View Full Version : Wheelie Competition!

Evo X
12-01-2007, 04:30 AM
I have a GT500 for drag races! and it's fully tuned! but I can't do wheelie competitions with it! How do I tune it? what do I do??

Myojinoir
12-01-2007, 05:46 AM
i think there are cars that can`t do wheelies, i could be wrong

maxi123456
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Hello I have the same problem please help us!

Vanexroxics
12-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Torque, Perfect Shift, Max Peformance Parts & Nitrous

These are the only 4 you are focusing.

sweetdemiser
12-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Just dump the clutch.When she wheel stands run it through the gears fast! just before its about to fall hit the bottle and it will ride it out

Evo X
12-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I figured it out! the car should have more than 700hp! my GT500 has 680hp!! I sold my GT500 and bought Supra! I tuned it and got 919hp! and I'm winning Wheelies!

Anathema
12-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I figured it out! the car should have more than 700hp! my GT500 has 680hp!! I sold my GT500 and bought Supra! I tuned it and got 919hp! and I'm winning Wheelies!

Not true, I have a Chevelle SS that can stand the whole 1/4 and it's only a little over 600hp.

SLP Firehawk
12-01-2007, 05:19 PM
make sure youve got more than just stock suspension and tires, i made the mistake of only putting the performance packages on my gto and it stayed on the ground

KnightRider
12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
1,343 full track length with my chevelle he he. ;)

Evo X
12-02-2007, 01:12 AM
You have to fully tune your car! but that's what I did with the GT500 but still no result! It only hops for 45m! the Supra hops 175m if I do it right!

Kaerar
12-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Not quite you need some power mods and lvl 3 suspension for wheelies.

Evo X
12-02-2007, 03:16 AM
I need help! I have a Supra for Drag! I'm planning to sell it and buy a Charger! Am I making a good choice?

Kaerar
12-02-2007, 10:06 AM
No is the short answer.

Just get lvl 3 suspension and lvl 3 tires on your Supra.

demoman_chaos
12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
My charger runs mid-7's consitently. Get the engine desinged for the 1/4 mi., the big-block V8's.

The Charger is much better than the Supra.

Kaerar
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Supra is the easiest drag car for wheelies, 1/4's and 1/2's (though different in configuration for all three!). The reason I say Supra for wheelies is its very progressive. just go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Nos shot, 4th, 5th (if needed) and you get full length wheelie. The charger is harder because it has more torque and isn't as smooth.

demoman_chaos
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Mine is. I always hit my Edelbrock Nitrous when I hit 4th and I always get the full length wheelie (unless of course I hit a pole in the middle of the Autobahn drag strip (a HORRIBLE idea on EA's part)).

Evo X
12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I bought the Charger but no result! The Supra was even better!

Vanexroxics
12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Useless. If you can't handle a charger, SELL IT!

Evo X
12-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Actually I won RYO with the Charger in Drag and Wheelies! but now I'm facing problems in drifting against RYO! I have a Viper it's actually a pretty good drifter but the road is really tight and he's very powerfull! His EVO X is awesome!!

Vanexroxics
12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Viper = Drifting = BAD.

Get an RX-7, Corolla OR GTO.

Evo X
12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Viper = Drifting = BAD.

Get an RX-7, Corolla OR GTO.

Well, that's not true, the Viper is good at drifting! but of course japanese imports would be better! but the problem is with the road! it's really tight!

Anathema
12-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Supra is the easiest drag car for wheelies, 1/4's and 1/2's (though different in configuration for all three!). The reason I say Supra for wheelies is its very progressive. just go 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Nos shot, 4th, 5th (if needed) and you get full length wheelie. The charger is harder because it has more torque and isn't as smooth.

I don't know... I bought a Chevelle as my first drag car and I've kept it because of it's ease of use in wheelie competitions. The way I have it set up, it pops right up from the beginning and it stays up till I'm in the highest gear and then, when it begins to drop a little, I just hit the N20 to keep it up for the duration of the run.

