View Full Version : HP2 patch?

ricersHA
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
it is still possible to get the patch for HP2.My momo steering acts real loose without.

SubyRS
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
The 2.42 patch is all over the internet.

It's just a FF patch that doesn't really improove anything except the amount of force sent to the wheel.

Unfortunately this is a game you want to avoid FF or rumble devices completely if you don't want the game ending side effects that come with it.

I use the new Logitch Cordless Precision PS3 game pad that has no rumble motors thankfully. This solves all the FF generated issues even the patched game has.

ricersHA
01-02-2008, 08:12 PM
thanks for responding i found a the patch that work.It helps a momo out since with some torque now helps the cars from sliding less sing hp2 doesn't have tuning to it.

SubyRS
01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Just beware of the slow motion bug that you will be getting a random while using any FF device with the game. EA never fixed it even with the "FF" patch.

EA is one of those "less is more" type of companies. They take out more features of their game each year and call it improoved or, "taking the game in a new dirrection".

BTW, The nice thing about the Logi PS3 Cordless Precision game pad is that it obviously pulls double duty for the PS3 and PC, with no drivers needed. Allot of people don't know that because Logitech only lists the pad as PS3 compatable. And it is the most ergonomic game pad I've ever held in my hands. At $29.95 and 300 hours on 2 AA batteries it can't be beat. It gets the long play time because of not wasting power on useless rumble effects. Cordless rumble pads get about 100 hours on average.

ricersHA
01-03-2008, 10:36 PM
you see with the momo racing wheel i have at times corning without torque caused sliding at times plus the feel of the road also makes it's fun too.