the mute button)

Over All Thoughts

I think the game is awesome. Id rate it about a 8 out of 10. I do wish it still had some of the same things carbon does. It dosent have as many body parts but its more about racing than looks as carbon was more of looks. I do wish there was a My cars list because after i beat the game a few times it will be pointless to play, were as carbon ive beaten it 4 times and enjoy modding my 20 cars for each alias. I love the game play but the damage could be a bit more realistic, and the cars seem to grip the road a bit to much. I love the Drag racing the most, and the pre drag burnouts are awesome. Drifting is a bit harder than before. I hate the announcers witha Passion. The guy for Battle Machine just goes on about random shit. The game is great how ever it could have been tweaked abit more. I look foward to finishing this game.

Vanexroxics
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Single Player or Split Screen races is Race Day mate.

FIXED

Sinister
11-24-2007, 10:19 PM
DR, there was no reason for that extra bit of emphasis. some people just dont look enough before they ask questions.

edlemur
11-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Graphics (their not as good as they were on Carbon...

this makes no sense. are you running on the highest settings?

Kaerar
11-25-2007, 06:25 AM
The graphics are a different style to Carbon but they are definately more detailed. So I think its more of a taste in graphics than actual graphical acuity.

edlemur
11-25-2007, 10:01 AM
like the idiots who think Unreal Engine's overexagerated shaders makes it better looking than CryEngine 2 :rolleyes5

Kaerar
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
HAHAHAHA so true edelmur. The graphics in Crysis are far more subtle that UT3. UT3 is done for speed not prettyness so they used a different technique than Crysis. I think the Cryengine 2 is a far better piece of kit tho as it is so much more flexible than Unreal Engine 3. Just remember its the idiots that keep Epic employed...

Eclipsefreak028
11-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Well I did know that single and split screen races are race days.

edlemur
11-25-2007, 04:41 PM
HAHAHAHA so true edelmur. The graphics in Crysis are far more subtle that UT3. UT3 is done for speed not prettyness so they used a different technique than Crysis. I think the Cryengine 2 is a far better piece of kit tho as it is so much more flexible than Unreal Engine 3. Just remember its the idiots that keep Epic employed...

lol, i argued that cryengine>unreal with some idiot in my ap compsci class. then he argued that SLId 8600 beat the 8800. so i bet him $25, then he raised it to $100. lmao, printed benchmarks and reviews, shoved them in his face as he stared in disbelief. it seems kind of effed up how i basically stole $100 from him, but keep in mind; i was willing to only steal $25 from him; but he insisted i steal $100. goes to show how informed the people are who think unreal>cryengine really are.

Kaerar
11-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah I think the 20th Century will be remembered for the fact that more misinformation made it into history than fact!!! Trouble is the 21st Century is headed the same way :(