View Full Version : Driftin with a 70's Muscle Car

Po Street
01-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Hi again, I was wondering what you think of me drifting in a Chevrolette SS Muscle Car?! I tuned it out to the max, and it runs like a dream. It was when I was NOS drifting that I noticed the score sky rocket. I am getting MASSIVE scores with it and was wondering if this was a new concept or that it was the obvious choice:D.

I made this thread because I generally see a RX-7 or smaller lighter and more controllable cars as the preference for Drift. Or am I wrong? :\

Anyway, what do you think?! :rolleyes5

Vanexroxics
01-11-2008, 07:41 AM
RWD Cars are pretty easy to drift. (Although RX-7 is er...FWD, right?)

AgentRoo
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Wiki shows it as FR, which is front engine, rear drive I think.

Pretty sure it's a rear-drive in PS anyway, because you can drift it.

QUINTIN
01-11-2008, 09:52 AM
It's surely rearwheeldriven, lots of japanese drifters had one or stil have because: 1. They cant afford the cheapest other car that's better and they know where to find, 2. they just like it.
But that's not important, what is is that in GranTurismo it has FR(see post above) and because all of the cars in that game are as real as humanly possible, so it must be that way. Now I'm going to look at an RX7 fansite to be 100% sure.

Kaerar
01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
All RX-7's are FR cars end of story, I own one so I should know ;)

The lighter FR J.a.p cars are often chosen for drifting because they are cheap. Drifting is hard on parts and bodywork so having a BMW M3 E92 isn't exactly a good investment unless BMW are sponsoring you.

In ProStreet though the drift model is pretty dire, and you can drift almost anything pretty easily. There are a couple of exceptions and a couple of outstanding cars for it, but generally its hard to lose drifting (except those crap Ebisu courses).