View Full Version : So People! Are You Satisfied?

rollcage11213
01-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Anyway, i just really had to post this. I know everyone has said that since NFS Underground, NFS has been taking a seriously wrong turn. So, what about NFS Pro Street? Are people satisfied or no? Comments Please!

Nikusakken
01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
NFS street racing series toke the wrong turn ? EA can't use the same formula forever. I'm not saying that old ones NFS are bad games, but I'm saying that the same formula again and again will transform NFS in a "old school franchise" and none of the old game series uses the same formula (at least most of them) they can use the old formula but since that don't destroy the franchise (Yeah the same formula always and always can destroy a franchise. This is the truth).

Back to the topic: Yes and No. Yes because of the damage system. No because of the closed tracks and it's unknow identity (that is a arcade or a simulation game ????).

Sinister
01-03-2008, 08:47 PM
they have returned to the right road since making such crap called "underground 1&2".. out of the last 5, only MW is better than PS.

edlemur
01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
EA can't use the same formula forever.
you are one hilarious motherfuker!

Nikusakken
01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
edlemur, I'm trying to say that if they use the old formula forever, it will become more boring than these new NFS. I'm not saying that they must stop using the old formula but that they have to change a little (even using the old formula).

edlemur
01-03-2008, 09:38 PM
EA is built on re-using the same formulas. its what they do.

Nikusakken
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
EA is built on re-using the same formulas. its what they do.
Unfortunately... :(

Finraziel
01-04-2008, 05:49 AM
I like the new direction, but as usual it still feels like it needed another year of development and finetuning...
Too bad EA absolutely has to release an NFS every year :(
I do agree with Sinister though, it's better than the undergrounds and far better than carbon (god I hated that piece of shit) but MW remains my favorite.

edlemur
01-04-2008, 08:53 AM
you see, it goes somewhat like this; actually, exactly like this.

MW>PS>HS>PU>HP2>III>II>TNFS>UG2>C>UG

Ricochet
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'd say Carbon is much better than UG2, and as a PS2 owner, HP2 is my favorite game from them all.

And to the threadmaker, as much as I hate the crap port to the PS2, I still like the gameplay elements, so yes I am satisfied.

edlemur
01-04-2008, 09:33 AM
carbon was crap because of the handling. UG2's handling remains my favorite for any NFS, along with PS.

SCHUMI-4-EVA
01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Heh, for me it's:

PS>HS>UG2>MW>2 SE>UG>PU>HP2

and I never owned any of the others.

Yes, I absolutely love ProStreet, it's just absolutely awesome.

bmw335im3
01-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I liked the free run mode of nfshp2 :pimp2: :moustache:moustache:grin3:

Killua
01-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm not satisfied. After playing Pro Street for 3 days, I got bored of it. Atleast is better than any Underground and especially the worst NFS ever: Carbon (F*ck you).

Problably today or tommorrow I'll re-install NFS 4 on my PC after a long time.

momaka
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I only played TNFS, and NFS HS to NFS PS. But here's my idea of how I like the NFS series:
PU>HS>TNFS>UG2>UG=HP2>PS>MW>C

***long text***
***skip to the last 2 paragraphcs if you don't want to read what I didn't like in the latest NFS series***

UG2: If you're asking why UG 2 and UG are so high up in my rank, it's because I like the car physics in UG2 (not as much as in PU, but almost there), car sounds in UG2 were great, and free roam was interesting for a while, although the night-only killed it a little. Street racing is not my thing as well - I like NFS HS/PU/HP2 tracks where you see beautiful locations instead of ghettos and graffiti. And last but not least I didn't like the rating system and the way you were forced to visually do things to your car. Besides, the game concept was already taken from UG1 and was getting rather boring. Some races were long and boring as well just to find out you unlocked an ugly part for your car.

UG comes after UG2 because it was fast paced and it was a whole new concept to me so I didn't hate it as much. Car tuning wasn't that bad either (well, better than in UG2 anyways - in a sense that the rating system was more forgiving - I finished with almost a visually stock Golf). The things I didn't like in UG was the car driving physics (and make a Civic go 300 km/h... WTF?), and the fact that the game didn't have a good replay value. I mean after the carrer, there's wasn't much left to do except customize your car, which doesn't make up for my urges to race.

HP2 - liked it probably as much as UG (I'm sure the PS2 version of HP2 was better than the PC). It had good car selection, but career was getting boring really quickly. Car physics were different from UG, but still sucked IMO. Also, it was the first game after PU that didn't have damage, dash cameras, and replay was half-assed - so that made it go down. Today, I still play it sometimes just to look at the tracks. I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees that HP2 had wonderfull tracks.

ProStreet. I didn't get to play it too much, but the game seriously lacks simplicity (probably the #1 issue why I don't like it). I already hated the different race modes when Underground came, but this is even worse. I don't want to drift or drag or follow any other game rules. How about race freestyle (be it I drift or not). Then, I like how Pro Street came back to closed-track racing, but it's not the right type of track racing - that is, what's with the cheering crowds and where are the distant snowy mountains?