Well, that's not true, the Viper is good at drifting! but of course japanese imports would be better! but the problem is with the road! it's really tight!

My experience with the Viper was that it was really hard to flick, and then when it did get sideways, it felt really heavy and hard to bring back.

OD211
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
This game isn't a sim game, but it still follows some aspects of actual physics.

The Viper is quite heavy, so you'll naturally have a disadvantage in a drift race.

On a side note: How fast do you enter the turns in that Viper?

Evo X
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
On a side note: How fast do you enter the turns in that Viper?

Well I enter the turn in about 120 Kph or 74mph! yeah the back of the car feels a bit heavy but now I sold my Viper! I bought a RX-7! it's the best drift car I can ever get! and I won the Drag King in my Charger! thx for the tips guys especially for the NOS on 4th gear it was really helpfull! :D

SubyRS
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
i think there are cars that can`t do wheelies, i could be wrong

It does appear that way.

My Chevelle will do the entire 1/4 mile standing up with only 500hp, but my Barracuda struggles to get 200 feet with over 700hp. All gear ratios and setting are identical for both cars. Other than gear ratios, engine setting have little to no effect in this game. Full retarded or full advanced timing yield the same results. Drag cars also do not have sway bars. They have traction bars. Completely different function so I don't know why that option is even there. I had the Shelby and it was a cr@ppy drag car so I deleted it.

What you also have to realize is that, typical of NFS, the games car physics change depending on which type of competition you are engaged in.

So using the same car for 1/4 mile drag or 1/4 mile wheelie comp will yield different results. In wheelie competition my Chevelle will stand straight up through 3rd gear, and with nitros will stay at a good elevated angle for the rest of the run. Yet in 1/4 mile drag, the car barely lifts at all and stays planted to the ground as soon as I hit 2nd gear.

Same goes for Drifting competition. Those same old "Underground" physics take over and make drifting a snap. You cannot drift like that in a grip race with the same car and setup.

And in Speed competition, there is a large ammount of straight line stability and auto correction at work, no matter how "Kingly" your game setup is for that mode.

SubyRS
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
I have a GT500 for drag races! and it's fully tuned! but I can't do wheelie competitions with it! How do I tune it? what do I do??

For a good wheelie car you want to soften the rear springs and shocks. Go 2-3 notches toward soft for spring and compression rate, and only one notch toward soft for rebound rate.

This will let the car load the rear tires with grip and compress the back down at launch for a wheelie, and the less reduced rebound rate will tend to keep it there. You could go full soft on the rear sway bars (actually traction bars) if nothing else does it.

Leave the front end alone.

SVTlover
12-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I've got a 65 GTO with 540BHP and thats winning wheelie competitions fine.

demoman_chaos
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
@Suby: I disagree, my Charger has a hard rear suspension and pulls the nose up just fine in wheelie comps (plus it has the added bonus of staying near the ground for regular drags). You just need to get a decent shift timing (I like the Charger's because it is near the red-line) and hit the NOS when you hit 4th and it will stand on it's rear the entire time.

SubyRS
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
You don't have to agree with anything really.

New test info says that dropping your suspension to stage 2 will keep the front end down if you are having trouble keeping the car on the drag strip (like the Zonda at 1000hp). Faster times and speeds with level 2.

Anything above level two suspension automatically wheelies to some degree or another, depending on the car. Some cars wheelie with no suspension adjustments at all, whereas others need all the help they can get. It makes no sense why a short Shelby or classic Corvette will not wheelie as well as a Chevelle or Charger. Just shows you how far off reality the game is.

Then there is the slam more wings, spoilers and fins at big angles out into the airstream to go faster theory the game works on. LOL.

Stew82
12-04-2007, 12:45 AM

not true ... i have a gt500 with 640bhp and i get more than 1,000 feet wheelie ... nos after the 3rd gears and prefect shifts all the way