View Full Version : Speed Challange help :(

wuyanxu
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM
i've beaten all other kings, just this speed challange the raceday right before Speed King is bothering me.

other environments are fine, but this desert roads are just too narrow.

i have Ford GT and Lambro Murcielago, both are all stage 3 parts, yet i still crash and burn during the races :( :rolleyes5

any tips on how to tune the car to make them easier to control? i've set Toe all the way to the right, which seem to help a bit, what else is there to tune?

im saving up for a ZondaF, will that help me win? the Lambro seems to be having a hard time keeping up with another ZondaF car the CPU is driving.
or which car would you guys recommend for Speed challenge mode?

Myojinoir
12-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Lambo is faster than a Zonda :P
forget that car, and spend as much as you can on Lambo, because Lambo is teh pwn at speed challanges, made mine go 403 km/h ;D

wuyanxu
12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
everything is already stage 3.......

how do i tweak it to make it go that fast, at the same time, i can control it??

Myojinoir
12-04-2007, 03:16 PM
actually, i had some tier 4 upgrades...
engine and turbocharger
and try the to change the steering to stiff, that way it wouldn`t jump around the road like a crazy rabbit

OZ
12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
R34... stiff suspension, low ride height and long gears... upon starting the race, keep going till you hit 4th gear, burn the nitrous to give you some space between you and the second place, not allowing him to catch you on the streamline. If you do everything correctly soon you will be gaining space enough to have a calm race

SLP Firehawk
12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
also make the steering ratio looser so the car wont dart around as much

wuyanxu
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
R34... stiff suspension, low ride height and long gears... upon starting the race, keep going till you hit 4th gear, burn the nitrous to give you some space between you and the second place, not allowing him to catch you on the streamline. If you do everything correctly soon you will be gaining space enough to have a calm race
but the tinest bumb on the road will send the car flying with all the way to the right stiff suspension.

i think how the CPU catches up with me may be because i let off (taps the gas key) the gas when turning, but if i don't lift off, i'll crash most of the time.

any tips on Top Speed challange? i have figured out that to gain high score, you need to drive fast at checkpoints AND everywhere else to be at least 15s faster than target time, which seems impossible thing to do when the other cars simply block my way most of the time, and brake just as i try to pull out of their slipstream.

what's those 2 sliders between Toe and steering ratio do? what should i set them to?

Sinister
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
thats why its easier to jump over them to pass.

demoman_chaos
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I used a Viper and the Speed King was no problem. A good trick is to play the first part like a drag race, getting ahead of opponents early is crucial. If the get past you, relax. Just get in their draft and you should catch up in no time. You just need to be sure to at least keep them in view.

For tuning, loosen the steering, make the springs slightly harder than normal, tune the gear ratios to reach slightly under 250 mph (the game's to speed) quickly (so you can go fast and still be able to turn, because of a glitch (?) that won't allow you to turn when you hit 250). Use NOS in 4th and woory more about keeping the car steady than winning (remember, you have to finish the race to win).
Adjusting the toe, camber, and caster can help your stability. Go for postive caster, postive camber, and inward toe.

Eclipsefreak028
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I agree in the desert courses. If you get off the road justa bit you either hit a telephone pole, or a dirt mount and go flying and total out. I have a Zonda and its is maxed out on upgrades. Im spanking the competition but am also having a hard time keeping it on the road.

Sinister
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
if its the top speed competition, wait a few extra seconds, let your opponents get ahead, then you have an open road that you can race on instead of be clustered with them. however if you're quick and skilled you draft your opponent until just before the checkpoint, and them whip out past to gain a few extra miles on your top speed.

demoman_chaos
12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
The car I use is the Viper. It is stable enough and is easy to keep on the. The Zonda is not the best on these because of its turning radius. It turns to quickly for the long turns.

Increase caster, loosen steering response and do a few tweaks to the gear ratios and it will reach 250 mph rather quickly.

wuyanxu
12-08-2007, 08:03 AM
if its the top speed competition, wait a few extra seconds, let your opponents get ahead, then you have an open road that you can race on instead of be clustered with them. however if you're quick and skilled you draft your opponent until just before the checkpoint, and them whip out past to gain a few extra miles on your top speed.
tryed that, but the points to dominate won't be enough. remember, this is a all-speed raceday, so if i wait, i will get about 4000 points, whereas i need 6800 points for all 6 races to dominate and unlock the final speed boss

and in the speed challange, even if i win with 17s ahead of target time, i still only get 6000 points.

this raceday is impossible!

edit:
just after i posted that above comment, i beat the raceday!!

it seemed impossible because i start off with really hard challenges (first and last race) and only get a few thousand points, which seems impossible, but the shorter races (2,3,4,5) are really easy once i beat the hardest 2 races.

and by the way, the speed king sucks compared to my Lambro (now stage 4 engine, won in that race day) i got 1:30 ahead of him in the last race :O

many thanks everyone, all your comments, especially the tips and how to tune helped a LOT.

demoman_chaos
12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Speed challenges aren't as ahrd as people make them. Figure out a track, then it is a sinch.

Tip for future races: In the Nevada Desert, there is a turn that has a large (inconvieniently placed) rock on the outside near the end of the turn, followed by cactuses and a pass, then open road again. It total my Viper many times. To get by there without totaling your car or losing uch speed, go a bit into the dirt and cut the corner slightly. It slows you down a little, but keeps you from hitting the rock (most you will do is hit a cactus whihc does almost nothing). That has saved me many total repair markers.

Evo X
12-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Actually I won this stage with a Porsche 911 GT2! The Zonda behind me was a problem but u have to keep blocking him! Buy any car except the Zonda! it's a piece of shit! The GT2 was really smooth and nice! The LP640 should do it good but u have to tune it correctly!

demoman_chaos
12-09-2007, 11:20 AM
The Zonda is pretty much a grip god. Its only weaknesses are tight corners (due to its long chasis) and sector shootouts. Mine PWNED Ryo's Evo X and Ray's BMW like they were sitting still. The only troulbe I have had with it is in certain corner section (tight twisties).

Max16032
11-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I use the GT-R (R34) for the Speed Challenges, and IT performs very well in Nevada....

For me, in Nevada Highway, your objetive is not only win.....You also need to SURVIVE!!

Apocalypse
11-11-2008, 10:14 AM
EPIC. Revivng an year old topic.