MW - would have been a great game only if it wasn't made so childish - I mean who the hell rams and destroys hundreds of cop cars without getting any damage on their car?... Such a childish idea (if I wanted to do that type of stuff I could play GTA or Mafia). Besdies that, physics were total BS, simplicity was getting lost, and the game had quite a few bugs. If the game had damage or if just the physics were more real, I would have actually enjoyed this game probably as much as I used to enjoy NFS HS.

Carbon: And of course Carbon... Let's see where to start - I didn't play this one much either, but from the first few races, the game seemed dead-beat. Also, street racing in a city during night time is really old now. Carbon also had MW physics, which were too arcadish - not to mention the total POS drifting physics. Lacked simplicty evenr more than MW, so that ticked me off. Last but not least, it looked like a FNF3 copy (in a sense with the canyon drifting and night-mode).

All in all, I think NFS went down after PU, or whenever that "EA Games, challenge everything" logo came out. Before that, NFS was a straightforward game which gave you the most spectacular cars (with showcases, dash, and whatnot), and a diverse choice of tracks around the world you'd probably like to see someday. Add cops (HS and HP) to spice up things when you needed it, and a replay to watch it all after a hard race. It wasn't more than that, but NFS had a much greater replay value before.

Am I satisfied? Sure, just not as much anymore as I used to get before. EA does try to satisfy everyone these days, but they seem to half-*** their games by releasing one every year. I'd be more satisfied if they took their time to make a better quality game. Satisfied with my answer?

DJMantis
01-05-2008, 12:57 AM
^I've played 2,3,4,5,6, and 9. MW had some cool features, when compared to 2-6, but I still prefer the older games.

In order, leet>fail:

PU: Best handling of all the NFS games I've played, and I've had a lot of fun tuning up the cars. Replay cameras were really awesome, good car selection.

HP: Like the unique car choices, and the easy-to-edit everything. Great handling, replay cams were good enough, lotsofun.

HS: For some reason, I loathe the steering in HS. That's the only reason I rate it lower than HP, bacause otherwise it was a far sperior game. And once I got all of the addon cars, there were more than enough to choose from. Fun tracks, plus the HP tracks, and an immensely entertaining career mode with car upgrades-couldn't ask for more.

II: Great cars, and the arcade mode feels like I'm at a Dave & Busters arcade.

HP2: A sequal to seond place, yet feels totally detatched from the series. Despite having teriffic cars, beautiful tracks, and challenging bots (finally), the replays suck shit and it has nothing in common with other games. PU suffers from this, too, but is entertaining enough otherwise to make up for the deficit.

MW: Still can't wrap my head around putting even the slightest mods on supercars. I hate ricing. Hate, hate, hate, hate it. This is better than I imagine the UG series being but I'd rather drive around a Yugo 45 than a Gallardo with a body kit.

Ricochet
01-05-2008, 02:47 AM
I guess this is how mine's goes:

HP2>MW>PU>HS>C>NFS3>NFS2>UG2

haven't played the rest, and if you're questioning my decision on HS, its because of the lack of XP support.

OD211
01-05-2008, 02:53 AM
haven't played the rest, and if you're questioning my decision on HS, its because of the lack of XP support.
Download either EP or SP. There! Problem solved.

SCHUMI-4-EVA
01-05-2008, 05:39 AM
HS can be modded to run absolutely beautifull in XP, pretty much on the standard of HP2 when maxed (especially if you add high-poly modded cars in).

HP2 just felt wrong, that's why I rated it so low...the tracks, the cars, everything....there just simply was no spark...possibly due to the cops..possibly due to something else...I have repeatedly gone back to it to try and enjoy it but it just simply won't work. Also it had a bit of damage I believe...at least I ended up smashing my hood off an Aston.

I love ProStreet so much, cuz the spark is there again. Cops are gone and it's on closed tracks so it's just all about unbridaled racing (although the drifiting does get on my nerves a bit occasionaly). I love the new Sector Shootouts. I love the new customisation options, it's the best of any NFS sofar, I only wish that they would have added a few more predone blueprints as options for those less experienced with tuning...and also added a test track option like UG2 had after tuning. Also they should not have seperate modes from blueprints...in other wirds I should be able to set blueprints for each type of race...and not buy cars for each type of race. The car list is great and the garage limit is the most forgiving since it was introduced in UG(even if it is still pointless). It does not feel wrong to add bodykits on the supercars as if done right it just makes them look like touring/le mans cars. It would have been nice if there were more single player options outside of career (only way you can do that is by creating a solo race day) but all in all eventhough this game still has a few flaws in it, this is the best NFS ever for me.

