-PS3
-X360

On these consoles, they don't have damage:

-PS2
-PSP
-Gamecube
-DS
-XBOX.

I've got PS2 version and it f*cks up period.

Ricochet
01-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Cut Xbox and GC off, oddly nobody's making games for them anymore like they are for the PS2.

F*** EA for that and the no-damage-on-PS2.

Vanexroxics
01-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, Blame EA.

Since they think next-gen consoles get more better than the older-gen. (Fair enough)

Sinister
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
change the attitude when complaining, you dont really need to be complaining this much.

Sage
01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
the damage system isn't that great anyway. I give an opponent a love tap and I get light damage; it really isn't that big a deal if you didn't get it.

edlemur
01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
i actually think its great. when it comes to the detail in scratches and dents, PS damage system is the best i've seen. but when it comes to wrecks, DiRT wins.

Finraziel
01-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm, graphics may be okay (I have everything turned to low to be able to run 1680x1050 so I dunno), but I barely ever really notice anything in the car's handling, unless I really REALLY thrashed my car (like frontal into a wall just barely not hard enough for the game to declare my car totalled). So yeah, I don't think you'll really miss a lot on the damage system either.
edit: actually, the only thing the damage system seems to do is annoy you by eating up your cash when you are having trouble winning a certain race...

edlemur
01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
i notice a slightly slower acceleration.

Ricochet
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
i actually think its great. when it comes to the detail in scratches and dents, PS damage system is the best i've seen. but when it comes to wrecks, DiRT wins.

Check out TOCA (I recommend 3) and Forza, their damage, makes PS look like crap, even the 7gen versions

And so far, the best damage I've seen, along with DiRT, is that of FlatOut 2/Ultimate Carnage.

Forgot to mention Burnout Paradise, that game kicks ***.

Vanexroxics
01-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Flatout 2 is definitely owning PS in damage.

Test Drive: Eve Of Destruction does too.

edlemur
01-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Check out TOCA (I recommend 3) and Forza, their damage, makes PS look like crap, even the 7gen versions

na. Forza's and Toca's damage tends to not look as dynamic. Although its more detailed on wrecks than PS; PS beats them on small hits. In PS, you give someone the tiniest of taps; and when you go to photo mode, it just looks so well calculated. But if i give someone that same tap on any other game, the damage is either exaggerated or not registered. And of course PS loses in wrecks since its damage system seems to be limited to body panels. DiRT wins hands down on wrecks.

I would reccomend you play PS on a nextgen platform (why the fvck dont we just call it the current gen already?). You'll be amazed on how dynamic and detailed the tiniest of deformations can be.

Ricochet
01-05-2008, 08:41 AM
I've seen a trailer of the 360 version, and i agree the damage is quite realistic when we talk about the physics, but they aren't as dynamic, as say, Paradise and Forza.

maxi123456
01-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I have damanges on pc but a friend of mine has a ps2 and no damanges for him

edlemur
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I've seen a trailer of the 360 version, and i agree the damage is quite realistic when we talk about the physics, but they aren't as dynamic, as say, Paradise and Forza.

so you're judging it on a trailer? pshaw. you see, until you play PS, you cant judge its damage system by a trailer. PS damage system is more centered on calculating scratches and dents. not parts falling of and bending in. Thats why i say PS damage is great when it comes to bumping.

im just saying PS has the best damage system for small contacts (dents and scratches) compared to Forza, DiRT and FlatOut; which are more centered on extensive damages (structural bending and panels caving

demoman_chaos
01-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Flatout 1 has the best damage. It is extremely dynamic. Soft and hard hits both do great damage.

The only problem with that system is the parts fall off too easy. If the parts would stay on, it would be phenominal.

PS for PS2 only has scrathes, but they do make the car look hurt.

Ricochet
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Those scratches were also in MW and Carbon and they did nothing to hurt the car.

ed: I saw a part in the trailer in which a guy bumps another car on the back and that car's bumper does get seriously damaged by that hit, but for some reason I don't seem impressed by it, maybe because the guy hit the middle of the bumper, but the whole bumper dented :\. Oh well, I guess I will have to see it on a live screen to see the damage in action.

Nytro
01-06-2008, 01:25 AM
does the Wii have damage?

Sage
01-06-2008, 01:30 AM
does the Wii have damage?

not sure; don't think so. I believe only the 360 and PS3 do.

Vanexroxics
01-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Only 360, PS3 and PC has. The rest = NO.