View Full Version : Paint jobs (too limited)

SubyRS
12-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I put a couple more layers on this car each time I play. But now I come to a message that said 20 layers maximum. So I can't finish it and I was only about 60% done!

Is there a way to hack the vinyl layer limit in this game? I have 3D shadow effects under all graphics so everything I do is doubled.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/subyrs1/PS_1.jpg

Sinister
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
nope, no layer hacks., looks overkill too though. start using mirroring.

Myojinoir
12-02-2007, 03:22 AM
not everything can be mirrored, especially those team names.. they really get mirrored - turned to other side, like Grip - pirG , only worse

Vanexroxics
12-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Use Mirrors for only Vinyls. Don't use mirrors on decals, teams and anything else, to get on both sides, d them manually.

Sinister
12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
yes, thats what i was meaning, you could probably gain 3-4 layers doing this.

SubyRS
12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
All of the vinyl layers are mirrored, except some on the hood. But, it is impossible to achieve certain effects with mirror on. Seperate placements are the only way sometimes. I like to apply my experience in RC and Slot Car layer painting, so I either do it right or I will not waste my time with it.

I have not reached the limit on decals in the game, but it is probably 20 also. Is this a possible patch request item? Seems simple enough to just change the limit number in the game.

Another thing is why do some of the AI cars have graphics that are not available in the game? The selection of vinyls are the lamest I have ever seen. Like little kiddie "Colorform" decal sets. Very few are even usable. Most are laughable.

Vanexroxics
12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
What the hell? 20 Layers not enough? You must be a ricer.

Look at my 240SX, I spent all 20 layers on that two tone custom.

SubyRS
12-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Use Mirrors for only Vinyls. Don't use mirrors on decals, teams and anything else, to get on both sides, d them manually.

BTW,
Mirror on decals works fine. Not sure why you said that. Unless you are talking about rotating them on a hood, mirroring decals is prefered and saves time. It is "vinyls" that have text in them that you do not want ot mirror, unless you like reading inside out and backwards.

I had to swap out the "Moshi"vinyl for a MFG decal to free up four layers for use on more graphics. Still not enough to do what I had planned on.

Vanexroxics
12-03-2007, 08:09 AM
MIrroring Decals gives unreadable text. etc. Rogue Speed becomes deepS eugoR.

GM Lover
12-03-2007, 09:05 AM
I hate that mirroring shit.

SubyRS
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM

No, it does not. Only vinyls with text does that. Why do you insist? Please check your game before making comments like that. Almost sounds like you have not done any decal work. I think Carbon did that. Do you even have this game?

I placed several decals last night, and my drag car is covered with them. Decals do not turn inside out as you think.

OK, now I get it. You think Rogue Speed is a decal.

Vanexroxics
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
double post spam huh?

I said, if your mirror DECAL or TEAM, you will get such d'mn thing!

If you put Toyo on the right door, the other side is oyoT on the left door. Now you get what I meant?
I don't care if I said Decal for Rogue Speed, IT IS STILL THE SAME.

TriniGT
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Dark Ritual, maybe is something with your copy of the game.. Or maybe something is wrong with mine. The Mirror effect on the decals work just fine for me. Check my PS garage to see the results for yourself.

But for the topic of layer limits - it would have been enough if the limit was 30-40. Also, the list of Decals could be better. I wish I could use names such as NGK, STP, Tomei, Nismo, etc...

Kaerar
12-04-2007, 09:14 AM
DR all decals mirror with words correctly spelt on both sides. Most vinyls mirror like the react RX-7 vinyls we all came to know and love from the trailers.

Rogue Speed is a Vinyl so it mirrors. Toyo is a Decal and doesn't (unless there is a Toyo vinyl...)

SubyRS
12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Mods, please delete this topic.

There has been unnecessary confusion added to an already confusing game and some people just find it hard to say sorry, my bad.