Just thought I would explain my reasoning in my above post...at least the most important parts.

edlemur
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Also, it was the first game after PU that didn't have damage

you mean performance damage, right?

i hed some badasss replays in HS. i really do miss the replay function. definately will install HS when i come across that sneaky CD again. i just don't like how whenever im playing it, it reminds me of myself playing back when i loved it. kina nostalgic. and me no likey nostalgia.

momaka
01-05-2008, 01:06 PM
you mean performance damage, right?
Yeah, I guess I didn't state that clearly :P . Still, even visual damage was not as good. I mean Collin McRae Rally 3, which came out around the same time NFS HP2 came out, had x10 the damage with detachable parts and other things. Right now Dirt still owns ProStreet IMO.

edlemur
01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
lol, its like im trying to prove this point everywhere.

...but PS damage is more based on scratches and dents, not massive structural damage. For example, when i play DiRT, there are no such things as small scratches, dents and fender benders. But what you can do is cause huge damages, like make doors fly off and bend the entire frame. In ProStreet though, the small and moderate scratches and dents are realistically beautiful. But, ProStreet's damage is limited to body panels and windows, so none of the frame-bending debauchary that is DiRT :(.

SCHUMI-4-EVA
01-06-2008, 07:39 AM
You have to remember that those are Carbon Fiber bodykits you are putting on those cars...they kind of don't have the same damage pattern as your regular car...

edlemur
01-06-2008, 08:41 AM
oh yes, we'd have lots of nice cracks instead :}. is there a game that does that?

AgentRoo
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I'll pass on that one edlemur.

I've only played since U.

Each of them has some things I like, and some things I hate.

Underground: Liked that you could customise each car in the game, hated the visual mods and the poor variety of cars.

Underground 2: Same as Underground. Free Roam was ok initially, but got boring after a while. Dyno tuning was frustrating though - I've lost count of the times I'd knock 0.01s off an acceleration range, then try something else and be unable to get back to the lower value.

Most Wanted: Better selection of cars, visual mods weren't essential. I'm abivalent on the damage system - whilst it was too limited, it would be nearly impossible to finish the game as it was if it had a Pro Street type damage system. Also, I feel that the game was too long winded.

Carbon: Even better selection of cars (I love 60s Muscles, even if they aren't always much use against more modern vehicles). But the game felt too short.

Pro Street: Great selection of cars! And thank goodness you no longer have to worry about little old granny pulling out of an intersection in the middle of a race (especially drag!). However, I now bemoan the lack of shortcuts that you used to be able to take!

ricersHA
01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
anyone who played HS might see a close style of tracks for PS since there was 3 raceways in that game so that is a real good way of going back to there roots again

Linkin
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe if Need For Speed would do something revolutionary again it could be fun, but right now it's as predictable and dull as it can get. The street racing was a nice change for a while. They've now made 5 games based on the same basic idea. There's no incentive to play anymore, nothing that draws you back or holds your attention. Pro Street doesn't know WHAT it's supposed to be, it just dabbles with everything and never makes a commitment.

MCF said it best perhaps...

<MuscleCarFreak> replay value... how am I supposed to worry about that when I can't even bother to finish it the first time!

Nikusakken
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Let's wait to see how will be Need For Speed 12 and we can make better conclusions.

sysoverflow
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
The only reason I play Pro Street is for the graphics.

edlemur
01-07-2008, 03:20 PM
i detect fail in many dimensions. might as well stare at the nvidia "human head" demo. besides, there are racing games with better graphics than PS.
http://www.sweclockers.com/imagebank/200705/Doug001.jpg
im having so much fvcking fun!

UCN Conversions
01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
NFS 2,3,5,7,8 all suck - NFS2, and 3 are way too crappy when it comes to graphics.

NFSPU - only porsche? nuff' said.

NFS7 & 8 - wheres the soy sauce? i cant have rice without soy sauce!!

NFSHS- good tracks, thats about it. number 2 in my list.

NFSHP2 is my favorite #1 - simply like the tracks, car selection, and the physics. not to mention the ease of editing.

NFSMW is alright, good american cars, but thats about it.

NFS C and PS - havnt played yet.

i definatly do NOT like japanese cars by any stretch of the imagination. they are just too little, and i am just too big. ( 6'6" 265 lbs) i like our big american cars.

my friend, who lives upstairs from me, has a 2002 Civic with 109000 miles on it. engine just blew. block cracked, and head warped. my 2002 Alero with 126000+ on it, i fixed the intake gaskets which blew because i abused it by towing a trailer from Utah to Vermont with it. i think ill stick to american!

SCHUMI-4-EVA
01-07-2008, 04:43 PM
2 and 3 have awfull graphics?

Well excuse a 10+ year old game for not having DX10 perfection.

Nikusakken
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
NFSHP2 has good physics ? All right, it's your opinion but the cars looks likes mades of plastics and that damage system is ridiculous (only visual damage ?)

NFS 3 has awful graphics ? It's supports more polys than High Stakes.

You want better graphics in NFS 2 and 3 ? Use Glide Wrapper, it emules Voodoo 3 graphics (better graphics, skybox, car reflections...)

GTR
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
you have to judge each game by its age.

I likes NFS R&T, it was very realistic and had very nice cars and tracks. it even had cops.
NFSIISE looks spectacular with wrappers. it also has amazing tracks, awesome cars and even a simulation mode where the physics feel extremely realistic.
NFSIII took the graphics to a whole new level. added hot pursuit, weather and night to the game.
NFSHS used the same graphics engine, added 3D stuff, upgrades, ... so many tracks, so many cars, and best of all, the ability to add cars as many as you want.
NFSPU had the disadvantage of having only porsches, but the physics and graphics were unbeatable. I still love playing it after 7 years of its release.
NFSHP2 was a good game but only on PS2. the graphics and tracks are amazing, but the features are way less than satisfactory on PC. imagine if that game had dash view...
NFSUG was at the age of the "Rise of the Ricers". the graphics were ok, the physics, car sounds, and features sucked badly. however the parts were the best in underground series.
NFSUG2 was nothing like UG. the sounds, physics, graphics, tracks, everything was amazing. cept for the ricing. that really sucked. it pretty much MADE you rice your car.
NFSMW had everything right, good cars, good sounds, good track, good graphics, everything. however, the physics and camera movements were pathetic.
NFSC had all the down sides of MW, without the good sides.

NFSPS, i havent played it, but its the closest NFS to my ideal NFS.

I still maintain that NFSHS was the best NFS for its time. after that would be NFSIISE. If EA decides to remake any of these two games, has gone the right way.

edlemur
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
also, back in the day of TNFS, there was no distinction from "arcade" and "simulator". every developer was just trying to get the cars to feel as real. any developer that didnt try to make their cars feel real was aiming for this type of game
http://www.winmobiletech.com/kuvat/112006dreamway/DWInGame.bmp.png

PCG-UB
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
To be honest, I am not satisfied with the way the series is going, hence I have not been buying lately. If you'll notice, less and less attention is on the actual race. I like a simple game, with a simple menu, great gameplay (that requires SKILL to beat, I want a fast adrenaline-packed game that will still have you practicing three years later and managing to still make improvements) and a decent online system.

If you look at the newer NFS's, you'll see a lot of the game devoted to culture. In the menus, the way your car has to look, in the music - a lot of has to do with culture. Lots of subliminal advertising, too. As if they aren't making enough money. Look at all the hype for Prostreet that had nothing to do with the actual race itself.

Storylines? Not interested, thanks. I don't want to be told I'm the street King or that I've reached the number one ranking, especially when it wasn't that hard.

I don't like spending a lot of time modifying the cars, either. The only options I want to see are transmission, colour, and convertible (if applicable). No tuning at all. As for what cars are in the game, I don't care. As long as they are fast. (Anybody here race with the HS EP cars - especially the CART ones? THAT fast.)

The tracks? It would be nice if they are good looking, but what I really care about is how challenging they are. The physics play a part here. I want to have tracks that you can spend hours on, where a correct line actually means something, where the line is influenced by things such as road signs and minor hills. Where you really have to be within inches of the line to get a top time. Where the line sometimes (actually, quite often) brings you within inches of walls. Little room for error. Sort of like Aquatica in HS. Throw in some track options. Weather, directions, mirrored, night... it may not be realistic to select these from the menu(and heck, who's ever heard of a REAL track being mirrored), but IT IS A GAME. Not real life. It's not supposed to be realistic.

Forget all the consoles, I want a game originally developed for the PC. No ports. The Prostreet demo had frustrating menus because it was originally developed for a console.

And as always, I want a real online system. One lobby. Join pits from the lobby. Chat in the pits and in the lobby. Race in real time. Whisper functionality, buddy lists, and booting options for the host, or at the very least the ability/option to password the pit. And servers that stay up forever. :P (Hard to beat IPL in my opinion :D)

The games that I have played - NFS 2 (not SE), HS, PU, HP2, UG, Carbon demo, PS demo. All PC versions.

Since I honestly don't expect EA to go the way I want, and that's understandable, I haven't exactly been lining up to buy their latest and "greatest."

HS Forever :P

unBtable

edlemur
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
TDU is still the best car game evah!

sysoverflow
01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
TDU is still the best car game evah!

When it works.

edlemur
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
works fine for me.

momaka
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I think I would have to agree with everything unBtable said. They just don't make games that simple anymore and that's why I haven't been buying any of the late NFSs either. I either try the demos or play at my firend's house, but the last NFS that I bought was UG2, and after seeing that it has turned into a culture game rather than a simple racing game, I just kind of gave up too on NFS. Besides, EA has been going a little high on requirements lately. Not that I'm expecting their latest games to run on my computer (as it's old enough already), but they can at least stick to one graphic engine for a few years (maybe add improvements each year, but still make it backward compatible). But that doesn't happen. NFS now has to be made first for consoles then for PCs. No wonder menus suck. No wonder the games have so many bugs and exploits as well. Oh well... I don't think EA will do much about it, but who cares, I still got NFS HS and PU. Good enough for me.
When I get my PII running, I'll have NFS HS and PU to run on a network in my room. Oh yeah ;) !

Killua
01-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Today I installed Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit... I didn't play it in many years, and it feels cool...

Nikusakken
01-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I think that a NFS that should not exist is Need for Speed: V-Rally

Sage
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hot Pursuit 2 was an absolute stunning game, and I still enjoy playing it.

Most Wanted wasn't realistic with its cop chases, but it was obvious MW was made for a fun experience, and not realism. the NFS series started a downhill spiral with Underground, and MW made up for most of it. Carbon lowered them once again, but PS is a step in the right direction, but they MUST make the handling MUCH more real.

Nikusakken
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I really don't like ProStreet too much. NFS isn't a simulation game, and EA tried to make NFS a thing that it isn't is.

Mad Dog McKill
01-19-2008, 07:31 AM
IMHO the series should be rated this way:

II>PU>HS>III>TNFS>TNFS>MW>HP2>C>UG2>UG>PS

After playing ProStreet for several hours I can safely say that its the worst NFS game ever. I remember thinking Underground was bad.. but I finished that game! I seriously do not think that I can do so with ProStreet.

Generally I would rate the game with an easy system. I would simply ask myself "Am I still playing it?". For games like NFS II and PU - YES. 10 years on, I enjoy playing a 5-track race on NFS2 against the AI with traffic "on". It is just stupidly fun to dodge traffic while trying to be first and breaking all your track records. The music is incredibly fun as well.

It is about the same scenario for PU. I still play the Evolution/Test Driver modes every few years. I tried the game on my 40' LCD and it is still looking amazing after all these years. Great music, great tracks, great physics. What else is there to say?

I am going to quote momaka who has spoken wise words and I totally agree with him.

All in all, I think NFS went down after PU, or whenever that "EA Games, challenge everything" logo came out. Before that, NFS was a straightforward game which gave you the most spectacular cars (with showcases, dash, and whatnot), and a diverse choice of tracks around the world you'd probably like to see someday. Add cops (HS and HP) to spice up things when you needed it, and a replay to watch it all after a hard race. It wasn't more than that, but NFS had a much greater replay value before.

Am I satisfied? Sure, just not as much anymore as I used to get before. EA does try to satisfy everyone these days, but they seem to half-*** their games by releasing one every year. I'd be more satisfied if they took their time to make a better quality game. Satisfied with my answer?

Regarding "EA Games, challenge everything" logo. I think it was not only NFS that got affected. Another game like Earth & Beyond was killed off about that time and Command and Conquer series almost died with coming of Generals and closure of Westwood.

I regret buying my last Need For Speed game - HP2. I really thought it would be more than just races but then I was even more shocked by Underground. Exotics replaced by Civics and Eclipses.. oh the horror.

Underground 2 improved the gameplay somewhat but was more like addon.

Most Wanted proved to be a return to cop chases. While escaping police at 300+Km/h is stupid. The whole point is to have fun. I did. 2 years on, the game still sits on my PC. Probably good for a rare race vs cops once in a while.

Carbon returned to Underground ways but with better graphics but worse cutscenes and dumb police. If I say something incorrect about the game, it means that I already forgot it. Just proves how little I like it.

The worst part about ProStreet is that the game is apparently set in a legal racing world (yet we hear in game that the cops wanted to end the "dangerous" races? wth is that?) and we still see the same Civics and Eclipses that the "Underground" crowd was using.

I guess someone took a wrong turn and entered the cheap racers club.

Forget about exotics.. out of 55 cars, we only got 8.. or 9 of them?

All in all, a pathetic attempt at another Need For Speed game. As someone said - it is ProStreet, not Need For Speed.

OD211
01-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Here's how I feel.

TNFS = Good start
NFS II = Improves in some areas, doesn't improve in others
NFS HP = FUN!
NFS HS = Also FUN!
NFS PU (PC variant) = VERY VERY FUN! (But the Porsche only concept gave the game less charm than it should have)
NFS HP2 (PC variant) = Relatively mediocre NFS game (except for AI)
NFS UG = Finished it and never looked back. It didn't have any replay value. Atleast the soundtrack was good. Customization sucked, a lot of races were very easy (even on hard mode) and there were some very unrealistic physics (FWD handles better than RWD. Lightweight cars handle worse than heavier cars, etc.). The game being fully night-time is another minus.
NFS UG2 = Ugh 2. Horrible soundtrack, horrible customization, boring races and more.
NFS MW = Step. In. Right. Direction.
NFS C = Carbon Monoxide: Step. In. Wrong. Direction. Very mediocre racing game if you take out the Canyon Duels (copied entirely from Kaido Battle)
NFS PS = Have yet to play.

As of yet, these "NFS sequels" (they don't feel much like an actual NFS to me) do not satisfy me. I have far more fun playing Midnight Club II.

Mad Dog McKill
01-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Here's how I feel.

TNFS = Good start
NFS II = Improves in some areas, doesn't improve in others
NFS HP = FUN!
NFS HS = Also FUN!
NFS PU (PC variant) = VERY VERY FUN! (But the Porsche only concept gave the game less charm than it should have)
NFS HP2 (PC variant) = Relatively mediocre NFS game (except for AI)
NFS UG = Finished it and never looked back. It didn't have any replay value. Atleast the soundtrack was good. Customization sucked, a lot of races were very easy (even on hard mode) and there were some very unrealistic physics (FWD handles better than RWD. Lightweight cars handle worse than heavier cars, etc.). The game being fully night-time is another minus.
NFS UG2 = Ugh 2. Horrible soundtrack, horrible customization, boring races and more.
NFS MW = Step. In. Right. Direction.
NFS C = Carbon Monoxide: Step. In. Wrong. Direction. Very mediocre racing game if you take out the Canyon Duels (copied entirely from Kaido Battle)
NFS PS = Have yet to play.

Good Summary. From the looks of it, (and looking at the pattern of your mini review) you will be very dissapointed with PS. I suggest you try the game before you buy it if you wish to save money.

AgentRoo
01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Forget about exotics.. out of 55 cars, we only got 8.. or 9 of them?

Depends on what you mean by "exotic".

If we instead look at supercars, and define them as any stock car which has a top speed of 190MPH, a 0-60 time of 4s and a 0-100 time of 7s (or better) then with the 76 car expanded PS there are 9, with 10 more just missing out by a tiny amount.

Using the above definition, the following class as supercars:

Bugatti Veyron
Ford GT
Konigsegg CCX
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
Lamborghini Gallardo Superlegga
McLaren F1
Nissan GT-R R35
Pagani Zonda F
Porsche Carrera GT

The following cars just miss out:

Aston Martin DB9
Audi R8
Corvette C6
Corvette Z06
Dodge Viper
Nissan GT-R Proto
Porsche 911 Turbo
Porsche 911 GT 2
Porsche 911 GT 3
Porsche 911 GT 3 RS

Gives 19 top end cars, or exactly 25% of all vehicles. I guess this was similar to the list you used as "exotics", as when I eliminate the new additions there are 8 cars remaining ;)

Mad Dog McKill
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Forget about my exotics example.. I was wrongly comparing only the basic cars available. But I do however miss Ferrari cars and those NFS2 Concept stuff like Jaguar JX220, Fort GT90. Still.. 25% is not too great. Remember it was 100% for NFS 2 ;p

But then again.. I am probably asking too much from a greedy company like EA.

Squeaky123450
01-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I think I've found out what NFS 12 will be. Theres a roomer floating around that it will be Need For Speed Underground 3 or Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 3? My Favourite NFS game?: NFS 9 MW

edlemur
01-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Remember it was 100% for NFS 2 ;p

remember there were less than 10 cars in nfs2

Sinister
01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
may have only had less than 10 cars, but IS the best NFS.

sysoverflow
01-19-2008, 01:06 PM
underground 2 is the best

edlemur
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
underground 2 is the best of the worst (ug, ug2 and C)

Killua
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
In the regular version of NFS 2, the worst car in the game was the Lotus Esprit V8... and I would kill for having one.
Sadly, EA how greedy and stupid it is, NFS will never be the same, and I think we all know that.

sysoverflow
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
pro street is eh, i don't like the whole racetrack thing. street racing is the shizzits.
also lack of cops is appaling.

carbon is fail
most wanted is eh, could have been better especially with the physics and the faggy blacklist shit.

underground 2 is awesome but i craved for exotics and daytime..physics were ok but lack of a deadzone for controllers convinced me to give up the game.

underground was good too.

hot pursuit 2 sucked ****.
porsche unleashed was gay, a bit of fun but only porsches got annoying.
high stakes was eh
same with hot pursuit, fun but not for today.

can't comment on ones previous

ricersHA
01-19-2008, 06:42 PM
what would be best is to forget the tuners,and make sure there is no more FnF games aka ug to carbon.Next time they should do race tracks in the moutains,lakes,italy country sides,the castle track in PU,home town 2,be the cop again.So far for PS makes FnF games looks like more crappy than before PS came out.You can get a line to drive on with the street cars hittingyou cops bumping you and only you never hitting the AI cars.To me it like alot of raceways tracks from HS.They may never return to the way NFS should but if they did make 5 to 8 tracks old style again it would capture the feel of NFS that got nearly everyone here to love the game to take there time out to play it.So far for UG crap don't like the old style play juice.The UG seris to carbon got people not to buy NFS when i saw UG i no way i am buying this crap then UG2 came out it got worse and if there was another FnF game after carbon it would be the end the NFS for good.And for some info NFS didn't start at UG but at road and track nfs.Why would anyone want to see a neon instead of a diablo is beyond my reason.FnF or PS style PS is far better than those pretenders.

Nikusakken
01-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I see no problem if they do a U1 or U2 or Carbon game style (street racing, story mode), but if the include a classical mode (Like these news Tony Hawk's) it's ok for me :)

Mad Dog McKill
01-19-2008, 08:29 PM
In the regular version of NFS 2, the worst car in the game was the Lotus Esprit V8... and I would kill for having one.

Golden words. I felt exactly the same way.. thus I love Cala till this day. I also blame lamborghini for cancelling the project after being bought over.. Gallardo is NOTHING like the beautiful Cala since it is more or less a recycled car just like our recycled NFS series.

And for some info NFS didn't start at UG but at road and track nfs.Why would anyone want to see a neon instead of a diablo is beyond my reason.

Exactly. I thought the whole point of the series is to drive cars of your dreams.. not drive something that you see on the road every day..

Nikusakken
01-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Gallardo is NOTHING like the beautiful Cala

CalĂ* is a bit ugly for me. Theses air entrace in both sides of the car makes it ugly and looking the rear by the side, it's looks like a Celica. Countach still my favourite Lamborghini (alongside of the Murcielago, Diablo and Gallardo)

*Going back to TDU*.

FEAR
01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
CalĂ* is a bit ugly for me. Theses air entrace in both sides of the car makes it ugly and looking the rear by the side, it's looks like a Celica. Countach still my favourite Lamborghini (alongside of the Murcielago, Diablo and Gallardo)

*Going back to TDU*.

Plus, there are those who might mistake it from the side view for a Celica :|

Mad Dog McKill
01-20-2008, 01:16 AM
You know it is funny that I did not know about Celica till they introduced it in Underground. Prior to that I did not even know that the car existed. So its Celica after Cala for me. Besides, the two can never be equal.

OD211
01-20-2008, 02:08 AM
it's looks like a Celica.
I do believe that the Celica you're thinking of didn't even exist back then. The Celica that existed back then was the GT4 (The famous World Rally Championship Celica), which looked nothing like the FWD "Celica" of today.

bmw335im3
01-20-2008, 02:16 AM
I dont think a celica could have such BEAUTIFUL rims :D :D :D

Killua
01-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Diablo SV > Cala > Any Lamborghini. :P

Still, the Cala has a sexy look that can't be compared...

jianh2008
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Anyway, i just really had to post this. I know everyone has said that since NFS Underground, NFS has been taking a seriously wrong turn. So, what about NFS Pro Street? Are people satisfied or no? Comments Please!

what do you mean wrong turn?? I don't see it that way, since Underground, Need For Speed opens a wide door for the world of racing

edlemur
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
what do you mean wrong turn?? I don't see it that way, since Underground, Need For Speed opens a wide door for the world of racing

very wide. instead of playing with cars you could only dream of, now you can play with cars that are right on your street. exciting.

Nikusakken
02-01-2008, 07:28 PM
very wide. instead of playing with cars you could only dream of, now you can play with cars that are right on your street. exciting.

He's trying to say about Street Racing.

ricersHA
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
street racing was a mistake from the start.Neon lights,air suspenions,boom boxes and get awarded for ricing a car out, and then to make it worse underground to carbon took away the speed part with cars hitting you taking the speed part of the game away.There is nothing more fun than street cars hitting you YA.Let EA continue the way they are going maybe we can get back the diablo and the clk-gtr again instead of the honda civic and HS and PU type world tracks again.Far as i see NFS stopped at Underground and came back with PS.

momaka
02-02-2008, 12:17 AM
The underground is where the massive content recycling started (that is, every next NFS had a lot of content from the previous one to save EA development money and time while still selling the game for $40 a pop).
However, NFS also started going down after HP2 as well. Features like damage and replay were half-assed, while dash view, lights, and a few other features were totaly lacking.
MW brough back cops, but in an unrealistic way. Carbon was recycled MW with even worse things in it. Pro Street seems alright, but the gameplay has become too complex. Nowadays, it seems like NFS is more about customizing a car and doing different events rather than just simply taking a hot exotic and blasting it through the country roads.

Gee-Q
02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I see it this way

TNFS - Allways good
NFS2 - i had the SE, good game for the time, lack of cars
NFS HP - Nice. Few patches to let it look like 4 and it was good.
NFS HS - Just as nice, firmiliar tracks, a few more, a few more cars to. IIRC this was the forst real career mode one.
NFS PU - Porsche only? Still, neat game concerning handling and tracks.
NFS HP2 - a few handling issues here and there, not too bad.
UG - Kinda where NFS thought they had the turing point in the series, but lacked something big.
UG 2. Graphics were not to great, but to me this was a good turn in the right direction. UG 2 gave us the chance to practice offtrack, free roam and test cars before you would race them. You could explore your world and race whatever you wanted.
MW - Even Better. NFS started to wake up. Better world, graphics, handling and a game that wouldn't collect dust after the first few hrs of play. Personally, my favourite. This is also where the cars realy began to sound realistic.
C - Bad. They tried a MW2 but messed it all up with no proper persuit. game was to dark and just plain bad.
PS - Uh, where did free roam go? It fits with the weekend stuff, graphics is good and the cars feel great too. But, still, where is that something entirly new like from HP2 to UG?

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
carbon was crap because of the handling. UG2's handling remains my favorite for any NFS, along with PS.

Dude you must be kidding.. The quality of UG2's handling becomes clear from it's physics.. especially cars being shot up like boomerangs after collisions..

edlemur
03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Dude you must be kidding.. The quality of UG2's handling becomes clear from it's physics.. especially cars being shot up like boomerangs after collisions..

Cars shot up like boomerangs? Uhhhhh, nope. In fact, that only happens to traffic cars. Which have NADA to do on how YOUR car handles.

Nikusakken
03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
edlemur, why are you mixing english with spanish ?

edlemur
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
edlemur, why are you mixing english with spanish ?

The term "nada" is very commonly used in the english language.

Nikusakken
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I really must learn more about english...

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Thats what.. traffic cars should have SOME effect on OUR car's handling (Newton's third law). Such things will never happen in Carbon.

Nikusakken
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
NFS never was soo realistic :\

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
NFS never was soo realistic :\

compared to F1 challenge, BMW M3 challenge, etc?

Nikusakken
03-11-2008, 09:56 PM
compared to F1 challenge, BMW M3 challenge, etc?

Yeah... Just look at Most Wanted police chases. That is a real unrealism.

edlemur
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Thats what.. traffic cars should have SOME effect on OUR car's handling (Newton's third law). Such things will never happen in Carbon.

so the traffic cars weigh less.... that doesnt really go hand in hand to how the player car handles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_handling
this says nothing about handling once crashing with another vehicle.

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Sometimes I think whether they are indeed police or suicide attackers! They get totaled but never give up! On the contrary, our car escapes without a scratch.. except for spikestrips..

Nikusakken
03-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Blame EA and the car's manufactors because of it.

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
so the traffic cars weigh less.... that doesnt really go hand in hand to how the player car handles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_handling
this says nothing about handling once crashing with another vehicle.

What I wanted to say is that UG2 doesn't have better physics than carbon, which is imminent from crashes (and applies to vehicle modeling/dynamics as well). While there is pronounced rolling after impact in Carbon, causing roll steer, no such thing happens in UG2. This makes handling in Carbon much more realistic. Easy handling doesn't always mean better handling.

edlemur
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
What I wanted to say is that UG2 doesn't have better physics than carbon, which is imminent from crashes (and applies to vehicle modeling/dynamics as well). While there is pronounced rolling after impact in Carbon, causing roll steer, no such thing happens in UG2. This makes handling in Carbon much more realistic. Easy handling doesn't always mean better handling.

uhhhh....no. all that is saying is that the handling system in carbon is more complex. turn off stability control in UG2, drive a while, and you'll see that its far more real than Carbon. In Carbon, your car takes on turns at 150mph and feels like the cars are twice as heavy as it is in reality. It would be like saying the newest burnout handles more realistically than the first Gran Turismo just because its more complex. If you took a lap in reality, it would look something like in UG2, not in Carbon.

NFS Feedbacker
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll see what happens without stability control.. I guess it'll handle like PU after braking.. may be the extensive braking in Carbon makes the cars feel heavy..

Bob Robert
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow Nick Brasil says some pretty ignorant things in this thread.

SLZ Roadstar
03-12-2008, 03:51 AM
I still like NFS2, NFS4, NFS6 & NFS9. All others suck. I havent played Pro STreet yet. SO no opinion about that. WHats good about NFS2, is its soundtrack. NFS4 has good cars & also tracks. NFS5 is a good game. But the cars suck. Only Porsches? But its tracks have great natural beauty. NFS6 - Just AWESOME game every played by me. Nice car list & also nice tracks as well. A complete 100% almost atleats for me. NFS7/8 - RICE RICE RICE! They change the total outlook of the car. I am glad they didnt contine any more ricing upto that extent in further NFSes. NFS9 - just great game. Nice car list, location, cops, extra additional features & a good story too which appealed me. Carbon - YAWN, YAWN YAWN - zzzzzzzZZZZZZ. Night racing at around 3am when even a dog doesnt ply on the road.

AgentRoo
03-12-2008, 05:02 AM
There is one thing now annoying me about Pro Street.

Some of the "body" tuning options are pointless (other than aesthetics).

I would expect Racing Seats and Roof Scoops to reduce the weight of the car for example. Yet when I've picked them, there is no effect on the weight.

In a similar vein, there seems to be no advantage in getting another bodykit. Widebody increases the "aero" rating, but seems to have no other effect, and other bodykits seem to be the same as the stock autosculpt.

Spoilers and hoods can be used to alter downforce, yet it seems that you only need a single aerodynamic option to get the best possible range for the downforce.

Oh, and what price the rubbish about "no exhaust tip with stock body kit"?

Just a few little things that would have changed some options from being "Rice" to being valid tuning modifications.